THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Pettine today said on NFL Total Access that Johnny had come to him asking permission in advance for theVegas trip, "And I told him to go and have a lot of fun."

And in answer to the critics he started him with the 2's and then ran him with the 1's.

Now that is what I call a coach supporting his player!

Coach Pettine today said on NFL Total Access that Johnny had come to him asking permission in advance for theVegas trip, "And I told him to go and have a lot of fun."

And in answer to the critics he started him with the 2's and then ran him with the 1's.

Also saw an interview with the Shanahan, had nothing but good stuff to say. "Studying day and night, good attitude." I think there is just a false assumption that if a player has some attitude and showmanship about them, that they arent hard workers. It's an assumption that has some previous examples to back it up, but it just doesnt apply to this guy.

Personally, i love the prospect (and at this point, its ONLY a prospect) of having a guy that will be sensational player that the rest of the league HATES. Probably just my personality.

Surprised Rovell didn't report that JFF inducted Mandy MILF into the Mile-High Club. Get used to that parasite Rovell, he's been dogging Manziel for over a year.

You mean there's an even bigger JF fan than the guy we has to give a time out to? OTOH, maybe that just could be Rovell- ya never know around here. :)

You beat me to that one- nice of Manziel to ask before he took off. There's a 9 minute interview on the Browns website- he's saying and doing all the right things- so far.

As I understand it, per league rules after the rookie mini the Browns (or any team) were not allowed to "block" national media from any functions. So I'm not seeing this enlightened reversal the article goes on about.

We had a saying in the military, work hard, play hard. As long as you can perform it doesn't matter.

In the Army in 'Nam, it was easy. Long a favorite saying of mine & when questioned about that attitude, I just explained it as, "I might not even be here tomorrow, so I live today as if it's my last day on earth".

I salute Johnny as he sure seems to embody the "Work hard, play hard" philosophy.

Mike

As I understand it, per league rules after the rookie mini the Browns (or any team) were not allowed to "block" national media from any functions. So I'm not seeing this enlightened reversal the article goes on about.

Yeah. If it were up to the higher ups, nobody would be in attendance for any practice.

Also, if you're going to post an article, have the balls to at least call it your own.

really? the face of the franchise? GTFO.

even though i know a lot of people in the media game and dealt with them for years it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they all got flushed down the toilet.

what a bunch of garbage.

really? the face of the franchise? GTFO.

even though i know a lot of people in the media game and dealt with them for years it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if they all got flushed down the toilet.

what a bunch of garbage.

Who would you say is the face of the franchise?

Players. Current players.

None of this, "every player is the face of the franchise" bologna.

Every team has a marquee player. Some have two.

I'd agree with that. They were the best players the Browns had for the last 5-8 years.

But now it's Manziel.

haden and thomas, i agree.

one day it could be JF, maybe sooner than later.

you can't just tag a guy the face of the franchise when he hasn't taken a snap yet.

I don't think you have a choice. The "face" is what people think of when they think of the browns. That's Manziel.

I'm not saying it's right or logical, but that's the truth. I understand marketing other players on billboards and stuff, probably best until a guy makes a pro bowl or wins a playoff game.

I don't think you have a choice. The "face" is what people think of when they think of the browns. That's Manziel.

I'm not saying it's right or logical, but that's the truth. I understand marketing other players on billboards and stuff, probably best until a guy makes a pro bowl or wins a playoff game.

That is what YOU think of when thinking of the Browns. I for one do not, and I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself.

Not saying he'll never be, but c'mon he's been on the team for less than a month now...

I just sit here and laugh. You guys have no idea what your about to witness in Manziel. Just no idea at all. Get ready for great times. Oh and bookmark this if ya feel like it.

No need to bookmark, I don't think any of us will forget the 143rd Texas A&M fan to join the site and tell us how great our quarterback is going to be.

Zombo

Archived