THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

.... as soon as Puffy made that catch, my mind immediately wondered to this thread and who would be the 1st - out of the 3ish usual suspects, to post just how big of a mistake the Browns made by giving away the football and Browns devoted Puffy. 

I was not disappointed.  

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I love the fact that there are people on here who absolutely refuse to admit that Josh Gordon wanted nothing to do with playing for the Browns, and would had continued to pull stunts to avoid doing so. They think him missing the entire training camp never happened. They think his "injury" after hours never happened. 

And when he Shmucks up and gets suspended again, and he will, we will laugh at you. Oh yes, it will be loud and boisterous laughter. 

Wait...what???   Josh Gordon wasn't with the team working hard and practicing all through training camp?? 

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I love the fact that there are people on here who absolutely refuse to admit that Josh Gordon wanted nothing to do with playing for the Browns, and would had continued to pull stunts to avoid doing so. They think him missing the entire training camp never happened. They think his "injury" after hours never happened. 

And when he Shmucks up and gets suspended again, and he will, we will laugh at you. Oh yes, it will be loud and boisterous laughter. 

Again, I don't think it had ANYTHING with him "not wanting to play for the Browns".  It just had to do with him being a fuyckup.  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I didn't like the trade, wanted to keep Josh on the team and will admit that he was less than enthused to play for the Browns.  What the pumpers won't admit is, he was under contract, would try once in a while, would be the best WR on the team and the culture on this team is laughable without him.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Have you not seen what Josh Gordon did to John Dorsey this year?  Do you think Bellichik would've put up with Josh not coming to training camp for 3 weeks.......and showing up late and 'phucked up' to a team meeting?    The guy HAD to be shipped out.  You can't let a guy get away with that or else you'll lose the respect of the rest of the players who come to work, and train, and practice, etc.

When did I say that we didn't have to trade him, or that he wanted to be here?

My point is why trade him to the Pats of all teams. Why get nothing for him?

We could of gotten more for him. If we must get nothing for him, send him to Siberia (aka Buffalo).

7 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Trading Gordon for peanuts was Dorsey (and supported by Haley's) dumbest move so far. Haley in his short sighted attempt to undermine Hue, sabotaged the team in several ways and this was one of them. I'm not surprised he's excelling in NE, after all I kept him on my fantasy and he won it for me this weekend.

RE: peanuts- it's the best offer we had. RE: fantasy- good for you, or you thick enough to believe we knew damn well when we shipped him out the possibility of him being decent again couldn't happen?  

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Have you not seen  already forgotten what Josh Gordon did to John Dorsey this year?  Do you think Belichick would've put up with Josh not coming to training camp for 3 weeks.......and showing up late and 'phucked up' to a team meeting?    The guy HAD to be shipped out.  You can't let a guy get away with that or else you'll lose the respect of the rest of the players who come to work, and train, and practice, etc.

FIFY.   That and getting constantly suspended.

18 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

When did I say that we didn't have to trade him, or that he wanted to be here?

My point is why trade him to the Pats of all teams. Why get nothing for him?

We could of gotten more for him. If we must get nothing for him, send him to Siberia (aka Buffalo).

That's your opinion. Do you honestly believe Dorsey didn't call every team in the NFL and tell them- Gordon is available, give me your best offer. That was the best offer, a low fifth. Gordon is one failed drug test away from being out of the NFL- for good. That's why we couldn't get anything more for him. That and the garbage he pulled showing up late for a meeting, when he knew he couldn't, and oh, missing around 3 years worth of games because of failed drug tests. 

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

RE: peanuts- it's the best offer we had. RE: fantasy- good for you, or you thick enough to believe we knew damn well when we shipped him out the possibility of him being decent again couldn't happen?  

FIFY.   That and getting constantly suspended.

That's your opinion. Do you honestly believe Dorsey didn't call every team in the NFL and tell them- Gordon is available, give me your best offer. That was the best offer, a low fifth. Gordon is one failed drug test away from being out of the NFL- for good. That's why we couldn't get anything more for him. That and the garbage he pulled showing up late for a meeting, when he knew he couldn't, and oh, missing around 3 years worth of games because of failed drug tests. 

The best offer? How could you possibly know that? Don't you think it's possible we wanted Josh to succeed, and perhaps that puts Josh in the best situation to succeed along with us getting something in return?

Burning him would of been sending him to buffalo for a fifth. I highly doubt that pats offer was the best. If we would've waited, we could of traded him for more. But what you're saying about the best is purely speculation on your behalf and there's no way to prove it. That's like saying hastily trading Hyde was the best deal we could get.

They're both nothing but panic trades, and we shouldn't get anything for weak panic trades. Amari Cooper for a first, but Gordon for a fifth? Is Cooper 5x better than Gordon? I think not.

4 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

They're both nothing but panic trades, and we shouldn't get anything for weak panic trades. Amari Cooper for a first, but Gordon for a fifth? Is Cooper 5x better than Gordon? I think not.

Dallas way overpaid for Cooper.  But Cooper is 24 and hasn't been suspended by the league twice.    Gordon is older and one drug test away from being out of the league forever.   Everyone who thinks we could've gotten more keeps forgetting that part.

17 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Dallas way overpaid for Cooper.  But Cooper is 24 and hasn't been suspended by the league twice.    Gordon is older and one drug test away from being out of the league forever.   Everyone who thinks we could've gotten more keeps forgetting that part.

You make a valid point Mark, but the argument that every other NFL team didn't offer us anything better holds no truth. Gordon is 27, yes, but that's not old by any standard. He's in his prime.

Perhaps we should've traded Collins for a 7th rounder, and Schobert for a 6th. Maybe we can keep stocking 5th and 6th round picks and drafting receivers like Ratley every year while releasing all of the vets. Because that's definitely a formula for success, and who's to say we don't keep doing that forever.

Keeping Gordon increases your odds of winning. It's obvious anyone Dorsey doesn't like, he gets rid of immediately, for peanuts if possible.

I'm not an advocate for "trade every veteran on the team" because that formula = disaster, and 1-2 wins a year.

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

Wait...what???   Josh Gordon wasn't with the team working hard and practicing all through training camp?? 

Gordon is gone because the BROWNS........ NOT GORDON............... are the FAKIRS OF FYUCKUPS

There is nothing wrong with Gordon that a good franchise couldn't, and just has, harnessed. Mark O is the classic, childish Browns apologist. Like the spoiled bastard kid that brings a ball to school so he can make up his own rules, he is not adult enough to face the reality that the Cleveland Browns franchise is being laughed at for screwing up with Josh Gordon and letting some other team bring the guy into the fold.

Over and over it goes, I call it the Hoorta Syndrome.....no matter who leaves us and plays well elsewhere, it is "good riddance".  YEAH..... Good Riddance...........who needs the most athletic WR in the NFL? We have Jarass Laundry, King Ding Dong Dink and Dump.

4 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

You make a valid point Mark, but the argument that every other NFL team didn't offer us anything better holds no truth. Gordon is 27, yes, but that's not old by any standard. He's in his prime.

Perhaps we should've traded Collins for a 7th rounder, and Schobert for a 6th. Maybe we can keep stocking 5th and 6th round picks and drafting receivers like Ratley every year while releasing all of the vets. Because that's definitely a formula for success, and who's to say we don't keep doing that forever.

Keeping Gordon increases your odds of winning. It's obvious anyone Dorsey doesn't like, he gets rid of immediately, for peanuts if possible.

I'm not an advocate for "trade every veteran on the team" because that formula = disaster, and 1-2 wins a year.

How do you know we got offered more than what we got?  You have some inside info that the rest of us don't have?   

I hope we don't keep trading off the veterans all the time.  We traded off Hyde but do we really miss him?  Chubb has put up the same or better numbers in each game since Hyde was traded.  

I'm not an advocate for trade every veteran either.  Josh Gordon and the shit he pulled all summer and then the mysterious hamstring injury that he had and then didn't have was too much.  I'm fine with moving on from him.   I hope he keeps himself clean and has a successful career in the NFL from this point on.  I think it's unlikely that it happens but I hope for his sake he does.  I could care less what the media or talking heads on TV have to say about it because I don't watch any of that shit.  

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No one but you thinks it is a dumb move, and no one but you thinks he is excelling.   He is a typical Tom Brady receiver....meaning a guy that may (now) have limited skills which Brady makes look good.

There are definitely plenty of us who think it was a dumb move. 

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Gordon is gone because the BROWNS........ NOT GORDON............... are the FAKIRS OF FYUCKUPS

There is nothing wrong with Gordon that a good franchise couldn't, and just has, harnessed. Mark O is the classic, childish Browns apologist. Like the spoiled bastard kid that brings a ball to school so he can make up his own rules, he is not adult enough to face the reality that the Cleveland Browns franchise is being laughed at for screwing up with Josh Gordon and letting some other team bring the guy into the fold.

Over and over it goes, I call it the Hoorta Syndrome.....no matter who leaves us and plays well elsewhere, it is "good riddance".  YEAH..... Good Riddance...........who needs the most athletic WR in the NFL? We have Jarass Laundry, King Ding Dong Dink and Dump.

I've been down this road with you once, but in the interest of being fair- about Gordon, read this crap- here's his curriculum vitae if you will. Count up the suspensions- not counting the times he got kicked off college teams. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Gordon

So you've owned business- you going to keep giving a guy unlimited chances, because in the rare instances he actually shows up for work, he's pretty good?  If you say so, you're a damn liar. This crap has been going on for years. Bet the ranch he was in a zero tolerance policy. So business owner- you have a big meeting, and this guy shows up late and probably drunk too. Like hell you're going to give him "one more chance". After you've already given him at least a dozen already. It wasn't "good riddance", we just 1) couldn't count on the guy, and 2) he ran out of strikes. You don't get unlimited ones in life. 

And now that he's on another team Gordon is miraculously cured of his problems, LOL. Well, he's not. He's a recovering addict that's one screw up away from being out of football for good. Maybe that was the kick in the azz out the door he needed to figure out Dorsey & the Browns weren't about to let him get away with whatever he hell felt like doing- just because he's got some talent. There's things called "team rules" FYI. Break enough of them, and you're gone. As Mark pointed out- if he had pulled the same Sh-it earlier in the year, and he was on the Patriots- Bill would have cut him faster than you can say "New England" . 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

I've been down this road with you once, but in the interest of being fair- about Gordon, read this crap- here's his curriculum vitae if you will. Count up the suspensions- not counting the times he got kicked off college teams. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Gordon

So you've owned business- you going to keep giving a guy unlimited chances, because in the rare instances he actually shows up for work, he's pretty good?  If you say so, you're a damn liar. This crap has been going on for years. Bet the ranch he was in a zero tolerance policy. So business owner- you have a big meeting, and this guy shows up late and probably drunk too. Like hell you're going to give him "one more chance". After you've already given him at least a dozen already. It wasn't "good riddance", we just 1) couldn't count on the guy, and 2) he ran out of strikes. You don't get unlimited ones in life. 

And now that he's on another team Gordon is miraculously cured of his problems, LOL. Well, he's not. He's a recovering addict that's one screw up away from being out of football for good. Maybe that was the kick in the azz he needed to figure out Dorsey wasn't about to let him get away with whatever he hell felt like doing- just because he's got some talent. As Mark pointed out- if he had pulled the same Sh-it earlier in the year, and he was on the Patriots- Bill would have cut him faster than you can say "New England" . 

Larry, you said these same exact things about Randy Moss and Corey Dillon. You assured me Belichik would choke on these trouble makers, yet both of them "miraculously played their azzes off for Bill, and both went on to SB wins. YOu called Cam Erving a turnstile, and here he is, doing better, production-wise than Joe Thomas ever did his entire career.

You read too much horse manure, and honestly man, your views are way out of touch with achieving success. None of anything Gordon did in the past is applicable to today. A player in the NFL is only as bad as his last performance. Gordon is looking good,  5 catches, 130 yards, 1 TD, Most likely going to at least and AFC championship game.

If the guy does "magically" play large, sorry man, it makes Dorsey and the Browns look bad. There is just no spinning this otherwise.

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I didn't like the trade, wanted to keep Josh on the team and will admit that he was less than enthused to play for the Browns.  What the pumpers won't admit is, he was under contract, would try once in a while, would be the best WR on the team and the culture on this team is laughable without him.

So you think he elevated the culture on this team? now that’s what is laughable. 

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Larry, you said these same exact things about Randy Moss and Corey Dillon. You assured me Belichik would choke on these trouble makers, yet both of them "miraculously played their azzes off for Bill, and both went on to SB wins. YOu called Cam Erving a turnstile, and here he is, doing better, production-wise than Joe Thomas ever did his entire career.

You read too much horse manure, and honestly man, your views are way out of touch with achieving success. None of anything Gordon did in the past is applicable to today. A player in the NFL is only as bad as his last performance. Gordon is looking good,  5 catches, 130 yards, 1 TD, Most likely going to at least and AFC championship game.

If the guy does "magically" play large, sorry man, it makes Dorsey and the Browns look bad. There is just no spinning this otherwise.

Regarding the BOLD, it sure as hell does. Glad you'd be stupid enough to give a major f**kup in your business unlimited chances. So, since you're still willing to kiss Gordon's azz, here's another business analogy. "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". The Browns hung on to a losing stock for 6 years, and finally decided to dump it. As to what the rest of the League might think, I don't give a rats azz what they might think. Go root for your Raiders or Steelers- and cut the crap. 

Belichick has a history of reforming problem children, it's well documented. Could be that Bill and the Patriots were the only team in the NFL willing to think they could rehabilitate Josh. It doesn't change the fact there wasn't any rational reason in the world for the Browns to give Gordon yet another chance, when his entire history with Cleveland since 2013 was a litany of f**kups. 

If Josh was another Jeremiah Pharms- doubt you remember him- he would have been cut years ago. Probably wouldn't even have been drafted. That just might have been the problem in the first place. Tom Heckert shouldn't have taken him in the supplemental draft. 

End of discussion. Keep beating a dead horse, and I will close this thread. 

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

You called Cam Erving a turnstile, and here he is, doing better, production-wise than Joe Thomas ever did his entire career.

YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T WATCH MUCH TAPE. THIS GUY BLEW DEAD WORMS WITH THE BROWNS, AND HIS TOP 10 DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE SNAPPING THE BALL 5 FEET OVER THE QBS HEAD FOR A SAFETY.  

For the love of God, this guy got bull rushed into the QB more times than I could count, flat out pancaked for a couple more. whiffed on easy blocks ditto. But he's a miracle now for the Chiefs. Not exactly. I'm not going to bother dredging up his bad press... 

https://factoryofsadness.co/2017/08/30/cleveland-browns-cam-erving-blocks/

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T WATCH MUCH TAPE. THIS GUY BLEW DEAD WORMS WITH THE BROWNS, AND HIS TOP 10 DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE SNAPPING THE BALL 5 FEET OVER THE QBS HEAD FOR A SAFETY.  

For the love of God, this guy got bull rushed into the QB more times than I could count, flat out pancaked for a couple more. whiffed on easy blocks ditto. But he's a miracle now for the Chiefs. Not exactly. I'm not going to bother dredging up his bad press... 

https://factoryofsadness.co/2017/08/30/cleveland-browns-cam-erving-blocks/

My point would be.... look at the way he was “coached up” here. Now look at what Andy Reid has done with him.  Good coaching works

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

My point would be.... look at the way he was “coached up” here. Now look at what Andy Reid has done with him.  Good coaching works

Yup.... coached all the way "up" to a PFF grade of 47.0... good for ranking as the #68 OG in the league.

That's #68!

If my math is correct, that means there are at least 4 backup OGs who rank higher than Cam.

Here's a comment from PFF's OL ranking after Week 6...

KC-Chiefs-Header.png

The Chiefs’ extension of Cam Erving earlier this year was head-scratching and even more so now. He’s been easily their lowest-graded offensive lineman so far this season and hasn’t even really flashed high-level play with his highest single-game overall grade so far being only 70.7.

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup.... coached all the way "up" to a PFF grade of 47.0... good for ranking as the #68 OG in the league.

That's #68!

If my math is correct, that means there are at least 4 backup OGs who rank higher than Cam.

Where do the Browns OGs  rate?

14 hours ago, stillmotion said:

so wait Dorsey didn't like him but you're suggesting in a previous post that he took less of a deal to put Josh who he doesn't like in the best situation possible while not worrying about what the team he is in charge of could get. Come on man that makes absolutely zero fu cking sense.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That's #68!

So is that better or worse than a “turnstile” here?

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

so wait Dorsey didn't like him but you're suggesting in a previous post that he took less of a deal to put Josh who he doesn't like in the best situation possible while not worrying about what the team he is in charge of could get. Come on man that makes absolutely zero fu cking sense.

no, It's apparent Dorsey will cut ties with anyone ASAP just to send a message. We have no idea what else or if anything else was offered for Josh. But I do know, waiting till WR needy teams were more desperate was the smarter move. Selling something as soon as possible, lower than usual is the worst possible way to sell something.

You can defend him on that all you want, but we freaking got jack for him.

51 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

no, It's apparent Dorsey will cut ties with anyone ASAP just to send a message. We have no idea what else or if anything else was offered for Josh. But I do know, waiting till WR needy teams were more desperate was the smarter move. Selling something as soon as possible, lower than usual is the worst possible way to sell something.

You can defend him on that all you want, but we freaking got jack for him.

Actually they were going to cut him outright.....a move likely long overdue.   But, we did get Jack for him....that draft pick could turn out to be a Pro Bowler for all we know.

Cleveland teams have picked HOFers in round 5 in the past:

Fifth Round

Year

Player

Overall

Pos.

Team

Bob Waterfield 42 QB Cleveland Rams (Drafted as a future selection.)
1945 Pete Pihos 41 E Philadelphia Eagles (Drafted as a future selection.)
1953 Stan Jones 54 G-DT Chicago Bears (Drafted as a future selection.)
1957 Henry Jordan 52 DT Cleveland Browns
1959 D-ick LeBeau 58 CB Cleveland Browns
1974 Mike Webster 125 C Pittsburgh Steelers
1985 Kevin Greene 113 LB/DE

Los Angeles Rams

Of course, it would be better to keep them than to trade them away early in their careers like Jordan and LeBeau.

17 hours ago, Mark O said:

How do you know we got offered more than what we got?  You have some inside info that the rest of us don't have?   

I hope we don't keep trading off the veterans all the time.  We traded off Hyde but do we really miss him?  Chubb has put up the same or better numbers in each game since Hyde was traded.  

I'm not an advocate for trade every veteran either.  Josh Gordon and the Sheet he pulled all summer and then the mysterious hamstring injury that he had and then didn't have was too much.  I'm fine with moving on from him.   I hope he keeps himself clean and has a successful career in the NFL from this point on.  I think it's unlikely that it happens but I hope for his sake he does.  I could care less what the media or talking heads on TV have to say about it because I don't watch any of that Sheet.  

No way of proving we could of or couldn't of gotten offered more. The lack of depth gives us practice squad players replacing Gaines and Kirksey this week. That's great and all for "growth", but in 5-10 years, we need to get some depth and if we can't draft enough NFL talented players to play competitively in the NFL, we need to sign some free agents then.

Josh Gordon liked the instagram post of Hue getting fired. It's quite possible that Josh Gordon simply hated Hue and his system and everything to do with the Browns "process". Notice, a LOT of our moves still feel Exactly like moneyball moves. Everything, from cutting Nassib and Meder for unnamed newcomers to discussing trading Devalve. Who freaking knows how involved Depo still is with all of the decisions. But trading Hyde was Definitely a moneyball move, 100%.

It's very possible Josh orchestrated this himself to get out of the Browns situation. I don't deny it, with his agent being who he is. Josh slacks off, gets traded or cut, and then has the opportunity to light it up and get a big contract. Only person to be upset with here is Josh, for never giving it his all. I don't fully blame Dorsey for trading him, but you can't say a 5th rounder was maximum value we got for him, because who knows what would've been offered if we waited longer than simply trading him immediately.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Actually they were going to cut him outright.....a move likely long overdue.   But, we did get Jack for him....that draft pick could turn out to be a Pro Bowler for all we know.

Cleveland teams have picked HOFers in round 5 in the past:

Fifth Round

Year

Player

Overall

Pos.

Team

Bob Waterfield 42 QB Cleveland Rams (Drafted as a future selection.)
1945 Pete Pihos 41 E Philadelphia Eagles (Drafted as a future selection.)
1953 Stan Jones 54 G-DT Chicago Bears (Drafted as a future selection.)
1957 Henry Jordan 52 DT Cleveland Browns
1959 finger LeBeau 58 CB Cleveland Browns
1974 Mike Webster 125 C Pittsburgh Steelers
1985 Kevin Greene 113 LB/DE

Los Angeles Rams

Of course, it would be better to keep them than to trade them away early in their careers like Jordan and LeBeau.

Gip, that would be amazing. Tyreek Hill was a 5th rounder. I think Callaway was Dorsey's Tyreek Hill attempt at us, but he hasn't been near as electric although he's still only a rookie. Statistics show it's rather hard to slam dunk a fifth rounder. And more so than slam dunk, it's hard to get a player to stay in Cleveland after their contract is up.

Who knows if Garrett will want to stay here after his contract is up, especially if we're losing. Mack and Schwartz walked, and we developed both of them. Quite frankly, if we're still winning few games and starting late round picks like Ratley or undrafted free agents, I highly doubt anyone we draft and bring up will want to stay here out of "loyalty". Many will want to win, and simply wont want to be associated with 1-31 type records.

Frankly, i'm quite concerned Depo's strategy is to keep us young forever, full of late round picks hoping we hit on some of them. All while team's like the Buccaneers benefit from our bringing up of Nassib as an NFL player. One can only get sick of this when we witness Josh Gordon catching a TD in the superbowl, because his wanting out could of very well been the fault of Hue Jackson and Jimmy Haslam's inefficiency. 

39 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

No way of proving we could of or couldn't of gotten offered more.

That is right...so quit with the belly aching and second guessing.

The lack of depth gives us practice squad players replacing Gaines and Kirksey this week.

And such a thing would likely happen to every single one of the 32 NFL teams in that situation.

That's great and all for "growth", but in 5-10 years, we need to get some depth and if we can't draft enough NFL talented players to play competitively in the NFL, we need to sign some free agents then.

Dorsey has drafted competitive players that are likely backups.  Every one of these guys is playing either a starting or backup role on this team:

1 QB 2018 0 0 1 0 7 159 265 1768 10 7 15 91 0           Oklahoma
2018 1 Denzel Ward 4 CB 2018 0 0 1 0 9                       3   Ohio St.
2018 2 Austin Corbett 33 C 2018 0 0 0 0 7                           Nevada
2018 2 Nick Chubb 35 RB 2018 0 0 0 0 9           74 403 4 3 15 0     Georgia
2018 3 Chad Thomas 67 DE 2018 0 0 0 0 4                           Miami (FL)
2018 4 Antonio Callaway 105 WR 2018 0 0 1 0 9           2 7 0 24 287 2     Florida
2018 5 Genard Avery 150 LB 2018 0 0 0 0 9                         2.5 Memphis
2018 6 Damion Ratley 175 WR 2018 0 0 0 0 6                 12 142 0     Texas A&M
2018 6

Simeon Thomas

Except forThomas....whatever happened to him?

Josh Gordon liked the instagram post of Hue getting fired. It's quite possible that Josh Gordon simply hated Hue and his system and everything to do with the Browns "process". Notice, a LOT of our moves still feel Exactly like moneyball moves. Everything, from cutting Nassib and Meder for unnamed newcomers to discussing trading Devalve. Who freaking knows how involved Depo still is with all of the decisions. But trading Hyde was Definitely a moneyball move, 100%.

It's very possible Josh orchestrated this himself to get out of the Browns situation. I don't deny it, with his agent being who he is. Josh slacks off, gets traded or cut, and then has the opportunity to light it up and get a big contract. Only person to be upset with here is Josh, for never giving it his all. I don't fully blame Dorsey for trading him, but you can't say a 5th rounder was maximum value we got for him, because who knows what would've been offered if we waited longer than simply trading him immediately.

Yes, I CAN say it:  A 5th rounder IS maximum value we could have gotten for a guy who was suspended for the better part of 4 years and whose abilities likely wane significantly in that time.  If we had waited longer,  who knows....he may have ended up suspended for life...which could still happen.

Archived