THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns interest in Skins OT, Trent Williams

LondonBrown

19 hours ago, Orion said:

Very glad that we still have our #1 pick.

We're on to Denver with what we've got.

I'd REALLY like to see Greg Robinson back in the lineup, but I'm guessing that's never going to happen.  As I said in another post, McCray was beyond terrible.  He played worse Sunday than Greg has EVER played, and let's just say Greg hasn't exactly been known as "amazing".  I realize Greg is frustrating, and I also realize his penalties seem to come at the WORST times, but I don't understand trying a new guy at LT midway through the dang season.  You want to try a new RG?  Sure, put Tellar in there.  Why did Tellar only play 11 snaps last game?  I have no idea, but you don't switch your LT to a guy who has never played that position in the NFL.  That's what they call "dumb".  

This game will be all about stopping the running game, NOT turning it over, and tackling well.  Denver is going to try a million of those short passes because they've got a rookie 6th round QB in there, so you can bet he's going to throw a ton of bubble screens, short RB passes, and whatever else is quick to leave his hand.  We'll have to tackle well and also make plays on the ball when they present themselves.  It's time for OUR team to force some silly turnovers and capitalize off them for a change.  

24 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'd REALLY like to see Greg Robinson back in the lineup, but I'm guessing that's never going to happen.  As I said in another post, McCray was beyond terrible.  He played worse Sunday than Greg has EVER played, and let's just say Greg hasn't exactly been known as "amazing".  I realize Greg is frustrating, and I also realize his penalties seem to come at the WORST times, but I don't understand trying a new guy at LT midway through the dang season.  You want to try a new RG?  Sure, put Tellar in there.  Why did Tellar only play 11 snaps last game?  I have no idea, but you don't switch your LT to a guy who has never played that position in the NFL.  That's what they call "dumb".  

This game will be all about stopping the running game, NOT turning it over, and tackling well.  Denver is going to try a million of those short passes because they've got a rookie 6th round QB in there, so you can bet he's going to throw a ton of bubble screens, short RB passes, and whatever else is quick to leave his hand.  We'll have to tackle well and also make plays on the ball when they present themselves.  It's time for OUR team to force some silly turnovers and capitalize off them for a change.  

The organization has decided to put the blame on the offensive struggles on the Oline and not our rookie coach and 2nd year QB. 

Our QB talked about accountability starts at the HC position and the QB position

20 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

The organization has decided to put the blame on the offensive struggles on the Oline and not our rookie coach and 2nd year QB. 

Our QB talked about accountability starts at the HC position and the QB position

What the organization tried to do is to put  an infusion of talent into an area where the talent level is deficient.  (It just didn't happen)  That is what they should be doing among other things.    Dealing with the issues surrounding the HC and QB are wholly separate matter.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

What the organization tried to do is to put  an infusion of talent into an area where the talent level is deficient.  (It just didn't happen)  That is what they should be doing among other things.    Dealing with the issues surrounding the HC and QB are wholly separate matter.

And What area is that WR? 

We have one new offensive lineman.

one new DT.

im confused 

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

And What area is that WR? 

We have one new offensive lineman.

one new DT.

im confused 

OL.....this is a topic about Trent Williams...you know, an OT.  What area did you think we were talking about.  Our OL is talent deficient.   We just could not make that deal to upgrade.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OL.....this is a topic about Trent Williams...you know, an OT.  What area did you think we were talking about.  Our OL is talent deficient.   We just could not make that deal to upgrade.

Okay.

i thought your prior post was about their additions this offseason on the Oline and then it failing so far this season.  We added Kush and everyone else is back.  

We’ve made  small changes at just about every position group.  We haven’t really overhauled any particular position group.

We did so much last year with all of the “holes” we have.  Hubbard, Robinson, Landry facing #1 corners.  

One big thing has changed we play differently offensively and we aren’t disciplined. 

8 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

If everything is 15 yards downfield before anyone cuts, you'd better have a good OL.  Or, you know, a checkdown.  We have neither.

Ah, yes.   A big bugaboo for me.  Why in hell do they not have a checkdown back available when we need one?  It would certainly help Baker out a lot of times.