THE BROWNS BOARD

We Must Reject LGBTQ Craziness Becoming America's Accepted Nor

4 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Good! He and Harry Potter can exchange Christmas cards with Odin and quezacotl. For thousands of years people have believed (and some amazingly still do) that the Earth is flat. Whatever you want to do is your business but I'll do my part to make sure that christians and Muslims and Jews (oh my) never ever get to dictate how I or anybody else lives their life. That includes the fairies. 

We are in agreement then that nobody should dictate what others believe. So the point of the thread is that those on the left are trying to dictate and force acceptance of a lifestyle that many do not agree with.

Accepting that they're gay and they're allowed to get married and live normal lives out in the open like everyone else isn't the same as agreeing with it. It doesn't matter if you agree with it. I don't agree with Christianity and yet I'm not insisting that you stop going to church. That's your business. Who they marry is their business. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Accepting that they're gay and they're allowed to get married and live normal lives out in the open like everyone else isn't the same as agreeing with it. It doesn't matter if you agree with it. I don't agree with Christianity and yet I'm not insisting that you stop going to church. That's your business. Who they marry is their business. 

Exactly this

Like I said OBF, your religion isn't justification to discriminate against people born a certain way. Yes it is genetic, yes you are discriminating. 

6 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

What I am talking about is punishment from the left for non acceptance of their lifestyle. I remember when the CEO of Mozilla was fired for making a personal $100 donation to traditional marriage in California a few years ago. He did this privately but it become public when someone on the left hacked the website and got the list of donors and made it public. A and E dropped Duck Dynasty because Phil Robertson supported traditional marriage. There are many other similar stories. The message today seems to be support the gay agenda or you will pay the price.

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Exactly this

Like I said OBF, your religion isn't justification to discriminate against people born a certain way. Yes it is genetic, yes you are discriminating. 

Woody you are all about science yet you state matter of factly that homosexuality is genetic with no scientific evidence to support that.

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What I am talking about is punishment from the left for non acceptance of their lifestyle. I remember when the CEO of Mozilla was fired for making a personal $100 donation to traditional marriage in California a few years ago. He did this privately but it become public when someone on the left hacked the website and got the list of donors and made it public. A and E dropped Duck Dynasty because Phil Robertson supported traditional marriage. There are many other similar stories. The message today seems to be support the gay agenda or you will pay the price.

He donated $1000 to an anti gay marriage campaign. That was a choice, free speech he's allowed to make. But freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences. We've covered this so many damn times. A company has a right to remove someone (he resigned) if they believe that individuals actions (something they choose to do) will negatively affect that company. All genetic things are covered, plus religion. So you get special treatment there. 

And let's not act like Phil Robertson is just some guy supporting good ole traditional marriage. He's made his share of very controversial and dated remarks. Again, freedom of speech not freedom of consequence....

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Woody you are all about science yet you state matter of factly that homosexuality is genetic with no scientific evidence to support that.

And you're going to tell me there's no scientific evidence evolution actually happened either, right? No evidence the Earth is billions of years old?

There are plenty of studies showing genetic links to sexual orientation. But we can't point to one specific "gay gene". So your type will always claim a god of the gaps argument. It's played out. You have ZERO ground to stand on in regards to anything scientific

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

He donated $1000 to an anti gay marriage campaign. That was a choice, free speech he's allowed to make. But freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences. We've covered this so many damn times. A company has a right to remove someone (he resigned) if they believe that individuals actions (something they choose to do) will negatively affect that company. All genetic things are covered, plus religion. So you get special treatment there. 

And let's not act like Phil Robertson is just some guy supporting good ole traditional marriage. He's made his share of very controversial and dated remarks. Again, freedom of speech not freedom of consequence....

And the consequences seem to be only if you fall on one side of the argument..and as you know it was a forced resignation.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And you're going to tell me there's no scientific evidence evolution actually happened either, right? No evidence the Earth is billions of years old?

There are plenty of studies showing genetic links to sexual orientation. But we can't point to one specific "gay gene". So your type will always claim a god of the gaps argument. It's played out. You have ZERO ground to stand on in regards to anything scientific

With no scientific support how can you state matter of factly that homosexuality is genetic. Wouldn't the truth be that is your opinion? 

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

With no scientific support how can you state matter of factly that homosexuality is genetic. Wouldn't the truth be that is your opinion? 

You read what I wrote earlier. Why would my step brother end up gay, us knowing it wayy early, while the rest of us grew up exactly the same? Additionally, why would anyone born before the year 2000 choose to be gay? 

21 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

You read what I wrote earlier. Why would my step brother end up gay, us knowing it wayy early, while the rest of us grew up exactly the same? Additionally, why would anyone born before the year 2000 choose to be gay? 

And you can say that since homosexuality goes back for so long that is evidence it is genetic but sin goes back just as long. The bible clearly calls homosexuality a sinful lifestyle and I am a believer. For non believers they are free to believe what they wish but believers in the bible should not be forced to violate their conscience. Gay people were treated horribly for a long time in this country but I would maintain it was never by true Christians. The woman caught in the act of adultery and how Jesus handled it is our example. He was compassionate yet he did not condone her sin and His parting words were "go and sin no more". 

45 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And the consequences seem to be only if you fall on one side of the argument..and as you know it was a forced resignation.

"Wow, how unfair. I was fired because I openly marched in Charlotte with my neo Nazi friends. These consequences only seem to fall on one side of the argument. It's not fair!"

Your discrimination isn't protected 

Not only that, people on your outdated side try to boycott things all of the time. "Boycott Oreos because they're rainbow colored! Boycott old navy because they showed a same sex couple!"

You're just on the losing, outdated, sad side...

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And you can say that since homosexuality goes back for so long that is evidence it is genetic but sin goes back just as long. The bible clearly calls homosexuality a sinful lifestyle and I am a believer. For non believers they are free to believe what they wish but believers in the bible should not be forced to violate their conscience. Gay people were treated horribly for a long time in this country but I would maintain it was never by true Christians. The woman caught in the act of adultery and how Jesus handled it is our example. He was compassionate yet he did not condone her sin and His parting words were "go and sin no more". 

Ha. You gotta love that little line. "Well those weren't TRUE Christians. That doesn't count."

Every time with this shit you just make and choose your own rules as you go. Your core belief in life involves a huge amount of mental gymnastics so I'm not surprised. 

In no way does a gay couple getting married violate your beliefs

And if the core of your argument always goes back to "well the Bible says" then this will go no where. 

Luckily that type of thinking is dying out.

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

"Wow, how unfair. I was fired because I openly marched in Charlotte with my neo Nazi friends. These consequences only seem to fall on one side of the argument. It's not fair!"

Your discrimination isn't protected 

Not only that, people on your outdated side try to boycott things all of the time. "Boycott Oreos because they're rainbow colored! Boycott old navy because they showed a same sex couple!"

You're just on the losing, outdated, sad side...

Sorry to disappoint you Woody but I am on the winning side. I have read the bible and I know the ending. 

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

Sorry to disappoint you Woody but I am on the winning side. I have read the bible and I know the ending. 

Bahahahahahahaha. Ok. 

https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

Look at those graphs and show me how on the "winning side" you are 

You're no different than those in the past that used the Bible to support their bigotry towards things like interracial marriage.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ha. You gotta love that little line. "Well those weren't TRUE Christians. That doesn't count."

Every time with this shit you just make and choose your own rules as you go. Your core belief in life involves a huge amount of mental gymnastics so I'm not surprised. 

In no way does a gay couple getting married violate your beliefs

And if the core of your argument always goes back to "well the Bible says" then this will go no where. 

Luckily that type of thinking is dying out.

Where in the New Covenant are believers told to mistreat homosexuals? Answer: No where. So no I am not making up any rules. 

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Bahahahahahahaha. Ok. 

https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

Look at those graphs and show me how on the "winning side" you are 

You're no different than those in the past that used the Bible to support their bigotry towards things like interracial marriage.

If you only knew the bible. God always has a remnant that remain faithful. Always. 

The bible talks of events that will happen in the end times and I believe we are living in them now. What you see as victory I see as proof we are that much closer to the Lord's return.

34 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If you only knew the bible. God always has a remnant that remain faithful. Always. 

The bible talks of events that will happen in the end times and I believe we are living in them now. What you see as victory I see as proof we are that much closer to the Lord's return.

I'm just curious who gets to decide what is disgusting these days?  Forget Religon.  I don't care about their demeanor or flamboyant characteristics.  They can act however they want, but it's not like I don't know they're doing gross shit or that I have to find it all intriguing.

If we want to talk statistics they have higher STD rates, higher promiscuity rates, and higher suicide rates among gay men.  If STD carrying, emotionally unstable dudes (%statistically%) are appealing to you, life is probably hard on you.  

Do what you want to do.  Get married.  Get your little joint tax filing break.  Whatever anyone else gets to do, you get to do as far as I'm concerned.  That's all fine and shit, but you're a gross mfer in my book.  That goes for men who do it to their wives and vice versa.  I just can't instantly tell who they are to know they're just as gross. 

I'll stand for the rights of gay people, but I sure as fuck don't want to stand next to their nasty ass.  I'll sell them a cake, but sure as hell not buying one of theirs.  I was just born this way, so you MUST accept my rights to believe this.  Sorry.

This topic makes me want to clean my doorknob.

56 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You never really answered my initial question. If being gay is a choice, how did we know so early (earlier than we even knew what ‘gay’ was as kids) and all of us were raised the same but the rest of us ended up straight? Nothing in our childhood fostered being gay. My step brother just ended up being gay.

2 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

I'm just curious who gets to decide what is disgusting these days?  Forget Religon.  I don't care about their demeanor or flamboyant characteristics.  They can act however they want, but it's not like I don't know they're doing gross shit or that I have to find it all intriguing.

If we want to talk statistics they have higher STD rates, higher promiscuity rates, and higher suicide rates among gay men.  If STD carrying, emotionally unstable dudes (%statistically%) are appealing to you, life is probably hard on you.  

Do what you want to do.  Get married.  Get your little joint tax filing break.  Whatever anyone else gets to do, you get to do as far as I'm concerned.  That's all fine and shit, but you're a gross mfer in my book.  That goes for men who do it to their wives and vice versa.  I just can't instantly tell who they are to know they're just as gross. 

I'll stand for the rights of gay people, but I sure as fuck don't want to stand next to their nasty ass.  I'll sell them a cake, but sure as hell not buying one of theirs.  I was just born this way, so you MUST accept my rights to believe this.  Sorry.

This topic makes me want to clean my doorknob.

Very edgy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

You never really answered my initial question. If being gay is a choice, how did we know so early (earlier than we even knew what ‘gay’ was as kids) and all of us were raised the same but the rest of us ended up straight? Nothing in our childhood fostered being gay. My step brother just ended up being gay.

Former LGBT People Now Christians to Share Message of Jesus' Love in LA

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/october/former-lgbt-people-now-christians-to-share-message-of-jesus-love-in-la

I think the answers to those questions coming from those who came out of the homosexual lifestyle mean more than anything I could say.

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/october/former-lgbt-people-now-christians-to-share-message-of-jesus-love-in-la

I think the answers to those questions coming from those who came out of the homosexual lifestyle mean more than anything I could say.

Yeah when I think good emotional and mental health I think of gay people that have been told their entire life being gay is a sin and wrong leading to them going through therapy, or prayer camp, or some shit like that until they're "cured" by the "love of Jesus"

Yeeeeaaahhhhh

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yeah when I think good emotional and mental health I think of gay people that have been told their entire life being gay is a sin and wrong leading to them going through therapy, or prayer camp, or some shit like that until they're "cured" by the "love of Jesus"

Yeeeeaaahhhhh

10 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

So no answer from you? 

OBF, did the story of Noah's Ark literally happen? Did the Earth flood for 40 days and nights? Were two of every species of animals put onto a boat that Noah and his family made?

Just let me know. You should have no trouble answering what you believe