THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Who was satisfied with Manziel's play this year? Even by the numbers they weren't even close to McCown's....

i won't be satisfied even if they win 10 Super Balls so of course i wasn't satisfied. were you satisfied with McCown? how about his durability? their numbers weren't that far apart either. Josh passed for more yards and Johnny set franchise rushing records behind a patchwork OL.

drama or not Davis and Shaw aren't even worthy of carrying Johnny's jockstrap.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor has it he's well liked among some other players. Who knows?

There will always be an element that likes his fun personality and "celebrity", but as is the case here, they will mostly be young guys... or old farts in a skirt... ;)

put anyone under a microscope...

lo-fuckin-l... frisky... dude... you have to be Helen fuckin' Keller at this point to not see...

lo-fuckin-l... frisky... dude... you have to be Helen fuckin' Keller at this point to not see...

guess i'm just a sucker for an underdog. ?

i hope we keep him to back up McCown as he mentors Goff.

it's like a kid challenging a babysitter. some quit, others push through it and find a way. and once you figure out how to manage him (seems like an "atta-boy" to me as opposed to a "tough love" you can threaten) he could be all they hoped and more.

honestly, how much trouble could he really cause 3rd string? what's the worst that could happen? ?

Jaylon Smith apparently tore his ACL & MCL. He might consider returning to college?

Both? Damn... but to go back? Kid needs follow the Magahee PLan: hire Rosenhaus and come out.

Pink font Tour!!

Would if I could, but browser won't cooperate... ---> pink <---

Well I'll be... it's back!

Just made my day... <--- was going to be pink, but now not working again...

LOL! To those who just want to hack & cut, move to Cut & Shoot Texas (Home of Roy Harris, once beaten in the 50's by reigning heavyweight champ Floyd Patterson in the 13 round).

You have to be unemotional when it comes to a business decision and JM's future most definitely is a business decision for the Browns. What is the cost of cutting if he is picked up by another team vs. what is the cost of trading? Does the new coach want to retain him? The new analytics guys can work with the new coach and new GM to figure out exactly what to do about Billy. Hopefully this time Jimmy stays completely out of the decision making on ALL players, including JM.

...He's made a mockery of the organization and the team and has flipped the byrd at authority. End this clown show. The punk is a huge distraction and its humiliating...his actions say he wants out. Personally I'd let him ride pine on the practice squad if that is an option, ala RG3.

Whoever the first pick is, I hope we see an overall draft strategy that builds around him to maximize his chance for success. If we pick Goff, then we'd better pick a wide receiver for him to throw to with the next pick. An offense with Goff, Josh Gordon, Josh Doctson, Barnidge, Crowell and Duke sounds like it could score some points.

guess I'm just a sucker for an underdog.

honestly, how much trouble could he really cause 3rd string? what's the worst that could happen?

lol.... fair enough...

His distraction impact is too great, IMO, and greatly outweighs any chance of a resurrection.

The next of which I believe signals the end of days anyway...

If you don't have haters you're doing it wrong.

Manziel is going to be a Maniac next season with some actual recievers, ala the best in the game, Josh Gordon. If the Browns can find another TE and develop Pryor some more, add in Benjamin if he resigns and land a god damn FB... you can pretty much count on a playoff berth. Manziel had one game that he wishes he could have a couple throws back, but what can you do when your only receivers are 5 foot tall.

All this Manziel hate just oozes from jealousy. Why don't you guys talk about somebody who deserves some hate, I don't know, maybe like Dwayne Bowe. That guy got more money in one season doing nothing than Manziel is going to make his entire rookie contract. Get off his fucking nuts. Gawd.

Manziel is going to be and should be the Starting QB next year, get used to it. If you don't like it... find another team to root for. Support your fucking QB.

Everybody wants to take shots and Manziel is an easy target, hope that bogus vegas story got lots of hits and made the faggot who made it up a nice chunk of change. Don't believe everything on the internet.

Manziel is going to be a Maniac next season with some actual recievers, ala the best in the game, Josh Gordon. If the Browns can find another TE and develop Pryor some more, add in Benjamin if he resigns and land a god damn FB... you can pretty much count on a playoff berth. Manziel had one game that he wishes he could have a couple throws back, but what can you do when your only receivers are 5 foot tall.

All this Manziel hate just oozes from jealousy. Why don't you guys talk about somebody who deserves some hate, I don't know, maybe like Dwayne Bowe. That guy got more money in one season doing nothing than Manziel is going to make his entire rookie contract. Get off his fucking nuts. Gawd.

Manziel is going to be and should be the Starting QB next year, get used to it. If you don't like it... find another team to root for. Support your fucking QB.

Everybody wants to take shots and Manziel is an easy target, hope that bogus vegas story got lots of hits and made the faggot who made it up a nice chunk of change. Don't believe everything on the internet.

Ok mr. Manziel apologist.....How do you explain this hero of yours not showing up, as required by the team, at 9am Sunday morning and not returning phone calls all day to the point that the (at the time) head coach and owner had no idea where he was??? Is that story made up too? How about last year at the end of the season when once again he failed to show up on time for a required team event and the team had to go wake his sorry fucking ass up? That's the kind of guy you want leading your team?

Let's hear how you explain away those two things.....but you are right...if he's the starting QB of the Cleveland Browns next year, I just might find a new team to root for.

Would dropping JFF now help with head coach recruiting?

It seems to me that knowing you didn't have to deal with his bullshit ahead of time would be a good thing. Not being assured he is being cut is the same as asking someone to come in and be a circus ringmaster instead of coach. What say you?

It seems to me that knowing you didn't have to deal with his bullshit ahead of time would be a good thing. Not being assured he is being cut is the same as asking someone to come in and be a circus ringmaster instead of coach. What say you?

Depends on the coach..... An assclown like Chip Kelly might like to be partnered up with another assclown in Johnny shitshow. I'm hoping we hire a guy who wants no part of this dweeb.

• Manziel is going to be a Maniac next season with some actual recievers...
  • All this Manziel hate just oozes from jealousy.
  • Why don't you guys talk about somebody who deserves some hate, I don't know, maybe like Dwayne Bowe.
  • Manziel is going to be and should be the Starting QB next year, get used to it. If you don't like it... find another team to root for. Support your fucking QB.
  • Don't believe everything on the internet.
  • He was a maniac this season... just not on the field.
  • The jealousy card is really, really old...
  • Clearly you have not been paying attention.
  • Won't be... shouldn't be... I wouldn't... I won't... I will and his name will be McCown.
  • Your post is a great place to start.

I'd say no, not in advance of the HC hire, I but would tell the HC candidates who make a second round of interviews that JM's fate would be his decision.

Might even tell them all that in the first round. It would be more likely to leak, but who gives a fuck...

We don't have to dump him for nothing

we might though... RGIII wants to play in Dallas as well. Who would you take? Johnny shitshow or the guy who kept his mouth shut and played on the scout team in practice all year?

we might though... RGIII wants to play in Dallas as well. Who would you take? Johnny shitshow or the guy who kept his mouth shut and played on the scout team in practice all year?

Well we can gauge interest anyway. Something is better than nothing. I do think jerrah would prefer RG3 though

RG3 will be an FA as soon as WSH makes it official that they don't want to pick up his $16mm, one-year option...

It's an interesting debate as to which one to take, but I actually would not be surprised if Jerrah nabbed them both. Neither should be that expensive to land.

Does RGIII not cost exponentially more? Or is he just a FA now?

They picked up his option for 2016 for $16 mil. It is only guaranteed if hes injured. I don't see anyone trading for him with this contract but also don't see the Redskins paying a backup that kind of money either.

man are you on some good drugs....you need to call lil chonnie and have him join in....you can become drug bro's

Correct... they did pick up the 2016 option. I got that wrong. But since he was not injured during 2015, the option year is no longer guaranteed. So he can be cut without cost to the Redskins and that will be the end of the $16MM price tag.

I think this starts on March 15th this year, but must be done no later than June 1st.

Earlier this year, the Washington Redskins exercised an option to sign quarterback Robert Griffin III for the 2016 season.

And in the upside down world of NFL contracts, that move essentially ensured that he'd be benched or cut in 2015.

Here's why it works out that way: The $16.2 million for 2016 is not guaranteed -- unless the injury-prone RG3 gets injured. No injury, and the Redskins can cut him loose. Riding the bench, of course, is the best way to keep him healthy.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/01/news/companies/rg3-contract/

Archived