THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

1 minute ago, dusty said:

Toledo Dog:

Half a Hungarian Sausage (sliced lengthwise) on a bun.

Yellow mustard

Chopped onions

Chili Sauce

Served with pickles and peppers

This young person has been to Tony Pacco's!!! 

Mike

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I tried that toledo dog, almost barfed.

This guy has ALSO been to Tony Pacco's!!! (ok, it's an acquired taste) 🤣

Mike

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

This guy has ALSO been to Tony Pacco's!!! (ok, it's an acquired taste) 🤣

Mike

"It's an acquired taste"..... 

You occasionally hear that term in the food world both regionally and across the globe.

It's short for "no freakin way will I eat that stuff".    Toledo dog I got a kick out of that one.   :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO any other real world ways you enjoy your hotdogs off the grill or boiled ?    Believe it or not I will eat mine either grilled or boiled depending on the toppings.

• Upvote 1

I happened to run across this tidbit in my search 🔍 for new and different recipes for our GAMEDAY collection.  Unique 🌭 hotdog recipes.

1. Pineapple, Bacon, and Teriyaki Hot Dogs: Putting fruit on your hot dog may not be a basic instinct, but it’s one we should all develop. Pineapple is a great choice, especially when paired with bacon, scallions and teriyaki sauce. (via Shared Appetite)

2. Loaded Buffalo Hot Dogs: Blue cheese, hot sauce and mozzarella, oh my! If there was ever anything more perfect than combining classic Buffalo and hot dogs, we don’t know what it is. These have to be on your menu for the next game day. (via That Oven Feelin’)

3. Caesar Salad Hot Dogs: We know what you’re thinking: Why would you want to ruin your perfectly good beefy hot dog with a salad? Hear us out! The lettuce is minimal, the flavor is huge AND there are Parmesan crisps. Yep, you’re convinced. (via What’s Gaby Cooking)

4. California Hot Dogs: Californians can’t have just any old hot dogs. They have to be filled with fresh ingredients and artisanal toppings. Try sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and avocados to start with. (via Little Scratch Kitchen)

5. Hot Dogs With Chipotle Cheese Sauce and Bacon-Corn Relish: Say *hello* to summer on a hot dog. Between the chipotle cheese sauce and bacon-corn relish, these hot dogs are going to be on your cookout menu all season long. (via Cooking and Beer)

6. French Croissant Hot Dogs With Crispy Bacon: An easy way to transform your hot dog quickly is to think outside of the bun. Using something like a croissant will add interesting texture and flavor that it otherwise wouldn’t have. (via Climbing Grier Mountain)

7. Southwestern Guacamole Hot Dogs: We know that guac is amazing on everything, but it’s exceptionally good on a juicy hot dog. Adding black beans to your usual recipe bumps up the nutritional factor and totally justifies eating hot dogs as a full meal. (via Kim’s Cravings)

8. Hawaiian Hot Dogs With Grilled Pineapple and Teriyaki Mayo: Grilling pineapple along with your hot dogs gives them a smoky flavor and makes them even sweeter. If you like things spicy, top with fresh or pickled jalapeños after drizzling with teriyaki mayo. (via The Endless Meal)

9. Southern Comfort Hot Dog With Bacon, Baked Beans and Slaw: There’s no need to waste valuable real estate on your paper plate when you can just pile everything on your hot dog. Save room for pasta salad and add your baked beans and slaw to your dog… You *won’t* be disappointed. (via A Spicy Perspective)

10. Hoisin Glazed Hot Dogs With Fresh Pineapple Salsa: When you’ve charred your hot dogs beyond repair, a fresh salsa can do wonders to bring them back to life. Sprinkle with feta cheese and a bit of parsley and you’ve completely transformed your damaged goods. (via Port and Fin)

11. Queso Cheese Hot Dogs: Most of us would probably eat a shoe as long as it’s covered in queso. Thankfully, this time the queso is covering a tasty all-beef hot dog and is topped with classic Mexican garnish. (via Little Kitchen Big World)

12. Seattle Hot Dog: A classic Seattle dog consists of a hot dog (obvi), caramelized onions and cream cheese. Yes, you heard correctly, and it’s amazing. You can add whatever additional toppings you like, but do not under any circumstances omit the cream cheese. We’re watching. (via Show Me the Yummy)1

13. Sriracha Slaw Hot Dogs: One category that regular hot dogs lack in is texture. Add a pile of crunchy and spicy Sriracha slaw and that problem is solved instantly. Just don’t forget to make extra slaw for next weekend’s BBQ too. (via Builicious)

14. Thai Style Hot Dogs: This Thai twist on the American classic is a serious adventure for your taste buds. It’s safe to say you probably haven’t had a hot dog with green papaya and dried shrimp slaw, but once you try it, you’ll be hooked. (via Hapa Nom Nom)

• Like 1

In the unique 🌭 hotdog recipes a few do look interesting.  Just getting ready for the 2021 Cleveland Draft Day and the GAMEDAY season to come.

Do these appear good to you ?  I might actually try one of them.

0382.jpg

French-Croissant-Hot-Dogs-with-Crispy-Bacon-www.climbinggriermountain.com_1-600x856.jpg

I regret not starting my homemade sauerkraut to have it to take to Canton Mike's. I did go out and buy an actual 2 liter jar that is actually made for that purpose, with an automatic pressure releaser. Homemade kraut with good hotdogs is excellent.

Unless you don't like kraut....

Maybe I'll make some good  crackers with cream cheese and anchovie. Or just Veggie Thins with a good sharp cheddar cheese.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I regret not starting my homemade sauerkraut to have it to take to Canton Mike's. I did go out and buy an actual 2 liter jar that is actually made for that purpose, with an automatic pressure releaser. Homemade kraut with good hotdogs is excellent.

Unless you don't like kraut....

Maybe I'll make some good  crackers with cream cheese and anchovie. Or just Veggie Thins with a good sharp cheddar cheese.

My favorite hotdogs have always been and still are with sauerkraut (onions optional) with French's yellow mustard and a few drops of Tabasco sauce, Lay's chips on the side......mmmmm could I go for a few now !

My grandmother made the absolute best homemade sauerkraut back in the day -but- my wife makes a really good kraut now.

I still might venture out and try a few new varieties maybe hotdogs and guac ?  Might love it or hate it..... we'll see.  You will never know unless you try something new once in awhile.  

Until then bon appetit !

On 4/19/2021 at 6:52 AM, mjp28 said:

In the unique 🌭 hotdog recipes a few do look interesting.  Just getting ready for the 2021 Cleveland Draft Day and the GAMEDAY season to come.

Do these appear good to you ?  I might actually try one of them.

0382.jpg

If those are soy or pea protein based wieners, sign me the hell up! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Lightlife, Morningstar, Field Roast Grain Meat and Beyond Meat all make veggie hot dogs.

I personally don't do the veggie meat thing but choices are out there.

One of my brothers and his wife are vegans and get into that stuff.

The wide world of eating is out there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Lightlife, Morningstar, Field Roast Grain Meat and Beyond Meat all make veggie hot dogs.

Yep, and many more too... 

• Upvote 1

Best Fish & Chips business anywhere in Ohio ?                                       

Admiral's Feast | Red Lobster Seafood Restaurants   

Burnt batters are disqualified...  🦀 🦐 🐟 killer seafood batters, scallops, lobster & shrimp recipes are welcome... ready? Go!   

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Best Fish & Chips business anywhere in Ohio ?                                       

Admiral's Feast | Red Lobster Seafood Restaurants   

Burnt batters are disqualified...  🦀 🦐 🐟 killer seafood batters, scallops, lobster & shrimp recipes are welcome... ready? Go!   

image.jpeg

Wait what??!!   I thought gumbys only ate Gummy Bears.😋

45 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wait what??!!   I thought gumbys only ate Gummy Bears.😋

Wait? for What?..... were 74 pages later 😮 into this cookbook, and I'm not flipping pages back 🤓  ...we needed a new menu idem to discuss..  

My Wife/ daughters? we all own a Beach House at Topsail Island, NC... They like Mexican food... and I'm the 'Big Tuna' 🐟..

Edit--- and Gummy's from Worms to Bears are all delicious...just ask all grandchildren... them sour ones should go in Willie Wonka's HOF ...🤢 look.. I'm still green    

• Like 1

With the NFL Draft coming up soon from CLEVELAND OHIO how about a really easy classic for snacking BUFFALO WINGS -and- let your oven do the work.  ONLY 3 ingredients great for GAMEDAY.

Why waste time and money on take-out when our easy recipe for a big batch of baked Buffalo chicken wings is so good?! These wings will literally fly off your party platter!

What You'll Need

• 5 pounds split chicken wings, thawed if frozen
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
  • 3/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce.  (your choice on hot, medium, sweet or whatever)

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
  2. Place wings on baking sheets and bake 30 minutes. Turn wings over and bake 30 more minutes, until browned. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
  3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in pepper sauce; toss with cooked chicken wings. Serve immediately.

Makes 40 to 50 appetizer-sized pieces.

Preparation Tip

If you want to make these in advance, bake the wings ahead of time and store them in the fridge or freezer. Then, before serving, simply warm them in the oven and toss them with the warm sauce.

Buffalo-Wings_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1064717.jpg

Here's another chicken recipe a little more satisfying than "just wings" a little more prep time but still worth it.  Also along the lines of chicken thighs.

DELICIOUS DRUMSTICKS  the name says it all and let your oven do the work.  And see the link below for Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks.  Also great for snacking on GAMEDAY !

SERVES 4.  COOK TIME. 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES    https://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Delicious-Drumsticks-4657

The name says it all; these chicken drumsticks are delicious! It's 'cause we've coated our Delicious Drumsticks with a breadcrumb mixture that's loaded with yummy seasonings. These drumsticks are going to fly off the plate!   Not bad for snacking later out of the fridge.........if there's anything left !

What You'll Need

• 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 3/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 pounds chicken drumsticks
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

2. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, and parsley.

3. In a large bowl, place chicken and drizzle with butter; toss until evenly coated, then dredge in bread crumb mixture. Place chicken on baking sheet. 

4. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.

Notes

For even more great ideas, check out our collection of Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes.

Delicious-Drumsticks_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2481809-1.jpg

My loose meat sandwich...breaking down amounts is easy....

3lb lean ground beef...serves 8 -12

1 jumbo white onion

soy sauce

Worcestershire sauce

Vinegar

Brown sugar

Beef broth 1-2 cans

Cook beef, chop well...drain 95% of fat

add...3tbs of the soy and Worcestershire, and 3 rounded tbs of brown sugar, and vinegar. I don't usually measure this all that closely...just do your thing.  A little more brown sugar and vinegar wouldn't hurt.

Grate in the onion. 

Add condensed beef broth and enough water to cover.

Boil off liquid until most is cooked out.  Keep chopping beef, you want it fine.  Keep stirring so it doesn't burn as the liquid gets low. 

Serve on bun with dill pickle and mustard.

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I'd use panko breadcrumbs.

We often use Italian seasoned bread crumbs or panko it's up to you.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Do you have a recipe for marijuana brownies  that we can eat during the draft? 

To be absolutely honest no we don't.  Never explored that avenue of culinary treats.

I just found out today that I may be getting out of the hospital/rehab FRIDAY APRIL 30, 2021 and I get to try out some recipes and this will be one of them  ITALIAN ANTIPASTO GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH !. This might be a great GAMEDAY or NFL Draft Day sandwich

Think a grilled cheese sandwich is just for the kids? Think again! This Italian-Antipasto Grilled Cheese sandwich has all the tastes of your favorite Italian restaurant-style salad, in a warm, melty sandwich. What gives it the added flavor are some roasted red peppers, and a few slices of salami. It'll take your grilled cheese sandwich from kids-only to 5-star gourmet ready! 

What You'll Need

• 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread
  • 8 slices provolone cheese
  • 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips, drained well
  • 8 slices deli-style Genoa salami
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 cup olive oil

What to Do

1. Place 4 bread slices on work surface. Evenly layer each slice with provolone cheese, red pepper strips, and salami. Sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Place remaining bread on top and brush both sides of sandwiches with olive oil.
  2. In a large skillet or a griddle over medium heat, cook sandwiches in batches until golden on both sides and cheese is melted.

Test Kitchen Tip

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

145x167-Right-Cheese.PNG 

For more cheesy-good recipes, download our free eCookbook! 

The Cheese-Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese

Italian-Antipasto-Grilled-Cheese_Large400_ID-3020322.jpg

• Like 1

If the Italian antipasto grilled cheese sandwich is a bit too spicy for your taste buds you might like the CAPRESE-STYLE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH.  Still quick and easy and  great for any GAMEDAY or NFL Draft Day.

The colorful and fresh ingredients we'd find in an Italian caprese salad are layered and melted together in this novel Caprese-Style Grilled Cheese sandwich that's sure to become a favorite at your house!

What You'll Need

• 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread
  • 4 plum tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
  • 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
  • Salt to taste
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup olive oil

What to Do

1. Place 4 slices bread on work surface. Evenly layer each with tomato and mozzarella slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with basil. Place remaining bread slices on top and brush both sides of sandwiches with olive oil.

2. Cook in batches in a skillet over medium heat, until golden on both sides and the cheese is melted.

Caprese-Style-Grilled-Cheese_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1069777.jpg

Well Friday afternoon, Draft Day 2 I came home from the hospital and wanted one of my favorite hot grilled sandwiches my wife's GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH with American cheese.  Then kick back and watch the Draft and some Tribe.

Together with a dill pickle, green Spanish olives and Lay's original chips.  For dinner it was WEDGEWOOD PIZZA  the house special with mushrooms and extra cheese and an 8" Wedding soup pizza and a salad.

You don't always need a super fancy meal an old favorite can do just fine.

The other two grilled cheese recipes will come soon enough.   Bon appetit !

• Upvote 1