THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

21 minutes ago, syd said:

that doe's sound like quite the meal,How ya doing man ? hope all is well

Yeah, got back out of the hospital last Tuesday afternoon  .... my second trip in September.   Doing better now after some additional rest, those trips can wear you down.  I'm trying to stay clear of those places,  I've lost about 13 pounds  in September alone without trying. 

I need to stay home and get some good grill food .... that will work !   All in all I'm doing good I'm actually a pretty good strong guy despite all of these tests and things.  Went to a doctor appointment today,  he was satisfied with everything  so doctor happy /  I'm happy.   :lol:   period.  

And I have another doctor appointment tomorrow  on my birthday  and on top of that NO GUARDIANS GAME  an OFF DAY.  And I'll be 73 .... actually I'm in really good shape for 73.   No kidding  !   Oh well I'm keeping the insurance companies busy.    Catch you later syd.  

Edit ...   CLE 4  CIN 3 top 9 coming up. Clase coming in.

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah, got back out of the hospital last Tuesday afternoon  .... my second trip in September.   Doing better now after some additional rest, those trips can wear you down.  I'm trying to stay clear of those places,  I've lost about 13 pounds  in September alone without trying. 

I need to stay home and get some good grill food .... that will work !   All in all I'm doing good I'm actually a pretty good strong guy despite all of these tests and things.  Went to a doctor appointment today,  he was satisfied with everything  so doctor happy /  I'm happy.   :lol:   period.  

And I have another doctor appointment tomorrow  on my birthday  and on top of that NO GUARDIANS GAME  an OFF DAY.  And I'll be 73 .... actually I'm in really good shape for 73.   No kidding  !   Oh well I'm keeping the insurance companies busy.    Catch you later syd.  

Edit ...   CLE 4  CIN 3 top 9 coming up. Clase coming in.

LOL Sorry Lets go Reds,glad your in good spirits ,Eat well my friend

2 minutes ago, syd said:

LOL Sorry Lets go Reds,glad your in good spirits ,Eat well my friend

Cleveland won 4-3 and retains that OHIO CUP,  (for what it's worth,   lol.)   

And I have a great wife who just happens to be a fantastic cook .... I will eat well.   :D

1 hour ago, syd said:

eeehhhhh  Damnit.   Oh well,  better luck next year. 

enjoy your dinner.    Oh yes !

The wife made a German split pea soup  it was quite delicious. 

Tomorrow, my birthday,  Red Lobster, cook's day off.  Haven't been there in years.   And a $45 gift card.  :)  

Bon Appétit !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And here I thought you would say Dutch Apple Pie with candles.😋🥧🪠

~     Thank you one and all,  yes I survived yet another year,  "73"  and still counting  ......

Much appreciated.  💕.    Getting ready for my 1 pm doctor appointment,  should be easy, pick up a few Rx and  go !

11 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I like tacos.

Great fun foods !   We need those too.  Not everything are deluxe meals.

13 hours ago, syd said:

hey it's been 7 day's since i have had a cigarette 

Hang in there !  I smoked cigars for over 50 years  in 2015 I just quit smoking cigars after getting out of the hospital that year.   I haven't had one since.

I just decided that I didn't need them besides  premium cigars that I smoked were getting just too expensive !

I now concentrate on really good eats !

• 2 weeks later...

~     Here's a good recipe for next week's  SF 49ers  -at-  The Cleveland BROWNS  game.  I'm hoping the 49ers are way, way over playing the stomping of the Cowgirls last week.   But nevertheless we have to  EAT WELL !  How about some   BAKED ITALIAN HEROS  !   Oh yeah !

Here's a good meal fit for a family outing  -or-  tailgating party.  Here's  a winner every time and oh so easy  !   And  ◆ Check out ◆  our extra recipes and Notes below.

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

◆   SERVES  6  ◆  COOK TIME  12   MINUTES  ◆

Load the meats and cheeses onto  BAKED ITALIAN HEROES....  Drizzle these submarine sandwiches with Italian dressing, and hope that you've got giant appetites waiting!   Need  12  servings ?  Just double the ingredients,   easy  huh.

◆     What You'll Need  ....  need more just  x2  the shopping list. 

• 6 (6- to-8-inch) hero (hoagie) rolls, split
  • 1/2 cup Italian dressing. (buy extras for more guests or leftovers) 
  • 1/2 pound sliced deli salami
  • 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
  • 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
  • 1/2 pound sliced deli provolone cheese
  • 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 of a medium-sized onion, thinly sliced

◆     What to Do,  it's so quick and easy. 

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Brush cut sides of rolls with Italian dressing.
  2. Layer bottom halves of rolls with salami, turkey, ham, cheese, tomato, and onion; replace tops of rolls. Place each sandwich on a piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
  3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Carefully remove aluminum foil, and serve.

◆     Notes and extra recipes just see below.

Baked-Italian-Heroes_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-1030179 (1).jpg

~     AND  I hope that you guys and gals   click on  to the above two links above on the   BAKED ITALIAN HEROS    recipe  for about   51   absolutely delicious   GREAT  ITALIAN   RECIPES. omg, yes check it out !

Don't miss this freebie what ever you do loads of    DELICIOUS ITALIAN RECIPES   yours for the clicking.   Check it out.     GO BROWNS  !       And  BON APPÉTIT  my friends  !

Baked-Italian-Heroes_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-1030179.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

~         Now that cooler football days are here ... both college and professional ... I'm looking at my favorite old   SOUPS,  STEWS,  CASSEROLES   -and-  of course  CHILIS !   

Here's a tasty, easy  ONE POT  CHILI  recipe  in just  two steps.   Now how easy is that ?      Umm, chili tonight  !      :)

There are literally dozens of recipes for  CHILI  but this one has  secret ingredient.   The  ◆ BBQ  ONE POT CHILI ◆  perfect for  ▪︎ GAMEDAY ▪︎  or anyday you want a quick, easy clean-up meal.   And see our NOTES below,  ummm, chili and one pot easy tonight.

▪︎  SERVES  6  ▪︎.  COOK TIME 50 MINUTES ▪︎

● What You'll Need:

• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 pound ground beef
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
  • 2 cup barbecue sauce.  <--- *the secret ingredient !  <--●
  • 2 tablespoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

● What To Do:

1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add beef, onion, and garlic, and cook until meat is browned, stirring occasionally; drain off excess liquid. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, barbecue sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir to mix well.

2. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

●-->  Notes:

Craving even more ground beef chili recipes? Click here to check out even more of our favorites!

BBQ-One-Pot-Chili_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-1700071.jpg

• mjp28 pinned this topic

~         Here's another quick and easy favorite which would fall under the.  CASSEROLES   our   ZITI CASSEROLE  and delicious.   Cook time is 35 minutes.     (  from April 2022 )    :D

Want something deliciously different how about some TEX-MEX ZITI  great mix between Italian and Mexican will be a GAMEDAY  or any get-together or family meal.  

And check  ✔  out the kitchen notes below for some good ideas. 

SERVES 6    COOK TIME 35  MINUTES   

If your family can't decide between Italian or Mexican food, then we've got the perfect solution, Tex Mex Ziti! This beefy and cheesy casserole combines the best of two cultures in just one dish. Not only will your whole GAMEDAY SPORTS gang   -or-  just your family will be pleased, but you will be too, 'cause this recipe is weeknight-easy!

♥︎    What You'll Need

• 1 (12-ounce) package ziti
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 2 cups spaghetti sauce
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley

♥︎    What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside in a large bowl.

3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion 5 minutes; drain off excess liquid. Add to drained pasta along with spaghetti sauce, salsa, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup cheese; stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared baking dish.

4. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.

✔    Notes

• For additional ethnic flavor, we suggest that you might want to add a drained can of green chilies, jalapeño peppers, or black olives when you combine all of the ingredients.
  • Freezer-friendly recipe: Follow all steps above expect for baking. After ziti is assembled, cover with a few layers of foil and place in freezer. Thaw by placing in fridge 24 hours in advance. Once thawed, bake at regular time and temerpature. Click here for more tips on freezing our recipes!
  • If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 24 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles.

• Check out more of our favorite Tex-Mex recipes with dishes like our Taco Ring and Tex Mex Dip.

Tex-Mex-Ziti_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1088422.jpg

• mjp28 unpinned this topic

11/12/2023   -     From the football thread ......

.....  already finished my halftime snack early ....  my salami & provolone cheese sandwich on rye with lettuce and mustard & mayo ... oh so good.   A big dill pickle with a small bag of UTZ chips (better and cheaper than Lays) !   Great lunch, umm-mmm. 

You don't always need an expensive or fancy halftime snack for a bon apetit meal.   For sure !     :wub:

~          With the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and other get-togethers just around the corner this is a great time for this old classic recipe.   🎄

◆  The BEST MASHED POTATOES EVER recipe !    A great creamy side dish with a delicious buttery taste,  umm-mmm.

With the holidays just around the corner here's a special recipe to keep handy.  ◆ And please check out the handy options below ! ◆

SERVES  5   COOK TIME 15  MINUTES

~AND~  NO Thanksgiving meal or  ▪︎ GAMEDAY▪︎  get-together  is complete without the perfect mashed potato dish. That's why we're pulling out all the stops with this easy recipe; we're so sure it will be the hit of your holiday party that we named this recipe our   ▪︎ BEST MASHED POTATOES EVER recipe ! ▪︎   This creamy side dish is filled with that buttery flavor you know and love but, when it comes to changing things up, the options are endless. So get ready for a fantastic holiday dinner, and the Best Mashed Potatoes Ever!

• ◆   What You'll Need
  •  
  • 1/2 pounds Russet baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

◆  What to Do

1. Place potato chunks in a large soup pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain well and place either back into the pot or into a large bowl.
  2.  Add remaining ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.

◆   So Many Options !

• Garlic Mashed Potatoes:  Cut a small onion into quarters and add it to the pot along with 10 peeled, whole garlic cloves before bringing the potatoes to a boil; beat with remaining ingredients.

• Loaded Mashed Potatoes: Prepare mashed potatoes as above, reducing milk to 1/4 cup and salt to 1/2 teaspoon. Add a 16-ounce container of sour cream, 1 cup finely shredded Colby or sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup real bacon bits, and 1 thinly sliced scallion. Beat as directed above.

• Green Mashed Potatoes: Prepare mashed potatoes as above then add two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach that have been thawed, drained, and squeezed dry. Beat as directed above.

Best-Mashed-Potatoes-Ever_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-2845623.jpg

This evening we had rice, tomato & lettuce salad with blue cheese dressing, crock pot slow cooked Mongolian beef and (Larry will appreciate this) a very fine 2015 Spanish red wine called Clio Jumilla which is 70% Monastrell grapes from 60 y.o. vines and 30% Cabernet from 30 y.o. vines. Excellent balance between the beef and the wine.

Alright gang, l bought some scallops. The big expensive kind. I love them but every time l make them l haven’t been super happy with the results. I’ve tried several recipes. Blackened scallops, bacon wrapped scallops, scalloped potatoes, which really has nothing to do with scallops so it’s no wonder l wasn’t happy with that recipe.

My question to you fellow Browns fan cooking enthusiasts is what’s your go-to recipe for killer scallops?

Thank you in advance!