THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

11 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

He still does not look healthy.. and he’s still dominant.

And now it's all peaches and cream since he got his way out of Cleveland...   Big TD? he's lost a step or two...  

But still. Coulda used the bum...  

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as much as most folks here worried about him...

Dominant? Not even close...

The long TD was a great play design sold by a great QB, but it only goes for 15 if the Safety plays the man instead of going for the INT.

That said Josh's best catch of the nite was disallowed for being OB... he wasn't.

I'm not trying to start the "we should not have traded Gordon" debacle, but I will say that it really hurts to lose someone like Gordon when his play is exactly what we need.  We don't really have a receiver on the roster who can go up and take the ball away from someone, or someone who can catch a ball and go the distance.  The safety tried to arm tackle Gordon on that long TD, and basically bounced right off of him.  Gordon then ran about half speed all the way to the end zone.  

Is he dominant?  No.  But that's the beauty of the Patriots' offensive situation.  They have Josh Gordon and hardly even NEED his services.  

Yes, his TD was the result of a well-designed play, and subsequent terrible tackle attempt, but it should be noted we started off the game yesterday with basically the same play, and it didn't work.  We faked the WR screen, and tried to look for a deep shot.  I loved the play, especially on the first down of the game, but things just don't seem to work like that for us.  

Gordon had 5 catches on 10 targets, which isn't a great percentage, but when the receptions go for 130 yards, nobody is complaining.  If we ever had a 55 yard TD reception, I think the entire stadium would explode in joy and astonishment.  

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm not trying to start the "we should not have traded Gordon" debacle, but I will say that it really hurts to lose someone like Gordon when his play is exactly what we need.  We don't really have a receiver on the roster who can go up and take the ball away from someone, or someone who can catch a ball and go the distance.  The safety tried to arm tackle Gordon on that long TD, and basically bounced right off of him.  Gordon then ran about half speed all the way to the end zone.  

Is he dominant?  No.  But that's the beauty of the Patriots' offensive situation.  They have Josh Gordon and hardly even NEED his services.  

Yes, his TD was the result of a well-designed play, and subsequent terrible tackle attempt, but it should be noted we started off the game yesterday with basically the same play, and it didn't work.  We faked the WR screen, and tried to look for a deep shot.  I loved the play, especially on the first down of the game, but things just don't seem to work like that for us.  

Gordon had 5 catches on 10 targets, which isn't a great percentage, but when the receptions go for 130 yards, nobody is complaining.  If we ever had a 55 yard TD reception, I think the entire stadium would explode in joy and astonishment.  

I will be "that guy" for you :) Trading Gordon for less than a bag of magic beans was STUPID. He is exactly what we need on the field right now as a receiver. Watching him last night made me sick to see in a Patriots uni. I get the tardiness and immaturity stuff, ok fine him , bench him a quarter (ala Belicheck) but every week watching our sh!tty receivers knowing we could have had this is laughable. I suspect if we revisit whether or not he is dominant several game from now the opinion will change as well. 

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

And now it's all peaches and cream since he got his way out of Cleveland...   Big TD? he's lost a step or two...  

are you kidding me...when was the last time we had a receiver go 5 catches for 130 and a td.....lost a step....hmmmmmmm....

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

he can be as dominant as he was his first yr.....unless he screws it up.....again......his skills are still there....all of them.....and we have Sheet on the field for receivers....

28 minutes ago, browns52 said:

he can be as dominant as he was his first yr.....unless he screws it up.....again......his skills are still there....all of them.....and we have Sheet on the field for receivers....

Give it up already- he's gone, and not coming back...  

45 minutes ago, browns52 said:

Gordon went to the Pats for the same reasons Kevin Durant went to play with GS Warriors...fuk him.

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Delete this sour grapes thread.  Hes gone...someones trash is someones treasure.

Shmuck that azzhole

I've thought we should lock up this thread as well...but then we are going to have a new one every Sunday that he has even a somewhat decent game. 

17 hours ago, browns52 said:

he can be as dominant as he was his first yr...

Ummmmmm.... no, he's simply not that player anymore.

16 hours ago, Mark O said:

I've thought we should lock up this thread as well...but then we are going to have a new one every Sunday that he has even a somewhat decent game. 

Lock it up!  Lock it up!.......and if those new threads try to be started, merge them into the locked up one.

27 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I don't have that power.  

I could, but it's too damn much work.  :(  MHO is just keep the bitching and crying in your beer in one place.   In the power hierarchy: Stan> Z> Hoorta (somehow my powers were promoted)> Mark.   

Maybe if\when Josh has his failed drug test, Z can merge all the Gordon threads into one- like he did for Johnny Football.  

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I could, but it's too damn much work.  :(  MHO is just keep the bitching and crying in your beer in one place.   In the power hierarchy: Stan> Z> Hoorta (somehow my powers were promoted)> Mark.   

I'm not sure I"m even that close in the power hierarchy.    Which is just fine with me

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Maybe if\when Josh has his failed drug test, Z can merge all the Gordon threads into one- like he did for Johnny Football.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5266474

Trading Gordon for peanuts was Dorsey (and supported by Haley's) dumbest move so far. Haley in his short sighted attempt to undermine Hue, sabotaged the team in several ways and this was one of them. I'm not surprised he's excelling in NE, after all I kept him on my fantasy and he won it for me this weekend.

6 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Trading Gordon for peanuts was Dorsey (and supported by Haley's) dumbest move so far. Haley in his short sighted attempt to undermine Hue, sabotaged the team in several ways and this was one of them. I'm not surprised he's excelling in NE, after all I kept him on my fantasy and he won it for me this weekend.

No one but you thinks it is a dumb move, and no one but you thinks he is excelling.   He is a typical Tom Brady receiver....meaning a guy that may (now) have limited skills which Brady makes look good.

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No one but you thinks it is a dumb move, and no one but you thinks he is excelling.   He is a typical Tom Brady receiver....meaning a guy that may (now) have limited skills which Brady makes look good.

You'll be watching him in the Super Bowl in Feb, while you're discussing draft picks on this forum

7 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

You'll be watching him in the Super Bowl in Feb, while you're discussing draft picks on this forum

And it will mean nothing as far as Gordon is concerned....because if Brady can take the guys with limited skills like Welker, Edelman, Amendola  etc. etc. to the Super Bowl there is no reason that he could not also drag Gordon along with him.  He is Just Another Guy that may go along on Brady's skirt tails.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And it will mean nothing as far as Gordon is concerned....because if Brady can take the guys with limited skills like Welker, Edelman, Amendola  etc. etc. to the Super Bowl there is no reason that he could not also drag Gordon along with him.  He is Just Another Guy that may go along on Brady's skirt tails.

Let's revisit this in the AFC championship and see who makes the plays against presumably KC.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:36 PM, hoorta said:

Josh played with a dislocated finger and put it back into place a couple of times that game.

Maybe he isn't as fast as he once was, but trading him for nothing was ignorant.

Callaway, and 6th round pick Ratley aren't WR2 and WR3 material yet.

Ridley is already showing he's light years ahead of Callaway, who resembles Greg Little with all the drops.

I know the majority of people here want to build at WR through the draft, but if we keep relying on 4th-6th round picks, we could very well have rookies starting 5-10 years from now every year at WR. I feel like Dorsey tried to hit on Callaway like he hit with Tyreek Hill, but Callaway needs to show something.....

Then you have  the case where we develop a WR, and then they walk and get signed with a different team. ala Taylor Gabriel, and Travis Benjamin.

Josh gave us someone taller than 6 foot that could provide a threat to defenses. And yes, I'm bitter the Pats got him for free.

I feel like almost every trade with NE they just something from us for nothing.

Sure missing Travis Benjamin and his 3 catches for 16 yards on the season at a bargain basement price of 7 million per season.

The Chargers overpaid for a punt returner who can't stay healthy.

Gabriel was a guy we coulve used and could still use although he certainly isn't going to be the big target we're missing.

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Maybe he isn't as fast as he once was, but trading him for nothing was ignorant.

Have you not seen what Josh Gordon did to John Dorsey this year?  Do you think Bellichik would've put up with Josh not coming to training camp for 3 weeks.......and showing up late and 'phucked up' to a team meeting?    The guy HAD to be shipped out.  You can't let a guy get away with that or else you'll lose the respect of the rest of the players who come to work, and train, and practice, etc.

I love the fact that there are people on here who absolutely refuse to admit that Josh Gordon wanted nothing to do with playing for the Browns, and would had continued to pull stunts to avoid doing so. They think him missing the entire training camp never happened. They think his "injury" after hours never happened. 

And when he Shmucks up and gets suspended again, and he will, we will laugh at you. Oh yes, it will be loud and boisterous laughter. 

Archived