THE BROWNS BOARD

FACEPALM: Trump quotes someone saying Jews love Trump like he’s the “second coming of God!”

OldBrownsFan

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

butttt.......she didnt respect him. Only a childish whelp takes that personally enough to csll off an important trip

She could always have said she was sorry for her poor choice of words but she didn't.

If you were going to someone's home and then they publicly insulted you personally (let's say on Facebook) you might reconsider your visit as well.

19 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

She could always have said she was sorry for her poor choice of words but she didn't.

If you were going to someone's home and then they publicly insulted you personally (let's say on Facebook) you might reconsider your visit as well.

she didnt insult HIM ffs. She saidvthe idea was absurd and hopefully it was fake news. Im sure she assumed he would know greenland cant be bought like that. ...and why didnt he?

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I like how you're trying to make it sound like she said some awful, disrespectful thing...

... do you even read what Trump tweets out?

"Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that?" Trump said to Solotaroff. "Can you imagine that, the face of our next president."

Trump added, "I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I like how you're trying to make it sound like she said some awful, disrespectful thing...

... do you even read what Trump tweets out?

If words have meaning than yes what she said was insulting. So what insulting thing did he say to her that provoked her? Nothing. Friends and allies don't talk like this to each other. Not publicly anyway. 

ab·surd
/əbˈsərd,əbˈzərd/
adjective

1. wildly unreasonable, illogical, or inappropriate.
    "the allegations are patently absurd"
    synonyms: preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible; More

• arousing amusement or derision; ridiculous.
      "it may look absurd, but having a treadmill desk could improve your attention span"

and? it was absurd and she didnt beleive it was real.....but we knew better. As soon as i saw the original story i knew it wasnt fake news even before he confirmed it himself. In any case...that comment in no way shape or form validates his decision to cancel the trip.

His own tweet speaks volumes...

"The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!"

so it had nothing to do with being nasty, lil donald got embarrassed on the world stage through his own doing...should have kept the offer quiet.....too bad what a shame. 

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

and? it was absurd and she didnt beleive it was real.....but we knew better. As soon as i saw the original story i knew it wasnt fake news even before he confirmed it himself. In any case...that comment in no way shape or form validates his decision to cancel the trip.

"The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!"

so it had nothing to do with being nasty, lil donald got embarrassed on the world stage through his own doing...should have kept the offer quiet.....too bad what a shame. 

Trump is being diplomatic and maybe the PM in Denmark will be as well in the future.

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I don't have a problem in criticizing Trump when I think he is wrong. I started this thread knocking him for re-tweeting  being compared to the second coming of God and his narcissist traits. I can understand why he would be upset with the PM of Denmark for using a poor choice of words publicly. Do you think Trump just tweeted the above out of thin air or do you think he had been contacted privately by the PM of Denmark who may have even apologized for using a poor choice of words? I don't know but I think that is exactly what happened. I don't even think the PM was being nasty in her remarks about Trump until she said his idea was absurd. That was out of line and language not used publicly among friends and allies. 

Now Trump could have handled the slam against him by saying what he is now saying in his tweet. Most of our career politicians would have. I don't have a problem though with Trump giving it back to the PM first and then smoothing things over later. It sends a message he is not a punching bag. He will punch back.

19 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Obama tried to hide his narcissism more but in every speech all you had to do was count the number of times he used "I" and it gave him away. I have never said either Obama or Trump were full blown narcissists just there are obvious signs of narcissism in both of them.

Well it's about time you just say what it really is Narcissistic Personality Disorder-the full blown kind found in the Diagnostic Manuals.

Or you can call it "unhinged" if you just want a layman's term that shows the effect he has on foreign policy.

"The Art Of The Deal" is nothing more than selling the pea game to eager believers. Slowly, very slowly true believers are returning to sanity and realizing the final bill on this bill of goods.

The question becomes when do you want your soul back from "God"? History has sold human beings many of them over the millennia.

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well it's about time you just say what it really is Narcissistic Personality Disorder-the full blown kind found in the Diagnostic Manuals.

Or you can call it "unhinged" if you just want a layman's term that shows the effect he has on foreign policy.

"The Art Of The Deal" is nothing more than selling the pea game to eager believers. Slowly, very slowly true believers are returning to sanity and realizing the final bill on this bill of goods.

The question becomes when do you want your soul back from "God"? History has sold human beings many of them over the millennia.

It wasn't me who voted for satan................😎

2vere4.jpg

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Allen West used to say that he doesn’t “drink his own bathwater”, meaning that he doesn’t pay attention to what people say about him. Clearly Trump is of the opposite mold, which is more than evident from this morning’s tweets:

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

The King of Israel? The second coming of God? These accolades by Root are NUTS and Trump should have just ignored them.

I don’t care how true some may this sentiment is, it’s ridiculous for Trump to tweet it and makes him look like he’s got an ego the size of the planet. Even Netanyahu must be shaking his head at this. Seriously.

I like Trump but he really needs to stop drinking his own bathwater, at least publicly, because it’s making many of us nauseous.

https://therightscoop.com/facepalm-trump-quotes-someone-saying-jews-love-trump-like-hes-the-second-coming-of-god/

He said they treat him LIKE he's the second coming.

Theres nothing to this other than an exaggeration to  emphasize how much Jews like him.

This my friends is an example of hyperbole, a exaggerated statement not to be taken literally....a word often misused around here.

Examples of hyperbole:

• He's running faster than the wind.
  • This bag weighs a ton.
  • That man is as tall as a house.
  • This is the worst day of my life.
  • The shopping cost me a million dollars.
  • My dad will kill me when he comes home.
  • Your skin is softer than silk.
  • She's as skinny as a toothpick.
  • Steve is a god at playing the guitar
  • Clev is dumb as a rock (debatable)

It was way over the top praise for Trump that he should have ignored. To re-tweet it was like saying "look everybody what they are saying about me They consider me to be like the second coming of God in Israel."

It reminds me of the situation with John Lennon of the Beatles who tried to make comparisons about the popularity of the Beatles and Jesus Christ and the backlash he got. It is just never good to make these kinds of comparisons. 

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

after the last few days, especially allowing his ego to intervene in a global affair like our crucial alliance with Denmark...im done entertaining posts comparing him to obama. 

Right?

"Trump has an ego, but so does Obama! Therefore they're the same level of narcissist. Case closed!"

Or the evidence of Obama having a big ego is just what other people are saying about him or putting on magazines...

The funny thing is, if you read those articles and see their examples of why Obama has a big ego... they're all things Trump has done or surpassed. 

The man has "TRUMP" plastered in gold on everything he does.

He joked about awarding himself the medal of honor

Look, I get Obama has an ego. He can even have an ego more than most presidents. But Trump's is clearly, very fucking clearly, outmatched. Just put your political biases aside for one minute. I know it must be rough for this great Christian ally to have a massive ego... but he does. 

I never said Trump didn't have a huge ego because I think he does but Obama also has a huge ego. For some reason those who want to complain about Trump's large ego didn't have the same concerns with Obama. Even if I would give an edge to Trump in that category there is not a night and day difference between them. Trump has his gold tower and Obama had his Greek temple columns. They are two sides to the same coin.

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

I never said Trump didn't have a huge ego because I think he does but Obama also has a huge ego. For some reason those who want to complain about Trump's large ego didn't have the same concerns with Obama. Even if I would give an edge to Trump in that category there is not a night and day difference between them. Trump has his gold tower and Obama had his Greek temple columns. They are two sides to the same coin.

name one instance where obama blew off a historical ally going back to ww2, cause he all butthurt and shit....

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

name one instance where obama blew off a historical ally going back to ww2, cause he all butthurt and shit....

Obama snubbed Netanyahu for dinner with Michelle and the girls, Israelis claim

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/7521220/Obama-snubbed-Netanyahu-for-dinner-with-Michelle-and-the-girls-Israelis-claim.html

• Haha 1

"Benjamin Netanyahu was left to stew in a White House meeting room for over an hour after President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of tense talks to have supper with his family, it emerged on Thursd"

ummmm, yeah....nice try. He left a meeting he was already a part of to take a break for dinner with his family? dude.......#reaching

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

"Benjamin Netanyahu was left to stew in a White House meeting room for over an hour after President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of tense talks to have supper with his family, it emerged on Thursd"

ummmm, yeah....nice try. He left a meeting he was already a part of to take a break for dinner with his family? dude.......#reaching

Uhhhhm no I'm not:

Obama Snubs Netanyahu at White House

https://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/clyburn-attacks-healthcare-terrorism/2010/03/26/id/353942/

Obama Snubs Netanyahu

https://thedailybanter.com/2012/09/obama-snubs-netanyahu/

Opinion Journal: Obama’s Contempt for Israel

https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-journal-obamas-contempt-for-israel/E7A03610-015E-4A63-8DF0-A4244DDE714D.html

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Obama just thought they were solid from all the comped meals the US tax payers cover for Israel.

Right off you know I am biased towards Israel. One of the biases is I know that blessing Israel comes back to us with a counter blessing from God. 

That is from the bible I know you don't' believe ..but even on a secular level it is good to give financial aid to Israel:

Ocasio-Cortez suggests cutting Israel aid: Gen. Jack Keane says 'It’s money well spent'

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-military-economic-aid-israel