THE BROWNS BOARD

The official Terry Pluto thread

Westside Steve

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

No predictions until after the Chiefs game Steve. Win and the expectations are going to be Super Bowl or Bust.  A loss and 11-6 sounds about right.  What I won't be able to stand is a fluke loss in the AFC title game. I've had enough of Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble. 

Yeah- right now on paper we're as good as any other team in the AFC, but paper doesn't win games. Have to stay relatively healthy too.    

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

No predictions until after the Chiefs game Steve. Win and the expectations are going to be Super Bowl or Bust.  A loss and 11-6 sounds about right.  What I won't be able to stand is a fluke loss in the AFC title game. I've had enough of Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble. 

Yeah- right now on paper we're as good as any other team in the AFC, but paper doesn't win games. Have to stay relatively healthy too.    

I hear you bud. I am loathe to make predictions other than my typical one which is  undefeated through the playoffs and Super Bowl. Anything less is bad officiating.

🐵👍

WSS

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Paper has won me a few games in rock paper scissors.

I always liked rock the best..... besides you can wrap tonight's dinner scraps in the sports page, especially if you lose.   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/10/browns-do-what-needed-to-be-done-play-smart-solid-football-terry-pluto.html

Yes they did. It's not like they beat a Super Bowl contender but on a short week with so many injuries they showed the kind of grit I hope they can sustain till The Walking Dead heal up if and when they do.

WSS

Baker will likely try to play. It's who he is. If we're going to reach playoffs, he'll have to play. Case might beat a bad team, but he's not eating anything else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Steve, wasn't at the game, but heard there was some booing?  Well buckle up buttercup.... Season ticket fans have every right to boo when they see a shit performance.  It goes with the territory. Yeah, it's not all Baker's fault, but if you want a $35-40 million contract- start playing like you deserve it, not like some third string scrub 1\2 the time.  If you're hurt, and it's affecting your performance- take a seat until you're healthier. "It's not complicated" the AT&T girl says. 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Steve, wasn't at the game, but heard there was some booing?  Well buckle up buttercup.... Season ticket fans have every right to boo when they see a shit performance.  It goes with the territory. Yeah, it's not all Baker's fault, but if you want a $35-40 million contract- start playing like you deserve it, not like some third string scrub 1\2 the time.  If you're hurt, and it's affecting your performance- take a seat until you're healthier. "It's not complicated" the AT&T girl says. 

People are going to be assholes. Nothing I can do about it but I don't have to like it. I don't boo and curse players that I believe are working hard and doing their best and take pride in their jobs. I boo and curse the Squeelers.  I boo and curse bad officiating.  Not my guys.

By the way I do not stand up and scream fuck you at the chef in a restaurant a singer at a pub or the priest at church if I'm unhappy with the dinner or a song selection or the sermon. Even if I paid for the dinner, tipped the server and put money in the collection plate.

WSS 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 8:06 AM, Westside Steve said:

People are going to be assholes. Nothing I can do about it but I don't have to like it. I don't boo and curse players that I believe are working hard and doing their best and take pride in their jobs. I boo and curse the Squeelers.  I boo and curse bad officiating.  Not my guys.

By the way I do not stand up and scream fuck you at the chef in a restaurant a singer at a pub or the priest at church if I'm unhappy with the dinner or a song selection or the sermon. Even if I paid for the dinner, tipped the server and put money in the collection plate.

WSS 

Yep.

People who boo their own players just because things are going well....are not doing their team nor themselves any good. But super egos get in the way - they vent, but on the flip side, the entire team figures they are being booed.

Counter-productive behavior solves no problem.