THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me the 10 before him. Johnny had trouble with the playbook and spitting out call strings. That alone puts him up there.

A drunk and high rookie from a primarily Air Raid offense had trouble with the playbook and "call strings"? That's a shocker.

He showed more progression and promise in his eight starts than Quinn did in his 20. Or Weeden in his 20. Or pretty much any one of the stable of journeymen we've had cycling through here.

It's pretty bad when a drunk, high rookie who can't even puke out the plays to his teammates can magically post a better career rating than you.

He had eight starts?

He was pretty good in that game in Pittsburgh. The rest weren't too hot.

I thought he showed alot of guts at KC. No help anywhere else

A drunk and high rookie from a primarily Air Raid offense had trouble with the playbook and "call strings"? That's a shocker.

He showed more progression and promise in his eight starts than Quinn did in his 20. Or Weeden in his 20. Or pretty much any one of the stable of journeymen we've had cycling through here.

It's pretty bad when a drunk, high rookie who can't even puke out the plays to his teammates can magically post a better career rating than you.

What progression? Certainly wasn't much to quantify.

Still waiting on the other 8.

Don't let your inability to read get in the way of your perfectly crafted microdick retort.

Bringing up retorts such as you using the old 'well hes better than you'...

Get off my dick and while you're at it, Johnny's.

You said you could put a list together of 10 lesser QB's and you've produced 20% of that list. Don't take your wannabe hardass aggression out on me for asking you to stick to what you said you would do.

Who is #7? Wynn? Wallace? Delhomme?

Bringing up retorts such as you using the old 'well hes better than you'...

Get off my dick and while you're at it, Johnny's.

You said you could put a list together of 10 lesser QB's and you've produced 20% of that list. Don't take your wannabe hardass aggression out on me for asking you to stick to what you said you would do.

Who is #7? Wynn? Wallace? Delhomme?

The "you" was in reference to Quinn and Weeden. I think I also said "basically every journeyman QB we've had".

Now maybe I'm bad at math... but I think that's more than 20%.

Maybe he will end up with the Raiders. They are trying to move to Vegas, and that's where Johnny likes to go anyway.

(Sarcasm alert) What could go wrong?

Seriously, even before SHTF, I thought that his skill set was better suited to the CFL. I still think so. Probably less temptation in Saskatchewan or Ottawa than Vegas, and you know the NFL, if he played well for one year up there and had no incidents, a team needing a QB at that time might see him as a way to win and give him a shot. They'd give anyone guilty of a crime short of murder a shot, and maybe even then if they only did it once and promised not to do it again, and could possibly help a team win.

Johnny lacks the mental makeup to be an "NFL" player let alone , be an NFL QB.

Unfortunately I think that's truly the case. I also think the Johnny is a very intelligent young man and is probably capable of putting on a great front and convincing someone that he's ready for a second chance. I fear he wants that second chance because he's just about out of money and the fame, which he craves, has all but evaporated. For a guy who was the center of attention for so long it has to be humiliating selling autographs and selfies.

That being said I believe it's possible for a guy to come face-to-face with reality even at this early stage of life and just maybe that can be the impetus to get his shit together and polish up what's left of the talent that got him where he is.

WSS

Maybe he will end up with the Raiders. They are trying to move to Vegas, and that's where Johnny likes to go anyway.

(Sarcasm alert) What could go wrong?

Seriously, even before SHTF, I thought that his skill set was better suited to the CFL. I still think so. Probably less temptation in Saskatchewan or Ottawa than Vegas, and you know the NFL, if he played well for one year up there and had no incidents, a team needing a QB at that time might see him as a way to win and give him a shot. They'd give anyone guilty of a crime short of murder a shot, and maybe even then if they only did it once and promised not to do it again, and could possibly help a team win.

Hey, ya hoser. You think they don't party in Ottawa and Saskatchewan eh? One of the craziest pary nights I ever had was in Saskatoon, eh. And in Ottawa they party in two languages eh. And ask WSS about his days of touring Canada.

He showed more progression

The next time JFF shows any ability at going through his progression [to be clear: Moving through the multiple receivers in the play, in order, as the play is designed] will be the first. He has never shown any ability at that skill.. which is just one of the basic elements of NFL quarterbacking.

This shouldn't deserve any more threads. JFF is a failure as an NFL quarterback.. period, dot, move on.

The next time JFF shows any ability at going through his progression [to be clear: Moving through the multiple receivers in the play, in order, as the play is designed] will be the first. He has never shown any ability at that skill.. which is just one of the basic elements of NFL quarterbacking.

This shouldn't deserve any more threads. JFF is a failure as an NFL quarterback.. period, dot, move on.

Hence the reason I didn't say "he showed the ability to go through his progressions".

He himself showed progression, which is the process of developing or moving gradually towards a more advanced state. He got better in his limited time, as opposed to QB's like Weeden and Quinn who showed stagnation or, even worse, regression in their time here.

Luckily, you have no say in what gets a thread and what doesn't. So we'll probably just continue to talk about him attempting a comeback somewhere whether your bruised pussy can handle it or not.

Don't forget that Johnny started to show some signs of life at the very end of his Cleveland days. Now, he by NO MEANS set the world on fire, but he definitely displayed some arm talent and the ability to move the ball down the field. He struggled in the red zone (if I remember correctly), but that is extremely common for young QB's. I remember a definite air of electricity when he was in the game, and it really did feel like he was making some progress. His arm is live, he can make throws off the run, he can scramble for big yards, and he has a dependable deep ball. Those are some of the reasons why teams would be interested in working him out. I've said it a few times, but I'll say it again. It's extremely unfortunate that Johnny couldn't hold it together because I think he's just about perfect for the type of offense Hue Jackson likes to run. He can run read-option, he can attack the middle of the field, he can throw to the TE, and he can throw it deep.

Now, I don't need to go into the reasons why teams WOULDN'T want to try Johnny out in camp. We all know them, and we've all SEEN THEM. I root for people like Johnny that wrestle with demons. It's very easy to criticize people for throwing away their talent and acting like assholes, and certainly Johnny bares the lion's share of blame for his actions. However, if he's truly an addict, it's not totally his fault. What IS his fault is his failure to address the issue earlier. To continue working on his condition. To seek out the assistance and medical treatment necessary to maintain recovery.

He didn't elaborate or say which teams, but here is an interesting speculation.

http://thepewterplank.com/2017/03/08/johnny-manziel-buccaneers/

Buccaneers: Johnny Manziel to Tampa Not Such a Bad Idea

lmao... JFF and Jameis on a boys' nite out... What could go wrong?

One thing for sure... I'm signing up for the forum of any team signing lil' Johnny...

Buccaneers: Johnny Manziel to Tampa Not Such a Bad Idea

lmao... JFF and Jameis on a boys' nite out... What could go wrong?

One thing for sure... I'm signing up for the forum of any team signing lil' Johnny...

Crab legs in Vegas.........................................not that there is anything wrong with that. :lol:

Saw another report on an Aggie site attributed to SI that has JM going to either N.O. or G.B. for a summer camp tryout as a backup.

Well.....Winnipeg is not so far from Green Bay. He should be going their first. Maybe the Blue Bombers need a QB.

Problem is some of these assholes have egos the size of a John Holmes hard on. Their ego gets in the way of what is really likely best for them.

Tim Tebow CAN'T make it as an NFL QB....so he goes to tryout in baseball with the Mets? Pure egotistical. He could maybe do good with the Arena League or the CFL....but his ego is too fucking big to allow him to consider that. He is only going to humiliate himself (like yesterday....2 strikeouts and a GIDP).

Same with Manziel. Get thee to Canada you twerp. Your game could be highly suited for the style of play there. (moreso than even Tebow). Don't let your fucking ego get in the way of doing something that is best for you. Go up there. Learn to play. Learn to be a pro...then come back here in a few years and try out if you must....ala Doug Flutie. You still may not be worth spit...but you will have played the game at a level that suits you. If you don't do that...you to deserve to suffer the humiliation of being cut/ignored by all NFL teams you pissant.

I see a reality TV show in their future... only question is E or Bravo...

Submit your working title below.... think I'll start with: Bringing Up Billy

Archived