THE BROWNS BOARD

Cory Coleman Traded

darren15

I think Ratley made the team with that long pass catch from Mayfield last week.

Coleman was traded the moment he dropped the wide open sideline pass from the Kaiser.  It was a matter of when, not if.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now who was the person on here who thought it was stupid when I suggested right after last season ended that Coleman's days with the Browns were probably numbered? 😁

The lack of success of Browns first-rounders since '99 is staggering. Absolutely staggering. This team in the last few regimes has moved around and accumulated so many first-rounders, with virtually nothing to show for it. 

To put that in a recent perspective, with this trade not single first round pick from 2012-2016 is still on the roster. That's with the Browns drafting the 2nd most 1st round picks in the time frame. 

Pathetic to say the least.

10 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Dorsey ain't F'n around. 

Likely means they're impressed with Higgins and Callaway,  and that Gordon is coming back soon 

I agree.  CJ Board is also having a good camp.  It seems pretty clear that Coleman was going to have a hard time making the team.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I absolutely hate this. I said months ago, as did many of us, that trading Corey doesn't make sense. Why trade a 1st round pick who only played two years with a broken hand AND never got to play with a real qb? You're never going to get anything close to comparable value! What did we get? A 5th round pick? Who CARES ABOUT A 5TH ROUND PICK? How often do those guys make a difference?! So stupid. 

One of the main beneficiaries of the Landry trade would have been Coleman, extremely short sighted to give him up for basically Shmuck all

He was cheap, working hard, looking better lately, and could have come into his own at any time.  What's the value in trading him NOW?  I just don't get it.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

OK, I have in the past- made mention of the fact Coleman has missed a significant number of games due to injury, but not this time. If you think I was mocking the guy, you'd be wrong. 

Didn’t mean to directly aim the mocking comment towards you but rather a general attitude some have towards a player who is injury prone, like there’s some kind of malice towards the guy. I get it, physical sport and some guys’ bodies ain’t cut out for it. Call a spade a spade and move on but no need to bash a guy for it.

lmao....a #15 overall pick produces absolutely nothing.....jesus. That has to go down as the biggest screw up of the sashi era yet.

Meanwhile, our wide reciever group looks pretty weak- we have the king of the bubble screen, a 4th round pick rookie, and a guy who has been in the nfl 7 years but has been good in one of them like 5 years ago....

thats not a strong group

I do NOT think we are signing Dez. I DO think Gordon will be starting game 1. I think Coleman was expendable, Sashi blew that draft, let's deal with it and enjoy what Dorsey is putting together.

Our WRs will be formidable.

Gordon in the X, Landry in the slot, Callaway is the third reciever, should have a great  rookie year, because you have to cover those other two.

Then I've got Hollywood Higgins and Jeff Janis and Bo Ratley. Higgins is having a great camp, Ratley looking like a good pick in the 6th, Janis is special teams ace and sneaky fast reliable option.

CJ Board having a good camp? The more the merrier.

Once Callaway showed he can do everything Coleman can do (and more on ST) Coleman was the odd man out.

Zombo

45 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

To put that in a recent perspective, with this trade not single first round pick from 2012-2016 is still on the roster. That's with the Browns drafting the 2nd most 1st round picks in the time frame. 

Pathetic to say the least.

Sigh... yeah.

You actually have to go back to 2010 to find a Browns first round guy worth keeping around past his rookie contract: Joe Haden.

We are literally statistically better at drafting second rounders than first rounders Since 2010. By leaps and bounds. Ogbah, Orchard, Bitonio, Schwartz, Sheard, Ward...

I'm not sad he was dealt... His play didn't merit anything but a 7th round pick or lower,,, He sucked... Get over it.. He's gone.. I couldn't be happier... He

ll be riding the pine in Buffalo before you all know it...

Did I like Ice-Butter Hands? No. 

Do I think that making the move now and what we got in the trade makes sense? No. 

First of all, there's nothing less you can trade for than a 7th round of... 2020! Not even 2019! Next thing is giving him for free. 

Second, injuries in training camp happen. If you have an expendable receiver, let him stay until the final cuts, so you can: A, give him a roster spot if your main receivers suffer an injury and you need to fill a hole; B, trade him when OTHER team suffers such a loss and desperately needs to fill a hole.

At this moment, his stock was at the lowest point. There's no sense on trading him immediately, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Did I like Ice-Butter Hands? No. 

Do I think that making the move now and what we got in the trade makes sense? No. 

First of all, there's nothing less you can trade for than a 7th round of... 2020! Not even 2019! Next thing is giving him for free. 

Second, injuries in training camp happen. If you have an expendable receiver, let him stay until the final cuts, so you can: A, give him a roster spot if your main receivers suffer an injury and you need to fill a hole; B, trade him when OTHER team suffers such a loss and desperately needs to fill a hole.

At this moment, his stock was at the lowest point. There's no sense on trading him immediately, in my opinion.

Hes pure garbage and John Dorsey knows it.... When you guys see Callaway play... you'll forget all about Coleman.. Trust me.

Just now, nickers said:

Hes pure garbage and John Dorsey knows it.... When you guys see Callaway play... you'll forget all about Coleman.. Trust me.

Agreed, he was essentially cut because he's not good. Wasn't gonna make the team. Hasn't been good off the field, hasn't been good on the field, hasn't been good in the locker room ... We didn't want him anymore.

He would have fallen to fifth receiver on the depth chart, what were keeping him for?

Zombo

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Agreed, he was essentially cut because he's not good. Wasn't gonna make the team. Hasn't been good off the field, hasn't been good on the field, hasn't been good in the locker room ... We didn't want him anymore.

He would have fallen to fifth receiver on the depth chart, what were keeping him for?

Zombo

Exactly.. Ricardo and CC were odd men out..

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

I'm pretty high on Callaway, and even Ratley. But certainly I would approve if he was poison for the locker room. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Id have kept him for kick returns alone over than that pathetic pick we got back

Thats why we have Janis whose a whole lot faster...

people mentioned that Coleman never had a QB throwing to him, and while it's technically true the qb's that have thrown to him have been mostly Shiite...that doesn't excuse the "multiple" times he dropped balls (and more than one in the endzone) that were right in his hands. Aaron Rodgers couldn't have thrown the ball better to him on a couple drops last year. And one of those endzone drops was a walk off game winner had he caught it. 

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

How long before Dez is in the house?

Dez ain't coming.. it would upset the good vibes the lockeroom has presently

Pissing and moaning for a dude that has proven he can't stay on the field - and when he's lucky enough to be on the field, is as far away from what you'd expect from a 1st round draft pick as you can get. Just another 1st round bust and this one has Sashi's name attached to him. 

Keep on flushing the turds responsible for 1-31. 

Archived