THE BROWNS BOARD

Roseanne now in the crosshairs

3 hours ago, Axe said:

So, why hasn't "The View" been canceled?

why? because they can't stand Trump and make fun of him? Apprently you watch the view so you must know something us heterosexuals do not. So show us where these ladies said something remotely close to calling a woman an ape...??

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Perhaps you're right, but unscientifically, I feel more on the left actually believe that horseshit. 

I guess, unscientifically, you're free to have whatever opinion you choose. But if this board is any indication, there are people on the right that legitimately  believed it towards figures on the left as well

4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Look how mainstream the acceptance that Trump is an actual nazi is on the left. 

Who, that is "mainstream", actually believes Trump is a Nazi? I mean, there was that whole rally of actual Nazis that overlapped some with his support, where  he didn't exactly distance himself from it. But he just came off as tone deaf, per usual, but not an actual Nazi himself. 

30 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah the lefties would never do anything in poor taste. This is pretty fuked up.

WSS

I don't think anyone on here claimed they wouldn't...  but I'm not sure how that excuses Roseanne 

I also like the title of the thread. "Roseanne now in the crosshairs". Ignoring the fact she grabbed the barrel of the gun and held it up to her face. 

8 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Stuart

Riiiiiight

Enlighten yourself further...

Google "kill Barak Obama" images.

Then Google  "kill George Bush"  images.

Sanctimonious libtards  atop their perch of moral superiority are clearly the most vile, the most violent, and the most racist.

Nah I'm good, chief. 

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I guess, unscientifically, you're free to have whatever opinion you choose. But if this board is any indication, there are people on the right that legitimately  believed it towards figures on the left as well

Who, that is "mainstream", actually believes Trump is a Nazi? I mean, there was that whole rally of actual Nazis that overlapped some with his support, where  he didn't exactly distance himself from it. But he just came off as tone deaf, per usual, but not an actual Nazi himself. 

Let's just start here, shall we?

F595D001-C57B-4359-A2AB-BA55537AB141.jpeg.52008b1e39c5f40dcc2a4471b8c167ad.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Let's just start here, shall we?

F595D001-C57B-4359-A2AB-BA55537AB141.jpeg.52008b1e39c5f40dcc2a4471b8c167ad.jpeg

Did he say that while affiliated with any news group? I thought you meant "mainstream media" or whatever you kids are calling it these days. Maybe there are more people spouting off on Twitter than I thought. Either way, it's clear a phrase thrown around by both sides. 

18 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Who, exactly, defended it?

Not you man, don't worry. You're above that.

And no, no one on here has outright said "this is fine." I'm inferring some. Not ideally, I get it. But I've been reading Sheet on here long enough. Feel free to disagree with that conclusion if you'd like.

shows over fgts. its gettin ugly between the cast and roseanne. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/roseanne-trashes-former-cast-members-‘you-throw-me-under-the-bus’/ar-AAy1fEX?li=BBnb7Kz

so yeah, "roseanne barr" will go to fox, but its gonna be fox news where she's going to be a commentator, like ted nugent. another nobody now that nobody cares about. 

or maybe they do some utterly ghoulish recast where her husband is black and they have bi racial children. i would prob waych an episode or two of that just for the hot mess.

32 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

So anyone darker than white is protected from all mockery? Or only animal based insults? Nah. Everyone can get fu¢ked. I don't believe in protecting anyone's feelings. 

You're free to insult who you want, and you're free to deal with the consequences. 

No, it's clearly not all mockery. Calling a black person an ape has a history of being treated like a subhuman behind it. There's more weight to it. It's not the same as calling Bush a monkey cuz you think he's stupid or looks funny. Though I guess that's just my opinion, but also seems to be the opinion of please type of other people as well. 

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're free to insult who you want, and you're free to deal with the consequences. 

No, it's clearly not all mockery. Calling a black person an ape has a history of being treated like a subhuman behind it. There's more weight to it. It's not the same as calling Bush a monkey cuz you think he's stupid or looks funny. Though I guess that's just my opinion, but also seems to be the opinion of please type of other people as well. 

So in your world its okay for Bill Maher to call trump an orangutan? 

image.thumb.png.b5fd6d3493fdc1d080348431f3936519.png

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/30/roseanne-fans-call-for-bill-maher-to-be-fired-after-joked-trump-is-part-orangutan.html

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Nah no one will ever be equal if one group of people has to be treated with kid gloves like special children. 

16 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Nah no one will ever be equal if one group of people has to be treated with kid gloves like special children. 

I think calling a black person a monkey is very clearly different. Again, because of the history there, that we're still digging out from. People legitimately calling black people apes because they were slaves and seen as subhuman. The entire race. Not just someone you think is dumb of oafish. 

You can call it special treatment, I call it giving weight to past history. One day, sure, but I don't think we're there. 

So at what point are black people going to collectively decide that they're allowed to be over the past? There's a lot of bad Sheet in human history. A lot of groups that have fared poorly at the hands of some other group. Most of them have managed to overcome. 

Archived