THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Draft Finished Rounds

The Gipper

59 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Bill Belichick left his draft settings on "Autodraft" and spent the weekend not answering his phone while doing an Easter egg hunt with his family.

There's just one need left on the roster - replacing Gostkowski.  Bill has actually targeted this kid.

Rodrigo "Hot Rod" Blankenship, K, Georgia

He surely won't be teased for his nickname on a football team - that would never happen.  Until he takes his glasses off, that is.

I was thinking seriously about taking him later. 

LA Rams need a CB so they take BPA Kindle Vildor Georgia Southern. He is #170 on CBS board and 5-7 rd pick on Walter who call him one of the best players in the Sun Belt Conf. Not as highly rated on drafttek but with 4.44  40 speed he is worth a shot in the 7th.

PM sent to Unsympathetic.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss

Somebody has to get open..

Well I gave you a chance.😁

Denver selects WR Quarney Davis Texas A&M. He has now been interviewed by no less that 10 of the 32 teams and is projected in the 3-5 rds by Walter and is #165 overall by drafttek. Denver looked at him all week in the Senior Bowl as well as the combine. Easy pick in the 7th round for them and another weapon for Lock.

Normally I would say he should have stayed for his senior year, but the Ags just added the best player in Texas at the top of their #5 national recruiting class, a 6'4" 4.3 leaper named Demond Demas. Add a similar one 6'4" from last year's top 10 class and the competition would have pushed him and another Junior right off the field.

EDIT: PM to Woody sent.

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Pick  232.     Pittsburgh Steelers.       Steelers like taking Ohio State players.  I am giving them one:

Liam McCullough   Long Snapper   Ohio St.

Pick  233   Chicago Bears 

David Woodward   Linebacker  Utah St. 

And Pittsburgh  get a steal in the 7th round

The New York Giants select Jon Runyan Jr, OG, Michigan

Runyan had to play out of position at LT for Michigan and still earned all B1G honors. He fits better at OG, has potential there, and had a string combine. Plus, good bloodlines with his dad's success in the NFL. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

If you scroll up 5 ranks from Quarney you'll see where Walter ranks Quez  :)

Yep-but he ain't been doing serious interviewing like Davis has. Make a side bet for a beer on who goes first. If this damn virus ever gets to the point we can travel up there again to visit my wife's sister & husband in Bedford, then the winner can collect over that beer and clam chowder.😋🍻🥣

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Write-up looks like a one and done summer camp guy to me. You forgot to put NE for his NFL team. LOL!😁

PS-Looks like we just might make a run at finishing up the BB draft today. Keep checking everyone.

BTW I tried to get picks from Browns 149 so I could post it for him when his last pick is due, but still has a full box. If you read this B 149, just send me your picks now and I'll post them for your when your picks comes up.

In these last 14 picks there are 2 for Minnesota, 2 for Houston,  2 for Denver, 2 for NY Giants, 2 for Miami;  1 for Green Bay, 1 for Cleveland, 1 for Tenn. and 1 for SFO.

Someone can take Browns 149's Miami picks. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

In these last 14 picks there are 2 for Minnesota, 2 for Houston,  2 for Denver, 2 for NY Giants, 2 for Miami;  1 for Green Bay, 1 for Cleveland, 1 for Tenn. and 1 for SFO.

Someone can take Browns 149's Miami picks. 

I can do Miami .... please pm me when on clock and I will check in regularly 

42 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So will will re-choose for him Gip?

I'm going to take a nap after a couple hours mowing the yard,  so good luck on the re-choose and leave my last two alone.😁

PS-PM darren when you are done with Flyin J and yours.😴

He has like 10-15 minutes. 

I will at least stick with the positions that Flyin J chose:

With Pick # 242  The Green Bay Packers select:

Carter Coughlin  Edge   Minnesota

With Pick # 243  the Tennesse Titans select:

Binjimin Victor  WR  Ohio St. 

Victor is actually rated the  #182 top overall selection,  so getting him at #243 can be seen as a bargain

San Francisco complete their 2020 draft with a player who left college a year early to enter the 2020 draft and he is rewarded by being picked ....... some have him as a 4th rounder, happy to grab him here

Stanford Samuels,  CB,  FSU

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/stanford-samuels?id=32195341-4d72-3337-4007-65a70fbc0494

The New York Giants select J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona

5 foot 5 and 185 pounds, but don't let that fool you. Look at those highlights below and watch him truck guys. You can't get lower than the 5'5" RB. Steal at this point in the draft. He'll be a great compliment to Saquan. Dangerous on screen. Etc.

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The New York Giants select J.J. Taylor, RB, Arizona

5 foot 5 and 185 pounds, but don't let that fool you. Look at those highlights below and watch him truck guys. You can't get lower than the 5'5" RB. Steal at this point in the draft. He'll be a great compliment to Saquan. Dangerous on screen. Etc

I agree. He should go before the 7th. He was one I was looking at for sure.

PS-stick around. This should go very fast from this point to Mr. Irrelevant.

Sent a PM to Gipper.

Gipper-

darren left me his pick for Miami - he decided against Jeff Thomas and took Joe Reed WR Virginia. Drafttek has him @ #212 overall and Thomas #306. Walter has them both very close together as 4-6 rd picks with almost identical 40's, but Reed is taller and heavier with a better 2019 season. 

Denver could use another RB and decides to go with a power back in 5'10"  220 lb. RB James Robinson from Southern Illinois who has had quite a stellar career there and #193 overall with drafttek. Take a look. https://goredbirds.com/sports/football/roster/james-robinson/6388