THE BROWNS BOARD

Saftey vs. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

Gorka

Should have there been an asterisk after this phrase in the Constitution?

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.*

* Unless the safety of the people is called into question.

In Oklahoma you can now be arrested and fined for hunting or fishing even if you're alone. In Michigan you can be fined and arrested for golfing... alone.

Supposedly 10,000 in Lansing Mich protesting against their continued lockdown. Protests also in Louisiana, OK City, Kentucky, OH. VA. Protests expected in Pa. after Gov. Wolf vetos a bill that aims to lift the lockdown.

Considering that the US death rate is only 77 people per 1,000,000 and the new COVID cases flattening, does anyone feel that we've become subjects of excessive government control?

Just curious about your thoughts on this.

Something to think about:

If safety is your highest value then you'll want to hand yourself over to those in government that will keep you safe.

If freedom and liberty is your highest virtue then you take power away from the oligarchs who want to control you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Considering that the US death rate is only 77 people per 1,000,000 and the new COVID cases flattening, does anyone feel that we've become subjects of excessive government control?

I'm dying (pun intended) to know how you got that number 

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.*

LOL yeah put a * there for something will probably go on for a few months.

I'm sure there are other who would put an * there for "stuff" thats been going on 100's of years.

15 hours ago, Gorka said:

In Oklahoma you can now be arrested and fined for hunting or fishing even if you're alone. In Michigan you can be fined and arrested for golfing... alone.

Supposedly 10,000 in Lansing Mich protesting against their continued lockdown. Protests also in Louisiana, OK City, Kentucky, OH. VA. Protests expected in Pa. after Gov. Wolf vetos a bill that aims to lift the lockdown.

Just curious about your thoughts on this.

Something to think about:

If safety is your highest value then you'll want to hand yourself over to those in government that will keep you safe.

If freedom and liberty is your highest virtue then you take power away from the oligarchs who want to control you.

Just some opinions - seems to me, that as free Americans - it's a sickening overreach to order people to stay inside their homes, period.

Arrested and fined for going fishing, hunting or ALONE? WTF? That is lawsuit territory, and the state loses. I would like to blame in on democrat sombeitches, but I think the Oklahoma gov is a rep.

Regardless, what are they going to start doing now? A tornado warning - if they find that you didn't go to your basement, you go to jail and get fined?

I can see putting out serious warnings and advisories. But this isn't a martial law type of crisis.

Now, if you are exposed and sick, and you go around and infect people to make some warped political statement?

Then I would arrest that sicko.

It comes down to this - a free people have discretion to run their own lives and make their own decisions. Inform em, advise them, but too many politicians don't understand the power of our Constitution...some willingly ignore it - to their serious discredit.

There are sheriffs who are refusing to enforce these asinine declarations. I saw one of em read their mission - it had to do with the Constitution - not the whims of any politician.

I've read where "safety" is a lever of power - the gov wants/demands that you be dependent on them for safety - one of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, at or near the top of the pyramid - meaning they must deny as much as possible - gun ownership. So people can't protect themselves. and "guaranteed income" is guaranteed votes and continued wealth and power for leftwing politicians.

It's the old progressive/marxist/communist corrupt ploy.

• Upvote 1

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/04/17/yikes-sheriff-allegedly-threatened-teens-family-with-arrest-if-she-didnt-remove-posts-about-having-wuhan-coronavirus/

something is wrong upstairs with a hack sheriff that would allow himself to be a power-seeking hack. It's about protecting our precious CONSTITUTION. and protecting the CITIZENS WHO ELECTED HIM. that's it.

2 hours ago, Axe said:

How did all those people get to TWO beaches on each coast of the country? 😮 And get their pictures taken in the exact same positions 🤪

93621786_10157725913182839_2598998368529

The one on the right is most likely legit. Reported by the NY Post,  the photo seems to have originated from Gainesville Fla.'s  97.3 WSKY news department.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Social distancing will be for at least 1 - 1 1/2 more years, deal with it snowflakes.😂

Robert De Niro GIF

I assume  you were being funny. Snowflakes? 18 months? Would you like to tell that to MLB, the NFL, and NBA? College football? The NCAA already  took a billion or so hit canceling  March  Madness. The Browns  play games in an empty  stadium,  OK- as a season ticket holder,  I  demand a refund of my 2020 PAID IN FULL  ACCOUNT. Think I'll get it? Fat chance. MHO is there's a pretty good chance the regular NFL season won't  start until November. 

From a sports perspective it's a  financial impossibility playing  games in empty stadiums.  For sure,  the Olympics are happening  next summer regardless.  

11 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think it all depends on what the situation with this damn virus is come fall.  If it slows (if)down in the summer, then comes back again next fall, were in deep shit.

It will also depend on how  fast  they can ramp up  testing for the  virus, and more importantly virus antibodies.  We should by fall  have a lot  better  idea of what percentage of cases are mild and asymptomatic compared to the  # of deaths. We already know Corona  isn't  Ebola with a  extremely high  fatality rate. 

I've mentioned- is potentially saving X number of people  worth the cost of a 1930s level  world wide depression?  I see it  coming.  Read yesterday very possible 10% of restaurants may permanently  fold with the consequent job loss. 

• Upvote 1

Well it's time for the trumpettes to designate which close family or friends you think should be sacrificed to the new open it up too soon policy. 42,000+ is just not enough for the newer deeper second wave that is sure to come because of it. So fork over!

Oh, you meant someone ELSE needs to go? Fancy that.

• Upvote 1

Just when I think people can't get any stupider, I listened to some of these protesters... 

and it what world is it now ok for the President to call for US citizen to "LIBERATE" states? (only the ones with Dem governors though...)

Holy fuck could you imagine the absolute shitshow this board would be if Obama was on twitter telling protesting liberals to LIBERATE red states? I mean, I'm going to post and say I think it is ridiculous and unpresidential, but in that other scenario we'd have a full page of threads by now, and at least one would link Obama to the anti christ. 

dammit. Who taught Woody the "S***Show" word? The same one who taught him the "F" word?

The reason Pres Trump said that - is because it seems to ONLY be democrat govenors who are violating the Constitution/Bill of Rights, and grabbing more and more power they aren't allowed to have - to effect their leftwing agenda. I imagine they were instructed to do it, so Pelosi could use the calamity against Pres Trump again.

Openly flouting the restrictions on government - ObaMao commie hated that, and complained openly about it.

The left demands more and more power -and they don't have any use for anyone or any famous, one of a kind brilliant Document that stops them. Too freaking bad. I predict a LOT of folks in Michigan and Virginia , to name two, will go FREEDOM and Republican next election.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Just when I think people can't get any stupider, I listened to some of these protesters... 

Yeah, I get the same feeling every time I have to read one one of your ignorant posts

and it what world is it now ok for the President to call for US citizen to "LIBERATE" states? (only the ones with Dem governors though...)

Holy fuck could you imagine the absolute shitshow this board would be if Obama was on twitter telling protesting liberals to LIBERATE red states? I mean, I'm going to post and say I think it is ridiculous and unpresidential, but in that other scenario we'd have a full page of threads by now, and at least one would link Obama to the anti christ.

I know you are young. we understand you are still stupid. What the fuck do you think he was saying here..  "We have to fundamentally transform bla blah blah.."

Oh, wait, I forgot.. You aren't a democrat ;)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

which, IMHO, a bunch of bullhockey. Here in America, our size and culture - it was never a lockdown like a lot of other countries could enforce.

After the first week of the restrictions - a LOT of folks in our neck of the woods were going into stores with no mask, no gloves, didn't use the wipes to wipe off the carts,  etc etc etc. I believe the restrictions did a ton of good - it's hard to say how many Americans might have died with this virus running every damn where. But, the curve in many places has flattened, and it's time by May 1st to let the good times roll and FREEDOM RING. Our lives are different now - this particular virus doesn't die in hrs, it can live for days - 3 to 6 in the last report I saw.

It's been plenty enough time to figure that where the virus has burnt itself out - let life get back to normal. People will still tend to be careful. And if we go camping with friends this Sept... we aren't going to use their facilities, we'll bring out own.

At least this year.

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

Yeah, I get the same feeling every time I have to read one one of your ignorant posts

I know you are young. we understand you are still stupid. What the fuck do you think he was saying here..  "We have to fundamentally transform bla blah blah.."

Oh, wait, I forgot.. You aren't a democrat ;)

A democrat would be registered with the party and always vote for the candidates, right?

Nothing about you screams "intelligence". I'm not worried about what you think. If anything you thinking I'm stupid just makes me more correct.

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Interesting reads Steve- but how can anyone state- the Fatality rate equals seasonal flu. 

It's an economic disaster alright. Don't need a doctorate in economics to figure that out. 

• Upvote 1