THE BROWNS BOARD

La Canfora: Urban good fit for Browns

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I feel like the only reason Meyer is a rumor is because of the Ohio connection. 

Well, sure.   And perhaps the perception that Meyer wants to coach again....but not in college.  He was already at the pinnacle of  college coaching positions...why take a step back to that.  On to the NFL is his only way to "step up".    But who knows if that would work.

Although....once upon a time there was a guy that stepped up form OSU to the Cleveland Browns, and that worked out fairly well.....a guy named Paul Brown.    (though yes....there was a military post in between.  Great Lakes)

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well, sure.   And perhaps the perception that Meyer wants to coach again....but not in college.  He was already at the pinnacle of  college coaching positions...why take a step back to that.  On to the NFL is his only way to "step up".    But who knows if that would work.

another first year coach ?  I believe that would not happen

I seriously doubt a guy with heart problems would want to go to the NFL, especially here with the prima donnas on the roster.

If he does come here, we'd win but he wouldn't last long. He'd burn out like Vermeil did in Philly.

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2019 at 5:19 PM, The Gipper said:

I guess Free Agents have to be recruited.....but that often comes down to money, which he would not control either.

Free agents would potentially want to come here. Opposed to coming to a team where it seems the HC struggles to manage the game/team.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:47 PM, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

OSU is completely stacked now and you don’t think Meyer has anything to do with it?

The problem going from OSU to the pros- you can't do unlimited recruiting in the NFL.  

37 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I don't see it. Meyer will want control, Browns structure does't do that. No way Meyer will go for that. 

Any "name" coach may not want total control, but he's sure going to want a big say in player acquisition 

On 12/22/2019 at 12:49 PM, The Gipper said:

Although....once upon a time there was a guy that stepped up form OSU to the Cleveland Browns, and that worked out fairly well.....a guy named Paul Brown.    (though yes....there was a military post in between.  Great Lakes)

nah, i would be shocked if he came to coach the cleveland browns unless we had a different owner....jerry jones has really spiraled downward as an owner but he is still a hell of alot better than what we have...god...i just don't understand how he could keep garrett as his hc...howerver with that being said, i think urb is going to be on the cowboys sidelines next season....

On 12/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, SdBacker80 said:

OSU was so disorganized during his last couple years.  I’m not for it.

and then you have to revamp his offensive scheme.

its a NO hopefully 

because ours worked so well......revamping at this point would not hurt wether it is him coaching our someone else....but i do agree on your point about osu being disorganized before he left...anyway, he ain't coming here so you will get your wish...

18 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Urban has too many health issues...could collapse on the field...could still out coach freddie

That would be my greatest concern.

1. Health.

2. Desire to continue coaching.

3. Need? He's pretty well set now.

Urban Meyer Net worth 2019: $30 Million.

Urban Meyer is one of the successful coached of all the time. Over two decades of a coaching career, he has accumulated a high salary as a coach. Urban Meyer net worth of $30 million, as of 2019. He makes an annual salary of $5.8 million.

27 minutes ago, browns52 said:

nah, i would be shocked if he came to coach the cleveland browns unless we had a different owner....jerry jones has really spiraled downward as an owner but he is still a hell of alot better than what we have...god...i just don't understand how he could keep garrett as his hc...howerver with that being said, i think urb is going to be on the cowboys sidelines next season....

There is no more basis for that than there is for him being with the Browns next year.