THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. who opened the door and let all these assholes in?

time to open the bomb bay doors at let these douche bags go like the exploding nimrods they are.

see ya jim brown. see ya demoted. see ya Retard for the 3rd time.

We cant have this discussion after every loss. It makes us look stupid. Now if the coaches truly think (and I trust this group) that JFF is ready, then im fine with it. Their statement means Hoyer starts next week. 'We'll see' means 'not ready' in this case. Hoyer was bad sunday, but he still has been the most stable qb in a loooong time.

Anyways no one ever gives credit to Kyle S. for much of our successes and failures. Kyle called his worst game by a mile, but he has been fantastic most of the season. As some have already pointed out, this scheme is being completely designed around JFF's skills. So the minute we're out of contention, is more likely the minute JFF takes over.

It's too soon for me, these rookie qbs (minus Luck and Wilson) have for several drafts looked unprepared for NFL secondarys.

We cant have this discussion after every loss. It makes us look stupid. Now if the coaches truly think (and I trust this group) that JFF is ready, then im fine with it. Their statement means Hoyer starts next week. 'We'll see' means 'not ready' in this case. Hoyer was bad sunday, but he still has been the most stable qb in a loooong time.

Anyways no one ever gives credit to Kyle S. for much of our successes and failures. Kyle called his worst game by a mile, but he has been fantastic most of the season. As some have already pointed out, this scheme is being completely designed around JFF's skills. So the minute we're out of contention, is more likely the minute JFF takes over.

It's too soon for me, these rookie qbs (minus Luck and Wilson) have for several drafts looked unprepared for NFL secondarys.

Its not just this board having this discussion, national media is having this discussion.

This is why we all know deep down that Hoyer won't resign if Manziel is here (just like the reports have said). This will never end. This time last week Hoyer was talking about 13-18 Mil for 4 or 5 years and one game later the entire nation is wondering if Manziel is playing soon. Until Manziel is the starter, thats how it will be every week we lose from here on out. Hoyer doesn't want to deal with it and I don't blame him, but it's the situation here.

As some have already pointed out, this scheme is being completely designed around JFF's skills. So the minute we're out of contention, is more likely the minute JFF takes over.

i don't know who pointed that out but i'd say that's going out on a limb, a very thin shaky limb.

who's to say manziel will be ready next year? or the year after that? or ever? just because you draft a guy in the first round does not mean you owe a thing to him. if he was that good he'd be starting.

to hitch yourself to one wagon as an OC is just plain stoopid and i don't think shanhan is a stoopid.

football is a team sport and everyone on that team was involved with the jags loss. sure hoyer sucked, as did the whole OL, as did our RBs as did our DL and as did our coaching staff.

haslam is not going to fire pettine, so all you little typhoid marys can get that out of your mind now. now will he shove a lighted pitchfork up his ass if he doesn't figure out how to play his players? can anyone say volcanic hell?

Its not just this board having this discussion, national media is having this discussion.

This is why we all know deep down that Hoyer won't resign if Manziel is here (just like the reports have said). This will never end. This time last week Hoyer was talking about 13-18 Mil for 4 or 5 years and one game later the entire nation is wondering if Manziel is playing soon. Until Manziel is the starter, thats how it will be every week we lose from here on out. Hoyer doesn't want to deal with it and I don't blame him, but it's the situation here.

dude you're back in full force and it's as sickening now as it was then.

please go back to rooting for A&M or the cowboys or whatever? when manziel shits the bed (and i don't want that to happen) i'll be so happy because i'll never ever have to see or hear of stocktonshorts again.

stfu already.

He may be referring to me? I'm not saying that the offensive is being built around JFF's skill set instead what I am saying is that JFF's skill set fits in perfectly with the offensive scheme.

i hear you. it's shanny jr's system.

you think kirk cousins doesn't know the system? wonder why we don't/didn't bring him in? lol.

No shit the media wants Manziel. They get higher ratings when he plays. They will make up any story they can about the guy. It's all about MONEY..

he'll be in michigan and no pettine is not going to be fired.

you would think though (that nowadays with a HC shelf life being 1-3 like a bum RB) that he'd start acting as though this means something to him by lighting into his players more than a shurmer.

Are you really that fucking stupid? Don't answer b.c you just are. Someone that wants Hoyer to start you are calling a hater. What a fucking idiot.

Enough- you apparently are- I'd suggest a course in reading comprehension. "Owner trying to force Manziel in". and Hoyer Haters happen to be two separate thoughts. Here's a hint- it's called p-u-n-c-t-u-a-t-i-o-n. Ya know, those little dots called periods? I even bolded in RED the part you were spewing with ZERO to back up that statement. Sheeze- like talking to a brick wall.

If they start the QB shuffle we are fucked. Oh and say goodbye to Pettine regardless. Harbaugh in SF will be our new coach next season

Nope, Pettine will be here next year- take it to the bank. Haslam fires Pettine after one year- well, he'll have to start scouring the D-III ranks to find anyone willing to take the job. Har- Harbaugh in 2015? I'd put those odds at about the earth getting hit by an asteroid.

BTW- that's probably exactly why Pettine is sticking with Hoyer for the time being. The last thing he wants is a full blown qb controversy. Hoyer will start until it's conclusively proven he's another Scott Mitchell.

... everytime we win its "HOYER IS A WINNER!!!" and whenever we lose it becomes "Oh well its a team loss" when really its much more the other way around.

So now that I know Hoyer isn't the guy, now I want to know if Manziel is the guy. He might suck, you all could be right about that. But until he gets a shot we won't know. I know what Hoyer is, he's a backup, now I need to see what Manziel is. If Manziels not the guy then we need someone else.

I agree with Hoyer starting the season, Manziel wasn't ready, and I agree if we can stay in playoff contention Hoyer gives us the best shot. However we just lost to the Jags. Playoff teams don't lose that game.

Yet the Seahawks just lost to the Rams... the Rams with their 3rd string QB. If we use your criteria there might not be enough playoff teams this year to fill the brackets.

You now know... now. You speak as if your mind was not made up prior to Sunday. It was. All here know it. Were it not you would have been here the last five weeks trying to figure it out with the rest of us. But you were not. Other than the tavern you've been were nowhere to be found for weeks... until Sunday's toe stub.

What I find amazing about your posts is the detailed reality you construct for you and you alone.

Example 1:"Everyone" credits Hoyer for our victories to the exclusion of all others, but blames loses on the team.

For someone who touts logic ad nauseum, yours is escapable.

... national media is having this discussion.

This is why we all know deep down that Hoyer won't resign if Manziel is here (just like the reports have said).

Walter is national media?

Why care about national media?

Example 2: Clinging to the discredited "Hoyer won't resign if..." storyline.

you think kirk cousins doesn't know the system? wonder why we don't/didn't bring him in? lol.

Classic...

As for Cousins threads... there are two to chose from:

Cousins http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28522&hl=cousins and

Could Kirk Cousins Follow Kyle Shanahan to the Browns? http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28337&hl=cousins

The following is from another MKC article, so I'll stick to direct quotes. Hopefully they are safe....

"Brian is still firmly our starter,'' said Pettine, still admittedly feeling the sting of Sunday's 24-6 loss to the previously winless Jaguars. "Nothing's changed. Each week we make the decision as to if we want to include Johnny in the plan.''

"Each week when the offensive staff gets together -- and I'll jump in with them too -- is that they put the plan together, and it's what gives us the best chance to win,'' said Pettine. "So if the situation this week maybe calls for him to play some then that will be the case. But we're not going to hit the panic button after one loss. While we know that the quarterback position needed to be more productive, it was more symptomatic of the entire offense.''

"I know this (game) severely dropped (the completion percentage),'' said Pettine. "If it becomes a couple more games (and it's) still a trend, that's something to look at. (But) there are some times when completion percentage will be affected when you're trying to throw the ball away or take some more shots downfield. That's not something to me is a concern today.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/10/cleveland_browns_briefly_discu.html

Once again Hoyer is not the long term guy. Couldn't be more obvious that he's AT HIS BEST just an ok QB. He has never done one thing in a Browns uniform that resembles an Elite QB. Never hitch your wagon to a suspect arm and accuracy issues because they'll always come back to kill your team.

The longer Hoyer starts the WORSE it is for the Browns. We're only delaying progression for Manziel and progression from the FO in knowing if they have something in Manziel or have to keep looking. Hoyer is out there playing only for himself (Do you really think the minute we beat Pittsburgh the "rumors" of Hoyers contract demands started? Nope, Hoyer asked for all those things, said all those things and even went a week not denying it before giving a non-answer on it that some seem to read as a denial. Hoyer has publically said "I'd rather be promised a starting job then stay in Cleveland" he's 100% about himself).

Theres this weird hope around here that I guess, what....we make the 6th seed? Is that what you're praying for? 8-8? I don't know what your dreams are but they're not contending for a Super Bowl this year and delaying figuring out the next 3-5 years for this franchise is only hurting it.Hurts draft picks, hurts development. This "Go with whoever helps us win each week" is extremely shortsighted. This is a building process. People want to act like we have a complete product that just needs to go out there and win. No we need to build. Position ourselves for a several year run, not just sniff the playoffs this year and cause utter chaos in the offseason.

You promise the vets you'll try to win, and Hoyer is by far the best option if you want to "win each week" but he's killing the development of this team and disrupting the process by being very average and then demanding things. Once it becomes clear to everyone that the playoffs isn't happening, Hoyer needs to go, he's not the guy, never will be the guy for anybody, and we need to find out if Manziel (or even the crush of some of you around here Connie Shaw) is the guy. The longer we wait to find that out, the absolute worse for the Browns.

Look no further then the Jags, who gave up over 100 points in 8 quarters earlier in the year, who held Hoyer to only 6 points. Chad Henne is much better of a QB then Bortles right now, but they realize they're not helping anything by delaying Bortles development. If they wanted to win more games Henne is the guy, but if they want to build something meaningful, then you need Bortles to learn now. They realize "Hey we're not winning a Super Bowl, so we need to give ourselves a chance in the future" and yet the Browns seem to be stuck in between in this weird "We're not paying attention to the future, just this week, only this week matters" mindset and that does ZERO good for a team trying to build something. Zero.

The fact people on this board can't see that is amazing to me.

Hoyer vs Manziel is 100% the same issue as Alex Smith vs Colin K in SF. I'm not going to sit there and speculate that putting Manziel in would equate to AFC championship games, but what I mean is we know what we got in Hoyer. I'm not off the bandwagon yet as I think he (Hoyer) is the best to guide us against weak teams that hopefully the embarrassing loss has the team prepared for. It will be very hard to keep the voices down though if he sucks it up against Oakland.

You promise the vets you'll try to win, and Hoyer is by far the best option if you want to "win each week" but he's killing the development of this team and disrupting the process by being very average and then demanding things. Once it becomes clear to everyone that the playoffs isn't happening, Hoyer needs to go, he's not the guy, never will be the guy for anybody, and we need to find out if Manziel (or even the crush of some of you around here Connie Shaw) is the guy. The longer we wait to find that out, the absolute worse for the Browns.

What the fuck elite team is this man holding back? The Browns are an average team. Slightly above average with effort and discipline. We have question marks at WR, TE, Dline and Oline depth. We lack playmakers outside of a healthy Cameron and the oft suspended Gordon. Please stop making this sound like 2012 Kansas City with 8 pro bowlers and the only issue being the QB spot.

Look no further then the Jags, who gave up over 100 points in 8 quarters earlier in the year, who held Hoyer to only 6 points. Chad Henne is much better of a QB then Bortles right now, but they realize they're not helping anything by delaying Bortles development. If they wanted to win more games Henne is the guy, but if they want to build something meaningful, then you need Bortles to learn now. They realize "Hey we're not winning a Super Bowl, so we need to give ourselves a chance in the future" and yet the Browns seem to be stuck in between in this weird "We're not paying attention to the future, just this week, only this week matters" mindset and that does ZERO good for a team trying to build something. Zero.

The Browns have gone this route before. Throw a rookie QB to the wolves when the surrounded cast isn't quite there. I might be in agreement with this when Gordon comes back, but certainly no sooner. The Jags are doing Bortles no favors and I'll be a miracle if that kid isn't shell shocked by the end of his sophomore season.

Once again Hoyer is not the long term guy. Couldn't be more obvious that he's AT HIS BEST just an ok QB. He has never done one thing in a Browns uniform that resembles an Elite QB. Never hitch your wagon to a suspect arm and accuracy issues because they'll always come back to kill your team.

The longer Hoyer starts the WORSE it is for the Browns. We're only delaying progression for Manziel and progression from the FO in knowing if they have something in Manziel or have to keep looking. Hoyer is out there playing only for himself (Do you really think the minute we beat Pittsburgh the "rumors" of Hoyers contract demands started? Nope, Hoyer asked for all those things, said all those things and even went a week not denying it before giving a non-answer on it that some seem to read as a denial. Hoyer has publically said "I'd rather be promised a starting job then stay in Cleveland" he's 100% about himself).

Theres this weird hope around here that I guess, what....we make the 6th seed? Is that what you're praying for? 8-8? I don't know what your dreams are but they're not contending for a Super Bowl this year and delaying figuring out the next 3-5 years for this franchise is only hurting it.Hurts draft picks, hurts development. This "Go with whoever helps us win each week" is extremely shortsighted. This is a building process. People want to act like we have a complete product that just needs to go out there and win. No we need to build. Position ourselves for a several year run, not just sniff the playoffs this year and cause utter chaos in the offseason.

are you some uneducated dimwit? i mean what tree did your mom drop you out of?

do you REALLY THINK (in your world who knows) that a coach in the NFL today knowing that he can lose his job at the drop of a hat after moving his family to a new city, brought people with him (coaching staff and friends) would risk all of that for a guy to start as your QB if he's not the best possible option? when are you going to get it through your big fucking numbskull that there is no conspiracy against manziel? obviously the kid isn't ready or doesn't know shit from shineola. fuck. if he's that good let him start. i want to see him run better than our RBs are running. just don't think he could take the hits. or let hoyer be a wide-out and let him throw him an illegal pass down the sidelines. or how about using him as the holder on field goal attempts where he could always get the ball, run or throw?

guess he can't even do that.

Archived