THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

The circle of Cowboy fans i know dont feel entitlement. It has been a long time since the Cowboys were a real contender. Of course you have your homer fans but i think most see it for what it is. A once proud franchise being held hostage by an ego driven owner motivated by ratings and money. Being mediocre is hard because nothing changes. At least when you hit rock bottom you can only go upwards...i think.

BTW, Aikman wasnt a pussy. That dude stood in the pocket and took shots that most QBs wouldnt get up from. Of course today he drives me nuts when he commentates, lol

Yea losing Lee is a huge blow. Cowboys top 3 defensive players are gone. D-Ware, Hatcher and now Lee on a defense that was 31st last year. If Romo gets hurt and Weeden has to start it could be an ugly season...sorry the doom and gloom lol!

Hahaha you're dead on with that last sentence.

As for Aikman, my Dad worked with a former Cowboys cheerleader who went on a date with Aikman during his heyday. They ended up back in Henryetta at his parents house, which is odd in and of itself, but I digress. He was a complete dick to his Mom while they were there and he ended up getting bitch slapped by his mom in front of a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. That is why I view Aikman as a bitch.

As a QB he was good.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t believe in the bible, but i always like the part where it says if you are doing something good, do it in private because if you do it openly you are looking for praise, which in itself is self-serving. Not saying those in the photo are. I am sure their morals are a million times better than Johnny the devil Manziel.

I think the reason many old Brown fans don’t like Manziel is because he is glitz and glam. I come from the Dallas Cowboys aka Americas Team, i love that stuff. Cleveland is gonna have to adjust.

Yup, we know JF has done a good deed or two while at A&M. He also has a rep as a Party Animal, which caused some teams to pass on him. His latest Vegas junket won't help him much in minimizing that rep. However, Cleveland is the anti- Dallas, and he's going to have a lot of oldsters (many who just happen to have Club Seats and Luxury Boxes at the Stadium) who won't like his act. If he continues as is- Cleveland fans will love Johnny the Football player (assuming he's all his Heisman legacy says he is)- but a sizable percentage won't care for Johnny the person much.

Cleveland is not going to become Manzieled. Manziel is going to become Clevelanded.

Just like when guys like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss went to New England they became good soldiers, that's the kind of ship Pettine will run. Johnny will fit in and excel.

You have a circus in Dallas because the guy in charge is a circus clown.

Manziel will do things the Browns way. Mike Pettine's way.

Z

Have a feeling he's going to hear about it from the coaching staff Z? I do.

Never say never.

Publicity can motivate. You or your opponent.

Therefore, it can have an effect on play.

Johnny's publicity has already motivated several opposing NFL linebackers who want to be the first to send him to the sidelines.

The circle of Cowboy fans i know dont feel entitlement. It has been a long time since the Cowboys were a real contender. Of course you have your homer fans but i think most see it for what it is. A once proud franchise being held hostage by an ego driven owner motivated by ratings and money. Being mediocre is hard because nothing changes. At least when you hit rock bottom you can only go upwards...i think.

BTW, Aikman wasnt a pussy. That dude stood in the pocket and took shots that most QBs wouldnt get up from. Of course today he drives me nuts when he commentates, lol

Yea losing Lee is a huge blow. Cowboys top 3 defensive players are gone. D-Ware, Hatcher and now Lee on a defense that was 31st last year. If Romo gets hurt and Weeden has to start it could be an ugly season...sorry the doom and gloom lol!

Go infamous 0-16 for Jameis. We-done starts for you guys, the top pick is easily in sight- man that guy sucks royally.

He partied like any other 21yr old on the planet, including me when I was that age. However I wasn't vying for one of only 32 jobs on the entire planet. JF is going to be scrutinized more than any other player that I can recall in any sport, and while not fair, it is the reality. He doesn't help himself posting about it, while Teddy Twatwater is already signed and completely immersed in the playbook........ Guess that's why he's still a 3rd stringer.

Word out of Minny, Bridgewater spend the weekend in the Viking's facility during this past weekend studying the playbooks.

First one in, last one out with one of the best OC to ever call plays.

No problem but I'd really like to know why the dicksmack deleted my thread titled "Thanks for your service" Maybe he is one of those flaming liberals who thinks we don't need our military.

Sometimes threads get combined into one? It has happened to me...

This is Brady Quinn 2.0.

Same chit all over again.

Why can't we learn from our mistakes and take a kid that's well grounded and works crazy hard at his craft. A guy that's proven in the college level??!

Oh right! We did have that guy on the CARD, until our idiot owner changed it in the last second.

My (belated) take on Manziel and the text ... who cares why we traded up to get him. If we traded up because of the text and it works out it won't matter. If we traded up because of the text and it doesn't work out it won't matter. Same goes for if we traded up because of our talent evaluations. If it works or doesn't work is all that matters.

My (belated) take on Manziel in Vegas ... ok

This is Brady Quinn 2.0.

Same chit all over again.

Why can't we learn from our mistakes and take a kid that's well grounded and works crazy hard at his craft. A guy that's proven in the college level??!

Oh right! We did have that guy on the CARD, until our idiot owner changed it in the last second.

Hitting the books doesn't equate to doing it on the field. No telling if Bridgewater can handle the NFL game yet. That goes for all NFL rookie qb's this year or in the past for any team.

I don’t believe in the bible, but i always like the part where it says if you are doing something good, do it in private because if you do it openly you are looking for praise...

I think the reason many old Brown fans don’t like Manziel is because he is glitz and glam. I come from the Dallas Cowboys aka Americas Team, i love that stuff. Cleveland is gonna have to adjust.

That's why God invented the 501C4...

I'd rather "adjust" to winning.

If he was smart he would gravitate to the lineman we drafted, Brian Boitano or whatever, he's huge and everyone says he's mean as hell. and he'll be protecting him on Sundays for years to come.

It was only a matter of time... :(

No Cowboys fans blow everything out of proportion not the media. The reason being y'all believe it's your God given right for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl every year. Is your owner responsible for fostering that belief? Of course, but y'all buy into it. I've spent enough time listening to your talk radio and it makes Steeler fans seem docile, if not civilized.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Cowboys as I became a football fan watching Emmitt and Irving tear up the NFL (Aikman is a pussy) and I'm a huge fan of Witten and especially Dez (he is a lot nicer in person than the media would lead you to believe, or at least he was in college.) However the doom and gloom the fanbase emanates is embarrassing, and this is coming from a Browns fan.

P.S the Lee injury is a shame. He's a hell of a player.

Cowboys are a mediocre team. Since 2000 their record is exactly .500 112-112.

They are popular because they were the originators fairly much of having tits and ass put on full display with their cheerleaders.

I respectfully disagree. I have been a member on a few Steeler boards and have seen Browns fans who were treated with respect when they banter like you do.

It's just like the misperception that going to a Steele/Browns game in Pittsburgh is just like going to one in Cleveland; it couldn't be more false. The Browns fans who go to games in Pittsburgh go with a chip on their shoulder and it doesn't take long, or too many beers, before they make their own trouble and then they say "see what I mean, Steeler fans are assholes". While Browns fans may see it as pompous, most Steeler fans see the Browns and their fans as pathetic, and almost feel sorry for them.....except when they get beer muscles.....then they get what they give. Browns fans see the Steelers and their fans as a burr under their saddle so they live their life with a chip on their shoulder. It makes sense, and it plays out every year, that the ones with the burr under their saddle are antagonistic both in Cleveland and in Pittsburgh.

I banter in a good way.. lol. THink a lot of us have football cabin fever.

This is all right on. While my prior post noted that the Cowboys are .500...they have never been really good or really bad. They are the epitome of mediocrity. Sometimes you have to suck swamp water to get really good. Being stuck in the middle can be a curse.

So, your solution: suck really bad this year....go like 3-13 and get into the upper echelon of the draft.

(but...of course, the downfall to that is that you have Jerry Jones as GM.....so if you do suck...I suspect the suckage will continue for some time).

No problem but I'd really like to know why the dicksmack deleted my thread titled "Thanks for your service" Maybe he is one of those flaming liberals who thinks we don't need our military.

It didnt get deleted, you dumb fuck, it got merged with another thread with a Memorial Day theme already started by a Browns fan.

I had a Father, three uncles and two grandfathers that served this Country during combat. Had another uncle that was killed in the D-Day invasion leaving his infant daughter, my cousin, fatherless. There was an article in American Heritage magazine about my family on the 50th anniversary of D-Day.

And they were all Democrats. You got a problem with that?

Zombo

I had my doubts about his motivation when I saw this. It's like he was saying "I've hit the big time baby" And while he has hit the big time, if he were my QB I would like to see him do something before he flashes money sign on the world's stage.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/johnny-manziel-money-sign

You do realize that he's not doing a "money sign" right?

Right?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/6/4700258/johnny-manziel-texas-am-president-drake-ovo-hand-signal

He may have merged it with the Memorial Day thread, which is on here, or moved it to one of the other non-football boards, Barbershop or Political Board.

I respectfully disagree. I have been a member on a few Steeler boards and have seen Browns fans who were treated with respect when they banter like you do.

It's just like the misperception that going to a Steele/Browns game in Pittsburgh is just like going to one in Cleveland; it couldn't be more false. The Browns fans who go to games in Pittsburgh go with a chip on their shoulder and it doesn't take long, or too many beers, before they make their own trouble and then they say "see what I mean, Steeler fans are assholes". While Browns fans may see it as pompous, most Steeler fans see the Browns and their fans as pathetic, and almost feel sorry for them.....except when they get beer muscles.....then they get what they give. Browns fans see the Steelers and their fans as a burr under their saddle so they live their life with a chip on their shoulder. It makes sense, and it plays out every year, that the ones with the burr under their saddle are antagonistic both in Cleveland and in Pittsburgh.

Actually, Browns fans see most Steeler fans as ignorant morons....who have no clue that the success their team enjoys is purely a stroke of luck for them. That it doesn't have a thing to do with their status as a "Steeler fan". Not all perhaps, maybe not you. Perhaps you see that it is merely the stability of your ownership and management that has allowed you to enjoy this luck. There is absolutely no other reason that you are not in the same boat as fans in similar cities like Buffalo/Detroit/Cleveland that have had poor luck.

Not that it matters, but Johnny flew Southwest to Vegas.

jff.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy the name Darren Rovell. This guy has been on JFF's jock for the better part of the last 18 months, and he doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon.

jff1.jpg

And for those who are wondering:

Brendan ‏@betterman712
Real nice guy. Glad I got to meet him! #gobrowns
BorLm8PIQAAQBZx.jpg

He later confirmed that Johnny was studying on the plane, as there were plenty of skeptics. Also, at least one media outlet asked if they could talk to him. Talk to him about sitting next to Johnny on a plane.
Unreal.

Archived