THE BROWNS BOARD

KITCHENS NEW HEAD COACH

darren15

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I do appreciate some of the sentiment behind Freddie's hire, I am also a bit jealous of the Broncos.   Vic is probably the top defensive mind in the NFL and that Donkey's defense is going to be scary again real soon. 

I hope and trust we find a DC with a similar mind for dominance.  

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

While I do appreciate some of the sentiment behind Freddie's hire, I am also a bit jealous of the Broncos.   Vic is probably the top defensive mind in the NFL and that Donkey's defense is going to be scary again real soon. 

And Kubiac for OC... But Case Keenum at QB?  Hey John Boy, please draft another Osweiler or Paxton Lynch, and all will be well from a Browns perspective.... 

Just now, hoorta said:

And Kubiac for OC... But Case Keenum at QB?  Hey John Boy, please draft another Osweiler or Paxton Lynch, and all will be well from a Browns perspective.... 

They won a SB with a one armed, half necked Peyton.      If you have one side of the ball that is that damn good, all you need is the other side to be complimentary in order to make a run.  

21 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Curious what you may think of Chuck Pagano.  I hope the DC is older but proven vet kind of guy and Pagano fills that mold nicely. 

4 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Curious what you may think of Chuck Pagano.  I hope the DC is older but proven vet kind of guy and Pagano fills that mold nicely. 

The transition he tried with the defense in Indy really didn't go well.   And, last I checked, he's one of the last true 2 gap disciples left in the NFL.    I feel like I would look else where.

4 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

Yeah that huge SuperBowl ring on his finger is far inferior to a guy who went from RB Coach to OC to HC in under a year, for sure. How many Super Bowls has Freddie been to, again? 

The Packers seemed to disagree with you, just saying 

well here is the thing about CC's comments(and Im no Cowherd fan)- we did hire a guy who other teams werent going to be hiring as HC.  Guy was an unknown rb coach a few months ago.  He may have been able to parlay a 7 game or whatever nice stretch into an OC position, but a lot of people are going to view this as a reach....may work out and may not, but we certainly didn't get the prettiest belle at the ball or anything close....

Just now, Tacosman said:

well here is the thing about CC's comments(and Im no Cowherd fan)- we did hire a guy who other teams werent going to be hiring as HC.  Guy was an unknown rb coach a few months ago.  He may have been able to parlay a 7 game or whatever nice stretch into an OC position, but a lot of people are going to view this as a reach....may work out and may not, but we certainly didn't get the prettiest belle at the ball or anything close....

A lot of people thought Mayfield wasn’t th prettiest pick at 1 and Chubb wasn’t the best back on the board. I’m cool with how that turned out. I’m also pretty happy with the offense I watched under Freddie. They couldn’t make him OC without risking losing him next year. I’m happy with the move. I do hope they get a DC with prior HC experience and no ego to mentor him further. 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You realize this guy just does this to piss you and others like you off.

I literally never even heard of this dude before the he became popular by slamming Baker...... I can't believe anyone still watches or listens to Sports Talk.

Read today that it was Dorsey who first brought Kitchens in as RB coach not Haley and that Williams didn’t have a say in Kitchens becoming OC, Dorsey made that call and promotion. 

Makes you wonder just how long Dorsey has had Freddie in mind for a significant long term role here 

God bless Freddie!

I'll support him.  Until such time that he demonstrates that he shouldn't be HC.  

As jcam222 said, How can you not like this guy?  Good luck Freddie!!

52 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Read today that it was Dorsey who first brought Kitchens in as RB coach not Haley 

Good! Have your guy forward that info to MKC & tell her she's wrong again & to find another job :D..thanks & hail the queen(s) 

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Did you enjoy the last 7 games of the year?? I sure did and our O was ranked very highly. 

I did enjoy it but numbers can tell the narrative we want them to tell.  My nervousness rests in the limited sample size and how Freddie will handle the adversity.  He’s only been an offensive coordinator for s blip and never been the head honcho.  I will say that Dorsey has done a lot to earn some trust so I am not saying this is a bad hire, I’m just not loving it on paper 

5 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

This guy is such a fucking faggot asswipe douchenozzle..

Regarding the Browns "losing franchise" mentality Cow-pie:  You obviously aren't old enough to  remember the 60s wear the paper bag Saints. Didn't have a winning record for their first 20 years. They sucked as bad as the Browns have of late.  Or how about those Tampa Bay Yuckaneers?  Three winning seasons out of their first 20. Steelers blew dead worms before 1972. Then all of them went on to win Super Bowls. Teams don't stay down forever, and they don't stay on top forever either. 

Keep on a flamin'. McCarthy is such a hot candidate, he's still looking for work.  :D 

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

If you think this is the same old Browns in any form or fashion you’ve not been paying attention for awhile. 

Im all too aware of the attention Ive paid.  Im of the mind if it aint broke dont fix it.  Gw got alot out of the boys in orange in the short time here was in charge...he deserved a chance.

Archived