THE BROWNS BOARD

OBF, I've Made The Pilgrimage

MLD Woody

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

OBF, that museum is designed to take people that already don't know much about science and biology and then misinform them about it. 

Anyone that knows about this stuff would walk through there and be blown away by everything that incorrect or misleading

But dinosaurs on the ark. Holy fuck. That was great.

There are scientists who are knowledgeable about biology and science who believe in creationism and always remember there is no such thing as "settled science".

9d9c7fbebbe7eb3f954df7f5bce923d8.jpg

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

There are scientists who are knowledgeable about biology and science who believe in creationism and always remember there is no such thing as "settled science".

9d9c7fbebbe7eb3f954df7f5bce923d8.jpg

Isn't that comic mocking you?

Right, there is no such thing as settled science (to s degree). That's the point! A scientist wants to see new evidence!

They collect evidence and work to a conclusion

You're starting with a conclusion and finding evidence

That's literally the whole point

The cartoon is just a cartoon. I take it for what it is (humor) and I'm not using it to advocate for or against anything. 

Christians who are scientists also follow the evidence.

Just using "science" the atheist has the weakest argument going against all science believing that out of nothing came all of creation. What science backs that up?

Gary-Larson-Climate-Change.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Just using "science" the atheist has the weakest argument going against all science believing that out of nothing came all of creation. What science backs that up?

This is such a radical over simplification that it borders on being out right wrong.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 1:25 PM, MLD Woody said:

IMG_20200307_132439.jpg

I thought dinosaurs were already extinct by the time our Lord cast upon this earth a great flood.  Besides, I don't see how some of the larger herbivores could have fit through that door.

If those two larger creatures on the ramp are elephants than I suspect that a T-Rex could have squeezed through that door. Even a stegosaurus or triceratops.

Image result for largest herbivour dinosaur

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

I thought dinosaurs were already extinct by the time our Lord cast upon this earth a great flood.  Besides, I don't see how some of the larger herbivores could have fit through that door.

If those two larger creatures on the ramp are elephants than I suspect that a T-Rex could have squeezed through that door. Even a stegosaurus or triceratops.

Image result for largest herbivour dinosaur

Oh, don't worry sir. The Creation Museum has all the answers for lost souls like you 

- Dinosaurs were actually pretty small. And if they weren't, Noah just took the babies on board.

- Also, Noah only needed to take "kinds" onto the ark. So he only needed like 50 [Ham, 2012] on the ark.

- in fact, Noah only needed two dogs. Then after the flood those dogs became every dog, every wolf, every fox, every coyote, etc

IMG_20200307_135918.thumb.jpg.6c955054e4a1bdf40a7ab93cac407f1e.jpg

World_religions_pie_chart.png

“Jews don’t recognize Jesus, Protestants don’t recognize the Pope, and Baptists don’t recognize one another in the liquor store.”

what's the other one? Something about there being 53 significant religions in the world and the problem is each and every one of them thinks THEY are right.

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh, don't worry sir. The Creation Museum has all the answers for lost souls like you 

- Dinosaurs were actually pretty small. And if they weren't, Noah just took the babies on board.

- Also, Noah only needed to take "kinds" onto the ark. So he only needed like 50 [Ham, 2012] on the ark.

- in fact, Noah only needed two dogs. Then after the flood those dogs became every dog, every wolf, every fox, every coyote, etc

There is something to be said as far as me being "a lost soul". I guess I can say lost by means of my gravitating toward agnosticism. That said, I do not begrudge or ridicule true believers, and strongly support the freedom of religion. 

I also believe that religion, of the Christian version, is better than no religion....and don't start telling me how many wars and how much blood was shed in the name of religion, because it is miniscule compared to the death and carnage caused by secularists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

There is something to be said as far as me being "a lost soul". I guess I can say lost by means of my gravitating toward agnosticism. That said, I do not begrudge or ridicule true believers, and strongly support the freedom of religion. 

I also believe that religion, of the Christian version, is better than no religion....and don't start telling me how many wars and how much blood was shed in the name of religion, because it is miniscule compared to the death and carnage caused by secularists.

"Lost soul" is just a joke. Basically, what I would be called if I spoke my mind at the museum. 

I will ridicule beliefs I think are dumb. I don't really care what they are.

I agree with freedom of religion though. And my freedom to mock it. 

I think we're better off without religion. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"Lost soul" is just a joke. Basically, what I would be called if I spoke my mind at the museum. 

I will ridicule beliefs I think are dumb. I don't really care what they are.

I agree with freedom of religion though. And my freedom to mock it. 

I think we're better off without religion. 

I think we’re better off without you.....so there’s that.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Woody seems awfully upset about this issue. Does obf  knock on his door early in the morning?

🙅‍♂️

WSS

It is kind of creepy that an avowed atheist would visit the place just so he can take pictures and mock it on the Browns board.

8 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It is kind of creepy that an avowed atheist would visit the place just so he can take pictures and mock it on the Browns board.

Woody had a good thing going -  I know he doesn't think much of it, or believe it...but going way past criticizing from a "science" point of view, and ridiculing it...the left talks tolerance, and respect for their beliefs, even demand it in the courts.

On the flip side, ridicule is the weapon of those whose emotions can't be explained, and, is one of the diabolical Saul Alinski's rules for radicals to get power over others.

He just had to go woodpecker and ruin it. Demand we respect 43 different genders, gayness, etc etc etc etc etc ...

but they don't have to respect anything about anyone else who isn't on the left.

I guess they feel that is personal power over other people. sad.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

"Avowed atheist"? Where?

I'm not so sure that you can prove there isn't a god, but if I had to bet, I'd say there isn't one. Especially a god as described in Christianity.

If you think I went there just to post on this board you're crazy. I was in there area and my group decided to swing by. Can't fault me for wanting to learn what Creationists have to say, right? Was curious. Wanted to learn. And I did. I learned more about creationism.

14 minutes ago, Axe said:

Actually, you're placing the largest bet of your life. ;)

I'm a good person. 

If a god would punish me because I stopped eating his crackers and drinking his win when I was 14 then so be it. Seems like a stuck up god

18 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"Avowed atheist"? Where?

I'm not so sure that you can prove there isn't a god, but if I had to bet, I'd say there isn't one. Especially a god as described in Christianity.

If you think I went there just to post on this board you're crazy. I was in there area and my group decided to swing by. Can't fault me for wanting to learn what Creationists have to say, right? Was curious. Wanted to learn. And I did. I learned more about creationism.

Why would you have especially a problem with the God of Christianity? 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm a good person. 

If a god would punish me because I stopped eating his crackers and drinking his win when I was 14 then so be it. Seems like a stuck up god

We aren't saved because we are good. We are saved because our Savior is good.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

Why would you have especially a problem with the God of Christianity? 

Any religion that has a "personal" God. I just know the most about Christianity. 

If an all powerful God exists he doesn't give two shits whether or not you eat shellfish or if gays marry

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Any religion that has a "personal" God. I just know the most about Christianity. 

If an all powerful God exists he doesn't give two shits whether or not you eat shellfish or if gays marry

A personal God who went all the way to redeem us by dying a horrible death on a cross. He didn't make empty promises. He said he came into the world to die for us and that He would rise from death. He fulfilled prophecies in the bible that defy mathematical odds. You can reject Him but you do it at your own peril. He is the way, the truth and the life. There is no other way.

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

A personal God who went all the way to redeem us by dying a horrible death on a cross. He didn't make empty promises. He said he came into the world to die for us and that He would rise from death. He fulfilled prophecies in the bible that defy mathematical odds. You can reject Him but you do it at your own peril. He is the way, the truth and the life. There is no other way.

See that sounds no better than a cult to me. 

You're basing that all on an old book that's been modified countless times. 

But we've been down this path so many times that I won't worry about it. Your brain is just wired differently. You were born that way.