THE BROWNS BOARD

The official Terry Pluto thread

Westside Steve

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

kinda sad we can't get Pluto, unless you subscript.. let's see how long this may last before locked?  Could not agree more at #3/#4..  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/09/scribbling-about-cleveland-browns-cuts-a-great-day-for-rashard-higgins-terry-pluto.html

Yes.....the revolving door at QB, HC and the ones calling the shots and making the picks can't be overstated.  Hopefully this is over.

And another side show to the good BROWNS WRs, RBs are the TEs remember there still is only one football on the field.

10. New Browns coach Kevin Stefanski loves tight ends and five made the roster: Austin Hooper, Stephen Carlson, Harrison Bryant, David Njoku and Pharaoh Brown. The tight end obsession aside, this still seems like one too many. I wonder if Njoku could be headed elsewhere.....best of luck to Coach Stefanski in 2020 and......

GO BROWNS, baby !   Can't wait to get started vs Baltimore.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

10. New Browns coach Kevin Stefanski loves tight ends and five made the roster:

I've been asking all along, which of the 4 TE's will be the blocker.  The answer was none.  They kept Pharaoh Brown.  

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

It's funny, I still haven't made an official prediction about the season. I honestly don't know what to say. Our division is murderous, we're starting yet ANOTHER offensive system, and I'm not sold on Mayfield. I WANT to be sold on him, but he's got a ways to go before anyone anoints him as the savior. We also have a rookie LT that has never PLAYED LT. That doesn't sound like a terrific idea as I say it out loud. Defensively, we're already banged up in the secondary, and I don't recognize ANY of our linebackers. That can't be good. 

With all that being said, I do think we're better than last year. I can virtually guarantee that Stefanski is a better coach than Freddie. I know in my heart that we'll be better this year, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we will be a playoff team. I urge people not to judge our team after this week. We have a monumental task ahead of us and Baltimore might be the second best team in the league. Don't panic if we get our asses planted in the dirt at 1pm. It's a long season and we don't win season openers. 

If I HAD to make a prediction, I'll reluctantly say we'll go 9-7. We'll turn it in on after a slowish start and compete for a wild card. Mayfield goes for 24 tds but only 12 picks and he also runs in 4 more off bootlegs. 

Today's score? Don't shoot me, but I'm going Baltimore 31 and Browns 16. (I said the same thing last year and we won, so here's to hoping!!) 

Browns fans go out to bars and restaurants to watch the season opening game against the RavensHere they come... The Streets ain't stopping me.. 🎶 the greatest fans on earth..that ya'd ever meet..   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/09/no-matter-what-some-browns-fans-are-planning-to-come-thursday-home-opener-terry-pluto.html

30 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Here they come... The Streets ain't stopping me.. 🎶 the greatest fans on earth..that ya'd ever meet..   https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/09/no-matter-what-some-browns-fans-are-planning-to-come-thursday-home-opener-terry-pluto.html

I love die hard fans. Ain't nothin' like 'em come hell or high water! For this team definitely no sunshine patriots since there hasn't been sunshine in Cleveland football for years.🤩👍

17 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

our running backs are inspiring to say the least. On one point - I think if the Browns had tried to run more vs the ratbirds, *their first game* ...they would have ended up in more third and longs, maybe. I'm still hoping for a few more throws to the high talent TE's - that should make a defense sit back on their heels. Once the Browns offense gets really rolling - they will be very, very hard to stop. and Stefanski called a great game.

19 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

our running backs are inspiring to say the least. On one point - I think if the Browns had tried to run more vs the ratbirds, *their first game* ...they would have ended up in more third and longs, maybe. I'm still hoping for a few more throws to the high talent TE's - that should make a defense sit back on their heels. Once the Browns offense gets really rolling - they will be very, very hard to stop. and Stefanski called a great game.

OH YES, RUN THE BALL.    From Terry. On the money.......

.....Run the ball.

In the name of Nick Chubb, give the ball to the running back. He is a remarkable combination of bullish power with a ballet dancer’s knack of making sharp cuts and changing direction. Put 124 yards in 24 carries next to his name.

In the name of Baker Mayfield, watch him play with comfort, confidence and a sense of security thanks to his blockers and his play caller. He had one interception, but otherwise looked so much better than in many of his games in 2019.

In the name of Odell Beckham, how about that 43-yard catch from Mayfield? How about the receiver fitting into this balanced offense, at least on this fun Thursday night?

In the name of Kareem Hunt, did you see how he took over the running game from Chubb and the Willoughby South product wore down the Bengals. He bolted for 86 yards in 10 carries.

Now, the numbers that really count: Final score, Browns 35, Cincinnati 30.

LOVE THOSE BACKS

That sigh of relief you hear is coming from the Browns front office and new head coach Kevin Stefanski. This was the offense they imagined when assembling the team and putting together a playbook. It helped erase some of the embarrassment from Sunday’s loss to Baltimore......

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Shit I hope this doesn't turn into another pay-per-view site looks like they want eighty bucks for a subscription

They are all going that way writers don't make any or much money on free sites but you hate to have a bunch of subscription sites all over the place if you like to read them.

The new way of doing business in the 2020s.     :huh:

31 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

They are all going that way writers don't make any or much money on free sites but you hate to have a bunch of subscription sites all over the place if you like to read them.

The new way of doing business in the 2020s.     :huh:

No Doubt. But their overhead is now just about nil and Pluto is making a bunch of money because he's a draw for Cleveland. Com. And they still sell advertisements. I'm sure they can do what they want but if Terry Pluto his all I read then it's probably not worth buying the subscription. C'est la vie.

By the way it opens up from my Google account page it just seems to be the link that sends you to the subscription hook.

WSS

Another mailbag gem today. His opening 3-question combo is germane to an ongoing thread here.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/09/what-about-the-browns-defense-and-its-salary-cap-earl-thomas-joe-schobert-hey-terry.html

get it while it last... https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/09/a-big-step-ahead-for-cleveland-browns-can-they-take-it-terry-pluto.html     The offense seemed to find it's gears in Week 2.. Next up! are 4 games, featuring the Top 3 NFL teams leading in sacks... Week 3... it's time to get this Defense on track...   

Terry talkin' to himself again today...

... but in a better mood than many Monday's of the recent past.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/09/change-from-being-the-same-old-browns-lets-scribble-about-it-terry-pluto.html

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Terry talkin' to himself again today...

... but in a better mood than many Monday's of the recent past.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/09/change-from-being-the-same-old-browns-lets-scribble-about-it-terry-pluto.html

I ain't payin' that kind of money to read it. Gets block in seconds now.