THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is a done deal the Cowboys would even want Manziel after this latest incident along with everything else that has gone down with Manziel since his time in Cleveland. What team would want the circus for an unproven qb? What team wants this kind of distraction? I think Manziel might have a hard time finding another NFL club who will take him.

There will always be an element that likes his fun personality and "celebrity", but as is the case here, they will mostly be young guys... or old farts in a skirt... ;)

lo-fuckin-l... frisky... dude... you have to be Helen fuckin' Keller at this point to not see...

Well it's important to be popular among the young players. The ones that will come together and gel as a team as time goes by. If, in fact, any staff or bunch of players got more than 18 months together.

As for the old guys collecting a retirement check?

WSS

And??

THAT makes it OK for the starting QB to fly out of town before his teammates get ready to play a rivalry game and skip a treatment meeting?

I haven't been following along here real closely, but ... Your are still not defending this guy are you?

I mean if it's the alcohol, you cut bait but you hope for the best ... if he's just a petulant shithead you hope he never plays in this league again.

We didn't change owners ... we didn't change teammates ... do you think there is anyone left in the organization that trusts this guy?

Zombo

A and? Like anybody should I'd like to know exactly what's going on. Wouldn't you? All we get is bullshit from Tony Grossi or Mary Kay Cabot or somebody's fucking twitter feed.

My bottom line is if the kid can play at the NFL level and wants to do so here it's good for the Cleveland Browns and I would like to see that facilitated if possible.

If he can't or he doesn't want to then do what we need to do.

B. Yes we did we change coaches and front office. You say we didn't change teammates? Well wait and see there.

C and it doesn't matter at all to you if it's actually alcohol or petulance? Come on dude. I know drugs, I know alcoholics, & I know assholes and I know guys that are a combination of the three. The levels matter.

I'm just curious as to what the inside story is. I don't think that's a ridiculous thing to wonder about.

And this isn't exactly a blue ribbon panel here, is a bunch of Browns fans. The most knowledgeable guy on the board probably knows less about the situation then the guy at the team commissary that orders the cream in the coaches coffee.

Let alone the guy that fetches it.

But just look at this thread Z Man. Half these guys are more concerned with how to fuck with a player they don't like then how to benefit the team.

WSS

...He's made a mockery of the organization and the team and has flipped the byrd at authority. End this clown show. The punk is a huge distraction and its humiliating...his actions say he wants out. Personally I'd let him ride pine on the practice squad if that is an option, ala RG3.

The Browns were a mockery long before JFF showed up. He just added the circus tent and sold tickets is all. It has to be a business decision and I have confidence that is exactly what it will be.

A and? Like anybody should I'd like to know exactly what's going on. Wouldn't you? All we get is bullshit from Tony Grossi or Mary Kay Cabot or somebody's fucking twitter feed.

My bottom line is if the kid can play at the NFL level and wants to do so here it's good for the Cleveland Browns and I would like to see that facilitated if possible.

B. Yes we did we change coaches and front office. You say we didn't change teammates? Well wait and see there.

C and it doesn't matter at all to you if it's actually alcohol or petulance? Come on dude. I know drugs, I know alcoholics, & I know assholes and I know guys that are a combination of the three. The levels matter.

I'm just curious as to what the inside story is. I don't think that's a ridiculous thing to wonder about.

And this isn't exactly a blue ribbon panel here, is a bunch of Browns fans. The most knowledgeable guy on the board probably knows less about the situation then the guy at the team commissary that orders the cream in the coaches coffee.

But just look at this thread Z Man. Half these guys are more concerned with how to fuck with a player they don't like then how to benefit the team.

WSS

We got rid of the GM and head coach, 95% of the people that work for the organization are still here, including the owner, his wife and the guy they just promoted to oversee everything, Sashi Brown.

Johnny shit on them.

He shit on the Cleveland Browns, the city of Cleveland, Browns fans and his teammates.

I don't know need to know what percentage is addiction and what percentage is asshole to know he needs to go.

If Joe Thomas says "obviously some things are more important to him than football, that's a problem" then I am going with the guy who has never missed a snap over nine painful seasons, over the little shithead who two years in a row bailed on the team before the season is over.

And, he's not very good. It's not like this guy plays like Russell Wilson when he is focussed.

If you are curious, and you want some inside details ... that's great ... but we know enough to know can do better at QB.

This guy is in the rear view mirror as we go forward.

Zombo

WSS

Leave the Vegas rumor out of it. The guy for the 2nd year in a row didn't show up when required by the team before the end of the season. That's not a leader...that's not the face of the franchise that I want for my team. He can't be trusted. He does things and the tries to cover it up and lies about it. What other QB's are doing stupid shit like that?

You didn't learn with mega-bust Trent? If LeBron dumped him- maybe, possibly you should too?

Johnny Juicer has played hi last snap for the Browns.

He still thinks Trent is going to be a beast in the NFL as well as thinking that Josh Cribbs still can play.

Leave the Vegas rumor out of it. The guy for the 2nd year in a row didn't show up when required by the team before the end of the season. That's not a leader...that's not the face of the franchise that I want for my team. He can't be trusted. He does things and the tries to cover it up and lies about it. What other QB's are doing stupid shit like that?

They're called EX QB's.

We got rid of the GM and head coach, 95% of the people that work for the organization are still here, including the owner, his wife and the guy they just promoted to oversee everything, Sashi Brown.

Johnny shit on them.

He shit on the Cleveland Browns, the city of Cleveland, Browns fans and his teammates.

I don't know need to know what percentage is addiction and what percentage is asshole to know he needs to go.

If Joe Thomas says "obviously some things are more important to him than football, that's a problem" then I am going with the guy who has never missed a snap over nine painful seasons, over the little shithead who two years in a row bailed on the team before the season is over.

And, he's not very good. It's not like this guy plays like Russell Wilson when he is focussed.

If you are curious, and you want some inside details ... that's great ... but we know enough to know can do better at QB.

This guy is in the rear view mirror as we go forward.

Zombo

If we are curious and want to know the difference....that is what TMZ is for.....to get to the bottom of things about people that are fodder for their programs.

Who knows? We don't nor have we ever cared about other teams quarterbacks or players who have had troubled relationships with the team.

What I am saying is if he can play you do what you can to make that happen.

WSS

Ryan Leaf, one of the league's whipping boys, started 25 games over 4 years.

WSS

Not the greatest example because he only played 18 games over 2 years for the team that drafted him. Then they cut him. And one year he was out injured. And the 4th year was as a bench warmer with the Cowboys of all teams. And he was the #2 pick overall which should buy him a lot more credibility than Johnny does at the 23rd pick. So, if your saying JM should get the same chance that Leaf got and Leaf got cut after 18 games over 2 years, why cant the same happen to Johnny M?

Should? What I'm saying is that pulling the ripcord after this small amount of experience is probably jumping the gun. These guys are letting their emotions take over. And Ryan Leaf was a lot worse off the field then Johnny.

If you guys are confident that he will never ever play another decent game in the NFL then...

But truth be told I think a lot of the haters are worried he will eventually take Dallas to the playoffs and the Browns once again look like fools.

I personally think he'd do well with the Dallas team. How about you? Just from a gameplay and talent aspect?

WSS

they don't have to cut him to cut their losses, they just have to take the power back. he's not bigger than the organization. time to give him a reality check and humble his ass.

Didn't Pet try that? Something about a Bye-Week?

Are there still cells under the DawgPound? Could move practices downtown and in between them...

The ticket was early in the morning. A trip on a private jet would easily have him in Vegas later that day.

true, but like I said...plot thickens. What if he deliberately got infront of a cop and slowed down so the cop could get an eyeball of his expired tags? I mean this could be one level above next level stuff right here. So that's like two levels right? Johnny 2level?

But even still doesn't anybody wonder why Johnny would spend the time and effort to learn the system and make the great strides that he did? Something between that and the apparent purposeful insubordination must have happened.

Again... the "great strides" you speak of were that he learned the playbook and could make playcalls within the allotted time... most of the time. In other words in his second year he achieved a rookie's competence level. But for half the season, and the 2nd year in a row, he could not wrest the starting job from a journeyman QB.

Then finally he was named the starter. Finally his HC declared that the difference between JM and the journeyman was small enough that we could afford to see what it was JM has.

Want a change identified?

He was named the starter...

He was handed the keys...

There's a change we know occurred. And we know what happened from there.

Yes.......but, it's more important to be respected than popular as a leader.

Absolutely... great point... wish I had made it.

Would love to see video of Browns players who say they "like" JM, asked if they respect him in a follow up.

And I will preface this as we should preface every discussion: if the reports can be believed...

First of all the journeyman was playing the best football of his life unfortunately that didn't show up in the win loss column.

Second, see the disclaimer, Mike Pettine leans heavily toward experience. Always choosing veterans over rookies or newcomers.

Third, that was the second PlayBook to learn. And he never played with the first one since they threw in a new offense for Cincinnati.

Fourth we know what happened. You and I differ on the value of experience vs discipline. Which I'm guessing will remain a sticking point.

Finally I believe rookies improve with playing time

WSS

Archived