THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

OK, this is the line that is indeed laughable:

The news of a potential comeback comes just a day after Manziel told Judge Roberto Canas that he was cautious of working with the NFL due to how the league has handled player issues in the past, per Naheed Rajwani of the Dallas Morning News.

Manziel is cautious of how the league has handled player issues in the past.

Is that like fucking for real?

Dude needs to go to Canada.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Rappaport on NFL Total Access tonight reports there will be several teams interested in him as a backup.

Ag & Ag only. It's 2015. week 1 McC goes copter spin. week 2 JM beats Tits 28-14. week 3 Oakland comes to town & Pet with Shanny decides to go back to JMc in loss. was this the point JM was lost too? seemed like he really went down the drain from here, almost against the whole org than lead to abuse than to Billy?

Ag & Ag only. It's 2015. week 1 McC goes copter spin. week 2 JM beats Tits 28-14. week 3 Oakland comes to town & Pet with Shanny decides to go back to JMc in loss. was this the point JM was lost too? seemed like he really went down the drain from here, almost against the whole org than lead to abuse than to Billy?

I will make no excuses for someone who sought solace in a bottle regardless of the decisions made by the Browns. At this point in time he just needs to take care of his own house and do his best to take advantage of any second chance he may get from another team.

So who's the bigger risk, Manziel or Gordon?

I think they are both equally high risk at this point, but expectations for Gordon out of the gate would be much higher as a starter rather than Manziel as a backup.

The one with the less talent. Guess who. There IS a reason they have not yet released Gordon. And there was a reason they did release JMZ

I think there is a lot of truth to that. Not to mention. For as much of a dipshit Gordon is, he's not a distraction to the team or an embarassment to the organization like TMZ Johnny fuckhead.

Ian Rappaport on NFL Total Access tonight reports there will be several teams interested in him as a backup.

Because that has worked out so well twice now...

I think they are both equally high risk at this point, but expectations for Gordon out of the gate would be much higher as a starter rather than Manziel as a backup.

OMFG... You, sir, need another rehab stint...

The one with the less talent. Guess who. There IS a reason they have not yet released Gordon. And there was a reason they did release JMZ

And that reason is nothing more than it costs them nothing more than dealing with his updates in life and media questions.

Johnny on the field wasn't terrible overall. Some learning curves, but we've seen much worse.

Johnny off the field was a complete and utter disaster.

If the latter can be fixed, the former can carve out a niche somewhere doing something...even if it is holding the clipboard.

And that reason is nothing more than it costs them nothing more than dealing with his updates in life and media questions.

Right. It costs them nothing but what you say. And it wouldn't even cost them that if they let him go. So...there is a reason they don't let him go.....because they may still want him.

Johnny on the field wasn't terrible overall. Some learning curves, but we've seen much worse.

If the latter can be fixed, the former can carve out a niche somewhere doing something...even if it is holding the clipboard.

Johnny lacks the mental makeup to be an "NFL" player let alone , be an NFL QB.

We have seen much worse.....which is pretty sad.

Hasn't he lost a bunch of weight and gained a bunch of new tats?

No way any NFL team will give him a chance, he'd have to start in Canada first.

2 years ago I said he would be Johnny Canada and someone (bleacher report blog guy?) said I was an idiot and I had no idea what I was talking about.

Hasn't he lost a bunch of weight and gained a bunch of new tats?

No way any NFL team will give him a chance, he'd have to start in Canada first.

2 years ago I said he would be Johnny Canada and someone (bleacher report blog guy?) said I was an idiot and I had no idea what I was talking about.

With as bad as the QB play is in the league, I wouldn't be surprised to see some team give him a shot in camp.

Or you're just incapable of being objective.

If you think Manziel was the worst QB we've had on the field over the last 15 years...you're extremely mistaken. I wouldn't even put him top ten worst.

Ok...just for fun...who would be the top 10 worst? I'd think Ken Dorsey has to be on that list. Spergeon Wynn as well.

Or you're just incapable of being objective.

If you think Manziel was the worst QB we've had on the field over the last 15 years...you're extremely mistaken. I wouldn't even put him top ten worst.

Give me the 10 before him. Johnny had trouble with the playbook and spitting out call strings. That alone puts him up there.

I think you have to give JM his Clint-Longley-esque moments in the TN game... even when they were prompting "I guess coaching is overrated" comments from the staff... but then Clint Longley never made it as a starter either.

Aside: I never knew Clint was taken by the Bengals in Rnd 1 of the '74 Supplemental draft before somehow ending up on the 'Boys' roster.

That description raises so many possibilities...

But you may be talking about my old buddy, MikeyH...

Archived