THE BROWNS BOARD

Updating the Depth Chart

Zombo

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

He came back because he has to make child support bills.

I'll take that as a motivating factor...

I think Robinson and Harrison make the roster

#Browns T Greg Robinson was a late signing this offseason but has stood out in camp. Through two preseason games, Robinson has the team’s best blocking grades (pass and run) and given up just one hurry in 33 pass-blocking snaps.

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

#Browns T Greg Robinson was a late signing this offseason but has stood out in camp. Through two preseason games, Robinson has the team’s best blocking grades (pass and run) and given up just one hurry in 33 pass-blocking snaps.

He gets to practice against Garrett, so he should be getting better every day. Apparently so.

2 hours ago, darren15 said:

I think Robinson is the #1 backup at Tackle, I think Drango is the number one backup on the inside.

How Many OL we keeping, 8? That leaves Shon Coleman, Desmond Harrison and the back up center Austin Reiter to fill one spot, maybe two.

I think Coleman and Reiter get cut, Harrsion is not a guaranteed a spot either, and they peruse the waiver wire for potential.

Zombo

9 hours ago, Orion said:

Any chance Devalve gets left behind for Cajuste?

Am surprised Devalve has not been buried on a injury list or PUP list at least..Haley has designed a bunch of plays protecting both tackles. Sometimes even sending one,while holding the other to block. FB Vitale has been out a lot too.I'd like to see what TE Cajesus could do with the 1's..Cut down will be so squeaky tight, I think Devalve or Cajuice faith depends on if we keep 7 or 8 OLmen? Or a FB? IMO..Durango is in, or upgraded by a add.D.Harrison should Clear to PS, and needs the seasoning reps.The choice of keeping 4 TE's maybe what they decide at FB and if they keep both S.Coleman and G.Robinson? Reiter should be out, if they see Corbett as a fit at Center? All OL keepers could & should be able to play G.. 

18 hours ago, Orion said:

Any chance Devalve gets left behind for Cajuste?

That is going to be a very difficult decision for the Browns, and an intriguing story line. 

DeValve was drafted out of Princeton and has played in the NFL the past 2 years and has amassed 43 catches for 522 yards and 3 TDs.  He has been hurt this offseason which is definitely not helping.

Cajuste was not drafted out of Stanford and has not even taken a snap in the NFL.

They are both 25.  Cajuste looks like a viable ST player, and based on what I see on Hard Knocks he seems like a 100% effort guy.  Same can be said for DeValve, but I'm not sure he has the same pedigree (Princeton coaching vs. Stanford... that's an easy one).

Both are eligible for the PS so you might be able to keep both around but I think, because of HK exposure, Cajuste would draw more interest and you may lose him to another team's active roster.

Or you just keep 4 TEs... certainly another possibility.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

hey may keep Juste around on the PS,

But as new23 said,  our guys are seen on Hard Knocks.  I doubt we can 'sneak' anyone onto the practice squad.  He'd be the perfect candidate...but it depends how much more he flashes in the last two games.

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Devalve is not eligible for the practice squad.

If he gets healthy he'll keep his job, but they may keep Juste around on the PS, probably a reasonable chance.

Z

I thought they tweaked the ps rules to where you can have a few players on it with more than a couple years experience.

19 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I thought they tweaked the ps rules to where you can have a few players on it with more than a couple years experience.

4 players can now go PS if they only have 2 accrued seasons..6 active game checks equals 1 accrued season..Dayes could go PS..Devalve don't think so

1 hour ago, Orion said:

But as new23 said,  our guys are seen on Hard Knocks.  I doubt we can 'sneak' anyone onto the practice squad.  He'd be the perfect candidate...but it depends how much more he flashes in the last two games.

He's a great story, but he's no secret weapon. If we can't put him on our practice squad because someone added him to their 53 I'd actually be happy for him.

Z

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

4 players can now go PS if they only have 2 accrued seasons..6 active game checks equals 1 accrued season..

I didnt know that, but Devalve will be on an NFL roster if he's healthy.

Z

17 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I didnt know that, but Devalve will be on an NFL roster if he's healthy.

Z

Devalve on his last year of a rookie deal,no better place than Cleveland..All the AFCN will be allowed 11 on PS due to S T.Sankoh as our international roster gift🤔..The 4 vets on PS rule started same time in 2017..I forgot myself, till I ask Tony Grossi on a tweet about Dayes

On 8/23/2018 at 6:52 PM, Zombo said:

He's a great story, but he's no secret weapon. If we can't put him on our practice squad because someone added him to their 53 I'd actually be happy for him.

Z

His blocking might keep him from unseating anyone.

On 8/6/2018 at 6:15 PM, thenew23 said:

That defense looks deep. The 2nd squad is pretty solid.

This has just gotten crazy tough..can't say they all have not had a chance to make this squad.. https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/8/24/17779394/browns-defensive-snap-counts-stats-and-ppf-notes-preseason-week-3 (that's a nice stat line G.Williams put on paper) but am growing on a injury concern that Denzel Ward can't play in this league under 190lbs?(big bucks fan too) EJ Gaines is another nagging injury concern. Am getting more of a kick out of watching J.McKinnon than I am Carrie right now..It's going to be a tough numbers game deciding on FB?/to # of TE's kept & how many stay on a rebuilt OL? Reiter may even take a spot just to backup Center cause we really have no other guard depth but Durango & I'd hate to slide Corbett anytime soon to center? preseason game 4 has some jobs still on the line & cuts can begin ****** Edit--Tour2ma, do you see any chance Robinson playing G? I don't..S.Coleman i believe has or has it in him to do it? your thoughts?, do we keep Reiter as a safety valve behind Tretter? moving 2 on a OL would always suck imo.. 

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Edit--Tour2ma, do you see any chance Robinson playing G? I don't..S.Coleman i believe has or has it in him to do it? your thoughts?, do we keep Reiter as a safety valve behind Tretter? moving 2 on a OL would always suck imo.. 

I've been in Shon's corner all along. No idea what his issue has been.

On Robinson at OG... depends how big an issue "recognition" is for him. Is he Cam the 2nd? Dunno yet...

I don't see an alternative to Reiter unless Fabs steps it up. If he does not and Corbett ends up sliding to Center then who replaces him at LG?

Bottom line: I'm not sure who our 6th best OL is.

55 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I've been in Shon's corner all along. No idea what his issue has been.

I admit, I was somewhat surprised how in Shon's camp you were.

I worried about his ability at LT when he was so "eh" at RT last season. 

1) DeValve IS PS eligible... only 2 years under his belt

2) Reiter is the backup C. I'm 90% sure he'll be on the roster. Drango seems like the backup G and has great versatility. . I think the only battle left is for backup T - which is a good one

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I admit, I was somewhat surprised how in Shon's camp you were.

I worried about his ability at LT when he was so "eh" at RT last season. 

It was his college tape at LT... it was really good.

29 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It was his college tape at LT... it was really good.

It was...I even mocked Shon to us in our draft..but so did Greg Robinson at Auburn..What's up with Gus Malzahn offense that's fooling the NFL? and me too..only consistent that i see at Auburn is their RB's vision is better than their OL? both failing in pass pro i don't get  .. (edit--gums cuts to 53 are updated on pg.5..still under construction)

Tape can't reveal heart, desire or love for the game..... and at the most elite level, it's what separates all of them.  

11 hours ago, thenew23 said:

1) DeValve IS PS eligible... only 2 years under his belt

2) Reiter is the backup C. I'm 90% sure he'll be on the roster. Drango seems like the backup G and has great versatility. . I think the only battle left is for backup T - which is a good one

Again, DeValve may be ps eligible ... but he ain't making it there. He's on our roster if healthy. He's on someone else's roster if we cut him.

I think Robinson is the leader at backup swing tackle.

Drango is the top interior backup right now ... but feeling like they aren't feeling him and they'll be scouring the waiver wire for inside help.

Zombo

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Tape can't reveal heart, desire or love for the game..... and at the most elite level, it's what separates all of them.  

You are correct D Bone!  It separates the doe's from the bucks and the do's from the don'ts. Always has -always will.  I've seen Cajuste throw more blocks playing through a shoulder injury than I've seen out of DeValve the entire time he's been here.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

It was...I even mocked Shon to us in our draft..but so did Greg Robinson at Auburn..What's up with Gus Malzahn offense that's fooling the NFL? and me too..only consistent that i see at Auburn is their RB's vision is better than their OL? both failing in pass pro i don't get  .. (edit--gums cuts to 53 are updated on pg.5..still under construction)

Don't feel bad Gumbs.  Auburn fooling the NFL/us on offense goes all the way back to OG Ed King in 1991. He was the 29th pick overall for Bill Belichick, which was the 2nd round at the time.

In 1989, we drafted Lawyer Tillman at #31 overall in round 2.  He was only able to start 10 games in 3 years for us.  That was just a lot of bad luck with injuries that kept us from the Bernie to the Attorney connection.

Archived