THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

In addition to being low in calories and sodium, catfish is packed with protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Catfish is a low calorie, high protein seafood that's a great source of nutrients, including vitamin B12, selenium, and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.

14 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

In addition to being low in calories and sodium, catfish is packed with protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Catfish is a low calorie, high protein seafood that's a great source of nutrients, including vitamin B12, selenium, and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.

So is redfish and flounder without the bad taste.😋😹

The good Seafood talk hooked me in 🤓... Ya really can't go wrong with a good battered Lake Erie Perch.. My go to 2nds are...Flounder or Tilapia  https://diethood.com/garlic-butter-oven-baked-tilapia/ 

here's a fun game-day shift..

32 NFL City's Guide to...  The What's & Where's to Eating  & seeing...

https://www.sbnation.com/2021/9/9/22631126/nfl-city-guides-where-to-eat-visit-and-watch

Does Anybody have any added prefer'd choice's ?     Yummy to good game day foods with game-day dining atmosphere  😋..

We are having grilled Atlantic Salmon today for lunch about $8/lb,  with a side of brown rice, asparagus.  For an appetizer we're having olives, artichokes, desert I don't know yet.

Oh and on Ohio lake fishing or Lake Erie walleye or perch I'm ready to go there anytime !   Bon appetit !

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

All true.

And enjoyed by people all over especially down South which also supports something I've always believed eating is very subjective !  What one person likes another might not like at all.

My wife asked me why I put this up here and sent it to my group email........ you have to try new things occasionally.  

Now moving right along to our next culinary treat right now I don't know what it might be.  Bon appetit !

FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES - slow cooker style.   Good for the next GAMEDAY or get-together, let your slow cooker do the work.  The next time you're having the gang over to watch the game, serve these savory sandwiches. They're he perfect no-fuss solution for feeding a hungry crowd.

https://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/French-Dip-Sandwiches-4314

SERVES  12   COOK TIME  9  HOURS

What You'll Need

• 1 (3-1/2- to 4-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 (1.6-ounce) package garlic herb sauce mix
  • 2 (14-ounce) cans low-sodium beef broth
  • 12 (3.3-ounce) French sandwich rolls, split and toasted

What to Do

1. Cut roast in half; place in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir together soy sauce, sauce mix, and broth in a medium bowl; pour over roast.

2. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 8 hours.

3. Remove beef from slow cooker, reserving broth. Shred beef with 2 forks. Spoon beef evenly over toasted rolls, and serve with reserved broth.

FrenchDipSandwich-OR_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-929993.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well it is BUCKEYES GAMEDAY and we decided that we wanted something different for a change.

Starting with a nice Spring salad and with Briana's buttermilk ranch dressing now one of my favorites.  ✓

And once or twice a year we will get a 10 piece KFC all dark meat extra crispy chicken $10.99, ok.  Well the extra crispy was dry and exploded when you bit it yet still the KFC greasy inside.  We still have that awful after taste.   X.   :(                                  🍿

See you in 2022 KFC....... maybe. 

Now back to some good GAMEDAY MEALS !    Maybe some grilled salmon for the BROWNS GAMEDAY.      Bon appetit.

........ OHIO STATE 41 Tulsa 20 final   in a tough game.

Edited by mjp28

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well it is BUCKEYES GAMEDAY and we decided that we wanted something different for a change.

Starting with a nice Spring salad and with Briana's buttermilk ranch dressing now one of my favorites.  ✓

And once or twice a year we will get a 10 piece KFC all dark meat extra crispy chicken $10.99, ok.  Well the extra crispy was dry and exploded when you bit it yet still the KFC greasy inside.  We still have that awful after taste.   X.   :(                                  🍿

See you in 2022 KFC....... maybe. 

Now back to some good GAMEDAY MEALS !    Maybe some grilled salmon for the BROWNS GAMEDAY.      Bon appetit.

........ OHIO STATE 41 Tulsa 20 final   in a tough game.

sorry about the kfc we do popeyes out here also is churchs still in buisness I loved their fried okra 

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

my neighbor gave us some fresh salmon looking for something different to do with it besides dill 

Oh we use Ina Garten the barefoot contessa' favorite go to salmon marinade I love it !    It's a simple Dijon marinade and reserve some for a topping.

I'll put it up later.

• Like 1

Ina Garten's favorite ASIAN GRILLED SALMON recipe,  it's our absolute favorite too !  GAMEDAY, anyday we're going to have it for lunch today,  mmmm-mmmm.  :D

YIELD 4    ACTIVE TIME 5  TOTAL TIME  34

INGREDIENTS

• 1 side fresh salmon, boned but skin on (about 3 pounds). Can vary quantities for servings.
    • For the marinade:
    • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    • 3 tablespoons good soy sauce
    • 6 tablespoons good olive oil
    • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic

PREPARATION

1. Light charcoal briquettes in a grill and brush the grilling rack with oil to keep the salmon from sticking. While the grill is heating, lay the salmon skin side down on a cutting board and cut it crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle half of the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
    2.  Place the salmon skin side down on the hot grill; discard the marinade the fish was sitting in. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Turn carefully with a wide spatula and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes. The salmon will be slightly raw in the center, but don't worry; it will keep cooking as it sits. 
    3. Transfer the fish to a flat plate, skin side down, and spoon the reserved marinade on top. Allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.

1387475767206.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ina Garten's favorite ASIAN GRILLED SALMON recipe,  it's our absolute favorite too !  GAMEDAY, anyday we're going to have it for lunch today,  mmmm-mmmm.  :D

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

YIELD 4    ACTIVE TIME 5  TOTAL TIME  34

INGREDIENTS

• 1 side fresh salmon, boned but skin on (about 3 pounds)
    • For the marinade:
    • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    • 3 tablespoons good soy sauce
    • 6 tablespoons good olive oil
    • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic

PREPARATION

1. Light charcoal briquettes in a grill and brush the grilling rack with oil to keep the salmon from sticking. While the grill is heating, lay the salmon skin side down on a cutting board and cut it crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle half of the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
    2.  Place the salmon skin side down on the hot grill; discard the marinade the fish was sitting in. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Turn carefully with a wide spatula and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes. The salmon will be slightly raw in the center, but don't worry; it will keep cooking as it sits. 
    3. Transfer the fish to a flat plate, skin side down, and spoon the reserved marinade on top. Allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.

1387475767206.jpeg

we have all the ingredients  but will have to cook inside its a stormy day 

thanks MJP and Go Browns 

• Like 1

• Zombo locked this topic
  • Zombo unlocked this topic
16 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Wasn't me ... but I can open it.

Z

that would be cool I was surprised it was closed,to bad gipper isnt here I would let him know i was headed to bend/sunriver for a week 

GO BROWNS 

BROWNS 28 bears 10  woods finally pulls his head out of his ass and disguises coverages gotta keep em guessing woods

Now here's a good quick and easy and delicious GAMEDAY or any get-together   SLOPPY JOE MEATBALL SANDWICHES !   Plus see all of the handy and delicious links below.

SERVES  4   COOK TIME  15 MINUTES.  https://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Sloppy-Joe-Meatball-Hoagies-5523

If you've been known to get a little messy at the dinner table, then we've got a meal that's just right for you! Try our Sloppy Joe Meatball Sandwiches for a hearty, saucy, and totally delicious way to take a trip down memory lane. Plus, the frozen meatballs are a great shortcut! This way dinner will be fantastic and ready in half the time. 

What You'll Need..... adjust accordingly for your crowd size.

• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 small green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 (24-ounce) can Sloppy Joe sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 pound frozen cocktail-sized cooked meatballs, cut in half
  • 5 hard rolls, split

What to Do

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
  2. Add sauce, brown sugar, and water; mix well. Add meatballs to skillet; cook covered 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
  3. If desired, toast the rolls; spoon on the meatballs and sauce.

Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!

• Just so you know, we've tested this with turkey meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, and even meatballs with sausage mixed in, and all got great reviews.

• No need to mix and form your own meatballs! Look for the cooked and frozen variety in your supermarket. The package usually comes with 30 to 32 meatballs per pound.

• For more meatball recipes, try our Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs, our Meatball Street Tacos, or our Potluck Spaghetti & Meatballs!

Sloppy-Joe-Meatball-Sandwiches_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-3126443.jpg

14 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

https://www.aheadofthyme.com/mediterranean-chicken-patties/

Good one here tonight- healthy too.  Topped with Greek Yogurt and Dill.

That really looks delicious and a quick and easy meal.   We do vary our menu but do like to eat healthy and reduce processed or fast food whenever possible.

It's economical...... and tastes good too !

Party coming up or just want a filling supper try CHILI MAC AND CHEESE even good for a GAMEDAY dish.  An easy meal and let your oven do the work.

SERVES  6.  COOK TIME  40  MINUTES.    https://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Chili-Mac-and-Cheese

Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?

What You'll Need

• 1 pound elbow macaroni
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans chili with beans
  • 1 cup French-fried onions

What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
  3. In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add 2 cups cheese and continue stirring until melted. Remove from heat and stir in macaroni. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
  4. Pour chili evenly over macaroni and cheese, and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle French-fried onions over top.
  5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and golden.

Chili-Mac-and-Cheese_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1830644.jpg

Oh BTW I revised the above recipe that got kind of chopped up in the transfer over here.   ↑↑↑↑

It is quite delicious !

Just ran across this recipe we like Tuscan dishes and might cook it up this weekend, we have everything but the chicken now.

TUSCAN CHICKEN ONE-POT just sounds good and easy clean up for having friends over for a GAMEDAY or a nice family meal. We like Tuscan dishes and are going to have this one soon a great fall/winter recipe.   And see the links below for more meal tips.

SERVES  4   COOK TIME  45. MINUTES  https://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/tuscan-chicken-one-pot

You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!

What You'll Need

• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
  • 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
  • 1 large onion, cut in half then thinly sliced
  • 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • 1 (7.75-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
  • 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems
  • 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream

What to Do

1. In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well.  Dip chicken into flour mixture, coating evenly.
  2. In a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot.  Add chicken and brown on all sides.
  3. Add remaining ingredients to chicken (including the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper), except for the heavy cream; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.  
  4. Remove chicken to a serving bowl. Stir heavy cream into the sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm, but not boiling.  Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.

Test Kitchen Tip

Tuscan-Chicken-One-Pot_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-2744686.jpg

Just ran across this recipe we like Tuscan dishes and might cook it up this weekend, we have everything but the chicken now.

TUSCAN CHICKEN ONE-POT just sounds good and easy clean up for having friends over for a GAMEDAY or a nice family meal. We like Tuscan dishes and are going to have this one soon a great fall/winter recipe.   And see the links below for more meal tips.

SERVES  4   COOK TIME  45. MINUTES

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are having the above ^^^^ recipe today about 5 pm for an early college GAMEDAY supper.  My 🐧 Penguins are on TV at 5 from UNI.

The only substitution we had a big package of chicken 🍗 legs so it's a big bunch of drumsticks for Saturday and Sunday football !

I'll let you know how it comes out later.........

............well it's later,  the only changes from the recipe we used all dark meat legs which I prefer and omitted the optional wine  which could go either way.   It's a simple but satisfying dish good enough for any weekday meal.   Also had some rolls and butter,. wife thinks a side of rice or noodles would be nice,. I agree.   Good not super great recipe.  B.

Well I've been doing this GAMEDAY meals and other tailgating and party get-together foods for over 15 years now along with an email version I send out to to various friends and neighbors.  Last year I kind of included various easy and delicious meals that would be great to have at a family meal which can also go on any party or tailgating table.  And if you want to be included in the email just PM, EM me at mjpx28@yahoo.com or leave your email address here.  

Now on to this week's recipe and  bon appetit !

How about a nice Spinach-Artichoke Manicotti, perfect for a weeknight dinner or entertaining or a delicious GAMEDAY side dish.

Baked pasta doesn't get the attention it deserves, but spinach-artichoke manicotti is here to change that. It has all the components of your favorite dip stuffed inside a cheesy, creamy Alfredo-covered manicotti. It's perfect for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining! 

★ If red sauce is more your thing, then try out our classic Cheese Manicotti! 

YIELDS 6 SERVINGS  PREP TIME:  0 HOURS 10 MINS ...... TOTAL TIME:  1 HOUR 5 MINS

INGREDIENTS

1 (8-oz.) package manicotti
1 (16-oz.) container ricotta
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 c. chopped artichoke hearts
2 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
3 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. milk
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
Juice of ½ a lemon
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook manicotti until al dente, 5 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.

In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, artichoke hearts, and ½ cup mozzarella. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. 

Transfer to a piping bag or large resealable plastic bag and make a cut in the corner of the bag.

In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add flour and whisk until golden and bubbly, 1 minute. Slowly pour in milk and whisk until no lumps remain. Add Parmesan and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and let simmer until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.

Spoon about ¼ cup of sauce on bottom of a 9"-x-13" baking dish. Pipe ricotta filling into manicotti, making sure to fill entire noodle and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce over noodles and top with remaining 1½ cups mozzarella. 

Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melty, 10 minutes. If you'd like the top to be golden, broil on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with parsley to serve.

spinach-artichoke-tomato-sauce-manicotti-spicy.jpg

What sounds better than a bowl of CAFETERIA-STYLE CHILI ?   It's quick and easy and so delicious for a GAMEDAY  tailgating dish or family meal.  And see the notes below for some more chili recipes with ground beef.

SERVES  5    COOK TIME  55  MINUTES.     https://www.mrfood.com/Chili/Cafeteria-Style-Chili

Nothing beats Cafeteria-Style Chili for a warm, comforting meal. Fill your lunch thermos with this easy chili recipe or serve it for a hearty dinner and it'll bowl them over!

What You'll Need

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
  • 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

What to Do

1. In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes.

2. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 50 to 60 minutes, or until chili is thickened, stirring occasionally.

Notes

• If you prefer a spicier chili, feel free to add a little hot pepper sauce or ground red pepper! 
  • We like to serve this chili in bowls topped with all the classic chili fixin's, like shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, and sliced jalapeno peppers.

Cafeteria-Style-Chili_Large400_ID-1236341-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

What sounds better than a bowl of CAFETERIA-STYLE CHILI ?   It's quick and easy and so delicious for a GAMEDAY  tailgating dish or family meal.  And see the notes below for some more chili recipes with ground beef.

SERVES  5    COOK TIME  55  MINUTES.    https://www.mrfood.com/Chili/Cafeteria-Style-Chili

Nothing beats Cafeteria-Style Chili for a warm, comforting meal. Fill your lunch thermos with this easy chili recipe or serve it for a hearty dinner and it'll bowl them over!

What You'll Need

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
  • 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

What to Do

1. In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes.

2. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 50 to 60 minutes, or until chili is thickened, stirring occasionally.

Notes

• If you prefer a spicier chili, feel free to add a little hot pepper sauce or ground red pepper! 
  • We like to serve this chili in bowls topped with all the classic chili fixin's, like shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, and sliced jalapeno peppers.

Cafeteria-Style-Chili_Large400_ID-1236341-1.jpg

I add in Pinto beans instead of kidney.  Chopped garlic and onions, 1/2 tsp of oregano.  1/2 tsg of sugar and salt.  Dash of Cayenne pepper.

15 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I add in Pinto beans instead of kidney.  Chopped garlic and onions, 1/2 tsp of oregano.  1/2 tsg of sugar and salt.  Dash of Cayenne pepper.

That's the great thing about chili there's no right or wrong way to enjoy it,  it's pretty much what you like to do with it.

This cafeteria style is pretty much a basic and very good  chili recipe.