THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughts On Today's Parade

BrownsFan4Evr

7 minutes ago, wargograw said:

, ironically enough, it is the passion of the fans that keeps us down because we fire everyone every 2 years in response to their anger. 

So the decision to hire a GM and tell him that he cannot fire a coach that went 1-31 is the FANS FAULT?

Jimmuh is a dope!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, wargograw said:

You are really dense if you think that Jimmy thinks fans “accept” 0-16. 

You idiots act like Jimmy’s just sitting there like “wait, they’re mad we went winless?! Oh ok. We’re gonna start winning now. Where’s my automatic winning button?”

it it doesn’t work like that. The guy’s trying. He doesn’t know what to do. This parade did nothing. And actually, ironically enough, it is the passion of the fans that keeps us down because we fire everyone every 2 years in response to their anger. 

He may not want the headache and eventually sell.  The NFL may not want the bad PR and send in a guy to take over football operations as the NBA did the 76ers.

I saw Ogbah and Fatty Shelton both condemned the fans' protest parade on Twatter....... Wait, so it's OK for the players to protest during the anthem while expecting the fans to understand, and once the fans show their feelings with a protest (of sorts), now suddenly the same dudes say the fans shouldn't protest........ HA!!

Don't like the parade guys?   W I N.

Screw the people that put it on and screw the people that attended. I would bet that most of them aren't even Browns fans  just arseholes . There's not a man on that field that wanted to lose 16 games and probably most of which worked very hard to avoid it and I'm sure they feel bad enough as it is. We cry and bitch that the players don't love Cleveland this is one of the reasons. Why should you want to play hard for a bunch of dirtbags like this? I think it would be funny to find some of the parents of kids that play peewee football that attended this parade and go to one of the games in which their kids lose and berate them on their way out of the stadium.

WSS

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Screw the people that put it on and screw the people that attended. I would bet that most of them aren't even Browns fans  just arseholes . There's not a man on that field that wanted to lose 16 games and probably most of which worked very hard to avoid it and I'm sure they feel bad enough as it is. We cry and bitch that the players don't love Cleveland this is one of the reasons. Why should you want to play hard for a bunch of dirtbags like this? I think it would be funny to find some of the parents of kids that play peewee football that attended this parade and go to one of the games in which their kids lose and berate them on their way out of the stadium.

WSS

I don't think anyone in attendance was there to condemn the players and/or their efforts.  (I would hope)  I think it's mostly to mock the organization...front office...owner...coach.

34 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I saw Ogbah and Fatty Shelton both condemned the fans' protest parade on Twatter....... Wait, so it's OK for the players to protest during the anthem while expecting the fans to understand, and once the fans show their feelings with a protest (of sorts), now suddenly the same dudes say the fans shouldn't protest........ HA!!

Completely agreed. They get paid millions, wear the colors that many people have loved for years and lose every game.

And they don't want any repercusion? They should get back to work and try to turn the situation around rather than complain about people that stands as the a joke for the entire league, because they support a team that can't pull out a f*cking win. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

New height of stupidity... new blot on Cleveland's reputation.

At least the River catching on fire was accidental.

No Tour- 0-16 following 1-15 is a far bigger blot on the city's sports reputation. We're "The Aints", "The (not so) Lovable Losers". "The joke of the NFL"- if you read between the lines of any of the talking heads on national sports channels. The only way the Browns reputation could get any lower would be going 0-16 again next year. The guy who organized the parade is a season ticket holder who hoped it wouldn't happen. As a season ticket holder myself since 1999, I fully support and approve of the parade. I would have marched myself if they didn't want my email address to do so. If some of the players didn't like it- tough $hit. Win a freaking game. The parade is your participation award Ogbah and others in the Twitterverse- that I don't give a rat about. 

PS- I worked at Reilly Chemical in the Flats around the time of the burning  Cuyahoga. That was an event that was bound to happen sooner or later. I believe you worked oil and gas- there was so much potentially inflammable chemicals running into the river- like our creosote oil and naphthalene, add in Republic Steel's stuff- all it took was a spark to set the oil slick off. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

But they guys show up to work and they work "EXTREMELY HARD"... but for whatever reason, "It just ain't happen't yet but it will, trust me on that one, we're going to get this thing turned around, I wouldn't be here if I didn't think that"... Hue, just jump in the lake, please.

Next up- Hue jumps in the Lake brought to you by YouTube. 

As one of the signs said :

"THEY TRIED" 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

This team has gone 0-16 this season, 1-31 in the last two, 4-44 in the last three.

Damn right they should be mocked.

And I saw them on our local news and the NBC Nightly News........oh yes, the BROWNS in the news!

20 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're wrong Hoorta.

I'm entitled to my opinion. :) If you didn't like it, that's OK too. I thought it was a genius idea, and freaking hilarious. 

PS just checked in on cleveland.com, the only thing that would have been more "perfect" is holding the Parade on 1-31.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm entitled to my opinion. :) If you didn't like it, that's OK too. I thought it was a genius idea, and freaking hilarious. 

The thing is that I understand both sides, supporting or against the parade, but only the fans should have a word on that and not people from the organization, including players. 

EDIT: ... Because if they did their job properly we wouldn't be having this conversation by any means.

35 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And I saw them on our local news and the NBC Nightly News........oh yes, the BROWNS in the news!

It's even covered here in SoCal too..... and not in a "look, those hillbillies in Ohio are proud going 0-16" way, but rather in the way the parade was meant to be taken.

Some forum members have repeatedly said that "we fans showing our frustration by not going to the games will not hurt Jimmy a bit, cause he still makes money regardless"..... well, now at least his laughingstock status is being rubbed right in his criminal face in front of the whole country.  

15 minutes ago, D Bone said:

It's even covered here in SoCal too..... and not in a "look, those hillbillies in Ohio are proud going 0-16" way, but rather in the way the parade was meant to be taken.

Some forum members have repeatedly said that "we fans showing our frustration by not going to the games will not hurt Jimmy a bit, cause he still makes money regardless"..... well, now at least his laughingstock status is being rubbed right in his criminal face in front of the whole country.  

I would have loved to have gone, and I would have loved to have made "new" Browns uniforms and wore them to the parade that looked like old-school prison garb. Brown and orange stripes, inspired by our owner.:lol:

A friend of mine and fellow Vet came up with a T-shirt similar to the parade. It had the Vietnam Service Medal colors and read, "Southeast Asian War Games.......Second place". I pretty much grin the same way at the 0-16 parade. Don't like it then be a winner.:D

Anyone calling it a celebration missed the boat.

Chris MacNeil clearly labeled it a protest against Jimmah, and Browns management.

If the players can protest...you bet your azz the fans can too.

If the players wanted to avoid this, all they had to do was win     one     fukkin     game.

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

A friend of mine and fellow Vet came up with a T-shirt similar to the parade. It had the Vietnam Service Medal colors and read, "Southeast Asian War Games.......Second place". I pretty much grin the same way at the 0-16 parade. Don't like it then be a winner.:D

I think that's more f u c k e d up then the parade.  I'm surprised you would even think it's funny.

9 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think that's more f u c k e d up then the parade.  I'm surprised you would even think it's funny.

You had to actually be there to appreciate the humor of it. Humor in every situation was par for the course in dealing with it all. (What are they gonna do? Shave my head? Send me to Vietnam?). That's just the way it was.

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Maybe to you, not to me.  

We all handle things in life in our own way my friend. I don't talk to people about things in Vietnam that were beyond disturbing unless I've known them for a long, long time. I rely on the humorous things that also occurred when questioned about my experiences. That works for me.

5 hours ago, Orion said:

So the decision to hire a GM and tell him that he cannot fire a coach that went 1-31 is the FANS FAULT?

Jimmuh is a dope!

No. The decision to fire everyone every two years is the fans’ fault. 

5 hours ago, BaconHound said:

He may not want the headache and eventually sell.  The NFL may not want the bad PR and send in a guy to take over football operations as the NBA did the 76ers.

The fans won’t be any happier after he sells. 

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

I doubt they’d care whatsoever if fans wanted to stand outside the stadium and actually protest. Do that. Don’t have a parade. So stupid. 

5 hours ago, Orion said:

I don't think anyone in attendance was there to condemn the players and/or their efforts.  (I would hope)  I think it's mostly to mock the organization...front office...owner...coach.

How exactly do you mock the organization but somehow carve out an exception for the players?

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Anyone calling it a celebration missed the boat.

Chris MacNeil clearly labeled it a protest against Jimmah, and Browns management.

If the players can protest...you bet your azz the fans can too.

If the players wanted to avoid this, all they had to do was win     one     fukkin     game.

Protests actually need a thoughtful basis. What’s this collective group of losers’ plan for the organization? They have none. 

11 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I doubt they’d care whatsoever if fans wanted to stand outside the stadium and actually protest. Do that. Don’t have a parade. So stupid.

Simple solution to spare their poor, hurt feelings...... win more than 1 game in two seasons. 

1 minute ago, wargograw said:

Yeah they’re super inclined to work their fingers to the bone for clown fans like that....

and here I thought professionals did their jobs..... guess the Browns don't have professionals, as their 1-31 record would indicate. 

Archived