THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

darren15

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The whole training camp situation just seemed... odd. 

I have a feeling in the upcoming weeks we'll be hearing a lot of Gordon stories. 

I was thinking earlier.. Someone is gonna write one hell of a book down the road .. And I'm sure Gordon will have a chapter all about him.. it's sad no matter how you slice it....

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm curious how many players in the locker room heard the news and said to themselves: "About damn time...." 

I'm guessing more than a few & I would love to know who they are.

Mike

1 minute ago, Canton Mike said:

I'm guessing more than a few & I would love to know who they are.

Mike

Any player that thinks: "You know, if this was me, my butt would have been cut back in 2014."

Anyone who has ever worked has had a coworker that seemingly can get away with murder... and that too can hurt morale. 

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i think he was very highly.liked on both sides of the ball, thats why this is gonna be a morale killer. But yeah im also syre no one is terribly syrprised either

True. 

Josh Gordon seems like a likable enough person. He isn't Terrell Owens. 

I totally get why so many people rooted for Josh Gordon the person. What I didn't get is how so many Browns fans seemingly threw away any logic regarding him as a member of the Browns.  

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Any player that thinks: "You know, if this was me, my butt would have been cut back in 2014."

Anyone who has ever worked has had a coworker that seemingly can get away with murder... and that too can hurt morale. 

Very well said. I've heard others say (many times) "Why bust my butt?"

IMHO, this will be addition by subtraction in the final analysis.

Mike

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've been watching the Browns since the early 80s.

Josh Gordon's 2013 season was the single most dominant season I've ever seen from a Browns player, regardless of side of ball or position. 

But that was 2013. 

Yeah- he led the league in receiving yards, and didn't even play in all 16 games IIRC. Ancient history in NFL terms. 

Nah, Dorsey and Hue knew exactly what they were dealing with in Gordon- a problem child with rare talent. He got one last chance and blew it. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've been watching the Browns since the early 80s.

Josh Gordon's 2013 season was the single most dominant season I've ever seen from a Browns player, regardless of side of ball or position. 

But that was 2013. 

Yes JG had one great pro bowl season and burned out, after being out of football they gave him a last shot.....he flamed out again, he's gone.

He can go into the car business now parking them, washing them or stealing them. It's basically over, maybe buy his book if it ever comes out.

1 hour ago, beare said:

His trade value is even less now they put out  they plan on releaseing him.

That move actually brings his trade value up, since it puts a definite timetable for when they need to agree on the deal.

A team could trade for him and his rookie contract, or wait for him to be cut and have to pay more. Possibly significantly more since the interested teams could end up driving the price up.

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Gunz, I am not talking about having compassion for Josh Gordon the man. However, open your other eye and consider this..................

The Browns team coached and fans have forgiven him over and over. Money has been spent, promises have been repeatedly broken, and now, lies come out in abundance. Not just Josh lying about why he missed training camp, but lies from his doctors and caregivers, from his agent, and from anyone who was close to him. Consider the money, time, energy and momentum this franchise lost by putting things on hold for him?

Gordon wasn't just late to practice, he lied about the reason being a hurt hamstring, and as you will see in the reports coming out (they will minimize the language) but people we know pretty high up have already passed the word, he smelled of booze and pot. He was drunk AND high.

Man, you can soft-sell this all you want, but this makes the Browns organization look stupider than ever. To not see this coming? To not sign someone and cut ties with this guy months ago? Inexcusable. Josh Gordon is a junkie. Until he stops lying about his " sobriety" and how important it is to him and admits that he is a habitual liar, deceiver, and addict he will never get better.

Dorsey has egg on his face

All of that may very well be true, but I know I have never made any type of comments about him.

My point is I think it is a little harsh to call him the names and had the things said that have been written on here (again, not specifically 1 person). But to call him a piece of sh## is wrong to me. We dont know what he has been through or any of his situation or past. Again, the football player part needs no sympathy, he has had way too many chances and you just can't count on him. But the man, he deserves our sympathy and prayers that he can get it all straightened out.

John 8:7 "Let he that is without sin let he cast the first stone"

What I hope for Mr Gordon is that whether he ever plays another down or not, I hope he can help people at high risk to have the same issues as himself. Turn his life around and help others become better people as well.

Prayers for all of you and Josh.

God Bless

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

All of that may very well be true, but I know I have never made any type of comments about him.

My point is I think it is a little harsh to call him the names and had the things said that have been written on here (again, not specifically 1 person). But to call him a piece of sh## is wrong to me. We dont know what he has been through or any of his situation or past. Again, the football player part needs no sympathy, he has had way too many chances and you just can't count on him. But the man, he deserves our sympathy and prayers that he can get it all straightened out.

John 8:7 "Let he that is without sin let he cast the first stone"

What I hope for Mr Gordon is that whether he ever plays another down or not, I hope he can help people at high risk to have the same issues as himself. Turn his life around and help others become better people as well.

Prayers for all of you and Josh.

God Bless

I am speaking of Josh the football player.

3 hours ago, beare said:

Trade value? LMAO. 

The Browns are doing their best to Browns this whole season. First they release Coleman, who is now with NE. Then they release Kendricks who is now in Seattle... and now to top it all off they are talking about releasing Gordon... WTF!

Haslam- if you ever want to win a motherShmucking game, you need to check Hue and Huever else is riding their high horse cowpoop. 

Signed, Pissed in NE Ohio.

28 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

The Browns are doing their best to Browns this whole season. First they release Coleman, who is now with NE. Then they release Kendricks who is now in Seattle... and now to top it all off they are talking about releasing Gordon... WTF!

Haslam- if you ever want to win a motherShmucking game, you need to check Hue and Huever else is riding their high horse cowpoop. 

Signed, Pissed in NE Ohio.

Coleman is useless with a questionable attitude

Kendricks is a criminal about to be sent down

Gordon is an addict who has blown yet another chance

The only thing the browns are guilty of is giving these players too many chances

A player with half the talent but 100% commitment is way better than all the talent and 50% commitment. Give gordons spot to someone who really wants it 

Wow what a thread... Minimal info = Maximum speculation...

And then there's the cherry on top... Phoolie reverting to form and making the thread all about himself. Now there's a guy who should be cut. Clearly he's on something.

7 hours ago, beare said:

True but he is still on the rookie salary correct? If he's a free agent they can ask for the Moon.

I heard the reason they can cut him even though he says he's injured his because the injury didn't happen at practice or during a game but at a photoshoot. So now he has to stay away from weed booze and Nikons.

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

True but he is still on the rookie salary correct? If he's a free agent they can ask for the Moon.

I heard the reason they can cut him even though he says he's injured his because the injury didn't happen at practice or during a game but at a photoshoot. So now he has to stay away from weed booze and Nikons.

WSS

So no photography vacations in Amsterdam

I don't get the media using the words "showed up to practice". It was on a Saturday? yes/no? Yea, I can believe there was team meetings, Than throw on a suit to get bussed to airport to fly to NOLA...When's the last time a guy battling anxiety issues flew on a plane? No excuse to show up fried, but signs point to Josh has a illness he can't solely control? maybe meds too?     

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

True. 

Josh Gordon seems like a likable enough person. He isn't Terrell Owens. 

I totally get why so many people rooted for Josh Gordon the person. What I didn't get is how so many Browns fans seemingly threw away any logic regarding him as a member of the Browns.  

Unfortunately I'm one of the knuckleheads that put logic in a gas fire.  Gotta confess - he beat the tar out of me over the years. When he first arrived I was all - "let's give the guy a chance."  Fooled me once, fooled me twice and then I went all about-face the next few years posting WTF are we wasting our time on this guy for?  Next thing I know I'm finding myself all in on his "Come to Jesus"  moment with finally taking the drug addiction and career serious.  Gee, there's a surprise - Flugel has his village idiot hat on before week 2 kicks off.  That wasn't cheap either. I had to fill out an id ten t form to get it. Here's what that form looks like in all caps - ID10T.

There's allegedly a handful of teams interested (per ESPN's Adam Schefter) - so can we  at least get more than a 7th round pick for him?  Or, do we massacre that too? 

Archived