THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

Just now, darren15 said:

Hue Jackson - Statistically the worst coach in the history of the #NFL stays. Josh Gordon - Possibly a top 3 WR talent in this league who we have invested a lot of time into is released due to fibbing about a hamstring injury.

cowpoop.  It's more than that.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams already calling the Browns, who league sources believe are far more likely to trade Josh Gordon than release him. Gordon is a vested vet and is not subject to waivers. So if he is cut, he is a free agent and can sign where he wants, for what he wants. A lot at stake.

If we are letting him go because of this the Browns need to freaking just fold ....if its drugs thats fine

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

More

Josh Gordon hurt his hamstring at a promotional shoot, not at practice, per source.

iii

Michael David SmithVerified account @MichaelDavSmith
FollowFollow @MichaelDavSmith
More

Michael David Smith Retweeted Adam Schefter

If the Browns are open to trading Josh Gordon it's rather odd that they would issue an official statement from GM John Dorsey saying they're releasing him, not trading him. Then again the Browns do a lot of odd things.

Odd things ?.....we are the Laurel and Hardy of football franchises 

7 minutes ago, darren15 said:
More

If the Browns are open to trading Josh Gordon it's rather odd that they would issue an official statement from GM John Dorsey saying they're releasing him, not trading him. Then again the Browns do a lot of odd things.

Meh. If they called 31 teams and said they wanted to trade them a guy that could be done for the season and out of the league at any given moment what would they get anyway? Conditional 7th round and a bag of jock straps? 

All these teams calling now are doing so because of the announcement and they just want a shot to get him on that reduced salary for the rest of the season before he hits free agency and they have to roll the dice against 31 other teams for a shot in the dark. 

Honestly when you think about it, it kind of creates a feeding frenzy with a short deadline to get him and multiple teams wanting to get him before he is released and they might be able to squeeze out more than they would have just calling teams behind the scenes  to make a trade.

If we cut him for anything other than a surefire drug test failure suspension we are dumber than I ever imagined. Having worked with him through his issues  this long if its anything but that it is incomprehensible. 

If they wanted to cut ties for a lesser issue they should have showcased him and traded for a decent pick.  

Dont act like anyone is really suprised...he was a longshot at best...barely on the radar.

If he was our best hope for a team turnaround..we need to move the team.  He was a scratch off lottery ticket at best.  Time to quit wasting brain time and move on.

Its sad because its a waste of talent. Talent wise he is probably top 5 WR in the NFL and maybe the most talented player the Browns have had since Jim Brown. But his inner daemons were too much and I hope he is able to squash them at some point. It might be good for this team and just cut ties now instead of always having this unattainable savior who once he returns will lead us to the promise land. I love JG talent, but we can't continue this yo-yoing back and forth of being here, not being here etc. At least we know what we have now and can more on. He was the best player that Heckert ever drafted and the worst one he ever drafted.

40 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Meh. If they called 31 teams and said they wanted to trade them a guy that could be done for the season and out of the league at any given moment what would they get anyway? Conditional 7th round and a bag of jock straps? 

All these teams calling now are doing so because of the announcement and they just want a shot to get him on that reduced salary for the rest of the season before he hits free agency and they have to roll the dice against 31 other teams for a shot in the dark. 

Honestly when you think about it, it kind of creates a feeding frenzy with a short deadline to get him and multiple teams wanting to get him before he is released and they might be able to squeeze out more than they would have just calling teams behind the scenes  to make a trade.

In retrospect pretty smart, as when Josh is released he instantly becomes a free agent who can sign with whomever he wants at any salary he can dictate plus the $850K he pockets from the Browns by being a vested veteran. The Browns created a frenzy with this announcement to trade him for probably a 7th rounder (Dorsey's fave) at his present salary.

50 minutes ago, darren15 said:
More

Dude, TRADE? Are you out of your mind? He showed up drunk and high. Nobody is trading for this turd. He's done.

1 minute ago, MDDawg said:

In retrospect pretty smart, as when Josh is released he instantly becomes a free agent who can sign with whomever he wants at any salary he can dictate plus the $850K he pockets from the Browns by being a vested veteran. The Browns created a frenzy with this announcement to trade him for probably a 7th rounder (Dorsey's fave) at his present salary.

DUDE....................... he showed up drunk and high.........................he's done. Calling Josh Gordon smart is like calling Zomblow tough.

Not long ago you guys eviscerated me for not being sympathetic to Josh. You went on and on how I was heartless, unsympathetic and downright insensitive and cruel.

I maintained all along that Josh had no character. I maintained that with all the time he had to ready himself, missing training camp should have been his last hurrah. But you geniuses knew better............hell, your medical expertise assured the board that Josh was being mature and finally doing the right thing by taking the extra time to get straight.

I told you all along you were all full of schidt. 

You guys live by what you are fed in the media. You guys are incapable of accepting any reality that doesn't feed a narrative that says " NEVER MIND COMMON SENSE, AND LIFE EXPERIENCE, THERE IS MORE GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES AND MOST PEOPLE JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE BROWNS GENIUS UNDERWORKINGS.

Now, you guys can pizz and moan all you want, but the ONLY REASON Gordon has made the Browns look like idiots, the ONLY REASON the Browns now do not have a stud WR, is because Dorsey, Hue, and company are not very smart. This is on Dorsey, the genius (idiot), and nobody else. How the hell can I know Gordon was going to do this, and the idiot Browns FO not know it? BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LOSERS.

You guys believe what you are told in the media. I don't, in fact, I don't pay much attention to " the experts". TO a man who lives by common sense and mainstream values, Gordon not being able to meet commitments and show up on the opening day of practice was a telltale sign that he was drunk and doped up. There is nothing sad about Josh Gordon being done, the only sadness is that he shortchanged his team, coaches, fans and supportive city. Dorsey has egg on his face and i hope he is held to the fire for it. This is all on him.

59 minutes ago, hx214 said:

This may be possible. Will be an interesting weekend.

Mike

9 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Not long ago you guys eviscerated me for not being sympathetic to Josh. You went on and on how I was heartless, unsympathetic and downright insensitive and cruel.

I maintained all along that Josh had no character. I maintained that with all the time he had to ready himself, missing training camp should have been his last hurrah. But you geniuses knew better............hell, your medical expertise assured the board that Josh was being mature and finally doing the right thing by taking the extra time to get straight.

I told you all along you were all full of schidt. 

You guys live by what you are fed in the media. You guys are incapable of accepting any reality that doesn't feed a narrative that says " NEVER MIND COMMON SENSE, AND LIFE EXPERIENCE, THERE IS MORE GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES AND MOST PEOPLE JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE BROWNS GENIUS UNDERWORKINGS.

Now, you guys can pizz and moan all you want, but the ONLY REASON Gordon has made the Browns look like idiots, the ONLY REASON the Browns now do not have a stud WR, is because Dorsey, Hue, and company are not very smart. This is on Dorsey, the genius (idiot), and nobody else. How the hell can I know Gordon was going to do this, and the idiot Browns FO not know it? BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LOSERS.

You guys believe what you are told in the media. I don't, in fact, I don't pay much attention to " the experts". TO a man who lives by common sense and mainstream values, Gordon not being able to meet commitments and show up on the opening day of practice was a telltale sign that he was drunk and doped up. There is nothing sad about Josh Gordon being done, the only sadness is that he shortchanged his team, coaches, fans and supportive city. Dorsey has egg on his face and i hope he is held to the fire for it. This is all on him.

I dont know how the others think, I am not surprised, but doesn't mean we shouldn't feel bad for the guy. Not the football player, the human being.

Not talking about you or anyone in particular, but I have seen it for years with all kinds of things, mainly sports. Well how could so and so do this, he is a multimillionaire etc. But I look at it a different way. He is still a human being, and just as susceptible to things as the rest of us. Just because he is extremely athletic and made it to the league doesnt mean he cant be messed up in the head. I have witnessed people who had severe addictions/problems, I am sure we all have. The only thing different from them and Gordon is what is in the bank account.

Sure, maybe he shouldn't be playing football, but I dont feel it is right to talk about him personally unless you have walked in his shoes.

God Bless

Archived