THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

4 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I was making a simple suggestion because I always felt JG was worth a hell of a lot more than a 5th, especially considering he was on his last straw.

But I think the consensus likely around the NFL among GMs is that you were wrong....that he was NOT worth a hell of a lot more than a 5th rounder. 

Maybe his former potential would have had him there.....his 5 years ago persona, but not now.  And certainly not with the risk of having him make one mistake that would get him suspended again...perhaps forever.

(I will say this however:  I think the league will be easing up greatly on the marijuana suspensions. And they may in fact be even now letting the likes of Gordon slide on this.  I predict that in a couple of years, after the new CBA, that the league will agree to not even test for weed.)

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

(I will say this however:  I think the league will be easing up greatly on the marijuana suspensions. And they may in fact be even now letting the likes of Gordon slide on this.  I predict that in a couple of years, after the new CBA, that the league will agree to not even test for weed.)

Oh the NFL will be going easier on Gordon for sure now that he is with NE. Playoff team, Tom Brady. You think they are going to take away anything from the Pats in on one of Tom’s last remaining years? 

The more I think about how much of a piece of crap Gordon is for pulling the stunt he pulled after all the times the Browns stuck with him, and how much they could use a WR just like him right now for a rookie QB the more I hope he rips the living crap out of his ACL and is out of the league. 

2 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Oh the NFL will be going easier on Gordon for sure now that he is with NE. Playoff team, Tom Brady. You think they are going to take away anything from the Pats in on one of Tom’s last remaining years? 

The more I think about how much of a piece of crap Gordon is for pulling the stunt he pulled after all the times the Browns stuck with him, and how much they could use a WR just like him right now for a rookie QB the more I hope he rips the living crap out of his ACL and is out of the league. 

Interesting theory....that they would favor the Pats like that.   Considering Spygate/Deflategate.   Nothing could ever be proven that they would favor the Pats.

But....factually what could be known....though it is not supposed to be revealed....is what the league is doing to test him now.   Is he still taking weekly piss tests....or are they even bothering?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I find it hilarious that Gordon will line up this week against now in Tenn. *Malcolm Butler*...Most will remember, Belicheck refused to play Butler in the SB that cost his own teammates a better chance to win. Bill today still won't clear up what Butler did against Pats team Rules..Wonder what Bill does this time when Gordon slips up come Dec? Gordon will be able to hit free agency at seasons end..Good Luck with that Market Value price 😎   

Flash had a great game last week 130 and a TD but I am not sad he is out of the Land. I do wonder why they would let him go for a crap draft pick when we are thin at the wr position, we lack play makers, we lack speed we lack Hands you name it we don't have it. Jarvis always has catches but for what yards? 3 or 4 yards per catch?  Coleman and Gordon both gone where we were counting on both to be there for us, Back in July looking in we were thinking, Gordon, Coleman and Jarvis in the slot...…………..Higgins is average at best but since his injury...….

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

But I think the consensus likely around the NFL among GMs is that you were wrong....that he was NOT worth a hell of a lot more than a 5th rounder. 

Maybe his former potential would have had him there.....

You are probably right , however, I don’t think that reason is because of his talent. I think it’s because of his off the field issues. 

He is only 27 years old. AB? Julio? Doug Baldwin? Dez? They’re all 29-30.

Y’all can say “Brady makes him look good” all you want. The fact of the matter is he will continue to get better and that is ok with me, JG and Cleveland we’re not a good match.

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

You are probably right , however, I don’t think that reason is because of his talent. I think it’s because of his off the field issues. 

He is only 27 years old. AB? Julio? Doug Baldwin? Dez? They’re all 29-30.

Y’all can say “Brady makes him look good” all you want. The fact of the matter is he will continue to get better and that is ok with me, JG and Cleveland we’re not a good match.

Or maybe you’re just a Wishin and a hoping that he will get better but that doesn’t mean he really will. 

9 hours ago, medicineman said:

Flash had a great game last week 130 and a TD but I am not sad he is out of the Land. I do wonder why they would let him go for a crap draft pick when we are thin at the wr position, we lack play makers, we lack speed we lack Hands you name it we don't have it. Jarvis always has catches but for what yards? 3 or 4 yards per catch?  Coleman and Gordon both gone where we were counting on both to be there for us, Back in July looking in we were thinking, Gordon, Coleman and Jarvis in the slot...…………..Higgins is average at best but since his injury...….

We've said it at least a dozen times already. Gordon ran out of strikes with the Browns. Was it intentional? Who knows. But there are things called "team rules". You can't have one set of "special" rules for Josh- and another set for everyone else.   

Just now, hoorta said:

We've said it at least a dozen times already. Gordon ran out of strikes with the Browns. Was it intentional? Who knows. But there are things called "team rules". You can't have one set of "special" rules for Josh- and another set for everyone else.   

Yes. Besides Bill the repeated cheater doesn't really worry about rules -and- they don't have a young team trying to rebuilt practically from scratch. 

Flash will fly right and produce there or he will be gone and forefiet a fortune.

10 hours ago, medicineman said:

Higgins is average at best but since his injury...….

The guy has been back one game and played very few snaps. Jesus man. I know I know he came back last week and played 10 snaps he should have had 180 yards receiving 10 catches and two TDs on those 10 snaps.

Realistically he had a very good rapport with Baker and seemed to be his favorite intermediate target. He seemed to be doing very well at that as well prior to his injury. Give him some time.

15 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

The guy has been back one game and played very few snaps. Jesus man. I know I know he came back last week and played 10 snaps he should have had 180 yards receiving 10 catches and two TDs on those 10 snaps.

Realistically he had a very good rapport with Baker and seemed to be his favorite intermediate target. He seemed to be doing very well at that as well prior to his injury. Give him some time.

Yep, and he didn't have a setback. I believe Higgins will have a nice game tomorrow. Baker will have time to throw, Higgins should get open, and we'll score some points. 

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The purpose of the Board is not for your personal amusement- to get people pissed off. That is considered trolling\ flamebaiting- and it's not going to be tolerated.

I hope this rule does not apply to pissing off/trolling/flamebaiting Steeler trolls.   Say it ain't so, Joe.

Steeler fans are a special sub category Gip. As a group, they have around 1\100th of the tolerance Trollie does. I'm sure you notice, those Steeler fans get special name changes, courtesy of Z.  I vote we change Ghoolie to Trollie, or  something similar. Memphis Miscreant? Pile of dog doo-doo? Accordion Azzhole? Set up a poll, most creative name wins a bottle of wine.  :) 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yep, and he didn't have a setback. I believe Higgins will have a nice game tomorrow. Baker will have time to throw, Higgins should get open, and we'll score some points. 

jiggins believing higgins will have a nice game tomorrow?

Must be some strange BROWNS karma thing going on.  :blink:

6 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Higgins has worked his tail off and is looking great this year. I think he definitely has a bright future with us. He's probably a WR3 at best, but he makes plays.

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

jiggins believing higgins will have a nice game tomorrow?

Must be some strange BROWNS karma thing going on.  :blink:

I'm a Higgins myself. Rashard is my brother from a chocolate mother! 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

I agree and I am not sad he is gone. just wondering why we didn't get a player for him? BUT maybe Dorsey will be able to draft us somebody who will still be playing in the NFL after 2 seasons. What happened to other picks we had? Mathew Dayes? or whatever his name is, Other high picks that are no where? Christ how is it we can never get a draft pick that does anything? Don't bring up Myles or Baker I am talking about 2 years ago when the player should be in his 3rd season and producing? Only in Cleveland where you can have the number 1 pick every single year and NEVER get any better.

12 minutes ago, medicineman said:

I agree and I am not sad he is gone. just wondering why we didn't get a player for him? BUT maybe Dorsey will be able to draft us somebody who will still be playing in the NFL after 2 seasons. What happened to other picks we had? Mathew Dayes? or whatever his name is, Other high picks that are no where? Christ how is it we can never get a draft pick that does anything? Don't bring up Myles or Baker I am talking about 2 years ago when the player should be in his 3rd season and producing? Only in Cleveland where you can have the number 1 pick every single year and NEVER get any better.

That was part of the problem, and I'm not about to go into the litany of wasted draft picks we've had since 1999.  (or guys we COULD have drafted that went on to have HOF careers- Ladanian Tomlinson).  Two first round studs not counting '17 & '18 the Joes- Thomas and Haden.  

On 11/9/2018 at 8:00 PM, bjh2130 said:

In that same thing a late 7th covers the difference between a mid 3rd and a early 5th. What's the point? Is it is to say that they don't care whether it was a late or early 5th because a 7th rounder covers the difference because if it is then that means you'd you be willing to suggest that they wouldn't care whether it were a early 5th or mid-round third also because the difference between pick 129 and pick 77 is 39.8 which is the value of pick 224. If you think that John Dorsey would turn down a mid 3rd round pick for a early 5th because it's the same value as the last pick in the draft then we have the wrong GM

You can change your argument if you like, but that does not mean I have to chase it.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You can change your argument if you like, but that does not mean I have to chase it.

I'm not changing my argument. I'm asking you what your point was to the fact that I stated that John Dorsey wasn't going to trade Josh Gordon for a late 5th if he could have an early 5th. And if your point was that the value difference isn't that great so it doesn't really matter then I would like to point out that the value difference between the first pick of the fifth and the 16th pick of the Third is only separated by value of the very last pick in the draft so to me if that was your point then it is not a good point because you would then be stating that he would also pass up a mid third round pick for a 5th rounder just to suit Josh and put him in a better situation.

4 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I'm not changing my argument.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:00 PM, bjh2130 said:

If you think that John Dorsey would turn down a mid 3rd round pick for a early 5th because it's the same value as the last pick in the draft then we have the wrong GM

On 11/9/2018 at 5:47 PM, bjh2130 said:

... if you mean to tell me that you think if New England offered a fifth and Oakland offered a fifth or Tampa Bay or San Francisco insert your choice there is no way that John Dorsey isn't taking the pic of one of the teams projected to finish at the bottom of the league just to appease Josh Gordon.

Archived