THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

yucca roots instead of cattail roots? Come on, man. Just cook up your favorite ribs, a bunch of cattail root chunks, and add

some cabbage and salt that you've chopped up, and let set out on the counter for 4 weeks. That is some serious sauerkraut.

55 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

yucca roots instead of cattail roots? Come on, man. Just cook up your favorite ribs, a bunch of cattail root chunks, and add

some cabbage and salt that you've chopped up, and let set out on the counter for 4 weeks. That is some serious sauerkraut.

You ever eaten yucca roots?

Above we had ∆∆∆.......With SUPER BOWL 55 here this is a quick and easy recipe similar to one I had previously posted for  ROAST BEEF SLIDERS this one from Mr Food. 

Here are the links for the OVEN-BAKED CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS and OVEN-BAKED HAM & SWISS SLIDERS.

https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Oven-Baked-Cheeseburger-Sliders-MF

https://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Baked-Ham--Swiss-Sliders

So for Super Bowl GAMEDAY or anyday get-togethers it's a good meal.

Oven-Baked-Cheeseburger-Sliders_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1959654.jpg

Baked-Ham-and-Swiss-Sliders_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2866355.jpg

18 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

heck no, the times we visited N of Dallas, it was never on the menu anywhere...

I've never seen it on a menu here, but I already furnished how to cook it up. Really far tastier than a bland potato.

EDIT: But I may request that a couple of the Mexican food places give it a try on their menus.

Is anyone having a SUPER BOWL 55 party or get-together -or- just a quiet evening at home ?

The wife made some oven roasted chicken thighs with her herbs and spices and some of her sliced and roasted potatoes with onions and some Kraft zesty Italian dressing...... really good !  We had some yesterday and the rest today with appetizers and such during the game.

Go KC I guess or anybody but TB12 ?

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Is anyone having a SUPER BOWL 55 party or get-together -or- just a quiet evening at home ?

The wife made some oven roasted chicken thighs with her herbs and spices and some of her sliced and roasted potatoes with onions and some Kraft zesty Italian dressing...... really good !  We had some yesterday and the rest today with appetizers and such during the game.

Go KC I guess or anybody but TB12 ?

I'm rooting for the old guy.

On 2/4/2021 at 6:03 PM, mjp28 said:

Today is my first full day home.  I'm beat but glad to be here.......and of course having some home cookin' .  :D

well as a doctor i play inside my head I suggest you relax have a cold beer and some fine eats and enjoy the game

peace

glad ur home

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

just a quiet evening at home ?

This... but with this.

My wife's excellent Texas Chili that has been cooking for about 20 hours.

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

This... but with this.

My wife's excellent Texas Chili that has been cooking for about 20 hours.

Sounds good !  My neighbors made us chili 🌶️ last Wednesday on my return to civilization.  It was good.

We had our leftover -but- delicious baked chicken thighs and baked potatoes with onions and Italian dressing.

We're just here now watching TB slicing and dicing the KC Chiefs up for a nice 🏆 trophy.......28-9 in the 3rd.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:13 PM, Unsympathetic said:

My wife made an amazing carrot cake.. which includes 10 full carrots.  

If I cut a big enough piece, it counts as dessert and a vegetable serving.

Mmmmm carrot cake 🍰.    One of my favorite desserts.

Pies I like apple, occasionally pumpkin.  And banana or coconut cream pie among others.

Well it's the official  "Day After Super Bowl Winter Cooking Days".  Time to warm up the kitchen and get some good aromas going.

BUT with a high of 24 freakin degrees today the grillin' season is kind of on hold SO we're having a pasta with sweet sausage casserole today.  Ummmm !

It's smack dab in the middle of  SOUP, STEW, CHILI, OVEN ROASTED, BAKING and CASSEROLE season !       So what are your favorites ?

........ edit add, not that I'm promoting any particular store but Wal-Mart has economical casserole stuff if you're in the market.

Screenshot_2021-02-10_001349.jpg

Edited by mjp28

Mmmmm, what's better than spaghetti how about BAKED SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE even better and only 6 ingredients from Mr Food.  And it's great for a GAMEDAY or just any chilly day will do......and speaking of chili, coming soon.

https://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Baked-Spaghetti-6414

SERVES. 9. COOK TIME.   1 HOUR 40 MINUTES

Who doesn't love a hearty casserole? Using only six ingredients, this is one dish that's going to leave you wanting more!

What You'll Need....and see Notes below !

• 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside in a large bowl.

3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-heat until no pink remains; drain off excess liquid. Add onions, peppers, and salt; cook 6 to 8 minutes, until vegetables are fork-tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Add to spaghetti; toss until well mixed.

4. Pour into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray; cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 to 8 minutes, until top is crisp.

★ Notes

• You can adjust the ingredients and the amounts to make a casserole with your leftover spaghetti. And it's great topped with 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese before baking to give it a different flavor and texture.
  • Option for a bit of crushed pepper flakes if you like.
  • If you enjoyed this spaghetti dinner recipe, be sure to try Spaghetti Pie: Our Best Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe.

Baked-Spaghetti_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1030516.jpg

Some extra time on your hands this weekend ? NO GAMEDAY ?   Want to try something new and different ? How about making a SAUSAGE PIZZA from scratch, ok or maybe a 12" pizza shell. This recipe is from CENTO fine foods.  https://www.cento.com/recipes/pizza/sausage_pizza.php

SAUSAGE PIZZA

Prep Time   20 Min  Cook Time  20 Min    Serves  2-4

A traditional pizza recipe with mozzarella cheese and your choice of Italian sausage, top our Sausage Pizza with sliced jalapenos for added texture and spice.

Ingredients

Directions

Mix flour and salt together and add to a mixing bowl. Create a well in the center and pour water into the well. Add the sugar and yeast to the water and mix within water. Gradually mix flour into the water in small increments and as the dough begins to form, take it out of the bowl and continue to work it by hand on a floured surface.

If the dough is too sticky, add flour in small increments until the dough no longer sticks to your hands or the kneading surface. Knead the dough thoroughly until it becomes smooth, then place a small amount of extra virgin olive oil on the bottom of a bowl and place the dough into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and leave it out until the dough has completely risen, about 15-20 minutes.

To tell if the dough is fully risen, make a small indentation in the center. If the indentation does not rise, the dough is ready. Preheat the oven to 450˚F. 

-----------------  now to prepare sausage toppings -----------------

While dough rests, roast sausage in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until browned, then slice to desired thickness. Lightly grease a 12-inch nonstick pizza pan or heat pizza stone. Form crust by hand and place dough on pan.  (or use a 12" pizza shell)

Spread pizza sauce on dough, top with cheese and sausage. Add jalapenos, if desired. Bake on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese has melted. Let cool before slicing. Serves 2-4.

sausage_pizza.jpg

Edited by mjp28

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:
Some extra time on your hands this weekend ? NO GAMEDAY ?   Want to try something new and different ? How about making a SAUSAGE PIZZA from scratch, ok or maybe a pizza shell. This recipe is from CENTO fine foods.  https://www.cento.com/recipes/pizza/sausage_pizza.php

SAUSAGE PIZZA

Prep Time   20 Min  Cook Time  20 Min    Serves  2-4

A traditional pizza recipe with mozzarella cheese and your choice of Italian sausage, top our Sausage Pizza with sliced jalapenos for added texture and spice.

Ingredients

Directions

Mix flour and salt together and add to a mixing bowl. Create a well in the center and pour water into the well. Add the sugar and yeast to the water and mix within water. Gradually mix flour into the water in small increments and as the dough begins to form, take it out of the bowl and continue to work it by hand on a floured surface.

If the dough is too sticky, add flour in small increments until the dough no longer sticks to your hands or the kneading surface. Knead the dough thoroughly until it becomes smooth, then place a small amount of extra virgin olive oil on the bottom of a bowl and place the dough into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and leave it out until the dough has completely risen, about 15-20 minutes.

To tell if the dough is fully risen, make a small indentation in the center. If the indentation does not rise, the dough is ready. Preheat the oven to 450˚F. 

-----------------  now to prepare sausage toppings -----------------

While dough rests, roast sausage in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until browned, then slice to desired thickness. Lightly grease a 12-inch nonstick pizza pan or heat pizza stone. Form crust by hand and place dough on pan.  (or use a 12" pizza shell)

Spread pizza sauce on dough, top with cheese and sausage. Add jalapenos, if desired. Bake on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese has melted. Let cool before slicing. Serves 2-4.

sausage_pizza.jpg

No thanks to the peppers.  Otherwise looks good.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You could always substitute green peppers or even roasted red 🌶️ peppers or anything else you might like.

Pizza 🍕 is a very flexible meal.  And YES (sweet) sausage is a nice substitute for pepperoni sometimes.  (my wife prefers sweet or mild sausage)

.......... edit add, for more CENTO fine foods pizza and other fine recipes.  https://www.cento.com/recipes-categories/pizza.php

Edited by mjp28

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I know this is sacrilegious for a Texan to denounce jalapenos on a pizza, but I agree with you. So dang me, dang me they otta get a rope and hang me!🤠

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I know this is sacrilegious for a Texan to denounce jalapenos on a pizza, but I agree with you. So dang me, dang me they otta get a rope and hang me!🤠

My wife won't touch them either but we're out of yeast and when we get some more she WILL make it from scratch.......half jalapeno and half 💚 green peppers.

Can't wait, mmmmm jalapenos. ❤️

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

My wife won't touch them either but we're out of yeast and when we get some more she WILL make it from scratch.......half jalapeno and half 💚 green peppers.

Can't wait, mmmmm jalapenos.

Mmmmmmmmmmm Pepperoni. 😍

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Mmmmmmmmmmm Pepperoni. 😍

The last Wedgewood Pizza we just finished yesterday was really good but quite spicy pepperoni...... and of course the #1 pizza topping.

Pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers -and- extra 🍕 cheese is pretty much our standard and Wedgewood puts on a good amount of sauce !  And sometimes we'll add an extra 8" Philly Steak Pizza on the side.

I do occasionally like a sausage or Philly cheese steak pizza to change things up.  

"Pizza, it's what's for dinner......well maybe twice a month".  :)

Anyone else remember or have a favorite Classic Diner or Dive Bar where you can get a good burger 🍔 and beer ?  Maybe some great fried fish an fries and ice cold draft beer ?

I remember a long, long time ago when we'd go to or from one of the countless Cleveland Indians games or the memorable Cleveland BROWNS games some of the joints we'd hit some in small towns between our meeting point in Girard Ohio and the best location in the nation Cleveland !

Many of those small ma & pa joints I'm afraid are long gone now.......but great food, a juke box, some booths and maybe a pool table.

Ah memories !   Now doesn't that just look good !   

photo2jpg-5-700x525-1-700x525-700x525.jpg

On 2/15/2021 at 6:03 PM, mjp28 said:

Anyone else remember or have a favorite Classic Diner or Dive Bar where you can get a good burger 🍔 and beer ?  Maybe some great fried fish an fries and ice cold draft beer ?

I remember a long, long time ago when we'd go to or from one of the countless Cleveland Indians games or the memorable Cleveland BROWNS games some of the joints we'd hit some in small towns between our meeting point in Girard Ohio and the best location in the nation Cleveland !

Many of those small ma & pa joints I'm afraid are long gone now.......but great food, a juke box, some booths and maybe a pool table.

Ah memories !   Now doesn't that just look good !   

photo2jpg-5-700x525-1-700x525-700x525.jpg

Puckers in North Canton.....Not an old place, but great food....the Chicken Quesadillas are fantastic!

Oldie but goodie.....John's Bar in Canton......Nothin' fancy, just all food is excellent & menu has some different stuff & lots of beer. I am ESPECIALLY partial to the Smelt (when available) with Cocktail Sauce & a Greek Salad! I've enjoyed John's since we moved to Canton in 1974. The quality is STILL as good as it was back then! It remains our favorite.

Check out their website: johnsgrille.com/

Mike

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

This place is great.  Was on TV a few years back I forget the name of the show.

Welcome - Southside Diner

My kind of place for breakfast and lunch 8am - 2pm ......lunch with fries and a 🥒 pickle.

Screenshot_2021-02-17_091623.jpg

Got this in my email today from Jersey Mike's a nice looking  PORTABELLA MUSHROOM & SWISS with onions, green peppers.  I will definitely be checking this one out soon.  On the Boardman Ohio menu $8.95.   :D

10 freakin degrees out this morning I think the grill will stay parked for awhile !  (The wife says it looks good, her kind of takeout meal.)

Screenshot_2021-02-17_084810.jpg

Edited by mjp28