THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I wish for him to be so far away from this team that I don't care how he does in the future. The odds against him turning his shit around are so huge that I'm willing to gamble that he's the next Ryan Leaf and not going to turn into the next Peyton Manning.

As I said elsewhere I give him a 10% chance of waking up and turning this around.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is true that Pettine and Farmer both wanted Carr.

This will be my last comment on Johnny also. I guess addiction leads to lying to those trying to help you. Addiction is complicated. I've never been addicted but I will agree he needs help. The lying to coaches and disguises are desperate acts by a very mixed up person.

I now want to apologize to Mike Pettine. I had no idea what he must have been going through. I hope he gets another job soon.

The dysfunction of the Browns is trickling down from Haslam and sure messed things up. Maybe when the Manziel situation is finally put to rest they can concentrate on building a winning football team.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/reports-johnny-manziel-and-robert-griffin-iii-want-to-play-for-the-cowboys/ar-AAgpiQI?li=BBnbfcL

Reports: Johnny Manziel and Robert Griffin III want to play for the Cowboys

According to a pair of reports, Johnny Manziel and Robert Griffin III—two Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks from schools in Texas—desire to return home and play for the Dallas Cowboys.

Over a series of Tweets this past Sunday, Peter King of MMQB reported Manziel “wants to go to Dallas” after he failed to show up for concussion treatment at the Browns facility. The center of so much drama over his first two NFL seasons, Manziel is now more likely to be released by Cleveland than play another season for the Browns.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports Tuesday that Griffin III—Washington’s Rookie of the Year turned backup quarterback—has similar desires.

“Sources close to each player have maintained since the beginning of last offseason that if either was cut loose from his franchise, there was a belief that Jones would be interested,” Robinson wrote. “That remains to be seen. Regardless, the same sources have told Yahoo Sports that both Manziel and Griffin have Dallas atop their preferred destinations should they become available.”

It’s easy to see why both Manziel and Griffin III would want to play in Dallas. Both players are loved within the state, as Griffin III won the Heisman for Baylor in 2011 before Manziel took home the award for Texas A&M a year later. There’s also the age and health of current Cowboys starting quarterback Tony Romo, which could open up the opportunity to play—potentially sooner rather than later. Rehabbing a lost career for “America’s Team” would be a dream come true for both players.

Also, the Cowboys’ never-ending nightmare at backup quarterback in 2015 proved the franchise needs a capable No. 2 behind Romo, especially for 2016.

The question now is: Would either player be worth it for the Cowboys?

Owner Jerry Jones nearly pulled the trigger on drafting Manziel in 2014, but he’s been a constant headache for the Browns. Griffin III looked like the next big thing after a superlative rookie season, but injuries and problems with coaching staffs created a lost 2015 season in which he didn’t play in a single game.

They both have talent. They’ve both submarined promising careers. Maybe Dallas really is the best place for Manziel and Griffin III. Buckle up for another crazy offseason with these two quarterbacks and their shared preference in a landing spot in Texas.

if i'm the Cowboys...I take RGIII all day long and twice on Sundays.

I still maintain he can be a top-half QB.

Behind Dallas' offensive line, with Dez Bryant and Jason Witten to throw to, and DMC in the backfield? That's a scary talented offense. As long as you don't run RG3 into the dirt, he can shine. Implement heavy stretch zone-read PA with the occasional naked bootleg, and establish a nice run/pass balance....RG3 can tear up defenses by going over the top to Dez, hitting underneath to Witten, or stretching the field horizontally with some smart QB runs.

maybe it's because i'm borderline insane, but this news didn't even make me flinch. slightly amused, appreciate the creativity and definitely honored he named himself after me, but other than that this changes nothing for me.

McCown, JmfM, Goff...1,2,3 2016

to anyone who wants Austin Davis or Connor Shaw ahead of Johnny, it's a safe bet you would absolutely hate me irl.

just harmless fun imo, hey John, pass that shit over here.

the Johnny Manziel story took a bizarre turn Monday night when ESPN Las Vegas reported that Manziel went to a popular nightclub wearing a blonde wig, fake mustache, fake glasses and a hoodie while in Vegas.

It gets better: He identified himself as "Billy," reports say. And according to Will Burge of WTAM AM/1100, there is video of Manziel in the disguise.

Source: http://www.cleveland.com/johnny-manziel/index.ssf/2016/01/johnny_billy_manziel_becomes_a.html

go go....go johnny go.. go.....go johnny go....johnny be blonde.....heheheheheeeeeee

If this IS TRUE... Manziel is a funny motherfucker.

my guess is half the team did the same and want the fuck out of cleveland as fast as possible.

heh heh heh... just wait till jackass moron haslem implements his moneyball scheme...heh heh heh....wooooooo....this is going to be hilarious...i can't wait...hehehheeeeeeee

The lying to coaches and disguises are desperate acts by a very mixed up person.

aside from JW Gacy's clown uniform, name one serial killer that wears/has worn disguises?

and OJ?? REALLY? show me evidence of that happening EVER.

terrible and embarrassing examples of...bad examples.

know who wears disguises in America the most? celebs. not serial killers, just famous peeps who don't want recognized. and some thieves casing houses. but mostly the former...and Halloween enthusiasts.

does comparing Manziel to serial killers and murderers help you justify your dislike for him more?

some of you need to smoke a joint and get laid, preferably in that order. uuuuuuup tight like the pole up in your asses.

If this IS TRUE... Manziel is a funny motherfucker.

Yep...that's what I want in my teams QB....a guy who's a funny motherfucker who disappears from his team and doesn't show up for team required treatments. But he's got dillholes like you supporting him so enjoy watching him play in the CFL. How's Trent Richardson doing these days...according to you he was the 2nd coming of Walter Payton and Jim Brown combined.

Yep...that's what I want in my teams QB....a guy who's a funny motherfucker who disappears from his team and doesn't show up for team required treatments. But he's got dillholes like you supporting him so enjoy watching him play in the CFL. How's Trent Richardson doing these days...according to you he was the 2nd coming of Walter Payton and Jim Brown combined.

lol touché!! he's got you there, Po!

if it's any consolation, my true hope is that my ideal QB lineup by mid season 2016 is Goff, McCown, JmfM...in that order.

so what about as the 3rd QB, Mark? talent-wise he very well might be the best 3rd string backup in the league. would be nice to have around in October after the first two go down injured. just saying. no one would fault the team for not starting him, and he does have value keeping him for a backup. in that role they may be able to contain his antics down to a very minor and manageable distraction.

excited to see what the Tri-Lamb collective decides about his metrics.

I honestly think we could get a conditional 4th or 5th out of Jerry. He likes the kid and has occasionally given him decent seats in Jerryworld I believe. Jerry also thinks he is able to take on head cases and make players out of them. JM would be a perfect fit.

The problem is that the Browns can't trade him until the draft in late April.

I was behind Johnny & still think the talent is there, but the drama, distractions, & negative perceptions of the Browns have to go. As long as he is here, those negatives stay.

What will Jerry spend? Will the Browns cut him, trade him, or keep him? CAN they afford to wait until draft day?

We'll just have to wait & see what the new FO decides.

Mike

Full disclosure: Teams I'd love Billy boy to land with. Steelers, Cowboys & Patriots. I have every confidence that when Billy boy said "let's wreck this league" he was referring to ruining one team at a time.

I don't know why any GM would want to give up a draft pick for someone that they could just wait and pick up in FA. The Cowboys have the 4th pick anyways they could easily trade up or stay put drafting a QB with more talent and less baggage.

Anyone talk to Phil yet ?

Browns fan (Phil) reacts to Manziel pick:

I sorta threw up when the pick was announced. Fact.

never saw anyone on concussion protocol put on a wig and mustache.....man o man...cmon man.....

He was concussed, and not himself. Really, just call him Johnny Devious.

Sadly though, he is the most "entertainment value" of this franchise. Although the poster-boy of all that has gone wrong with this franchise since 1996 ... and that is really saying something to be vaulted at the top of that class at this stage of the fiasco. I'm starting to really like this guy now. He's freaking crazy! I'm not sure that I'm sane, or you're sane (for being here, still engaged in this franchise). I was numb, but now I'm glued to this circus ... this is unbelievable.

Stan- I was on record when they drafted JFF- "You draft him, you're bringing the circus to town along with him." TOOT, TOOT, hate to blow my own horn, but damned if I wasn't right. Enjoy the Circus while you can, it's leaving town shortly.

or maybe he just thought he could get away with it with the instagram post saying he was in avon and all, and being slick.

or maybe the kid is just a crazy alcoholic, mentally unstable, the biggest bust of the century, and the next ryan leaf.

I vote for the former, and he'll never be as big a bust as Leaf- he was drafted around 18 slots lower.

Not surprised at all. Bill Belichick's scouting report about the "outlaw Manziels" was correct after all. Johnny's displaying a dangerous combination of alcoholism and privilege. His family's always considered themselves above the law so sucker Jimmy forces his front office and coaching staff to draft this jerk (reports now say Carr was Pettine's preferred QB) and this is how he repays Haslam.

Botttomline is it serves Haslam right but now we have many families losing their jobs without recompense (junior coaching staff, front office grunts) because of this selfish pr**k.

Yeah- assuming Pettine is right about Carr, then Haslam repays him for being right by firing him. :(

Acting like a jackass and lying to your team about where you are and what you're doing and trying to cover it up isn't exactly going to endear him to other team owners and coaches.

Johnny is in serious denial about his substance abuse problem. (or maybe not) If the report about him showing up Wednesday for the qb meeting smashed is true (I don't doubt it) JFF may have said to himself- screw it- I know I'm f**ked. Mark- it's D-Nile, and then lying to cover it up on top of it- classic behavior.

Did you know he's hiding out in his home in Avon Lake with a sheet on his door. FanSided showed a picture of his front door that was published by TMZ.

THEY ALSO POSTED A PIC OF HIM SHOPPING FOR WINE AND POTATO CHIPS

Doesn't TMZ have anything better to do.

Archived