THE BROWNS BOARD

Denzel Ward

LondonBrown

Your post:

"Gregg Williams calling him stupid"

"Head coach criticizing"

Neither of those things happened. Hue didn't say anything wrong, are you really counting that as "criticizing"?. What's he supposed to say? "Nothing could have possibly been done there. Nothing for Ward to work on. Brown is just too good and we shouldn't even bother. Oh well."

Geez

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ward played a great game... his first INT, the one when he came off his man at the sideline and shocked Ben by diving in front of his target, was a thing of beauty. As good as that play was his coverage of AB, ONE ON ONE, was even better. It was textbook coverage beaten by a great throw and an even better catch.

#DontBeScared

Did note that had Ward not made the above INT, Collins was in position to do so.

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ward played a great game... his first INT, the one when he came off his man at the sideline and shocked Ben by diving in front of his target, was a thing of beauty. As good as that play was his coverage of AB, ONE ON ONE, was even better. It was textbook coverage beaten by a great throw and an even better catch.

#DontBeScared

Did note that had Ward not made the above INT, Collins was in position to do so.

He did play a great game and the TD was unfortunate but as everyone has said, it was great coverage. 

Looks to be a great pickup.  Going to be another test for him and the rest of the defense this week against the Saints in the dome.  I think the offense will look better this week, if Patrick Fitzryan can put up 48 points on the Saints, I think Tyrod and the boys should be able to look a little bit better than they did this past week against Pittspuke in a monsoon. 

Leaning towards picking the Browns this week....

15 minutes ago, Mark O said:

He did play a great game and the TD was unfortunate but as everyone has said, it was great coverage. 

Looks to be a great pickup.  Going to be another test for him and the rest of the defense this week against the Saints in the dome.  I think the offense will look better this week, if Patrick Fitzryan can put up 48 points on the Saints, I think Tyrod and the boys should be able to look a little bit better than they did this past week against Pittspuke in a monsoon. 

Leaning towards picking the Browns this week....

Brees losing two in a row at home? Not so fast my friend.

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Brees losing two in a row at home? Not so fast my friend.

Maybe we will tie them too.   Also not so sure I'd pin that loss on Brees unless he has started playing defense in his old age.   Not much you can do when your defense gives up 48 points.  

Still leaning towards picking the Browns.   :)

22 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Maybe we will tie them too.   Also not so sure I'd pin that loss on Brees unless he has started playing defense in his old age.   Not much you can do when your defense gives up 48 points.  

Still leaning towards picking the Browns.   :)

I have him and Ryan from Atlanta that I have too chose from in my league this week. I would be happy to sacrifice Brees to MG for the Browns win, even if it meant I lose the $$. 🤑

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Michael Thomas presents a whole different set of issues for Ward.   I actually think this might be the worst game of his season.  Good news is it'll be out of the way early.

I like Thomas but he is NOT Antonio Brown who is near the top of all fantasy league drafts at the start of every season. Ward took on the most difficult assignment possible already and I am sure he has a jump on fellow OSU player Thomas. He has already seen all the moves.

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I like Thomas but he is NOT Antonio Brown who is near the top of all fantasy league drafts at the start of every season. Ward took on the most difficult assignment possible already and I am sure he has a jump on fellow OSU player Thomas. He has already seen all the moves.

MT was gone before Ward started.      Also if MT lasted to the second round of your draft then your league is composed of Retards.    Broke the record for receptions in the first 2 years of an NFL career and will probably top the third year mark as well.  Yes, MT will soon be talked about like AB and he is already viewed as a top 5 receiver.    

That said it has little to do with moves and more to do with size.  AB is 5'10 maybe 5'11 in cleats and pads at 185lbs.    MT is 6'3 and every bit of 210lbs.   It will be a new level of physical Ward has yet to experience.  THAT will be the difference.  

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

MT was gone before Ward started.      Also if MT lasted to the second round of your draft then your league is composed of Retards.    Broke the record for receptions in the first 2 years of an NFL career and will probably top the third year mark as well.  Yes, MT will soon be talked about like AB and he is already viewed as a top 5 receiver.    

That said it has little to do with moves and more to do with size.  AB is 5'10 maybe 5'11 in cleats and pads at 185lbs.    MT is 6'3 and every bit of 210lbs.   It will be a new level of physical Ward has yet to experience.  THAT will be the difference.  

Before he started maybe but I'm pretty sure since they are only 2 years apart in the draft that Ward had to take him on in practice at least as a freshman. There are only 8 in our league so he did go after AB did. Yes, he's good but he's not quite up there with AB yet who went 2nd after Gurley. I chose @ #6 and AB and Julio were off the board so I took Barkley. Thomas was listed in the various draft lists around #15 overall, about 5th best WR. My mistake this weekend was not playing T. Hill. Won't make that mistake again.

Of all the 2018 1st-rounders, Wardreceived the top PFF grade for his work Sunday.

Pick No. 4: Denzel WardCleveland Browns

2018 SEASON GRADE: 85.6

Ward was a standout performer for the Browns defense on Sunday afternoon. During his team’s regular-season opener, Ward played a colossal 81 snaps, the most among all rookie defenders. 50 of those snaps came in coverage, where he excelled, allowing just six receptions from 10 targets for 50 yards while breaking up one pass and intercepting another two.

Week-1-1-to-8.png

53 minutes ago, ATENEARS said:

Performance is a lot about confidence. This kid is off to a great start. Could catapult him into a great season. 

Should have just drafted OSU all along

Almost mind-blowing how the Browns have seemed to go out of their way forever to not put Ohio State players on their roster. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Of all the 2018 1st-rounders, Wardreceived the top PFF grade for his work Sunday.

Pick No. 4: Denzel WardCleveland Browns

Week-1-1-to-8.png

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Almost mind-blowing  

He's a buckeye, what's so amazing;)..Lets move to mind blowing..Josh Allen 6 of 15 equalling 74 yards 0 TDs 0 picks..The amazing Bills scored 3 points all day & deserve no such score of 73.3 nothing

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

But Peterman started...

So it's a relief pitcher grade.

7 years of being the Wyoming Wild'thang, with a degree in Barn pitching is no way to go through life 🏈Carl Nassib gives PFF grades steep deductions for reliever🤫 

21 hours ago, gumby73 said:

7 years of being the Wyoming Wild'thang, with a degree in Barn pitching is no way to go through life 🏈Carl Nassib gives PFF grades steep deductions for reliever🤫 

Hey!!! Who you calling drunk?

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Genard Avery just called. Said let me know when Chubb causes a turnover.

Z

However Chubb had a lot to do with Miller getting 3 more sacks and the win. Miller really missed Ware last year. You can't keep two out and I hope that is finally what we have in Avery. BTW look for double and triple teams on Garrett every play this Sunday. They'd be fools not to do so.

Archived