THE BROWNS BOARD

The official Terry Pluto thread

Westside Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I have been waiting to see what Terry Pluto has to say because he's usually the most rational and objective of sportswriters. His take is probably the right one which makes the front office backstabbing even more indefensible but that aside I certainly don't want Watson as the face of the Cleveland Browns. Only because of his legal troubles for his problems getting along with the team prior to those coming to light.

WSS

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fbrowns%2F2022%2F03%2Fbrowns-were-more-done-with-baker-mayfield-than-most-of-us-thought-terry-pluto.html&h=AT2aMh5vZM4YJaF6O4dUvgCCRNIgd3QqKZLbdJVtdiZ1NfdUTTreRCqRTMw3yvtOvAiMWx63DhdxLgw_vVoHb1I-1x7FMdvwlcq1HGbHTe7agiYO16ESwxTHb8gL_nouRUZ80aWUGLWLkDn56A

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

This whole farce gets more ridiculous by the hour... I hope Baker finds a home soon...

• Upvote 1

Obviously that was his twin brother Billy Mayfield doing all the talking.😉

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Get it free while ya can..

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/09/coaches-feeling-pressure-adds-more-meaning-to-browns-steelers-game-terry-plutos-pregame-scribbles.html

1) Haslam hates losses to the Yitzer's

2) short week... I don't want to see D'Ernest Johnson in street clothes this game👀 

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'll be at the game tomorrow night, sitting in the upper deck, so I'll get a great view of the secondary all night long. 

2nd job ! Keep Haslam in his owners booth.. avoid walks from sidelines to tunnels :) The freaks come out at night

What time does the tailgating lots open?  Get us a Win !

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Terry nailed it Steve.. This team has gotten progressively worse...  If Stefanski doesn't right the ship soon, he's going to lose the locker room... And he's cooked. 

Part of the problem outside of Myles, the defensive line stinks, and can't get any pressure on the quarterback, but the defensive backfield was supposed to be a strength. And we're seeing opposing wide receivers still running free uncovered in the Browns secondary. Yeah, Joe gotta go.

I agree, Brisette was sucking so badly- there was no reason not to pull him in favor of Dobbs- not like you'd be benching Josh Allen. Ruin his confidence? Ahem, we made the Patriots third string rookie quarterback look like Tom Brady. Revolting.

Speaking of Josh, I'm about ready to shit-can my bucket list trip to Buffalo later in the year. Eight hours of driving to witness a blowout would be a huge waste of money. Even though I'd only need one night in a hotel and a game ticket.  :(

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Terry nailed it Steve.. This team has gotten progressively worse...  If Stefanski doesn't right the ship soon, he's going to lose the locker room... And he's cooked. 

Part of the problem outside of Myles, the defensive line stinks, and can't get any pressure on the quarterback, but the defensive backfield was supposed to be a strength. And we're seeing opposing wide receivers still running free uncovered in the Browns secondary. Yeah, Joe gotta go.

I agree, Brisette was sucking so badly- there was no reason not to pull him in favor of Dobbs- not like you'd be benching Josh Allen. Ruin his confidence? Ahem, we made the Patriots third string rookie quarterback look like Tom Brady. Revolting.

Speaking of Josh, I'm about ready to shit-can my bucket list trip to Buffalo later in the year. Eight hours of driving to witness a blowout would be a huge waste of money. Even though I'd only need one night in a hotel and a game ticket.  :(

Larry...

I think Kevvy has already lost it... I Think next were gonna see a revolt on defense... I think these players have to be sick of Joe "motherfucking"  Woods... He's neutering these boys... We need a DC with an aggressive get after it defense... I'm sick of this namby pamby shit...

FeFuqUSXoAIKHCY.jpg

• Like 1

Last season some of the baker haters got Furious if stefansky would get called out for play calling etc. I'm not aiming to pick the scab off that debate but the signs were there. But while Some people prefer to focus on Odell Beckham's father's tweets they overlook the fact that stefanski wasn't calling plays that went to beckham. If he did and Mayfield missed that's on mayfield. The haters want to focus on Mayfield insisting on playing, well fine. It's not his decision to make it's stefanski's. Only two options either the coach was bullied by the player or the owner or he made the decision himself. Either way, well you get the idea.

But the front office knew Watson wasn't going to be available and refused to look into Jimmy Garoppolo. But before I start putting the blame on Jacoby Brissett who is always been a bum, just not a hateful bum, whether it's him or Mayfield or Tom Brady or Johnny Manziel the team has to be kicking ass on every other front in order to succeed. And it's probably too vague to make this call but it doesn't look like they care. Bill Belichick's team looked like they cared. 

Had hot diggity dog Garrett and cloney are excited to have Jacoby and watson. Same red flag with colony as the last few years. And Garrett is unfortunately not invulnerable either.

It could be that the owner and the analytics team and the front office might be dictating how they want stefanski to run his team. If that's the case you can't blame the players for not rallying around a guy who doesn't call the shots when push comes to shove.

I don't always agree 100% with Pluto but even though the Browns are a secondary love for him he is one of us.

WSS

• Upvote 1

Oh he's lost the locker room. They quit and it's obvious. This isn't going to get better btw. This is going to slide so much further that it will be impossible to keep our coach. Losing those early games not only ruined our season it impacted our future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Oh he's lost the locker room. They quit and it's obvious. This isn't going to get better btw. This is going to slide so much further that it will be impossible to keep our coach. Losing those early games not only ruined our season it impacted our future. 

The thing that has impacted the present AND the future is our dipshit owner trading numerous picks for a guy who most likely wasn’t going to play this year

Even if he does play, they will be so far out of contention it won’t matter

The ONLY saving grace is if by some miracle they win the next 2 games. And that sure does seem very very very unlikely 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

The thing that has impacted the present AND the future is our dipshit owner trading numerous picks for a guy who most likely wasn’t going to play this year

We all knew he would be out for an extended period of time.  So, they knew it too.  Therefore, this trade was not made with this year in mind.  We were always going to have to get through this season. 

2 hours ago, Orion said:

We all knew he would be out for an extended period of time.  So, they knew it too.  Therefore, this trade was not made with this year in mind.  We were always going to have to get through this season. 

The problem is so much of what is wrong with this team has zero to do about the QB posiiton. 

Watson isn't fixing this godawful defense and special teams. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Orion said:

We all knew he would be out for an extended period of time.  So, they knew it too.  Therefore, this trade was not made with this year in mind.  We were always going to have to get through this 

We are stuck with a dipshit, who never earned his way into his family fortune 

And I know Randy Lerner had the same situation, but he got out of the way. 
The owners now are going to run this team into oblivion, if they are not there already 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Browns149 said:

The ONLY saving grace is if by some miracle they win the next 2 games. And that sure does seem very very very unlikely 

I know, you're right. I'm just so overly negative right now that I can't even BEGIN to see how we win. Honestly, I'm thinking we might lose by 30. I know Baltimore has been stepping on their Johnson at the end of games, but let's face it, we're one of the worst covering defenses AND rushing defenses against a former mvp. Yikes. 

The only way we win is if we get the "magical game" where we get the fumble that rolls to us for a defensive TD, Baltimore muffs a punt, they drop some passes, and whatever else. We need the game where everything goes our way. I just wouldn't bet on it. 

This season was over when they didn't trade for Garoppolo. We knew how bad it was going to be, we knew the suspension was 11 games, and we didn't change a thing. Bailey Zappe torched us btw. At home, when we needed it. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The problem is so much of what is wrong with this team has zero to do about the QB posiiton. 

Watson isn't fixing this godawful defense and special teams. 

Cleveland fans and Cleveland media have a tendency to over rate everything by about 10 times. Beginning of the Season everybody is back everybody is healthy best team in the history of the NFL on paper. Napoleon and snowball had driven off farmer jones. That euphoria didn't last long. Now Watson is seen as the great savior and will come in off of his 2-year vacation throw for 10 touchdowns a game and run for another 10..

Hopefully he's stayed away from the houses of ill repute during his leave of absence.

WSS

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hopefully he's stayed away from the houses of ill repute during his leave of absence.

Ironic how they punish a young man for behavior that needs to change...and then ban him from being with the team and in the facility, sending him out on his own.  - That'll teach him!

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

Ironic how they punish a young man for behavior that needs to change...and then ban him from being with the team and in the facility, sending him out on his own.  - That'll teach him!

One would hope that idiot Haslem has some pretty serious handlers following the SOB around. Because you know there's some chicks out there just willing to bite that hook/take umbrage at his tactics. At a sports reporter ready and willing to tell the story.

I doubt any of his teammates think he needs to change his behavior, just not get caught.

WSS

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

One would hope that idiot Haslem has some pretty serious handlers following the SOB around. Because you know there's some chicks out there just willing to bite that hook/take umbrage at his tactics. At a sports reporter ready and willing to tell the story.

I doubt any of his teammates think he needs to change his behavior, just not get caught.

WSS

Before I run out of free articles... If you want to sue me, don't hide behind Jane Doe....  

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2022/10/13/cleveland-browns-quarterback-deshaun-watson-faces-new-lawsuit/10492501002/

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2022/10/17/cleveland-browns-no-longer-tough-smart-accountable-after-new-england-patriots-loss/69566474007/

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes I'm out of freebies too. Haha.

But that kind of gold digging and opportunism is to be expected in cases like these which really sucks meaning that if anybody was actually harmed they get thrown in the same pot.

Doesn't take away the creepiness Factor though.

WSS 

On 10/17/2022 at 9:26 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Maybe Ryan Reynolds and that dude from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia can buy the Browns. 

I was thinking the Schottensteins... They have the $$ to make it happen

On 10/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, Orion said:

We all knew he would be out for an extended period of time.  So, they knew it too.  Therefore, this trade was not made with this year in mind.  We were always going to have to get through this season

This. This is what we have to remember. This is what I'm hoping keeps our coach. I want everyone to think about our offense with Watson. That seems like almost impossible to stop, and next year we're GOING to have a legit deep threat. We just have to keep it together until then. Please Jimmy, don't fire the coach. Everyone else can piss off, but not our coach. We've almost got it set up perfectly on offense. This season was doomed when the suspension went to 11 games and we didn't go after Garoppolo. 

• Thanks 1