THE BROWNS BOARD

All Saquon, all the Time...

hoorta

On 3/30/2018 at 12:58 PM, LogicIsForSquares said:

Tour, what are your thoughts on Martinas Rankin? I wouldn't be upset if the Browns took him in the 3rd.

I don't see him lasting quite that long...

I've followed Martinas since he caught my eye in a 2016 MSU game. He was raw, but had really good feet. Tad shy in height, but has wingspan of a taller OT so he works there and can slide inside either later in career of if his team lands someone who bests him

Only prospect that may be more ready to step in is tu's Williams... and neither is a sure thing to do. I'm still optimistic about Shon moving to LT.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Message to Po, keep repeating this mantra until it sinks into your one track Barkley Brain. BTW, Hue let it slip the Browns think there's 4 QBs in this draft that fill the bill. Just because you don't think so isn't going to make this inconvenient fact go away.     Per Brian Billick:

"There is no player, now or ever, in the National Football League, no matter what his ranking coming out of the draft that trumps if you need a quarterback, taking a quarterback if you think he is a franchise quarterback...Are they a franchise quarterback? If they are, you take them before you take [Penn State running back Saquon] Barkley or [NC State defensive end Bradley] Chubb or [Alabama defensive back Minkah] Fitzpatrick or any of those guys."

Brian Billick is a bitch. They're all going to hate the Browns because we don't care about their presumptions or assumptions, we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB. We will get one of them. And taking Barkley first ensures that they will have an excellent ground game to lean on when it's time for them to play. 

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1:  Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4:  Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1:  Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN):  Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (B)
Round 2 Pick 32:  Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (DEN):  Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14:  Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13:  Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1:  Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

You do this and you've set the Browns up nice for years to come. 

I whole heartedly believe this is the right approach. 

QB- Taylor/Hogan/Stanton/Mayfield

RB- Barkley/Hyde/Penny/Duke/Flowers

WR- Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Louis/Wims/Higgins

OL- Adding Billy Price and Orlando Brown will help the depth and development of our line. 

DL- Kentavius Street is a big nasty man. He'll help fill the hole that Shelton left, although I do believe in Ogunjobi. 

CB- Oliver could turn out to be one of the steals of the draft if he lasts until the end of the second. Big CB with some real nice skills. 

FS- I really like Allen, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a solid addition. With Randall, Allen, Peppers and Kindred I think the safety spots are locked down for some time. 

You can all piss and moan that I didn't take the QB first but what does it matter if it works out in the end. I could have picked Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at 4. Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft. 

You can say I've drafted too many RBs.... Duke is on his last year. He's expendable with Barkley and Penny on the roster- Hell, Hyde can go too. We'll be set at RB for the next 5-7 years, these guys- Barkley and Penny are only going to continue to get better and better as they develop in the NFL with a full time regimen.

There were a couple of picks that I also had some other guys I would have like to get but you can't get everybody. I think as far as talent that will actually translate and payoff at the next level- the above draft is 10/10.

20 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Brian Billick is a bitch. They're all going to hate the Browns because we don't care about their presumptions or assumptions, we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB. We will get one of them. And taking Barkley first ensures that they will have an excellent ground game to lean on when it's time for them to play. 

Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft. 

So you don't like Billick- who knows around 100X more football than you do? Pound Salt Po. Keep playing that computer game- it means exactly nothing to Dorsey and Wolf, and even Hueless the Clueless. Jackson has for all intents and purposes conceded the Browns are taking a QB at #1. 

The rest of us are Browns fans here Po- not Saquon or Hogan fans. So when Hogan gets cut, or we don't draft Saquon- go spew your love for those guys on their respective team's boards- and leave us in peace. 

PS: No one has bought more into the Barkley hype machine than you have. Any other Browns forum I've visited doesn't have 25% of the conversation about Saquon. It's getting damn tiresome seeing the same stuff regurgitated ad nauseum. Everyone else here has long since made up their mind (thanks to you) and in a few weeks, the only guys who matter (Dorsey & Company) will have made up theirs. You're wasting your time spewing more Barkley love.   

10 hours ago, PoeticG said:

we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB.

No, we won't because we won't "like" three QBs equally.

Whoa.... just got this huge Deja vu rush...

20 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1:  Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4:  Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1:  Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN):  Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (B)
Round 2 Pick 32:  Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (DEN):  Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14:  Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13:  Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1:  Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

You do this and you've set the Browns up nice for years to come. 

I whole heartedly believe this is the right approach. 

QB- Taylor/Hogan/Stanton/Mayfield

RB- Barkley/Hyde/Penny/Duke/Flowers

WR- Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Louis/Wims/Higgins

OL- Adding Billy Price and Orlando Brown will help the depth and development of our line. 

DL- Kentavius Street is a big nasty man. He'll help fill the hole that Shelton left, although I do believe in Ogunjobi. 

CB- Oliver could turn out to be one of the steals of the draft if he lasts until the end of the second. Big CB with some real nice skills. 

FS- I really like Allen, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a solid addition. With Randall, Allen, Peppers and Kindred I think the safety spots are locked down for some time. 

You can all piss and moan that I didn't take the QB first but what does it matter if it works out in the end. I could have picked Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at 4. Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft. 

You can say I've drafted too many RBs.... Duke is on his last year. He's expendable with Barkley and Penny on the roster- Hell, Hyde can go too. We'll be set at RB for the next 5-7 years, these guys- Barkley and Penny are only going to continue to get better and better as they develop in the NFL with a full time regimen.

There were a couple of picks that I also had some other guys I would have like to get but you can't get everybody. I think as far as talent that will actually translate and payoff at the next level- the above draft is 10/10.

We all get your Saquon love. I am not going to knock you for it anymore, but your logic here is terrible with your depth chart.

You said if you draft the QB #1 that he has to impact immediately or it's a TERRIBLE and wasted pick. So then you take QB #4, which should still be an impact guy as a high 1st rounder, and you put him FOURTH on depth chart.

To me, whether they draft a QB at 1 or 4 they shouldn't play. Let them develop. Doesn't mean they aren't the right pick. 

There is no difference value wise for the team at 1 or 4. And the ONLY reason Barkley at 1 OR 4 is a possibility is because of the trade last year that everyone whined and complained about.

While 100x over the top, I dont have a problem with your love. I have a problem with the severe OVERHYPE and outlandish comments like #1 Has to play day 1 or not worth it but #4 can sit

I think this video answers most of your concerns...

10 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I think this video answers most of your concerns...

Yes... I feel much better knowing we did not interview him.

Every team is a flavor.

The Patriots fans enjoy being Patriot fans. Not just because they win, but because they identify with them as well. Each team has qualities about them that also reflect and identify with the city and fanbase that they represent. Like it or not, the Browns are a flavor. Like some black coffee. Or burnt steak. It's time Cleveland got back to it's roots- innovation and ingenuity, change the game mentality. If we spice this baby up with some Barkley and a little Mayfield- people will believe in the recipe. The QB is the Waiter - The Playmakers are the Chefs. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/4/2/17189560/2018-nfl-mock-draft-cleveland-browns-surprise-pick-kick-things-off-saquon-barkley-quarterback-trade

In the latest community mock draft above- Saquon Barkley #1 pick of the NFL DRAFT - 64% of feedback agreed with this pick. 

I believe the Giants are on the clock- 

35 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Patriots fans enjoy being Patriot fans. Not just because they win, but because they identify with them as well.

It's because they win...

It's because of Bill...

It's because of Tom...

There's is no one else to ID with for more than a a couple seasons, because all the other parts are interchangeable... and are changed regularly... and the Pats' style morphs

Who should the Browns draft #1 Overall in the NFL Draft? 

42% - Saquon Barkley - 320 votes

34% - Sam Darnold  - 259 votes

5% - Josh Rosen - 41 votes 

12% - Josh Allen - 94 votes

4% - Baker Mayfield - 31 votes

2% - Quenton Nelson - 18 votes

Any time someone posts about how the Browns should do something because tons of Browns fans want them to do something, I think about how many Browns fans jumped up and down in complete euphoric pandemonium when Roger Goodell announced: "With the 22nd overall pick, the Cleveland Browns select Johnny Manziel, QB from Texas A&M". 

Yeah baby! Just got it confirmed- Barkley #1 overall!! First time in 20 years.... Don't ask me for my source, but I'm pretty confident in this revelation!!! 

WOOHOO!!! This is going to be epic, legendary... are you ready for the resurrection of the Cleveland Browns?>)

Taylor - Barkley - Njoku - Gordon - Landry 

Time to burn! 

7 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Yeah baby! Just got it confirmed- Barkley #1 overall!! First time in 20 years.... Don't ask me for my source, but I'm pretty confident in this revelation!!! 

WOOHOO!!! This is going to be epic, legendary... are you ready for the resurrection of the Cleveland Browns?>)

Time to burn! 

So you'll gladly take my bet regarding Barkley for $100?

Or would you like to up the bet?

8 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Time to burn! 

Poetic is Dee Haslam ?

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So you'll gladly take my bet regarding Barkley for $100?

Or would you like to up the bet?

Keep your money homey. 

On 3/29/2018 at 10:33 PM, PoeticG said:

Ogbah is better than Chubb. Why do we want to burn a high pick on a inferior talent at the position?

Looking at the vitals- almost identical. And the combine #'s as well, very similar numbers across the board. 

Two years of NFL experience will definitely payoff big time this year for Ogbah. He's going to be a beast this year. 

Hell, Hogan could play any position.....

2 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

He's never taking that bet.  

I know.  That's because he's no different from the other troll that pollutes this board.  They're both just blowhards who get off on the attention.

Archived