THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey was reportedly GM who wanted "nothing to do" with Rosen

stillmotion

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It is absolutely staggering how many high draft picks resulted in little to no production by the Browns since '99. Brown, Warren, Green, Quinn, Weeden, Richardson, Gilbert, Manziel, Mingo, et al....

you forgot Garrett

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

Don't forget the 'table setter' Couch.

I never thought he'd be an elite QB, but considering he was put into a bad situation (like David Carr with the Texans) we'll never really know what Couch could have been. At the minimum he could have had a much longer career. He produced light years more than the guys I listed though.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Sorry, I don't worry or think about the relative attractiveness of men. Must be a southern thing, like statues for treasonous second-place finishers and deep-frying everything.

God bless ya!

We used to have this quirky guy in SoCal on the board that had really nervous QB criteria.  The funny part of it all was it came true every time.  He used to say if the QB can't get laid - he shouldn't get paid.   Anyway, he specified this to red haired QBs with freckles.  They started giving him panic attacks and put him on prozac to stay. At first, he was only referring to Charlie Frye before he would later umbrella Colt McCoy in there as a Strawberry Blonde with freckles.  Not to be outdone, Brandon Weeden would arrive shortly thereafter to forever solidify his point. 

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Sorry, I don't worry or think about the relative attractiveness of men. Must be a southern thing, like statues for treasonous second-place finishers and deep-frying everything.

Sorry. Did I not just read you make comments about Eli's looks? 

And did you forget to take your social justice meds today? I will report you for calling me gay as an insult.

8 minutes ago, wargograw said:

And did you forget to take your social justice meds today? I will report you for calling me gay as an insult.

Such a bitter, bitter boy when you don't get your way wargo. You've been extra emotional since Sashi was fired.

butthurt.jpg

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Such a bitter, bitter boy when you don't get your way wargo. You've been extra emotional since Sashi was fired.

butthurt.jpg

Anyone notice that no matter what the subject, any thread on this site degenerates into this in a few posts? People will end up at each other’s throats over a discussion about cleats or something. Is it because the suckitude has gone on so long that it’s less painful to attack each other than to talk about football?

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

God bless ya!

We used to have this quirky guy in SoCal on the board that had really nervous QB criteria.  The funny part of it all was it came true every time.  He used to say if the QB can't get laid - he shouldn't get paid.   Anyway, he specified this to red haired QBs with freckles.  They started giving him panic attacks and put him on prozac to stay. At first, he was only referring to Charlie Frye before he would later umbrella Colt McCoy in there as a Strawberry Blonde with freckles.  Not to be outdone, Brandon Weeden would arrive shortly thereafter to forever solidify his point. 

You talkin about St0ckton Sh0rts?

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

You talkin about St0ckton Sh0rts?

HA!  No,  it was just a guy that wanted good looking QBs without red hair and freckles.  He was also a huge USC fan. When he saw Leinart or Barkley in a turtle neck - he had to change his underwear.  The poor guy also thought Brady Quinn was so gorgeous it was "book it" for NFL stardom. It produced a lot of creepy heebee geebees in here as you can imagine. He was the type of guy that wore clogs (like the Pittsburgh Steeler Fags in here) but he had more than 2 brain cells that weren't divorced. 

After he'd collide with Calfox all week on the political board - he'd bring his nervous energy over to the football board only to see Cal heavily endorsing Charlie Frye.  His skin was already crawling but Cal got it walking, sprinting and jumping right off his body.   Some really funny stuff at the time.  Anyway, the poor guy used to think of himself as a QB guru; but the only time he pegged QBs right was if they had red hair and freckles (they'd be train wrecks).

Yep - he thought pretty qb's were going to be stars in the NFL - there wasn't any chance of getting him to be seeing that that was nonsense. He was extremely sassy and arrogant on his qb judging "expertise"

Leinart was one of his superstar college qbs, up there with the greatest in the NFL....and his belligerence about it was legendary style.

and the guy admitted that Brady Quinn was so pretty, he was attracted to him....so he going to be a great pro. And, he was really po'd when anybody would disagree with him. He'd get irate.

yeah. Leinart, In his pro career (drafted round one, pick ten)...Leinart threw for 15 touchdowns. That is while he played for four different teams, over a 6 yr career..and 21 interceptions. The guy smarted off once too often, and Flugels and a few others reminded him of Leinart and Quinn again....and Flugels made him cry, and twisted him into a pretzel with some really funny stuff over it.

14 hours ago, Buck The Frowns said:

Anyone notice that no matter what the subject, any thread on this site degenerates into this in a few posts? People will end up at each other’s throats over a discussion about cleats or something. Is it because the suckitude has gone on so long that it’s less painful to attack each other than to talk about football?

HA!   Sense of humor and ball busting is about all we have left sometimes.  Nothing wrong with a little healthy sparring here and there.

It would definitely be nice if we had some acceptable football to talk about for a refreshing change.  Before we went on our football follies streak of 1-30, our last regime finished 3-18 in their final 21 games. In other words, we're 4-48 in our last 52 games.

WARNING: I have about an acre of coffee bean in me so I may come across like a Ghoolie with a bottle (or however those lyrics go). I REALLY wish all our problems were only Hue or only Sashi or only the next victim at QB. Unfortunately, the 1 guy (Haslam) who keeps hiring all these HC & FO guys our message board members are endlessly debating -  hasn't learned a FREAKIN thing.  And I don't feel like saying FREAKIN if you know what I mean. Who did Dorsey compete with for the job he landed here?  Does anyone really think Dorsey is the reason Alex Smith wanted to play in KC or maybe Andy Reid's success with QBs like McNabb, Vick, Garcia and Foles had more to do with it.  I sincerely hope Dorsey isn't just  another Joe Banner - but this IS the Cleveland Browns under Jimmy Haslam we're talking about. Meanwhile Hue told everyone he really wanted to be a HC; and all we've seen is a guy that only chose to be a disorganized OC.  That's what happens when the guy at the top of our organization doesn't have a FO structure in place.  There's also predictable feuds between GMs and HCs (ie; Farmer vrs Pettine and Sashi vrs Hue).

When your talent pool is 1-15 in 2016 - are we equipped just 1 year later to handle injury volumes that far more talented teams can handle? As soon as we get injuries, we're right back to putting Rent-A-Wrecks back on the field.  If that's not enough, we gotta keep watching Kizer playing Santa Claus to the opponents when any sense of momentum gained from getting to the red zone is lost by a passer's lack of accuracy in more congestion. Even worse, it looks like Hue never practices situational football so he'll just whip out a QB option play and then be the only guy in the stadium wondering why there wasn't proper spacing between his QB and pitch man/RB once the pitch lands behind Crow and the Jets recovered it.  That was 1st and goal from the Jets' 2 yard line in a game we lost by 3 points.

Lucky us!

On 12/27/2017 at 7:34 PM, Clark W Griswold said:

Hmmmm, at the time he said at least” two general managers said they had no interest in Rosen, Dorsey was not a GM.  

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

On 12/29/2017 at 7:59 PM, TopDawg31 said:

So tom Pauline is backtracking saying that he heard it second third hand that Dorsey said stay away from Rosen. 

lol... so he heard it from a second cousin, three times removed?

Never did understand that sh!t...

There is only one QB in this draft worthy of being taken at #1 overall, and we have members endorsing and/or excusing a dubious report that their new, "football-guy" GM for passing on him.

Only in Cleveland...

Or could it be that Dorsey thought we would actually blow getting the first pick and he wants other GM's to stay away so he could get him at like 2,3, or 4? Who was he kidding, we had the first pick locked up after week one with Kizer at the helm.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:02 PM, Dutch Oven said:

butthurt.jpg

The guy complaining on every other thread about how we're not PC enough giving me a butthurt report. Rich.

On 12/31/2017 at 6:32 AM, Flugel said:

HA!  No,  it was just a guy that wanted good looking QBs without red hair and freckles.  He was also a huge USC fan. When he saw Leinart or Barkley in a turtle neck - he had to change his underwear.  The poor guy also thought Brady Quinn was so gorgeous it was "book it" for NFL stardom. It produced a lot of creepy heebee geebees in here as you can imagine. He was the type of guy that wore clogs (like the Pittsburgh Steeler Fags in here) but he had more than 2 brain cells that weren't divorced. 

After he'd collide with Calfox all week on the political board - he'd bring his nervous energy over to the football board only to see Cal heavily endorsing Charlie Frye.  His skin was already crawling but Cal got it walking, sprinting and jumping right off his body.   Some really funny stuff at the time.  Anyway, the poor guy used to think of himself as a QB guru; but the only time he pegged QBs right was if they had red hair and freckles (they'd be train wrecks).

Ahahahaha good times.....

Have you seen the snowflake lately? He is still over at his safe space rewriting history, trying to convince a new group of posters that he is the guy who wanted Tom Brady with our 1st or 2nd, Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, Matt Stafford, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Alex Smith, sCam Newton, Derek Carr and Carson Wentz. The guy really went off the rails big time. His ego has rewritten himself into some effete L.A. based QB superguru. 

first thing good i've heard about dorsey so far. rosen and darnot are garbage just one needs another year to sit in the landfill. safety and rb, first two picks then the future franchise k. Kempt.

https---images.genius.com-bd4f9894f1d0a316d9ab84167e21b514.800x873x1.jpg

^rosen/lynch inbred cycle.

46 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

What's PC? Pretty competent? Petty criminal? Lol

Pasta Crave. 

Archived