THE BROWNS BOARD

All Saquon, all the Time...

hoorta

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I know.  That's because he's no different from the other troll that pollutes this board.  They're both just blowhards who get off on the attention.

And its fun to throw their trollery back in their face.

Ghoolie is guaranteeing the Browns will draft Lamar Jackson. There's a $1000 bet on the table from me on that. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I know.  That's because he's no different from the other troll that pollutes this board.  They're both just blowhards who get off on the attention.

Nah... Po is a true believer and that's a  big difference.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So you'll gladly take my bet regarding Barkley for $100?

Or would you like to up the bet?

Bet? I like to occasionally bet, can I get in on this easy money contest? ;) 

Any limits?

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Any time someone posts about how the Browns should do something because tons of Browns fans want them to do something, I think about how many Browns fans jumped up and down in complete euphoric pandemonium when Roger Goodell announced: "With the 22nd overall pick, the Cleveland Browns select Johnny Manziel, QB from Texas A&M". 

Exactly, there's a Browns Facebook page I joined about a month ago, and I'm appalled at the general lack of intelligence over there. Bunch of guys think there's no QB worthy of being taken  in the top 5, so draft Chubb and Barkley instead. They didn't get the memo Jeremiah has Darnold rated higher than Carson Wentz. 

At least I wasn't one of the yippee, it's Johnny crowd. BTW, I screamed a string of profanities at the TV when Jim Brown announced Kizer. 

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Yeah baby! Just got it confirmed- Barkley #1 overall!! First time in 20 years.... Don't ask me for my source, but I'm pretty confident in this revelation!!! 

WOOHOO!!! This is going to be epic, legendary... are you ready for the resurrection of the Cleveland Browns?>)

Taylor - Barkley - Njoku - Gordon - Landry 

Time to burn! 

Was it the Homeless Guy? Cool your jets Po- the Browns draft board won't take it's final shape for at least another 10 days when they've done all the private interviews, workouts and hashed it over for a couple days of brainstorming. Who said so? Dorsey himself- and that was a very public comment. Whoever told you that was blowing smoke up your azz. 

Great breakdown here- 

The above video covers a wide range of points. Such as 3 down back, athleticism, Barkley's arsenal, ball security, one on one matchups, the ability to help the QB determine whether he's facing man or zone coverage really easily. Just take a few minutes and get a better idea of what you're getting with Saquon. 

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

oh goody...more videos. 

Are you afraid you'll learn something? ;) 

Here is the Penny video breakdown for comparison. Love Penny and I'm supporting taking Penny with that last second rounder if he's still available. That would set up our running back position for the next 10 years. 

Give this one a view, it's pretty good. Has interviews with Barkley's high school coach, his college coach and his college positional coach. 

The broadcasters say that Barkley would be DYNAMITE in the Browns Offense with Haley as OC and the weapons on the perimeter. 

57 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Here is the Penny video breakdown for comparison. Love Penny and I'm supporting taking Penny with that last second rounder if he's still available. That would set up our running back position for the next 10 years. 

You're starting to say things that don't make sense again Po. You have said Barkley would set the Browns up for next 5 years, now with Penny it's 10? It doesn't work like that. You don't add the 2 careers together

2 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

You're starting to say things that don't make sense again Po. You have said Barkley would set the Browns up for next 5 years, now with Penny it's 10? It doesn't work like that. You don't add the 2 careers together

Taking Barkley in the first round gives us 5 years- 4 years with a team option 5th year. That will put us just after the 2022 NFL season. Saquon will then be 26 years old. If he is everything that everyone thinks he can be, myself included- I could easily seen us resigning him to another 5 year contract. 

Getting Penny would just help to disperse some of the mileage that runningbacks can endure. Late in games, resting for the playoffs, getting a breather or a blow here or there. Plus, you would have two really solid guys to return Kicks and Punts... well, 3 really- Peppers, Penny and Barkley. 

Imagine formation sets where you have Peppers joining these guys or whatever Haley can come up with. 

I'm just saying that Penny would help to lessen the load on Barkley... not saying that he'd need it, but it would help for Barkley to have a loooong and healthy career for the Browns. 

... It would take away some of his carries and hurt his totals a little, especially late in games if put him on ice for the next week- once the other team is demoralized and the Browns have pulled away, running the ball is going to become much easier for a guy like Saquon to really rack up the yardage. And, I'm sure I'll hear about how Penny is tearing up the stat column... but we'll all know why. ;) 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

We already know everything we need to know about Saquon, and have for at least a month to make an intelligent decision. Adding more videos is for your entertainment- no one else's. I'm not wasting my time anymore watching them over a player it's at best 50\50 we're going to draft.

Just the mere fact you can dredge up more stuff in addition to gee- I don't know-  the 100 or so videos You've already posted proves the hype over this guy is out of control. SERIOUSLY- YOU THINK POSTING MORE VIDEOS IS GOING TO CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND AT THIS POINT? I SAID IT BEFORE ONCE ALREADY- YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So many, many videos...

Personally I'll wait for Saquon Live! on Sunday Ticket...

I got the Barkley Network special, was $499.99 for only $199.99 for a limited time only, good until December 31, 2018 only.

Can't wait to figure out how to open it. :blink:

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Adding more videos is for your entertainment- no one else's. I'm not wasting my time anymore watching them over a player it's at best 50\50 we're going to draft.

SERIOUSLY- YOU THINK POSTING MORE VIDEOS IS GOING TO CHANGE ANYONE'S MIND AT THIS POINT? I SAID IT BEFORE ONCE ALREADY- YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

Barkley combined 60 something pages later gumby has not opened a single video. Did I win something? Barkley will be forced into playing the role of Terrance West. Than north,than east, than of course backwards heading South. but not here.. Watch as Elway throws Barkley behind a turdable O-line at pick #5.. 

11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Sure....we'll go with that as the answer.  Not that everyone is tired of your act and your homo-erotic, downright creepy stalking fascination of a player that we likely won't draft.

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I got the Barkley Network special, was $499.99 for only $199.99 for a limited time only, good until December 31, 2018 only.

Can't wait to figure out how to open it. :blink:

You didn't realize this is The Barkley Network preview Channel? Coming in August and September complete game tape, interviews, and commentary of every time Saquon touches the ball !!! I can't wait, what about you?

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You didn't realize this is The Barkley Network preview Channel? Coming in August and September complete game tape, interviews, and commentary of every time Saquon touches the ball !!! I can't wait, what about you?

Followed by the Barkley Bust channel in late Dec.:P

Just heard a REALLY interesting stat. % of carries 4+ yards, 47%, worst over top 10 back this year, and worst of any back drafted in 1st round. But, I know he is a home run hitter, so % of carries 10+ yards would show how dominant Barkley is, 14.3%, good for LAST in both.

Hmm, but those highlight vids show a different story. It's almost like a highlight video only shows good things, where total numbers show everything. But that certainly couldn't be the case

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Just heard a REALLY interesting stat. % of carries 4+ yards, 47%, worst over top 10 back this year, and worst of any back drafted in 1st round. But, I know he is a home run hitter, so % of carries 10+ yards would show how dominant Barkley is, 14.3%, good for LAST in both.

Hmm, but those highlight vids show a different story. It's almost like a highlight video only shows good things, where total numbers show everything. But that certainly couldn't be the case

Where did you hear this stat. I am completely against drafting Barkley so i really want to find out the source of this so I can tell my buddies.

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Some people just won't listen to the disturbing fact- you can't get a clear picture of a prospect just by looking at highlight videos without looking at the lowlight videos. Like the Josh Allen pumpers wowed by his 50 yard on the run ropes- without seeing the times his 20  yard outs from a clean pocket are 10' over his receiver's heads.  :)   

But gee, his Barkley\Allen's surrounding talent was inferior. Not buying it. 

34 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Some people just won't listen to the disturbing fact- you can't get a clear picture of a prospect just by looking at highlight videos without looking at the lowlight videos. Like the Josh Allen pumpers wowed by his 50 yard on the run ropes- without seeing the times his 20  yard outs from a clean pocket are 10' over his receiver's heads.  :)   

But gee, his Barkley\Allen's surrounding talent was inferior. Not buying it. 

It's like the NFL draft analysts have lost their mind this draft. 

How does the supposed #1 RB rank 28th in rushing yards and the rumored #1 QB pick rank 82nd in passing yards? Think of how ridiculous this sounds. These are the alleged favorites for #1 and #4? 

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

It's like the NFL draft analysts have lost their mind this draft. 

How does the supposed #1 RB rank 28th in rushing yards and the rumored #1 QB pick rank 82nd in passing yards? Think of how ridiculous this sounds. These are the alleged favorites for #1 and #4? 

I don't know what stats you guys are going to try and base your opinion on but it really doesn't matter. Watch the film. Not highlight videos- Game tape. Full games. Then come back and give your opinion. If you are just looking at stats you don't have a full understanding in order to form a proper opinion. 

Barkley may have ranked 28th in rushing yards, maybe- I don't know. But then what about his receptions as well, does that not factor in by your account? Barkley is the BEST ALL AROUND running back to come out of the draft in the last 20 years. 

You can't just look at what he did in college, look at what he is capable of doing and what he will be in the NFL. The scheme that Penn State ran was a big part of the reason his numbers look the way they do. If Barkley switched places with Chubb, Sony Michel, Penny or whatever other RB you want to trot out there- Barkley would have destroyed whatever number they put up. 

Saquon was met in the backfield on over 40% of his carries, it's amazing the guy was able to get positive yardage at all.

So, if you don't want to watch the tape, can't wrap your head around the different type of scheme/playbook/offense he was used in, admit that the lack of quality on the Penn State Offensive Line(are there any OL from Penn State projected to go in the first/second/third rounds?) was paramount in his negative plays, won't accept that a running back that doubles as a WR has extra value and merit in it's own right- you'll simply never understand until whatever "talking head" that you worship decides to give you your opinion. 

Cysko, you get the award for dumbest answer!!! Congrats... why would you want the Browns #1 selection to bust? Are you not a Browns fan? 

Cysko, you get the award for dumbest answer!!! Congrats... why would you want the Browns #1 selection to bust? Are you not a Browns fan? 

The Browns are going to take Barkley #1 overall?

I got $100 that says they don't... 

I don't know what stats you guys are going to try and base your opinion on but it really doesn't matter. Watch the film. Not highlight videos- Game tape. Full games. Then come back and give your opinion. If you are just looking at stats you don't have a full understanding in order to form a proper opinion. 

Barkley may have ranked 28th in rushing yards, maybe- I don't know. But then what about his receptions as well, does that not factor in by your account? Barkley is the BEST ALL AROUND running back to come out of the draft in the last 20 years. 

You can't just look at what he did in college, look at what he is capable of doing and what he will be in the NFL. The scheme that Penn State ran was a big part of the reason his numbers look the way they do. If Barkley switched places with Chubb, Sony Michel, Penny or whatever other RB you want to trot out there- Barkley would have destroyed whatever number they put up. 

Saquon was met in the backfield on over 40% of his carries, it's amazing the guy was able to get positive yardage at all.

So, if you don't want to watch the tape, can't wrap your head around the different type of scheme/playbook/offense he was used in, admit that the lack of quality on the Penn State Offensive Line(are there any OL from Penn State projected to go in the first/second/third rounds?) was paramount in his negative plays, won't accept that a running back that doubles as a WR has extra value and merit in it's own right- you'll simply never understand until whatever "talking head" that you worship decides to give you your opinion. 

I have seen the game films, and I know better than most on here about real game situations, schemes, etc. You CAN'T DISPUTE the numbers I posted earlier. 

If you are trolling, that is fine, if not then my man you have serious problems. Because you aren't following your own rules. You are the one posting highlight videos, and you obviously aren't reading what people say. He is NOT the best prospect in 20 years. And NOBODY knows what he will do in the NFL. TO say you do is asinine. 

And you have raved about his big play ability and even when he was held in check, that he scored so he was so valuable. But he was lowest in that category by the numbers too.

28 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I have seen the game films, and I know better than most on here about real game situations, schemes, etc. You CAN'T DISPUTE the numbers I posted earlier. 

If you are trolling, that is fine, if not then my man you have serious problems. Because you aren't following your own rules. You are the one posting highlight videos, and you obviously aren't reading what people say. He is NOT the best prospect in 20 years. And NOBODY knows what he will do in the NFL. TO say you do is asinine. 

And you have raved about his big play ability and even when he was held in check, that he scored so he was so valuable. But he was lowest in that category by the numbers too.

Don't forget he also raved that he has an inside source who says they're taking him #1 but then refuses to take the bets that have been offered.  

Dude is a clown and a troll.  No different than the other troll who resides here.

Archived