THE BROWNS BOARD

OBF, I've Made The Pilgrimage

MLD Woody

For me personally Woody probably the biggest reason I am a believer is the history of the Jewish people and the fulfilled prophecies in the bible that defy all odds.

Jesus fulfilled more than 300 prophecies in the Bible. Peter Stoner in Science Speaks (Chicago: Moody Press, 1963) calculated the probability of one man fulfilling 48 prophecies to be one in 10 to the 157th power. 1 in 10,000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 This could not have happened by mere chance. Only a supernatural God could have inspired and fulfilled the prophecies in the Bible.

http://storage.cloversites.com/makinglifecountministriesinc/documents/Proof the Bible is True_2.pdf

• Upvote 1

Although the story of Adam and Eve gets slammed by non believers it answers the question of why there is good and evil in the world. 

At the very beginning of the bible it says God spoke the universe into existence. It states the universe had a beginning. That may not seem like a big revelation today as everyone is onboard with the universe starting with a big bang. For many centuries though science believed the universe was eternal. Science was proved wrong, the bible had it right.

It all started in the garden. What was Adam's real sin? He committed treason. God created the earth and gave Adam dominion over His creation and Adam when he sinned turned that dominion over to God's enemy. This is what the bible speaks about saying satan is the god of this world. This is what satan was speaking about when tempting Christ and offering Him the dominion he said was given to him (who gave it to him, not God but Adam).

It is interesting in the bible God creates everything in a few chapters in Genesis but when Moses was given instructions on building the tabernacle there is chapter after chapter about how it specifically had to be built. Creation does not compare to redemption. The tabernacle symbolizes our redemption and what it represented. This was going to cost God sending His own Son.

Jesus says you must be born again and this goes back to Adam dying spiritually in the garden when Adam sinned. God never prepared hell or the lake of fire for mankind it was for satan and demons. 

I wonder how long we have to wait to hear Woody discuss the subject. Did he think any differently?

what are his perceptions of all that he saw?

What were his impressions of the exhibit?

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

your feelings change over what you saw at that exhibit?  Change your mind about all of it?

Considering it's all based on feelings... No. Not at all.

The whole thing was hilarious. There were many, many "informative" areas that complete misrepresented the scientific argument. Either purposefully leaving jnfo out or just being wrong. Then the pro creation stuff essentially had 0 citation or support anywhere. 

The whole thing was a joke and anyone that could think critically would know it's a joke

Easily the funniest section was the one about dinosaurs

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I wonder how long we have to wait to hear Woody discuss the subject. Did he think any differently?

what are his perceptions of all that he saw?

What were his impressions of the exhibit?

The actual museum was very well pit together. The layouts were cool. The outdoor area was nice. There was a zip line and petting zoo.

It was a cool museum with just really dumb content. If it was any other content it would be much better. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Save your sermon for another Sunday so I can sleep last night off.

Sorry I don't push my beliefs on others but when the thread is directed towards me about an atheist going to a creation museum I wanted to put some truth into the conversation.

OBF, that museum is designed to take people that already don't know much about science and biology and then misinform them about it. 

Anyone that knows about this stuff would walk through there and be blown away by everything that incorrect or misleading

But dinosaurs on the ark. Holy fuck. That was great.