THE BROWNS BOARD

Greedy Williams

GuNNerGatSKi

WOW.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-coach-freddie-kitchens-gm-john-dorsey-explain-the-greedy-williams-pick-pr

On Williams’ best attributes, including ability to track the football:

Dorsey: “One of the coaches at LSU said he is one of the most gifted corners ever to come through LSU. That speaks volumes. What is that? That is a learned trait from a young age. That is an instinctive trait and following from the eyes. He has played the position to the point where he has a nice intuitive feel about the game of football.”

Sherman became a somewhat better run stopper as his career progressed, didn't he? Yes it's a current deficiency with Greedy but it's something that can be worked on. This just became a potentially ridiculous defense. Good god had we gotten Thomas or Berry and perhaps even Lee....the govt would come trustbusting to Cleveland. Im a little bit dizzy about it tbh. Almost like, this can't really be happening....this just doesn't happen to Cleveland. 

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

The three players I wanted this draft.

Nick Bosa

DK Metcalf 

Greedy Williams

Nick wasn't happening, Metcalf was a luxury pick.  and our Steeler troll doesn't like Greedy, which means he's jealous...  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/browns/greedy-williams-i-know-one-thing-the-browns-are-going-to-the-super-bowl-this-year/95-0d277382-c93b-405c-9193-454e226840d1

Here's a fact. So far I don't know of any prediction he's ever made in the past that has not come true. For what it's worth. 😁

WSS

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/social-media-reacts-to-browns-2nd-round-selection-of-lsu-greedy-williams

Greedy’s mom pushed a laundry buggy thru streets of the projects, took a bus to a job at Holiday Inn paying her $180 a week & the family’s low-income home was in such shape that rent was as little as $8 a month.

Yet Vagitron claims that there are very heavy character concerns about this guy. just what are those supposed to be if you know?

10 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Now if only the rumors are true about Darron Lee so crossing routes won't be open 100% of the time this season..

We can only pray that is true given the ST player we took in Rd. 3. Otherwise the hole in the middle of the D just gets deeper and deeper.

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Vagitron claims that there are very heavy character concerns

He says a lot of things.  Perhaps he's attempting to start a rumor?

I looked this morning and couldn't find any mention of these concerns.  As they say on the internets, show your proof or it didn't happen..

The Great Zomboni predicted all offseason that the Browns would tab a cornerback first. But even the Great one didn't expect Greedy Williams to be on the board for us.

Major get. "Best cover corner in the draft". You need a lot of corners in the NFL now, and we should have four that are as good as anybody's four if this kid is what we (and the Browns) think he is.

I have no problem spending a 5th to move up, either, for once we have a deep roster, and more draft picks than roster spots, so we needed to use a couple picks as collateral to move up, it will probably happen today as well.

When everyone was taking linemen the first day, I knew that was great news for the CB market, but I didn't imagine getting Williams ... that's just greedy. (Sorry, everyone gets to make one lame "greedy" joke.)

Zombo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While he's not a polished corner in all aspects, he doesn't have to be right away. There's talent at CB already in the locker room, Williams won't be forced to play a bigger role than he can handle to start his career. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

While he's not a polished corner in all aspects, he doesn't have to be right away. There's talent at CB already in the locker room, Williams won't be forced to play a bigger role than he can handle to start his career. 

He'll do ok.. I had him as my #1 CB.... It will take about half a season to get his shit in gear.. I think He's a great kid..

9 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I looked this morning and couldn't find any mention of these concerns.  As they say on the internets, show your proof or it didn't happen..

The guy's a closet Browns fan and a troll...I don't know why Gipper even responds to him

Williams is local to me...He's a GREAT kid...He and his brother have come back every year for charity events, ALL youth camps, and fund raisers.

As far as lazy or work ethic....Have you seen LSU's defense? You don't play hard for Coach O , you won't see the field again, They're too deep...Too talented!

Again don't feed the trolls!!!

• Upvote 3

Much like Denzel - needs to work on his year 1 strength.  6'1 at 185lbs is... Chris Gamble to me.  And Gamble was smart to improve his diet and hit the weight room with renewed intensity when he was drafted.     Same same for young G.    

That said, when he was drafted I did like Greedy's response - "I'm super happy for my family".       So he seems like a decent enough kid deep down, just needs to watch his mouth getting a bit too ahead of himself early.       I'll get more into the tape later, watching Sione now. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We can only pray that is true given the ST player we took in Rd. 3. Otherwise the hole in the middle of the D just gets deeper and deeper.

OK,   Lee is your answer.    How do you propose we obtain him?

(and what are the details on him:  age, ht.wt. production, etc)

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Are you calling Vagitron a fucking liar?     (Is he a BOPOS supporter).   Agree....unless he can come on here and provide evidence of character concerns....his status as an FLoPOS  is secure.  He mentioned something about Antonio Brown.  I only know that Brown and Ryan Clark had a snit going....not sure what Greedy Williams had to do with that.

2 hours ago, BrownB499 said:

The guy's a closet Browns fan and a troll...I don't know why Gipper even responds to him

Because I like kicking Steeler trolls asses all up and down the highway.  Maybe you don't have the guts for that....so leave it to  me (he is not a closet Browns fan...he just lives in Browns country I believe...somewhere north of Columbus)

Williams is local to me...He's a GREAT kid...He and his brother have come back every year for charity events, ALL youth camps, and fund raisers.

As far as lazy or work ethic....Have you seen LSU's defense? You don't play hard for Coach O , you won't see the field again, They're too deep...Too talented!

Again don't feed the trolls!!!

I still think we are entitled to call out a troll is he is lying through his anal orifice (in Vag's case...his anal orifice and oral orifice are one and the same.....right next to his clitoris)

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are you calling Vagitron a fucking liar?     (Is he a BOPOS supporter)

Post proof or he IS a liar.   Get over yourself: Unsubstantiated rumors ARE lies.

Don't like it? Too bad for you. I have zero tolerance for gossip.  You could have posted something along the lines of "I'll ask him where he got that info" .. because it simply doesn't matter who the source is, anyone can make a false assertion at any time -- even you.

It's fun to know that your own definition of "status" gives people permission to lie at will without getting called on it.  So the problem isn't his lie, your problem is the fact that I identified his lie? Yeah, you're not hypocritical at all.

22 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Post proof or he IS a liar.   Get over yourself: Unsubstantiated rumors ARE lies.

Don't like it? Too bad for you. I have zero tolerance for gossip.  You could have posted something along the lines of "I'll ask him where he got that info" .. because it simply doesn't matter who the source is, anyone can make a false assertion at any time -- even you.

It's fun to know that your own definition of "status" gives people permission to lie at will without getting called on it.  So the problem isn't his lie, your problem is the fact that I identified his lie? Yeah, you're not hypocritical at all.

You misunderstand....I am on YOUR side of this.    I was jumping into his shite a bit for making a statement that he has yet to back up.  Sorry you did not catch that nuance.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yet Vagitron claims that there are very heavy character concerns about this guy. just what are those supposed to be if you know?

none. He had an unsportsmanlike penalty because of a very bad pi call on him in a big overtime game.

Has a daughter.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_a5e84d9e-f820-11e8-9d05-b738b886f59c.html

"SEC coordinator of football officials Steve Shaw last week expressed displeasure over the pass interference call but said the unsportsmanlike flag when Williams barked at the official was justified. "

Vagi is a squealer fan, and says "heavy character concerns" about any draftee not drafted by his team?

lol. that's a good one.

Just now, calfoxwc said:

none. He had an unsportsmanlike penalty because of a very bad pi call on him in a big overtime game.

Has a daughter.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_a5e84d9e-f820-11e8-9d05-b738b886f59c.html

"SEC coordinator of football officials Steve Shaw last week expressed displeasure over the pass interference call but said the unsportsmanlike flag when Williams barked at the official was justified. "

Vagi is a squealer fan, and says "heavy character concerns" about any draftee not drafted by his team?

lol. that's a good one.

So, Vag....IS a POS liar then.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK,   Lee is your answer.    How do you propose we obtain him?

(and what are the details on him:  age, ht.wt. production, etc)

Moot point  now. We took the guy I wanted in the 5th. I'm very pleased about that.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:08 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Check the date before you claim "bias"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2019/1/31/18201536/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-lsu-cb-greedy-williams-is-a-double-edged-sword-pittsburgh-steelers 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/greedy-williams-doesnt-come-without-concerns

Just two mentions of the ten plus I could link. I never said greedy wasn't good. I did say he avoids contact like if he has any he might die. He gives up on plays and his tape didn't improve as the year went on. He isn't much different than Marcus Peter's who is also terrific in coverage but has bounced around the league up to this point. I'm also not jealous. I'd have been pissed off if the steelers drafted him and they didn't because he does not play the run. If the dude would tackle and play hard all the time he'd have gone inside the top ten easy.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Check the date before you claim "bias"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2019/1/31/18201536/2019-nfl-draft-prospects-lsu-cb-greedy-williams-is-a-double-edged-sword-pittsburgh-steelers 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/greedy-williams-doesnt-come-without-concerns

Just two mentions of the ten plus I could link. I never said greedy wasn't good. I did say he avoids contact like if he has any he might die. He gives up on plays and his tape didn't improve as the year went on. He isn't much different than Marcus Peter's who is also terrific in coverage but has bounced around the league up to this point. I'm also not jealous. I'd have been pissed off if the steelers drafted him and they didn't because he does not play the run. If the dude would tackle and play hard all the time he'd have gone inside the top ten easy.

Again, where are the character concerns that you claimed went with him.   Nowhere. Which makes you a lying POS.    So he has some minor criticisms about his game...   There has never been one single son of a bitch that ever played in this league that didn't have some criticism about some aspect of his game.  Even when I was young there were guys that criticized Jim Brown because they thought he couldn't...or wouldn't block.  And all he is is the GOAT.

I can guaranfuckingdamntee you that we could dig up criticisms about the players the Squibs drafted.....if we wanted to,  but it is not in our nature to be the complete anal orifice that you are.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Again, where are the character concerns that you claimed went with him.   Nowhere. Which makes you a lying POS.    So he has some minor criticisms about his game...   There has never been one single son of a bitch that ever played in this league that didn't have some criticism about some aspect of his game.  Even when I was young there were guys that criticized Jim Brown because they thought he couldn't...or wouldn't block.  And all he is is the GOAT.

I can guaranfuckingdamntee you that we could dig up criticisms about the players the Squibs drafted.....if we wanted to,  but it is not in our nature to be the complete anal orifice that you are.

His lack of fucking effort. It's not that God damn hard to read. I guess because guys are busy kicking girls or beating kids the litmus test for "character concerns" is broken. A guy that quits on plays lacks character. He also has a bad attitude, see antonio brown to tie in the shit you continue to harp about when I've made a comment. He fell to the second round for a reason. If he didn't quit on plays and avoid tackling he would have been gone well before the second round. Remember Justin Gilbert? Go read his draft profile.

My initial response was part of the why he fell question. He's a great man corner with concerns, hence the  second round. It's not about steelers vs Browns.