THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Hello all, I am a Patriots fan born and raised in Mass. but have been reading about all the Johnny Football hysteria and this thread was so entertaining to me that I thought I'd join the conversation. I've been following the NFL for a long time and although Hoyer did a solid job starting out I feel like your coach is making the right decision. I'm not on the Johnny Football bandwagon just yet but I'm not a hater either. I think he has potential and all he has to do is be better than Hoyer has been which isn't saying much. I think he'll go out and give a solid performance either way. And if he does end up being a superstar? Good for you guys!

We hope he does, but of course there are skeptics.

The move had to be made, love Brian but he fell off the face of the earth and cost us a couple games (not singlehandedly, but against Indy it's sad that if our offense could a ran a drive for more than 5 plays we would have won)

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the way your defense looked last week against the Colts (and I watched that whole game start to finish while waiting for the Pats) I think as long as Johnny scores points you will win the next few games. In fact last week I was silently rooting for the Browns and I felt pretty bad for the team when you lost by 1. In all honesty you made the Colts look sloppy as hell.

I think he has potential and all he has to do is be better than Hoyer has been which isn't saying much. I think he'll go out and give a solid performance either way. And if he does end up being a superstar? Good for you guys!

We sure hope he pans out.....we're all waiting with baited breath.....

BUT....the bar is a tad higher than just what Hoyer did....so, if "all he does" is be a touch better than Hoyer, it wont be enough.....it'll be another failure, actually....

Nope....we're hoping for BIG things from Johnny....big, BIG, BIG!!!!.....:)

We sure hope he pans out.....we're all waiting with baited breath.....

BUT....the bar is a tad higher than just what Hoyer did....so, if "all he does" is be a touch better than Hoyer, it wont be enough.....it'll be another failure, actually....

Nope....we're hoping for BIG things from Johnny....big, BIG, BIG!!!!..... :)

Hahaha I agree actually my statement didn't make sense. Being better than Hoyer could still equal being a sub par QB who isn't going anywhere. And that's not to knock Hoyer. He used to be Brady's backup and I think he's a good guy with a good skill set but who knows why he just fell apart... oh well.

It is a bit baffling....but I think he played above his skill set for a while there, then it all averaged out and came full circle...

I will say he looked and sounded MUCH better yesterday, than he did earlier in the week. In a way, I think he's disappointed, but also has a sense of relief(not that he wanted it) now that the pressure is off......once the anger and disappointment subsides, I think he'll be fine..

And hopefully, by years end(or next spring), he will accept reality and maybe sign to stay on as JF's backup.....

Agree with your post 100% Mudfly. I also highly doubt the Browns will draft another QB next year. It's starting to look like Johnny M. is the man... and wether that's for better or worse is TBD. However out of all the QB's drafted this year, the two with the most potential at least from all the game film I have seen are Johnny M. and Jimmy Garoppolo. Even having Brady as our franchise QB I am excited that he finally has a quality backup with a bullet arm, quick release, and fast feet.

Looking at his footwork, I don't think he's comfortable with his knee yet. I wouldn't be shocked if he left and lit it up for somebody else. (Hoyer)

That is a possibility. In which case the Browns would most like trade or pick up a FA QB to back up Johnny? Who knows. All I know is, I am not a Browns fan or an Aggies fan or a Johnny Football fan but your team's situation has been intriguing the past few weeks and this Sunday I will definitely be watching the Browns-Bengals game if possible. Also I hate the Bengals.

Yeah......it's an easy thing to do

Andy Dalton is one of the most inconsistent QB's in the game. I had him for fantasy last year and he pissed me off to no end. One week he's dynamite, the next week he sucks.

And on top of that their entire team and the way they play the game is obnoxious. One of those obnoxious teams that never goes anywhere but has a few explosive games to screw up the playoff rankings.

Yea the name lacks any creativity. I believe they created an open competition and that was the winner. The logo is ok. Speaking of lacking creativity, i hate that the NFL stopped designing new Super Bowl logos. I always looked forward to seeing the different colors and designs. Side note, i think the Browns need a deeper orange on their helmet, looks kindof light at times on TV.

The DATs logo is OK....but why a steer? Just call them the Steers. That was a name proposed for the Cowboys originally.

But, No on the orange. Browns orange is supposed be like pumpkin orange, not orange orange.

Hello all, I am a Patriots fan born and raised in Mass. but have been reading about all the Johnny Football hysteria and this thread was so entertaining to me that I thought I'd join the conversation. I've been following the NFL for a long time and although Hoyer did a solid job starting out I feel like your coach is making the right decision. I'm not on the Johnny Football bandwagon just yet but I'm not a hater either. I think he has potential and all he has to do is be better than Hoyer has been which isn't saying much. I think he'll go out and give a solid performance either way. And if he does end up being a superstar? Good for you guys!

You Aggies fans paying attention? This is how you come into someone else's house. I hate the Patriots and I hope they lose every game they play. I hope Brady finds out that Gronk is banging Gisele and they get into a fistfight in the middle of the field on Sunday. I hope Belichick is exposed in a massive cheating scandal and they retroactively take all of his Super Bowl titles away. Nonetheless, welcome to the board Pats_Fan93. Here's to a Browns/Pats AFC championship one day (in which the Browns win 103-0 and Belichick breaks down in tears)

You Aggies fans paying attention? This is how you come into someone else's house. I hate the Patriots and I hope they lose every game they play. I hope Brady finds out that Gronk is banging Gisele and they get into a fistfight in the middle of the field on Sunday. I hope Belichick is exposed in a massive cheating scandal and they retroactively take all of his Super Bowl titles away. Nonetheless, welcome to the board Pats_Fan93. Here's to a Browns/Pats AFC championship one day (in which the Browns win 103-0 and Belichick breaks down in tears)

Thanks for the warm welcome bonedawg, no offense taken by the hatred of the Pats- I don't expect anyone outside of Massachusetts NOT to hate them hahaha. And a Pats-Browns AFC championship would be awesome. I'm sick of the goddamned Bronco's, Colt's, etc...

Thanks for the warm welcome bonedawg, no offense taken by the hatred of the Pats- I don't expect anyone outside of Massachusetts NOT to hate them hahaha. And a Pats-Browns AFC championship would be awesome. I'm sick of the goddamned Bronco's, Colt's, etc...

If you are sick of those matchups, then your team can just stay home.

How about if I give you a little trivia fest: Which AFC team has won the most championships in its history and played in the most championship games? (not conference championships...actual championships)

It doesn't matter what I think, of course I am always happy to see my team in the AFC championship. What I mean is it would be nice to have more variety of teams. Even teams that I am not a fan of, such as the Lions, Cardinals, shit even the Browns. It would be nice to see new faces being contenders. Keeps things interesting.

As far as your trivia, I believe it is the Pittsburgh Steelers but I am probly wrong.

It doesn't matter what I think, of course I am always happy to see my team in the AFC championship. What I mean is it would be nice to have more variety of teams. Even teams that I am not a fan of, such as the Lions, Cardinals, shit even the Browns. It would be nice to see new faces being contenders. Keeps things interesting.

I agree with your sentiments here.

As far as your trivia, I believe it is the Pittsburgh Steelers but I am probly wrong.

You are right....you are wrong.

Here is a helpful aid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_National_Football_League_Championship

Exactly. The AFC is too often dominated by the same teams for the past while, and my Patriots being one of them. As much as this makes me extremely happy as a Pats fan and I hope that they can stay as contenders forever, things are bound to change. But change is good, and to stay on the topic of what this thread is about, the Browns seem to be approaching a change- you guys are in the hunt for a playoff spot and honestly I like that. Keeps things interesting, instead of it just coming down to the "Brady vs. Manning vs. Andrew Luck Show" like everyone seems to think it will.

In that case I'm not sure. Enlighten me, oh Gipper, to whom this AFC team is?

If you are sick of those matchups, then your team can just stay home.

How about if I give you a little trivia fest: Which AFC team has won the most championships in its history and played in the most championship games? (not conference championships...actual championships)

Well then who is it gipper

I don't see it. The browns have a total of 4 nfl championships. That's a proud number but the steelers have 6 just since the super bowl era

I think you got your numbers wrong...we won 6 in a row in the 50's....plus '64....plus 1 more, I believe...so it's closer to 8, than 4...

I don't see it. The browns have a total of 4 nfl championships. That's a proud number but the steelers have 6 just since the super bowl era

Gip's counting AAFC Championships- the NFL doesn't- though they should. Browns were also undefeated one year in that league, so it's not only the Dolphins who had an undefeated season. Again the NFL doesn't recognize that.

And yeah- NE Ohio does have more Championships than any other area- IF you go all the way back to the days of the Canton Bulldogs.

Exactly. The AFC is too often dominated by the same teams for the past while, and my Patriots being one of them. As much as this makes me extremely happy as a Pats fan and I hope that they can stay as contenders forever, things are bound to change. But change is good, and to stay on the topic of what this thread is about, the Browns seem to be approaching a change- you guys are in the hunt for a playoff spot and honestly I like that. Keeps things interesting, instead of it just coming down to the "Brady vs. Manning vs. Andrew Luck Show" like everyone seems to think it will.

In that case I'm not sure. Enlighten me, oh Gipper, to whom this AFC team is?

Here is the total breakdown:

Cleveland Browns 13 championship game appearances. 8 wins

Pittsburgh Steelers 8 championship game. 6 wins

New England Patriots 7 Championship games 3 wins

Denver Broncos 7 Championship games 2 wins

Baltimore/Indy Colts 7 Championship games

Buffalo Bills 6 Championship games 2 wins

San Diego Chargers 6 Championship games 1 win

Oakland/LA RAiders 5 Championship games 3 wins

Miami Dolphins 5 Championship games 2 wins

Houston Oiler/Tenn Tits. 4 Championship games 2 wins

KC Chiefs/Dallas Texans 3 Championship games 2 win