THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a long strange trip it’s been.

I can’t help think that Gordon being on the team created some unsavoriness within the locker room and how he was basically given an exemption on training camp and more.

I mean, that’s what creates the bond between a team is going through the same crap, both good stuff and bad, day in and day out, together. It works for a football team as well as a glee club.

The only thing l can liken it too is when Josh Hamilton and his troubled past joined the Reds. He actually performed well for them and didn’t screw up, but there were rumblings about how others on the team didn’t care for the preferential treatment he was getting, and boom, he was later traded.

27 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

if dorsey was the one who let it out they were cutting josh, than now expects some trade value....haslem ought to fire his butt before sundown. Wtf? ur not getting sht now dumbass. 

dorsey got here Dec 7th..trade deadline passed Oct.3rd.Hue may know his trade value than?.He knows Josh trade value is no more than a 6/7th comp.pick at best. if he fails? nobody sees nothing. Dorsey did the right thing to a team that can claim him on a million for a year than what player will see being cut monday. Who's giving Josh a new FA deal?

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wow what a thread... Minimal info = Maximum speculation...

And then there's the cherry on top... Phoolie reverting to form and making the thread all about himself. Now there's a guy who should be cut. Clearly he's on something.

Gee, who didn't see his "Just Call Me Tom" personality losing out to his alpha with a bottle personality "Ghoolie" for the 999th time?   The artist formerly known as Ghoolie lasted 4 days this time? 

11 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Gee, who didn't see his "Just Call Me Tom" personality losing out to his alpha with a bottle personality "Ghoolie" for the 999th time?   The artist formerly known as Ghoolie lasted 4 days this time? 

Shocked and awed, I am. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

if dorsey was the one who let it out they were cutting josh, than now expects some trade value....haslem ought to fire his butt before sundown. Wtf? ur not getting sht now dumbass. 

It does seem as though we would have kept our cool, show cased him today and perhaps Thursday then traded him. Since it appears he has violated nothing to result in a suspension we may get higher than a  7th as teams vie to obtain him for the year on his rookie contract. If he is cut he is a full free agent able to go where he chooses and negotiate his own salary.

Good riddance, addition by subtraction. Last I heard, Gordon stayed out most all of training camp,then claimed a hamstring problem because he played in some ...basketball competion ? Whatever it was, it wasn't permitted by the NFL or the Browns.  I remember that Gordon and Johnny thought they were the only "real" ones...

Gordon is just a locked in loser. Too bad. I thought he would have been in training camp every single day, to get his last chance and....nope. Excuses, fails, and dope and booze,...   All that talent and no legit brains or heart. Nobody can blame the Browns for trying and trying to help him, but he couldn't care less to help himself.

Done.

*EDIT - oh, and I wonder if he was supposed to come back for that pass that got intercepted.

whatever. just....

Done.

I'm not surprised but this but I can't stop feeling frustrated. Talent does not always meet with self control. 

I wish Josh Gordon the best, he looks like a nice guy despite his problems.

Time to move on for us.

35 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Nobody can blame the Browns for trying and trying to help him, but he couldn't care less to help himself.

Exactly. I think we all were hoping he was coming back to give a big boost to the offense. 

It just appears he's unmotivated. If that's the case he won't succeed anywhere.

28 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Our WR depth chart is shocking right now ....we have to add to it either a FA or trade

People who may be near the football........

Offense

9 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

His act has gotten old.  Time to finally move on!!!!!!!!

Yes not old in dog years or NFL wear and tear time only started 38 games, but hangin' with Johnny Football killed both careers. Now will someone else take a flyer on him? Minimum wage deal?

Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch APYd Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       41 38 347 180 3106 17.3 16 95 4.4 75.8   5 88 0 34 17.6 2.1 0.1 185 3194 17.3 3194 16 1 21
2012 21 CLE WR 13 16 13 96 50 805 16.1 5 71 3.1 50.3 52.1%               50 805 16.1 805 5 1 6
2013*+ 22 CLE WR 12 14 14 159 87 1646 18.9 9 95 6.2 117.6 54.7% 5 88 0 34 17.6 6.3 0.4 92 1734 18.8 1734 9 0 11
2014 23 CLE wr 12 5 5 47 24 303 12.6 0 32 4.8 60.6 51.1%               24 303 12.6 303 0 0 2
2015   Missed season - Violation of league substance abuse policy
2017 26 CLE wr 12 5 5 42 18 335 18.6 1 54 3.6 67.0 42.9%               18 335 18.6 335 1 0 2
2018 27 CLE WR 12 1 1 3 1 17 17.0 1 17 1.0 17.0 33.3%               1 17 17.0 17 1 0  

... and the beat goes on...

He hasn't been released yet...

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

True but he is still on the rookie salary correct? If he's a free agent they can ask for the Moon.

Released is being used, but I think "waived" is the proper term (kinda like collusion vs. conspiracy... but I digress).

Anywho... were he waived he'd have to clear waivers to become an UFA, and the odds of that happening given the trade inquiries that came rolling in on the news are slim and none.

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... and the beat goes on...

He hasn't been released yet...

Released is being used, but I think "waived" is the proper term (kinda like collusion vs. conspiracy... but I digress).

Anywho... were he waived he'd have to clear waivers to become an UFA, and the odds of that happening given the trade inquiries that came rolling in on the news are slim and none.

He doesn't have to go through waivers.   He's a vested vet so if he's released he becomes a free agent.  That's why its put out that we are going to release him.  Find out who wants him bad enough to give us something for him.   Once he's released and a free agent he can go anywhere he wants to go.   Dallas and SF have shown interest.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wow what a thread... Minimal info = Maximum speculation...

And then there's the cherry on top... Phoolie reverting to form and making the thread all about himself. Now there's a guy who should be cut. Clearly he's on something.

As Flugles said, it took Ghoolie around 4 days to revert to form Trollie. He's gotten more chances on this Board that Gordon got with the Browns.   :D 

Sorry Tour I wasn't diligent enough in deleting his nonsense flamebaiting. I called him out to post a link showing Gordon was drunk- and I'm still waiting for it. 

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Unfortunately I'm one of the knuckleheads that put logic in a gas fire.  Gotta confess - he beat the tar out of me over the years. When he first arrived I was all - "let's give the guy a chance."  Fooled me once, fooled me twice and then I went all about-face the next few years posting WTF are we wasting our time on this guy for?  Next thing I know I'm finding myself all in on his "Come to Jesus"  moment with finally taking the drug addiction and career serious.  Gee, there's a surprise - Flugel has his village idiot hat on before week 2 kicks off.  That wasn't cheap either. I had to fill out an id ten t form to get it. Here's what that form looks like in all caps - ID10T.

There's allegedly a handful of teams interested (per ESPN's Adam Schefter) - so can we  at least get more than a 7th round pick for him?  Or, do we massacre that too? 

You got caught up in his potential, Flugz. We all did. The comments now, including mine are filled with a lot of frustration and anger. I think however that even his best champion has to admit that the likelihood that he showed up drunk/high is pretty good. I imagine the Browns are not going to broadcast what Kabot wrote as "he wasn't himself" and "they felt his sobriety was in question". If Gordon was just drunk he will play again. If he was high then we will find out about it. Either way, whoever, if anyone picks him up, he becomes someone else's headache. I wouldn't take a chance on him.

45 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

You got caught up in his potential, Flugz. We all did. The comments now, including mine are filled with a lot of frustration and anger. I think however that even his best champion has to admit that the likelihood that he showed up drunk/high is pretty good. I imagine the Browns are not going to broadcast what Kabot wrote as "he wasn't himself" and "they felt his sobriety was in question". If Gordon was just drunk he will play again. If he was high then we will find out about it. Either way, whoever, if anyone picks him up, he becomes someone else's headache. I wouldn't take a chance on him.

Tom at this point- it's not frustration- Gordon has frustrated us often enough. I my corner- it's disappointment that a guy with all the talent in the world didn't have enough discipline to use it. It would be so Browns for him to go on to another team and have a stellar career. Dorsey and Hue finally just ran out of patience- and the rest of us too.   

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Tom at this point- it's not frustration- Gordon has frustrated us often enough. I my corner- it's disappointment that a guy with all the talent in the world didn't have enough discipline to use it. It would be so Browns for him to go on to another team and have a stellar career. Dorsey and Hue finally just ran out of patience- and the rest of us too.   

Larry, we have been on the same page on this guy all along. I just spit fire and brimstone differently than you do. Along the way, I was condemning the NFL for what I thought was unfair punishment. Rather than mingle adjectives and feelings, my position is what I hope the organizations' is; It doesn't matter what happens in Gordon's future, we need to put him in our past. He needs to be gone. There are too many good players and positive energies with this team now to bee flucking around with this idiot.

Archived