THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns interest in Skins OT, Trent Williams

LondonBrown

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

From the sounds of it they don't want to trade him

Well, Dan Snyder has never been considered the smartest owner. He may not want to trade him, but obvious the Redskins are in a rebuild mode, and a 31 year old tackle is hardly a prime piece to rebuild on. Plus I'll bet Williams will sit out the year if he's not traded. 

Now reports are saying that if not Trent, then Nate Solder... probably the most overrated LT of this decade.

Robinson is playing better than Nate.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-interested-in-giants-nate-solder-if-they-cant-trade-for-redskins-trent-williams/

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

A LT doesn’t fix this teams problems. Maybe on the surface it appears that way.

Look at Freddie look at Baker.  

first year starting, first year head coach... they are not the problem.

Calloway just getting back, double covered Landry and OBJ, Njoku being injured, Higgins being injured...

reduces major responsibilities/concerns to just a few. That lets the oline be attacked, etc etc.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

first year starting, first year head coach... they are not the problem.

Calloway just getting back, double covered Landry and OBJ, Njoku being injured, Higgins being injured...

reduces major responsibilities/concerns to just a few. That lets the oline be attacked, etc etc.

Yes I don't see one or two big glaring problems I see a bunch of various problems including Freddie and Baker but including a collection of including penalties, injuries, lack of performance and others.

Sure it always reflects back to the HC but include the FO to some degree and the individual players not performing as expected.  Kind of like beating the same dead horse for 8 weeks now.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Now reports are saying that if not Trent, then Nate Solder... probably the most overrated LT of this decade.

Robinson is playing better than Nate.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-interested-in-giants-nate-solder-if-they-cant-trade-for-redskins-trent-williams/

agree.. and me thinks Dorsey is just using Gettleman as a pawn to get Skins to tango or waltz (walk'z)

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Dorsey is just using Gettleman as a pawn to get Skins to tango 

No please.  No dancing.  No trading for a 31 year old often injured tackle.  Just draft one next April.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Orion said:

No please.  No dancing.  No trading for a 31 year old often injured tackle.  Just draft one next April.

trust the process;) O.. Name the last college LT to start in the NFL? gas masked, Jeremy Tunsil ? Browns draft LT's to play G.. Dorsey see's the same i do..NFL Guards & RT's next draft.. The kid from Georgia won't be around for browns to draft at LT..The rest our college projects that Dorsey feels missing the winning window.. i've learned to trust Dorsey's college scouting team 

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Dorsey see's the same i do..NFL Guards & RT's next draft..

i've learned to trust Dorsey's college scouting team 

Well, he was seeing ghosts with that Corbette pick.

37 minutes ago, Orion said:

Well, he was seeing ghosts with that Corbette pick.

Bob Wylie needed a cowardly Lion body frame for his stint in HK..also a youngster to tell his repeated war stories too..Corbett had to catch Bob's eyes with some great stretching techs...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m on the fence about Ward long term.  I dont know if we should pay him his next big contract. But that’s crazy- and we can fetch a ton more than 31 year old tackle for a half of a season 

I can't remember who said it, but they made a comparison of Ward to ex-Colts safety Bob Sanders. 

Both helluva good players when on the field, but the problem with both is that they aren't on the field enough. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't remember who said it, but they made a comparison of Ward to ex-Colts safety Bob Sanders. 

Both helluva good players when on the field, but the problem with both is that they aren't on the field enough. 

Exactly you are no good if you can’t suit up.  

Right now when he plays he does well he had a better rookie year and his compensation isn’t killing our cap space. Makes him a valuable commodity to other teams... But do you pay him over some of our other guys who will attract top dollar in the next couple years??? And He’s probably a hold out candidate going into his final year.