THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Remember (I do) when mom or grandma used to put a steak in a bag and let it keep overnight in the frig ? Well this just might be it a BALSAMIC FLANK STEAK and it helped stretch the food budget -plus- it tasted pretty darn good !  If you haven't had one since mom or grandma made you one here's your chance.  This also might make a GAMEDAY  or anyday dinner.   Plus check out the links below for some other handy tips.

SERVES  6.   CHILL  4  HOURS OR OVERNIGHT. COOK TIME. 8  MINUTES.    https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Balsamic-Flank-Steak

Let's get back to our roots with an old steak favorite! The perfectly flavorful marriage of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard, along with a few fresh herbs and spices, makes lively marinade for our grilling favorite: Flank steak! Our Balsamic Flank Steak is a juicy, flavor-packed steak that will really shake up dinnertime. 

What You'll Need

• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) beef flank steak

What to Do

1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steak; mix well.
  2. Score steak on both sides by making shallow diagonal cuts 1-1/2 inches apart, creating a criss-cross pattern. Place steak in bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
  3. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
  4. Remove steak from marinade and discard excess marinade. Grill steak 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until center is cooked to medium.
  5. Allow steak to rest 5 minutes before slicing on an angle across the grain. Serve and enjoy.

Check This Out!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

6645798.jpg

crap - now I just HAVE to try that steak !

meanwhile, a simple treat for a game - pepperoni rolls.

Take a bag of RHODES DINNER ROLLS. Let them thaw just until you can work with them, and they are still cold and not sticking together.

then flatten them out, add some pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, wrap them back up, and bake at 350 degrees for ? minutes tile the tops turn brownish a bit.

Add in some good root beer, and you're ready to roll for a Browns game.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

crap - now I just HAVE to try that steak !     :lol:

meanwhile, a simple treat for a game - pepperoni rolls.  :D

Take a bag of RHODES DINNER ROLLS. Let them thaw just until you can work with them, and they are still cold and not sticking together.

then flatten them out, add some pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, wrap them back up, and bake at 350 degrees for ? minutes tile the tops turn brownish a bit.

Add in some good root beer, and you're ready to roll for a Browns game.

As a general rule I'm pretty much a steak purist I like my ribeye or porterhouse or whatever with salt and pepper very occasionally take a stick of butter and when done cooking rub it on both sides and let it set a few minutes while the steak is resting......adds some additional flavor.  However this BALSAMIC FLANK STEAK is an exception it is not a super expensive steak to begin with good for a crowd or 8 of us when I was growing up the whole idea is to give it a delicious kick !

It would also make some good steak sandwiches for the gang -or- it would make a really good steak salad hot off the grill if that's your thing.

And pepperoni is always a great GAMEDAY treat.  Would you believe that my wife actually bought 3 frozen 🍕 pizzas from Aldi's the other day and I had a thin crust pepperoni pizza for dinner last night. Now it sure wasn't a Wedgewood 12" pizza for $10-15 but was crisp and done in ~12 minutes.......for $2.25 !   Great for a quick meal when you don't want to fuss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today it's kick back at home and on the grill.  Breakfast was my nourishing yogurt, meal bar, cocoa.  Lunch will be my wife's golden brown toasted cheese sandwich dill 🥒 pickle, olives and chips.

Dinner is a sirloin burger on the grill with a garden ripe tomato 🍅 and whatever fixens.    Yes eating at home has it's perks.       :D

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2020 at 12:38 PM, mjp28 said:

I rarely do a Mr Food recipe but I just saw this one on TV now their  HALFTIME BACON CHEESE DIP. It would fall under the quick and easy no clean up snack.

SERVES  12  COOK    TIME   45 Min

Ready to win big at the game day party? This recipe will always be a big win: our Halftime Bacon Cheese Dip is ooey-gooey, and bacon-studded making it the ultimate football cheese dip.  Everyone on game day will be clamoring for more as these delicious flavors score a taste bud touchdown. 

What You'll Need

• 1 (1-pound) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
  • 3 scallions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons beer
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  •  
  • What to Do
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges. Cut top of the bread and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread loaf in aluminum foil.
  3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center. Serve with cut-up bread pieces.

Serving Suggestion!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

Half-Time-Bacon-Cheese-Dip-_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-3215749.jpg

Well this is from January 2020 here and I do more Mr Food recipes here now.  Why, because they are well tested recipes and pretty good !

With Memorial Day and 🌅 summer on the way this is a great GAMEDAY or get-together dip that I have had good reviews on.......it's delicious !  

Bon appetit !    Dig in.

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Can anyone here recommend a good smoker?  And any good tools for one that are needed?

Nothing too elaborate with regard to the smoker maybe something middle of the road 

Humphrey Bogart. Always the best smoker I can remember.

B is for Bogart | The Fluff Is Raging

On 5/21/2021 at 1:33 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Can anyone here recommend a good smoker?  And any good tools for one that are needed?

Nothing too elaborate with regard to the smoker maybe something middle of the road 

I've read The Manual and their reviews before, good place to start.  A lot depends on your budget.

https://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/best-smoker-grill-combo/

The 9 Best Smoker-Grill Combos to Enhance the Flavor of Your Meats This 2021

Now that you have these smoky options, find your favorite barbecue recipes and head over to our detailed guide that covers everything you need to know about smoking meats. If you need more options, feel free to check out some of the best cheap smoker deals available in the market right now. We’ve also written a guide on where you can buy meat online.

Don’t forget to follow these grilling safety tips once you’ve purchased your smoker-grill combo. Happy smoking!

• Thanks 1

Fancy name, simple dish ....... try it.

A simple yet classic Italian recipe for STEAK PIZZAIOLO good for a GAMEDAY  meal or sandwiches (see Notes below) or anytime you want a quick no-fuss meal.

SERVES 2. COOK TIME. 20 MINUTES        https://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Steak-Pizzaiola-308

When you want to make a good impression, just serve up this simple, yet classic, Italian recipe for Steak Pizzaiola. Steak Pizzaiola is basically just a fancy name for steak simmered with flavorful onions, peppers, tomatoes, and simple seasonings. It's easy to put together and tasty to eat!

What You'll Need

• 2 boneless beef loin strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), 1 inch thick
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
  • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, cut into half-moon slices
  • 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
  • 1 (14-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained

What to Do

1. Season steaks on both sides with onion powder, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. 

2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Brown steaks 2 minutes per side. Remove to a platter.

3. Add onion, green pepper, diced tomatoes, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper to skillet; cook 5 minutes.

4. Return steaks to skillet with vegetables, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes or to desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking. To serve; spoon sauce and vegetables onto a plate and top with sliced steak. 

Notes

For great steak sandwiches, thinly slice the steaks and serve on sandwich rolls with the vegetables and sauce.

Up Next:

Steak-Pizzaiola_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2525202.jpg

Grilling season arrives... FWIW, this is about as high end as you're ever going to see with domestic top prime, it was calling to me- couldn't resist... It was quite yummy....  5 minutes at 620F on my Weber....  

EwwU7z2J58NgX4fFoJ31_ZWvsuC350h7JB_n1ljF8OgI6EgKehuj5nKn-pZY55PCIiCfF1js47vDSvL-kTrVN67YmSZxPCMAQvTUUz-DjCqxHfQ_-IDSfNHPaUtxKXP83arTApygU-RZ6mtzI8tvmh9DBX_biGBli1tr8NsxEDJACbNLxdcuqN11iUUojBPY6s1oTGgBi9MhrsmKkoDv5S8VjGsSRXwcr__QziLFA7bCvXrbdyHOuUfmOrTuiXKulFo1UC7rnWcP32fIxtx2hu_2NIZcVl6PG84IXlpIuBLid3fya60mIu1sYtc1UkqEDmd3jxfObuF2sXvQx4-BkUTv6DtjVRVM508hn3_uoCy_SjXriQr-6H4Iag4hK5m49WyPURobhoijV-LkbZSBJI8EuP5jsfo5PY7D7-YRqWXge9V0ZqkH0xPGdT-jEIyB0et-mk56w8VD1B83s0HVOr7P8xddiQG1Pq7kItLckF0ETbOS4-tDzMR4_xaTTzCULrb1OUSfmxGLt3gKn61P3EP965RnljCUmfE_7hC7-blFQRBpwEHeEuTbx7_MiI0ZxR73Fqt2vH2gYNjZA8r-ZLIr0T1_wQwXCsklxYcgW7PYGBpWyAvyCTHXAuQpj1vf0hK3nEQBSgV75k5f_BWXTBRow71xy_6B_vhfiibswmCXuMOj1xB_EZBCNXStYuHXb4HftNhG7Sa5fQihYXkCDIg=w1023-h767-no?authuser=0

KAPfc2nrutvCjf8jFyeGQdYLrEggEJ7f3NrzO5VlRUpXxP9YdJ88GkM7O4yHt4DiJ9hW8OTbQg6nz0_ejbPjvLkGOUBcvy6MERTBAKtBpHesgKV4tyQcBTJ4fbss8dR2hpiGG-b7ifl6GeW34z-n66Q7SkNL63esl6CFaD7ELlLKdYFcB9fCkolOuBNFoHV1GXx3foxZo_fycdj6vlOXIjo7IhLMgd8AYtjaZW_Iut8VieIoMI2rZ8b6g8UojgTXOA-_MuGp1zMf_KpwBuLFddyuPP38jOm4ISZYT4FPTwf51sedyaqhYa4qLQ1-QjGEUAk16rKbR1Fy7PRrdMXqd1gr1QK9sfesTEMzSLgy6ZTUi1ss-2zM-VyR_9bshk7Rvz3fUNf4C55Dd9W4vRFYQaXohhfQEF2_EW99ITt2ZZfS_qtMR_io4Irh-GfFn9uLhbW4j7mgDKgxD9bXGgcpGUBeJYDfz9qSz4lii7mrqboOdYQJ069tQ70w6O1czJycdn2lFjfuap2Ex-So7t57GIkz3X5JV6gQoQXdCdjxSVZzDEggaL77J2eikSnZD12u8fELrH2An_d1HNO9s4B8Ap7cDCbQff2xuBWfey9QdyBxMH94p4AWunQsilYGb4_ySEk2ofMioKczX-aDoYU9oC1h3XSA4cTpZjuwsO-ANPHoSEefXjqaeSoC_E2BjISZZdHJTR8Lt7-OxLSCNCdzZYk=w1023-h767-no?authuser=0

I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I should add- with much research- I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/  Yeah- silly.  Interesting thing is their wagu cattle ranch is somewhere in the vicinity of Mount Vernon Ohio.  I'll believe their spiel that their cattle are purebred and not crossbred from original Japanese stock-  but I'm not willing to go cheap and say what they're going to ship me is true A5 Japanese Wagu, I detect a difference.  Have to email them and see if driving direct to said ranch could cut out the  heavy shipping charges- they ship on Dry ice = big $$$.   .    

Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. 🤠

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Heh, all you need is a rope and a pickup with a trailer. 🤠

Was TexasAg a cattle rustler in a prior life ?  Doing some old fashioned chuck wagon grillin' way back when.

47 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Was TexasAg a cattle rustler in a prior life ?  Doing some old fashioned chuck wagon grillin' way back when.

Why else would I like to see the Longhorns lose? Grillin', grillin', grillin'....... keep those doggies grillin'!!🤠

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I had the burgers.  Best I've ever had.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm gonna buy a steak or two from https://double8cattle.com/ 

Just now, mjp28 said:

Would you pay ~$100 for an 8 oz W5 steak or ~$116 for an 8 oz filet....... interesting question.

Screenshot_2021-05-25_131953.jpg

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

?

It got flipped on me.  But the message is clear W5 costs money.

....... edit or A5 just to compare numbers.

Edited by mjp28

7 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Burgers weren't that expensive.

Here's an 8 oz. Waygu A5 strip steak for $99.00.  Now the burger meat naturally would probably be less but if it grades out the same not cheap at all.

Now I'd have to see the receipts but I'd guess at least $50 a pound if not more.  Where's hoorta he would have a better handle on this stuff.

Screenshot_2021-05-25_220249.jpg

18 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Somehow this got attributed to me when it was hoorta's statement. I'm the rustler.🤠

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Well at least that is in the somewhat better range especially on sale.  I might check it out.  Four big half pounders for $5+ each definitely GAMEDAY special grillin'  stuff.

Fullblood Wagyu Beef Burger Patties

$21.00 $28.00

- Each package contains 4 Wagyu beef patties
- 8oz patties = 2 LBS per 4 pack
- 6oz patties = 1.5 LBS per 4 pack
- 80/20 lean-to-fat ratio

And if you're into bity burgers.

Screenshot_2021-05-26_104931.jpg

This is pretty much how to cook burgers whether they are Waygu or something from your local grocery store.  Man I could go for really good burger about now !  :P

From the Waygu 🍔 burger information sheet.

Screenshot_2021-05-26_110255.jpg

Cookout anyone ?        Edit add,  I checked this out, from Mineral Ridge Ohio.  Not bad prices.

Screenshot_2021-05-31_122125.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-31_221858.jpg

I came across this article from our local Giant Eagle on how to make a better GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH  something good for GAMEDAY or any time you want a easy and delicious snack.

5 Ways to Take Your Grilled Cheese Sandwich to the Next Level.   

Variations of bread-plus-cheese have been eaten for centuries, but the closest relative to the sandwich we know and love today started gaining popularity in the 1920s when pasteurized cheese was invented as a way to keep cheese from spoiling. With fresh, accessible cheese now available all across the country, people began enjoying open-faced grilled cheese sandwiches, until eventually it became common to add a second slice of bread on top for an easily grabbable, more substantial meal.

Today, the grilled cheese sandwich is enjoyed all over the country, with gourmet variations popping up at even the fanciest of eateries. To get your sandwiches on par with best, here are five ways to up your grilled cheese game.

1. Mayonnaise v. Butter

Some people swear by a good, salted butter to lubricate their sandwich, but if you want a slightly different take, slather a thin layer of mayonnaise on both outside parts of your bread. This will create a crispy crust that is perfect for sealing in all the delicious flavors of your sandwich. If you just can’t quit butter, try a flavored variety like truffle or garlic for a fun and tasty twist.

2. Toast The Inside Parts Of Your Bread

Getting that perfect level of toastiness on the outside of your grilled cheese is key, but you can bring your sandwich to an even higher level of perfection by toasting the sides of your bread where the cheese goes before you put the cheese on. This ensures your sandwich will be crunchy all the way around.

3. Low & Slow

Start cooking your grilled cheese on low to medium heat for a sandwich that is the perfect level of melted crispiness. Cooking your sandwich too hot could result in a crispy outside, but a barely melted center.

4. Experiment With Different Bread/Cheese Options

Everyone loves a classic white bread and American cheese combo, but if you want to play with the big boys of the grilled cheese world, think outside of the bread box. We recommend goat cheese and walnut bread, or fontina on a good hearty multigrain.

5. Add Bacon

There are tons of ingredients you can add into your grilled cheese sandwich to take it up a notch; tomatoes, deli meats, crab, grilled onions, and olives, just to name a few, but our favorite all-time grilled cheese addition has got to be bacon. Add in some crumbles to your cheese as it melts or just stick a thick slice right on top for the ultimate crowd pleaser.

Celebrate Grilled Cheese!

The good news is, it’s incredibly hard to mess up a grilled cheese. No matter how you choose to celebrate grilled cheese, be sure to try one, or more, or all of these tips and tricks for a grilled cheese you and your whole family will love.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Easy.... Watch! 

add Wife Or (mysterious other 🧐) for dinner... Add  the soft tone of background Music..

Thank me later 🤓

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

and as always.......Your Welcome... GIFs Tyler durden Marla singer My god GIF  Sweet Spice Girls! We've made it to page 76 !