THE BROWNS BOARD

We Must Reject LGBTQ Craziness Becoming America's Accepted Nor

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

meaning, I won. I validly showed where and why you are wrong. Your anger is getting the best of you - causing you to lose your argument. If you don't want to listen to my "crap", then why bitch that I wasn't taking part in the discussion? eh?

gay people had every right to establish civil unions, that they would have an equal institution that gave them the same rights as REAL MARRIAGE couples - defined as a MAN and a WOMAN.

All they had to do was establish civil unions, and the problem would have been solved.

Haha no. If people getting tired of you means you won an argument you obviously feel you have won a lot of arguments. 

Really though people just get tired of you. It's well known here that you just keep talking no matter how asinine it gets. 

2 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I am angry. I'm angry that you and obf are such pieces of shit that you'd let a fairy tale strip real people of rights. You have no defense for it either and you feel no shame for it, even though you should. 

NFL's Simmons Speaks of Former Gay Lifestyle and New Faith in Christ

https://www1.cbn.com/700club/nfls-simmons-speaks-former-gay-lifestyle-and-new-faith-christ

There are many Cysko like this man who have a different view of the gospel. it changed his life.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

NFL's Simmons Speaks of Former Gay Lifestyle and New Faith in Christ

https://www1.cbn.com/700club/nfls-simmons-speaks-former-gay-lifestyle-and-new-faith-christ

There are many Cysko like this man who have a different view of the gospel. it changed his life.

so because one man converted back they all should? I have a news flash, for every man/woman that converted back....there's at least 10-20 lifelong Christians who come out in their 50's and 60's. Anytime somebody lives a life that wasn't theirs, it's tragic. But to you, only those who didn't lead the life "YOU" and ur kind wanted them to...only that is tragic. 

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

so because one man converted back they all should? I have a news flash, for every man/woman that converted back....there's at least 10-20 lifelong Christians who come out in their 50's and 60's. Anytime somebody lives a life that wasn't theirs, it's tragic. But to you, only those who didn't lead the life "YOU" and ur kind wanted them to...only that is tragic. 

"so because one man converted back they all should?"

If they want to. Nobody forced the gospel on him did they? It was his decision to make and I can be happy for him for making one of the best decisions he will ever make in life...

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If they want to. Nobody forced the gospel on him did they? It was his decision to make and I can be happy for him for making one of the best decisions he will ever make in life...

but you can't be happy for people that tell you they are they happy where they're at? see where this goes? over generations it creeps into people's psyche that they know what's best for everyone. Im happy for the guy IF he did have a true conversion....im also happy for someone that wasn't living THEIR life and then came out and said you know what im gay. People repress that shit out of societal norms YOUR People imposed. 

57 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Haha no. If people getting tires if you means you won an argument you obviously feel you have won a lot of arguments. 

Really though people just get tired of you. It's well known here that you just keep taking no matter how asinine it gets. 

we talkin radial? or off-road tires? So, you were complaining that I wasn't commenting on this thread, now you are "tires".

and that is what sounds asinine to me.

Wait, let me respond in kind: "oh yeah? well, nobody likes you Cysko, because you are terrible, mean, wicked, bad and nasty"

lol.

I'm not good at it like liberals are - they put a whole lot of destructive emotions into it. It's all they know how to do.

"That's not true, Jesus was crucified because of his God like powers! Evidence? It says right here in the Bible!"

Anyone that reads the above and says "yep, that makes total sense" has lost all critical thinking skills and it's a shame they can affect the society I live in

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"That's not true, Jesus was crucified because of his God like powers! Evidence? It says right here in the Bible!"

Anyone that reads the above and says "yep, that makes total sense" has lost all critical thinking skills and it's a shame they can affect the society I live in

Such anger.

20 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

and according to woodpecker and Cysko - that man had somebody zap his DNA and fix it with a magic twanger....

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Even though you probably don't deserve one I'm going to answer this one sort of straight:

There's always going to be a certain percentage of people that were never really gay to begin with that latched onto that looking for an identity for themselves.

That happens literally all the time. Why, I bet it even happens in Christianity. Someone tries it on for awhile, decides it's not them and moves on. 

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

and according to woodpecker and Cysko - that man had somebody zap his DNA and fix it with a magic twanger....

Or...ya know.... Qualified and legitimate experts in the field that spend their lives studying this type of stuff.

People that actually understood pre calc when they took it...

25 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

These are spiritual matters. You do not believe in spiritual matters so of course it would make no sense. Factually that is why the Jewish leaders had Jesus killed. 

"I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God," (John 10:30-33)

It is a shame some of the teachings that Jesus spoke about such as loving your neighbor as yourself, or putting others ahead of yourselves or  no greater love is laying down one's life for his friends have been so destructive to society.

19 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

These are spiritual matters. You do not believe in spiritual matters so of course it would make no sense. Factually that is why the Jewish leaders had Jesus killed. 

"I and the Father are one." 31The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God," (John 10:30-33)

It is a shame some of the teachings that Jesus spoke about such as loving your neighbor as yourself, or putting others ahead of yourselves or  no greater love is laying down one's life for his friends have been so destructive to society.

Nah son. It's more "fuck the faggots" that people are taking issue with. 

On 6/17/2019 at 4:47 PM, MLD Woody said:

Oh I thought you wanted to show me a Christian scientist that would "demolish" the notion that sexual orientation is linked to genetics.

I'm sure Christian scientists exist. I'm curious how many have the brain dead literal interpretation of the Bible. 

I won't comment on if there's a link between a genetic tendency to sexual orientation. Of course- depending on which side of the argument you're on, it's probably certainly, or certainly not.  

17 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

OBF, did the story of Noah's Ark literally happen? Did the Earth flood for 40 days and nights? Were two of every species of animals put onto a boat that Noah and his family made?

Just let me know. You should have no trouble answering what you believe

darn, I had to wade through 8 pages of threads before I felt I could answer you. This a Q & A from a YouTube Bishop Barron does every Monday. If you've never heard of him- the guy is incredibly brilliant- he's read and can quote from every philosopher from Plato and Aristotle up to the present day. Knows church history and world history inside out.  If I had a vote, he'd be the next Pope. Google him if you'd care to.  

So here's your answer Woody. Per the good Bishop. The Bible isn't just one book, it's a compilation of a bunch of books written by different authors, at different times- for different audiences. Would you read an autobiography of Winston Churchill with the same viewpoint as say Mary Poppins?  (Barron used Dickens' Tale of Two Cities as an example, but I've never read it. )  

So yeah- based on current scientific knowledge, some of that stuff didn't happen- like the world being created in seven days, Noah being able to cram every living creature on one boat, (then God altering the laws of nature changing the refractive properties of water to create a rainbow after the flood.) Oh, and Jonah living for a couple days in the belly of a whale.  :)  I'm not sure, and others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of historical evidence a bunch of Israelites were allowed to leave Egypt after Moses performed a few miracles that that scared the crap out of the Pharaoh. You'd think it would have been recorded elsewhere besides the Bible.  

Does that make everything that's there a fairy tale? Certainly not. 

That this guy named Jesus actually lived is alluded to several sources that weren't christian. The Apostles and Paul were so convinced he was actually killed by the Romans and came back to life they were willing to pay with their own lives on their conviction of that fact. One or two guys having delusions? I'll let you buy that- but dozens? Bible said around 72. 

So deny it at you own risk Woody.  Too many appearances to a few people afterwards, and strange happenings up to modern times. Like Padre Pio- who had the wounds of Christ for years. This isn't ancient history- Pio died in 1968,  was examined by many doctors- with zero explanation why those wounds were where they were- and why they never healed.  

23 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

That's not even you quoting the Bible saying Jesus had superpowers

That's you quoting the Bible quoting Jesus saying he has superpowers

How does your brain work where you don't just immediately see through this nonsense?

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I won't comment on if there's a link between a genetic tendency to sexual orientation. Of course- depending on which side of the argument you're on, it's probably certainly, or certainly not.  

darn, I had to wade through 8 pages of threads before I felt I could answer you. This a Q & A from a YouTube Bishop Barron does every Monday. If you've never heard of him- the guy is incredibly brilliant- he's read and can quote from every philosopher from Plato and Aristotle up to the present day. Knows church history and world history inside out.  If I had a vote, he'd be the next Pope. Google him if you'd care to.  

So here's your answer Woody. Per the good Bishop. The Bible isn't just one book, it's a compilation of a bunch of books written by different authors, at different times- for different audiences. Would you read an autobiography of Winston Churchill with the same viewpoint as say Mary Poppins?  (Barron used Dickens' Tale of Two Cities as an example, but I've never read it. )  

So yeah- based on current scientific knowledge, some of that stuff didn't happen- like the world being created in seven days, Noah being able to cram every living creature on one boat, (then God altering the laws of nature changing the refractive properties of water to create a rainbow after the flood. Oh, and Jonah living for a couple days in the belly of a whale.  :)  I'm not sure, and others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of historical evidence a bunch of Israelites were allowed to leave Egypt after Moses performed a few miracles that that scared the crap out of the Pharaoh. You'd think it would have been recorded elsewhere besides the Bible.  

That this guy named Jesus actually lived is alluded to several sources that weren't christian. The Apostles and Paul were so convinced he was actually killed by the Romans and came back to life they were willing to pay with their own lives on their conviction of that fact. One or two guys having delusions? I'll let you buy that- but dozens? Bible said around 72. 

So deny it at you own risk Woody.  Too many appearances to a few people afterwards, and strange happenings up to modern times. Like Padre Pio- who had the wounds of Christ for years. This isn't ancient history- Pio died in 1968,  was examined by many doctors- with zero explanation why those wounds where where they were- and why they never healed.  

Muslims, to this day, are willing to kill themselves to murder for Muhammed. If you believe in Jesus literally being the son of God then Muhammed was obviously a liar or a madman. So people laying down their lives in the service of their belief in a religious figure isn't too convincing. 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So yeah- based on current scientific knowledge, some of that stuff didn't happen- like the world being created in seven days, Noah being able to cram every living creature on one boat, (then God altering the laws of nature changing the refractive properties of water to create a rainbow after the flood. Oh, and Jonah living for a couple days in the belly of a whale.  :)  I'm not sure, and others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of historical evidence a bunch of Israelites were allowed to leave Egypt after Moses performed a few miracles that that scared the crap out of the Pharaoh. You'd think it would have been recorded elsewhere besides the Bible.  

So deny it at you own risk Woody.  Too many appearances to a few people afterwards, and strange happenings up to modern times. Like Padre Pio- who had the wounds of Christ for years. This isn't ancient history- Pio died in 1968,  was examined by many doctors- with zero explanation why those wounds where where they were- and why they never healed.  

No one is saying there isn't ANY historical fact in the Bible. It's been added to and edited multiple times, there should be some actual facts in there (of course dozens of revisions through massive doubt on any "prophecies" to any thinking person...).

If you want to take things like Noah's Ark as a collection of fictional stories that guide you on how to live your life, great. But:

- Do not claim those stories as fact when they completely fly in the face of modern science and then at any point try to use science to back up your viewpoint

- Do not use these stories, whether you believe them to be fictional or not, to justify actions that affect my life and anyone's life that doesn't follow that old book

- Do not claim those stories as fact when they completely fly in the face of modern science and then at any point try to use science to back up your viewpoint

- Do not use these stories, whether you believe them to be fictional or not, to justify actions that affect my life and anyone's life that doesn't follow that old book

Why Science Does Not Disprove God | Time

Apr 27, 2014 - And indeed, science has brought us an immense amount of understanding. The sum ... had calculated based on counting generations back to the biblical Adam. ... Sign up to receive the top stories you need to know right now.
Feb 10, 2017 - If it's true that the Bible contains scientific facts that were written thousands of years before man discovered them, the implications are

Apr 1, 2011 - Every claim the Bible makes about science is not only true but ... of the deep broken up” (Genesis 7:11); Scientific evidence of a young earth:

Scientific Facts in the Bible: 100 Reasons to Believe the Bible is ...

Feb 6, 2019 - 2 Chapter 1: Science and the Bible; 3 Chapter 2: The Incredible Book of Job .... when he says "science back then believed X" when the truth is he is .... So it seems God could (if he wanted to) pick up the earth by its ends and ...

Amazing Truths: How Science and the Bible Agree: Michael Guillen ...

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Truths-Science-Bible-Agree/dp/0310343755
“An entire generation is being swept up in a false narrative that the Bible and science are incompatible. Too many today, both young and old, believe that faith in ...
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That's not even you quoting the Bible saying Jesus had superpowers

That's you quoting the Bible quoting Jesus saying he has superpowers

How does your brain work where you don't just immediately see through this nonsense?

The Jewish leaders had Jesus killed for saying He was God. They hated him anyway but that was the one they crucified Him for:

John 8:48-59 King James Version (KJV)

48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

***When Moses went to Pharoah he asked God who should I say sends me and God said say "I am that I am"
10 times in the gospel of John Jesus declares Himself to be the I am. When He said before Abraham was "I am" they knew exactly what he meant

• Upvote 1

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-05-24/three-scientists-talk-about-how-their-faith-fits-with-their-work/9543772

Dr Jennifer Wiseman: A Christian astrophysicist

Dr Andrew Harman: A Buddhist immunologist

Fahad Ali: A Muslim geneticist

17 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Muslims, to this day, are willing to kill themselves to murder for Muhammed. If you believe in Jesus literally being the son of God then Muhammed was obviously a liar or a madman. So people laying down their lives in the service of their belief in a religious figure isn't too convincing. 

:) I'll tell you the Bible story of the Rich Man and Lazarus. Short of it is, Rich Man died after ignoring the beggar Lazarus, and went to hell. Lazarus died and went to heaven. Rich Man sees Lazarus and asks God to send him to his brothers to tell them to behave better- so they won't wind up in hell.  God tells Rich Man- they have the prophets to listen to, and even if he sends one back from the dead, they're probably not going to listen to him either.  

So, as I've heard it said- if you believe, no explanation is necessary- if you don't, no number of explanations will be enough. 

• Upvote 2

Now let me tell you one:

Once Thor consulted a doctor about his impotance. But what he didn't know was the doctor was loki. So Loki convinced him the impotance was due to his pregnancy and got him to drink a laxative, laid him down on his stomach and jammed a cork in his ass. Then Loki went off and screwed Thor's wife. Well Thor's belly got bigger and bigger until finally he couldn't hold it anymore and shit himself. The cork came flying out of his ass along with a weeks worth of liquid feces and covered ratatoskr, the squirrel that runs up and down yggdrasil. Thor stared at the poor little squirrel all covered in shit and he says:

"Well it's hairy, it's ugly, and it stinks but it's mine and I love it!"

And this important religious text is to show that some people will just believe anything if they want to badly enough. 

but yours is crap. deep, hateful antagonistic leftwing crap. But a true story/parable is the same as a manufactured

lie to make your point...to you?

Not to me.