THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughts On Today's Parade

BrownsFan4Evr

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Great post!

Leads me to a short phrase I use often..."Perception is reality"

Mike

...except I highly, highly doubt this is going to change any FA's minds in regards to coming here. If a FA was opposed to crazy fans doing stupid Sheet that eliminates about 50% of the teams off the top. Players care about $$$ first, and fit a close second.

You know why we don't get FA's? Because the team Shmucking sucks and has for a decade. We're stuck with the Kenny Britt's of the world until that changes, not because some dude dressed up like a T-Rex. Get over yourselves people, it comes off poorly.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Orion said:

That's a riot.  The FANS are scaring away FA's.   Man that's funny stuff.

I suppose it was the FANS that made Kyle Shanahan wash his hands of the Browns organization.......it was the FANS that drove Alex Mack away.  It's the FANS and this parade that have had potential draft picks stating they don't want to come to Cleveland.

You "suppose" wrongly. Shelton DID make a good point. If a FA were to see the fans acting out, hating everything that moves, embarrassing the team if they don't win... that, to me, would be a definate tiebreaker if a highly valued FA had a few other teams really interested to sign him. What little video I saw on the news, there was a toilet, a coffin, hateful signs.... It doesn't relect well on the rest of us who are obviously disappointed, but looking forward to a qb that can lead the offense, db's to fix the pass defense, and wr's who can get open vs any defense they face, in the upcoming draft.

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

You "suppose" wrongly. Shelton DID make a good point. If a FA were to see the fans acting out, hating everything that moves, embarrassing the team if they don't win... that, to me, would be a definate tiebreaker if a highly valued FA had a few other teams really interested to sign him. What little video I saw on the news, there was a toilet, a coffin, hateful signs.... It doesn't relect well on the rest of us who are obviously disappointed, but looking forward to a qb that can lead the offense, db's to fix the pass defense, and wr's who can get open vs any defense they face, in the upcoming draft.

The team embarrasses themselves by not winning.  The coach embarrasses the team by being inept. The players embarrass themselves by not knowing how to make a high school tackle.  By not knowing how to catch a ball. By not knowing how to even look to see where they are lined up instead of being offsides....etc. etc. etc. etc.    The owner embarasses the fan and the team at being so inept at hiring the proper personell.

There IS ONLY ONE aspect of this team that is NOT embarrassing....and that is the fan support that it gets.   That is the only proud thing practically that this team has going for it.  

If these players want to shite on the fans for being passionate about our team....they do not deserve us.  They are what we know them to be:  LOSERS.  And with this they may be worse losers than even we believed.

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The team embarrasses themselves by not winning.  The coach embarrasses the team by being inept. The players embarrass themselves by not knowing how to make a high school tackle.  By not knowing how to catch a ball. By not knowing how to even look to see where they are lined up instead of being offsides....etc. etc. etc. etc.    The owner embarasses the fan and the team at being so inept at hiring the proper personell.

There IS ONLY ONE aspect of this team that is NOT embarrassing....and that is the fan support that it gets.   That is the only proud thing practically that this team has going for it.  

If these players want to shite on the fans for being passionate about our team....they do not deserve us.  They are what we know them to be:  LOSERS.  And with this they may be worse losers than even we believed.

Gipper,

I hope you're kidding...FAN SUPPORT???..cowpoop!!!!!!   Get off your butt, come to a game, look at the empty seats, alleged fans leaving games early, those same fans(?) booing the Browns & probably the same fans who approved of the parade?...SUPPORT????...I DO want to thank you for this highly supportive post I have quoted. Obviously you don't know what support is!

Mike

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No. The team is embarrassing, everything went wrong, etc etcetc. But you fix that for next year, and the rest of us willbe happy, happy, happy. You are cherry picking about some players who just shouldn't be there next year on the starter roster.

That is not the whole team. NO - there are several aspects of this team that we can be proud of. They fought like hell and really showedthey can slam the opposing rb's into the turf. They showed more than once the moxie to shut out an offense for four downs at the goal line.

There is no player giving all fans any crap. Just not appreciating being mocked and ridiculed because SOME fans wanted to make an asinine spectacle of themselves, at the cost of ALL FANS. The rest of the many tens of thousands of us wouldn't have gone to the stupid parade. It did absolutely nothing to say good things about the fans who went there and acted out. They played their hearts out - just don't have the talent, (admitting that some players did stupid stuff and made huge mistakes).... That's all.

They fought like hell, it just wouldn't work out one time. Having a small bunch of fans throw a temper tantrum for the media helps nothing, and adds to the unwarranted jokes about the Browns not winning, with ridicule about fans who can't handle losing with any class or respect for where we are right now.

Furthermore, I didn't see the Browns quit, right up to the last second of the last game. And, that is something serious to build on with a great draft. But the "fans" who were a disgrace to the rest of the REAL fans who will never give up on our Browns and will still hang in there. As absolutely tough as they played all year, a "Few" fans gave them a hearse, coffin and a commode.

Like it was eloquently stated earlier, the so-called intention of this "parade" was bs - because it was not taken as

anything else, and it's the parade goer's fault..

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Gipper,

I hope you're kidding...FAN SUPPORT???..cowpoop!!!!!!   Get off your butt, come to a game, look at the empty seats, alleged fans leaving games early, those same fans(?) booing the Browns & probably the same fans who approved of the parade?...SUPPORT????...I DO want to thank you for this highly supportive post I have quoted. Obviously you don't know what support is!

Mike

I suppose golf claps combined with "It's OK men, you tried your best and will get 'em next time...... as long as you had fun, that's all that matters" chants by real fans will undoubtedly take the team from a 1-31 laughingstock to a winner in no time flat!

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

No. The team is embarrassing, everything went wrong, etc etcetc. But you fix that for next year, and the rest of us willbe happy, happy, happy. You are cherry picking about some players who just shouldn't be there next year on the starter roster.

That is not the whole team. NO - there are several aspects of this team that we can be proud of. They fought like hell and really showedthey can slam the opposing rb's into the turf. They showed more than once the moxie to shut out an offense for four downs at the goal line.

There is no player giving all fans any crap. Just not appreciating being mocked and ridiculed because SOME fans wanted to make an asinine spectacle of themselves, at the cost of ALL FANS. The rest of the many tens of thousands of us wouldn't have gone to the stupid parade. It did absolutely nothing to say good things about the fans who went there and acted out. They played their hearts out - just don't have the talent, (admitting that some players did stupid stuff and made huge mistakes).... That's all.

They fought like hell, it just wouldn't work out one time. Having a small bunch of fans throw a temper tantrum for the media helps nothing, and adds to the unwarranted jokes about the Browns not winning, with ridicule about fans who can't handle losing with any class or respect for where we are right now.

Furthermore, I didn't see the Browns quit, right up to the last second of the last game. And, that is something serious to build on with a great draft. But the "fans" who were a disgrace to the rest of the REAL fans who will never give up on our Browns and will still hang in there. As absolutely tough as they played all year, a "Few" fans gave them a hearse, coffin and a commode.

Like it was eloquently stated earlier, the so-called intention of this "parade" was bs - because it was not taken as

anything else, and it's the parade goer's fault..

As one sign said Cal THEY TRIED

If you want to take it as mockery- be my guest. The Browns are a national joke if you haven't noticed, getting regularly mocked on ESPN  and pregame broadcasts. So it's OK for the talking heads to mock the Browns ineptitude, and the Fans can't have a little humor over the same? 

Lighten up Cal. No one is blaming the players for lack of effort- I suppose Shelton's pride is all hurtsie because the team wasn't good enough (or well coached enough) to win ONE STINKING GAME ALL YEAR. 

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If you want to take it as mockery- be my guest. The Browns are a national joke if you haven't noticed, getting regularly mocked on ESPN  and pregame broadcasts. So it's OK for the talking heads to mock the Browns ineptitude, and the Fans can't have a little humor over the same? 

Lighten up Cal. No one is blaming the players for lack of effort- I suppose Shelton's pride is all hurtsie because the team wasn't good enough (or well coached enough) to win ONE STINKING GAME ALL YEAR. 

If the players were truthful they would not blame the fans for reacting this way, nor would they blame themselves for zero victories. But they would be entirely accurate if they put the blame on the entire coaching staff which failed them miserably starting with the guy with no clock management or red zone play calling skills and ending with the guy who keeps getting the red flag toss screwed up. Who the hell is spotting up there anyway?

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If the players were truthful they would not blame the fans for reacting this way, nor would they blame themselves for ro victories. But they would be entirely accurate if they put the blame on the entire coaching staff which failed them miserably starting with the guy with no clock management or red zone play calling skills and ending with the guy who keeps getting the red flag toss screwed up. Who the hell is spotting up there anyway?

Still can't believe Sushi was fired before Baby Huey.

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Still can't believe Sushi was fired before Baby Huey.

It was because Huey convinced Jimmy he only needed McCarron to be a great HC and Sushi screwed up the deal. Jimmy is a gullible idiot.

3 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Sorry, didn't read whole thread, but did anyone mention where one can now watch the parade?

It's on youtube, one video is 40 Mins long. Once again if they don't want a parade win a goddamn game simple as that. No one to blame but themselves, they should be ashamed. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

right. "lighten up" means "don't disagree with me, or I'll get the redass"

Of course the media jokes about the Browns dismal season. But pretty much everybody respects Browns fans for hanging in there,

and supporting their team regardless. It isn't like they lost 45-0 half the season. Now, of course, the frustration of some emotional knee jerk angry "fans" went and made the fans more a joke that the no win season did. I figure it's you folks who support that "parade of fools" nonsense that are all "hurtsie" It just didn't represent the entire Browns fanbase well at all. commode? coffin? Just poor taste, that's all, and it didn't come across as respectable.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If the players were truthful they would not blame the fans for reacting this way, nor would they blame themselves for zero victories. But they would be entirely accurate if they put the blame on the entire coaching staff which failed them miserably starting with the guy with no clock management or red zone play calling skills and ending with the guy who keeps getting the red flag toss screwed up. Who the hell is spotting up there anyway?

bs.

Sharon Broussard, chief editorial writer, cleveland.com:

If the Browns can't get on the map for winning, why should they go down in history as a team with a losers' parade?  This is beyond humiliating -- and let's not repeat this embarrassment next year should the Browns come up winless in 2018.

Ted Diadiun, editorial board member:

I think this is a pathetic and disgusting grab for publicity by someone who can't find any other way to get people to pay attention to him. It will do nothing but offer up a chance for any news broadcast in the country to take easy, mindless shots at ridiculing our city, and I've got nothing but contempt for the organizers and anyone who shows up for this foolishness.  

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

If a FA were to see the fans acting out,

You've got to be kidding me.  

Do you realize that you're talking about BROWNS FANS?

What's the only team that picked up and moved and were not allowed to take the team name, colors and tradition?  And why?

answer:  The Browns.  Because of the fans.

The LAST thing a FA would be worried about in coming to Cleveland would be the fans.

Can you picture a player in ANY big sport saying, "Oh, I won't go to THAT team because the fans might not like me."   My goodness....

2 hours ago, Orion said:

You've got to be kidding me.  

Do you realize that you're talking about BROWNS FANS?

What's the only team that picked up and moved and were not allowed to take the team name, colors and tradition?  And why?

answer:  The Browns.  Because of the fans.

The LAST thing a FA would be worried about in coming to Cleveland would be the fans.

Can you picture a player in ANY big sport saying, "Oh, I won't go to THAT team because the fans might not like me."   My goodness....

Welcome to Cal's Choir Boyz only roster post-season.happens every year.  parade this... to cal's greatest hits

I came prepared..were off to a good start this season :)

hey, that isn't me, I can carry a tune, but that is way, way too high. That's more hoorta girly voice.

The insect motiff looks weird. Bugs me......:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Do your future wife a favor. Don't propose until you've changed significantly. Try to explain this conversation to the women in your Sunday school class and listen to the reactions. Then maybe you will get my point.

If I had the kind of relationship with someone where I could actually explain everything through and through, I'd be happy to. Have you ever read a Martin Luther book? Guy would wipe his bottom with his opponent's writings and mail it to them. But yeah using a completely made up hypothetical situation about a woman and child that don't even exist, THAT'S worth coming out about. You've gotta be kidding me. This is by far the most vile, vulgar site I've ever been on, and I don't see you rebuking anyone else. And I don't participate in any of them. You seem to have a real obsession with Trump. You Pro-Choice too? Where's your outrage about that? That's real. Mine is MADE UP. Read it again and try to process.

Nevertheless, still waiting for anyone to actually refute the point. Do a softer version of the analogy if you want. If the absurdity of Dutch's point is revealed, which it was, then the analogy has served its purpose. 

It's like my kid losing his Pee-Wee championship and he's in tears and me making fun of him instead of consoling him. Or an employee who just lost a $1M deal. A teacher with a student who failed a test. It could be anything. Better? Now can we actually discuss the merits? I'm sure you guys won't, because Dutch's point was indefensible, but I'll wait.

9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Beat me to it by a minute D Bone, I'll delete my post. Saw a reference to it on Red Zone.. :)   

Respectable? 0-16 isn't respectable either, it's a black eye on the organization that will take years to live down. If you thought it was a bad idea Cal, why weren't you down there protesting the protesters? Personally I don't give a rat what Fans-  that didn't like it thought about the parade. 

Aw, they don't give out participation awards to guys making millions a year. Now they need a hug because they played hard? If us fans are too rough on you, go play for another team when you hit free agency. I haven't forgotten we threw snowballs during a game at Santa Claus one year. 

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

It's like my kid losing his Pee-Wee championship and he's in tears and me making fun of him instead of consoling him.

Now is this your real kid or the hypothetical kid you made up that got miscarried?

Hopefully the Hamilton Tiger-cats or whoever Johnny Manziel signed with fansite isn't as vile and disgusting as this one is. I doubt any CFL fans would compare a 0-18 Toronto Argonauts season to something like a miscarriage.

And I'll eagerly await another one of your pathetic attempts to dig yourself out of the hole you dug for yourself, since it's obvious that I live rent-free in your head. Or you can take the hint from all the people who have ripped you on this thread and others and walk away. I'm guessing your ego won't allow you to do that.

For me the bottom line is this:

You can apply this to most of the guys on the team, the team I grew up rooting for and still do. When Corey Coleman drop that pass I bet he felt horrible and probably feel horrible for a long time after that game. I personally wanted to hug the guy. He didn't drop the pass because he's a bad guy, he screwed up. He made a mistake. Different players made a lot of mistakes this season.

There are people whose first reaction is to laugh in the man's face and flip him the bird.

Luckily I would imagine that's only a very small percentage of the fans. At least that would be my hope.

Don't act like a bunch of shjt eating Steeler fans.

WSS

34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now is this your real kid or the hypothetical kid you made up that got miscarried?

Hopefully the Hamilton Tiger-cats or whoever Johnny Manziel signed with fansite isn't as vile and disgusting as this one is. I doubt any CFL fans would compare a 0-18 Toronto Argonauts season to something like a miscarriage.

And I'll eagerly await another one of your pathetic attempts to dig yourself out of the hole you dug for yourself, since it's obvious that I live rent-free in your head. Or you can take the hint from all the people who have ripped you on this thread and others and walk away. I'm guessing your ego won't allow you to do that.

I'm sorry your terrible argument's been exposed and now you have to resort to lame insults, man. Maybe next time your original position will be stronger. Any time you want to actually defend it, I'll be waiting.

11 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I'm sorry your terrible argument's been exposed and now you have to resort to lame insults, man. Maybe next time your original position will be stronger. Any time you want to actually defend it, I'll be waiting.

Dude, you made a terrible analogy about an awful life event, shut the Shmuck up you piece of crap.

Defend yourself first for being an awful person. You've frankly become the worst poster on the board the past two months. 

7 hours ago, wargograw said:

If I had the kind of relationship with someone where I could actually explain everything through and through, I'd be happy to. Have you ever read a Martin Luther book? Guy would wipe his bottom with his opponent's writings and mail it to them. But yeah using a completely made up hypothetical situation about a woman and child that don't even exist, THAT'S worth coming out about. You've gotta be kidding me. This is by far the most vile, vulgar site I've ever been on, and I don't see you rebuking anyone else. And I don't participate in any of them. You seem to have a real obsession with Trump. You Pro-Choice too? Where's your outrage about that? That's real. Mine is MADE UP. Read it again and try to process.

Nevertheless, still waiting for anyone to actually refute the point. Do a softer version of the analogy if you want. If the absurdity of Dutch's point is revealed, which it was, then the analogy has served its purpose. 

It's like my kid losing his Pee-Wee championship and he's in tears and me making fun of him instead of consoling him. Or an employee who just lost a $1M deal. A teacher with a student who failed a test. It could be anything. Better? Now can we actually discuss the merits? I'm sure you guys won't, because Dutch's point was indefensible, but I'll wait.

You made it up passing it off as truth. You have obviously never known any parents who have lost a child in this manner or you would never have used it as the basis for your argument in the first place. That is and remains my point.

15 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Gipper,

Mike

Yea, sure.   The Browns had more people at a game than the Ravens did....and they were playing for a playoff spot.   Clearly you forgot to put your entire post in pink.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

His analogy technically rings very true - it's just that it also carries with it emotional hurt impact from some who have actually known it happening first hand. But you are, again, stirring up a cowpie, and demanding an apology for how much the cowpie stinks. Let it go.

Someone who isn't married, etc etc, can be forgiven for using an analogy like that, and not understanding the emotional impact of it for a lot of folks.

29 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yea, sure.   The Browns had more people at a game than the Ravens did....and they were playing for a playoff spot.   Clearly you forgot to put your entire post in pink.

and yet, if the ratbirds had a winless season, I wonder if some misguided, whiny redass "fans" would have had a parade....

Archived