THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol... check the graphic at the 1:20 mark interview...

"Ellen Santana - miss bumbum Roraima 2013"

Apparently it's a contest for women who are packing enough material for two, normal sized bums.

That is what YOU think of when thinking of the Browns. I for one do not, and I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself.

Not saying he'll never be, but c'mon he's been on the team for less than a month now...

Face of the franchise? Really depends on who you are asking.

Among Browns fans I think you'd get lots of Thomas, Haden and even Gordon votes. Gordon would have had my vote if not for the pending suspension... guy had a monster season last year and is definitely our best proven impact player. Manziel will get some love here too but I would think most Browns fans aren't ready to say he's the face of the franchise until he's at least become our starting QB.

Among non Browns fans (NFL fans of other teams or in general) I would say like it or not Manziel is the face of the franchise. Actually hard to argue against that. Just go see how many Browns related articles there are on ESPN and other national media sites that DON'T center around Manziel. Say "Browns" to other football fans and they'll immediately start talking about Manziel. It is what it is.

crazy.

manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"

that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.

crazy.

manziel fans hate the media when johnny hates it (which is never IMO) but yet they use the media to validate "how many stories do you see about the browns without it being related to JF?" "therefor he has to be the face of the browns!"

that is what amazes me with the JF only fans. put the player above the team. no respect for anything else browns. it's johnny or nothing.

I support JFF because we drafted him. I did NOT want to draft him but hey... FO didn't listen to me.

With that said, I guess it depends on how you define what the face of the franchise is. If it's purely from a football perspective then I'm going with Haden. But that isn't who most NFL fans (outside of CLE fans) will think of when you start to talk about the Browns which is another definition you can use as the face of the franchise. I didn't make it that way.... it is what it is.

crazy.

I wish these JFF only piss ants would go to a JFF forum. I'm sure they have forums and fanboy pages all over the web for him. They make it hard to root for the guy because if he does succeed, 1. they will still be spewing shit on the forum and 2. it will be I told you so, I told you so...

crazy.

You don't give us a chance.

I don't say much about the Browns, because I don't know the Browns. They are in the AFC, I've followed the NFC all my life. They are hardly on television in this area of the country because they've sucked for 12 years or however long they've fielded a team this time.

I've watched JFF for two seasons, I know a little about him, so I comment about him more.

On the other hand...

If I just went about spewing ignorant thoughts about the Browns, I suppose I would fit right in....

In the meantime, could you guys please put on your big girl panties and get over people following the Browns because of JFF? Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.

I did NOT want to draft (JFF) but hey... FO didn't listen to me.

With that said, I guess it depends on how you define what the face of the franchise is.

Get a rope! ;)

Originally the franchise chose who was to be its "face" and put a photo of that player, or those players, in every ad. It's how the term was born.

Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.

Well... you're getting the insults down... so I guess that's something.

I wish these JFF only piss ants would go to a JFF forum. I'm sure they have forums and fanboy pages all over the web for him. They make it hard to root for the guy because if he does succeed, 1. they will still be spewing shit on the forum and 2. it will be I told you so, I told you so...

LOL-most of us have kept it to the Johnny Manziel thread as much as possible just for you. You don't have to read it you know. :P:lol:

there are plenty of JF on here that are respectful and not 'one-way' fans. they respect that this is a browns board first.

I don't say much about the Browns, because I don't know the Browns. They are in the AFC, I've followed the NFC all my life. They are hardly on television in this area of the country because they've sucked for 12 years or however long they've fielded a team this time.

see. you do nothing but prove my point.

I've watched JFF for two seasons, I know a little about him, so I comment about him more.

really? i've had dates that've lasted longer.

On the other hand...

If I just went about spewing ignorant thoughts about the Browns, I suppose I would fit right in....

once again just keep proving my point.....

In the meantime, could you guys please put on your big girl panties and get over people following the Browns because of JFF? Because right now you sound like you were born in Pittsburgh.

need i say more? i think it would be stupid to think any browns fan would want manziel to fail. we all want our draft picks to be awesome. the difference is no one is on here sucking justin gilbert's dick.

there are plenty of JF on here that are respectful and not 'one-way' fans. they respect that this is a browns board first.

On the other hand...

need i say more? i think it would be stupid to think any browns fan would want manziel to fail. we all want our draft picks to be awesome. the difference is no one is on here sucking justin gilbert's dick.

On the other hand...

If you are trying to say you like going either way, that's your own business.

And you mine.

The fruit or your hand?

Lighten up, Francis.

I never said anyone wanted Manziel to fail. I also haven't said you should worship him more than you worship the Browns. And you know no one is sucking Gilberts' dick how? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

LOL-most of us have kept it to the Johnny Manziel thread as much as possible just for you. You don't have to read it you know. :P:lol:

Well, there's that. LOL.

I think they just want to bitch. Kind of a namesake thing, I suppose.

Johnny Manziel. If he is a bust, you will all be gone. If he is a success you will flaunt it like you knew it. At least admit you are only JFF fans, not Browns fans. We know it already.

Admitted that on my first post. LOL.

Historically ambivalent on the Browns, but that can change.

JFF is the main reason I've started following them a bit. Historically have rooted for them if they were the underdog, so, I guess I have rooted for them a lot.

I suppose I could be like a lot of you guys, and take local pride in the players from all the other parts of the country they bring in to play for the Browns. Cleveland Rocks! YEAH!

Premature... possible, maybe even inevitable, but premature.

It's not premature to say that Manziel has overtaken Thomas and Haden as the face of the franchise because it has happened.

How many times have they been mentioned since the draft? How many times has Manziel been mentioned this week?

Like it or not, but the media chooses the face of the franchise. Not the fans. Not the players. Not the coaches.

The face of the Franchise are Paul Brown and Jim Brown. The team bears their name.

And there can be no argument about that.

Tow07d.jpg

Except that neither of them play for the team, so your statement is invalid.

Copying and pasting certain bits to fit your argument doesn't make your stance valid.

I think that a lot of fans expect him to come in and instantly be the savior. That is a lot of pressure to put on any rookie. To me his playing style translates more to the CFL than the NFL, and the single player he reminds me of most is Doug Flutie, who ended up a journeyman NFL QB, though great fun to watch. I think that five years from now, Manziel will either be on the way to a HOF career, a backup for another NFL team, or playing in the CFL. I just don't know which will happen.

Wonder if he will start week one? Anyone notice that the Steelers defense is much younger now except for the safeties?

Johnny Manziel is actually a lot similar to RGIII.

ha. I didn't say it.

Kyle Shannahan did. Haven't seen it posted,

and no way I start another JF thread...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/30/kyle-shanahan-johnny-manziel-is-very-similar-to-rgiii/

i was going to say something smart assed like why don't you go to a manziel forum and leave us alone

BUT there isn't any JF forums.

why is that?

They are all here just to annoy you?

Sweetheart, I get the sense you would be annoyed anyway about something.

really? the face of the franchise? GTFO.

even though i know a lot of people in the media game and dealt with them for years it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they all got flushed down the toilet.

what a bunch of garbage.

Face it Mik....We are Johnny Football.

Embrace it.

Archived