THE BROWNS BOARD

Saftey vs. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

Gorka

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

You got us there.

I admit I'm doing nothing to push for Federal funding for testing. OBF what are you doing about it? Axe? Cal? Especially you Steve, what are you doing about it?

LOL, me personally, I was going to call Pres Trump and tell him we desperately need an instant knee jerkie 380,000,000 tests done by TOMORROW, but we took the new fancy spaceship car to the dealer to get  it undercoated/weather sealed, and ordered our steak dinners for pickup on the way home, and a neighbor wanted to borrow the big tractor rototiller, and we had to start a new jigsaw puzzle, and, with all the quarantine thing - Wife wanted to nascar around on her hotrod lawn mower, so I had to pick up all the fruit tree branches from trimming the trees so I helped the economy by hiring two little neighborhood kids who stopped by to help me....and I got pretty sore later on. I'm baking bread and taking it easy. I think.

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Wife wanted to nascar around on her hotrod lawn mower, so I had to pick up all the fruit tree branches from trimming the trees so I helped the economy by hiring two little neighborhood kids who stopped by to help me..

So you needlessly exposed yourself to two snot nosed kids when you know under a certain age they are just carriers?!!😤😤🤣

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So you needlessly exposed yourself to two snot nosed kids when you know under a certain age they are just carriers?!!😤😤🤣

do you get cookies for asking stupid questions and declaring stupid antagonistic threads that have zero merit? What the heck - are you counting on opening up an internet cookie business???

They kept 6 feet away. It was outdoors. No fruit trees grow in the house.

I wish hardcore liberals would learn to think instead of outrageously emote for negative attention.tenor.gif

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

do you get cookies for asking stupid questions and declaring stupid antagonistic threads that have zero merit? What the heck - are you counting on opening up an internet cookie business???

They kept 6 feet away. It was outdoors. No fruit trees grow in the house.

I wish hardcore liberals would learn to think instead of outrageously emote for negative attention.

I put the laughin' face on it so you could distinguish pulling your chain from something serious.

But let me fix it for ya.!

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL!😁

and I went and put and Uncle Si being funny so you could understand I was responding in kind. But you emotionally knee jerked too fast, before I could edit my post... Now, if you just ever had a serious contribution to a discussion that you could back up with legitimacy, that would cause for celebration!.giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

What has been odd about this is that I don't know anyone who has contracted the virus. No one in my relatively large family , no friends or acquaintances, neighbors or co-workers,...yet come flu season it seems someone I know got the flue bug.

I don't minimize this virus. It put Britain's PM Boris Johnson in the ICU in critical condition . Canton Dawg got hit  hard with it and is hospitalized. A friend of mine who is home now on oxygen also was hospitalized and was on a ventilator for 5 days. This is a very nasty Chinese virus. My argument Gorka is to take this virus seriously but not let the cure be worse than the disease. It seems like most people who get the virus will have no or mild symptoms but those who get hit hard with it really get hit hard. Those who are at risk such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions should take extra precautions. We are between a rock and a hard place. In a perfect world we should take months of a lock down to starve the virus but in the real world if we did that we could end up with a financial collapse the likes we haven't seen since the Great Depression.

Also this Chinese virus is more contagious than anything I can remember. We know the spread is going to happen again when we open things up but do we have any other choice?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't minimize this virus. It put Britain's PM Boris Johnson in the ICU in critical condition . Canton Dawg got hit  hard with it and is hospitalized. A friend of mine who is home now on oxygen also was hospitalized and was on a ventilator for 5 days. This is a very nasty Chinese virus. My argument Gorka is to take this virus seriously but not let the cure be worse than the disease. It seems like most people who get the virus will have no or mild symptoms but those who get hit hard with it really get hit hard. Those who are at risk such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions should take extra precautions. We are between a rock and a hard place. In a perfect world we should take months of a lock down to starve the virus but in the real world if we did that we could end up with a financial collapse the likes we haven't seen since the Great Depression.

Also this Chinese virus is more contagious than anything I can remember. We know the spread is going to happen again when we open things up but do we have any other choice?

I believe it's getting near time to get back ...closer...to regular every day life. We can do that, while still being careful, not taking anything for granted or being careless. Some societal norms will go by the wayside - shaking hands/hugging etc...I think the use of public bathrooms might be "only in case of emergency" kind of thing - hand sanitizer everywhere. I do wonder how the camp out in Sept will go...if it does at all.

We may not ever be the same again - but eventually, we will find a vaccine etc and get past it for the most part.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't know  CDawg personally,, I was just curious to know if anyone has had the experience I have had thus far. I was shocked at Boris contracting it as well as other notable names.

3 minutes ago, Gorka said:

I don't know  CDawg personally,, I was just curious to know if anyone has had the experience I have had thus far. I was shocked at Boris contracting it as well other famous names.

I don't know Cdawg either personally. He did say he was diabetic and asthmatic which would make him a prime candidate to get hit hard with the virus. My friend who was put on a ventilator for 5 days I thought didn't have any other health issues but I found out from his sister he did have diabetes and high blood pressure which put him at greater risk. 

There are other cases though of younger healthy people with no underlying medical issues getting hit hard with the virus. I wonder is there more than one strain of the virus with one strain being more deadly and another milder? Or is it a case where some get a real good dose of the virus all at once and their system gets overwhelmed quickly while others get less of a dose giving their bodies more time to fight it off? 

FAUCI SAYS REOPENING TOO QUICKLY WILL BACKFIRE

OK and the good doctor is probably right about this although he was surely wrong when he repeatedly said the risk of the virus spreading in the United States was minimal. 

Now we need some economists being interviewed about just how long we can go with lockdowns before the economic costs are catastrophic. It is a balancing act.

Fauci doesn't set a time period of when we should re-open. That would be good to know. He is setting himself for an easy "I told you so" when the virus inevitably starts to spread again after we re-open. Once we re-open  every new case of Covid19 and every death will be laid on those of us who wanted to re-open the economy. You can count on it from the MSM but the other side of the story are the economic consequences of an extended lock down.

https://www.5newsonline.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/fauci-reopening-quickly-backfire/69-50763639-846c-45b2-a4f1-9e4228c26f81

33 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

FAUCI SAYS REOPENING TOO QUICKLY WILL BACKFIRE

OK and the good doctor is probably right about this although he was surely wrong when he repeatedly said the risk of the virus spreading in the United States was minimal. 

Now we need some economists being interviewed about just how long we can go with lockdowns before the economic costs are catastrophic. It is a balancing act.

Fauci doesn't set a time period of when we should re-open. That would be good to know. He is setting himself for an easy "I told you so" when the virus inevitably starts to spread again after we re-open. Once we re-open  every new case of Covid19 and every death will be laid on those of us who wanted to re-open the economy. You can count on it from the MSM but the other side of the story are the economic consequences of an extended lock down.

https://www.5newsonline.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/fauci-reopening-quickly-backfire/69-50763639-846c-45b2-a4f1-9e4228c26f81

Trump should ask one of his economies advisors about whether The Natural Disasters would be able to beat Corona at Summer Slam. 

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

Geezus, and I even put he definition of cavalier right in front of this half brain.

Hoorta never said it was acceptable. You chose the word "acceptable" then took it out of context to imply that Hoorta has an arrogant disregard or a dismissive attitude toward death and suffering. Fuckin knuckle dragging monkey.

39000 die from auto accidents each year and 100's of thousands are injured or disabled. Is that acceptable or is it not?
For you homework explain why or why not. You're allowed to pair up , so go ahead and partner up with DHead

Years of having to get (or having  the ER doc get) blood samples out of trauma  patients so I could get their transfusions set up has left me very cold blooded  realistic. Seeing what's left of people who wrecked their Harleys at 50+ mph, or gotten  run over by a train will do that to you. Doesn't mean I'm unsympathetic to human suffering  though. It's part of our human condition.

My initial  point with Tex was over 2 million people die of various causes in the United States every year. Whether you die from Corona, cancer, a heart attack, or car wreck- you're just as dead. Sort of disingenuous that I should somehow be more sympathetic to someone who died of covid than to the parents whose kid accidentally drowned in the backyard pool. That's not being  cavalier,  just realistic. 

Yes, there's been 42k (and counting) Corona deaths so far. There's going to  be more regardless of what we do or don't do.  If you want to bunker down like Ag, or instead flip the governors off and protest, it's your choice. I'm far from the only one out there of the opinion you can't  minimize the loss of life at all costs- at any cost. 

So based on what we know, my POV is I like my Vegas survival  odds. 20:1 even if I  contract  Corona it's not  going to kill me, and even if I  accept  Ag's horror story of a million  deaths, my odds are 330:1 I'm not going to be one of those  landing  in a cemetery. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Corruption: Former Defense Secretary Mattis’ Secret $10 ...

https://www.teaparty247.org/corruption-former...

Corruption: Former Defense Secretary Mattis’ Secret $10 Billion No-Bid Pentagon Contract With Amazon

Now, we are told by Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that, in addition to being disloyal, Mattis is also corrupt. As defense secretary, Mattis made a secret, no-bid $10 billion Pentagon contract with Amazon.com.

My post of May 24, 2019 was on what may be the real reason why Mattis resigned or was fired: At least seven months before he resigned, Mattis had put together a plan to challenge Trump in the 2020 Republican primary elections.

Now, we are told by Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that, in addition to being disloyal, Mattis is also corrupt. As defense secretary, Mattis made a secret, no-bid $10 billion Pentagon contract with Amazon.com.

The corrupt deep state can't control Pres Trump, THANK GOD, but mattis planned to replace him...while working for him?

corrupt you betcha.

• Haha 1

EXCLUSIVE: Mattis Considered Presidential Run in 2020 Back ...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/12/exclusive...

Dec 20, 2018 · Outgoing Defense Secretary General James Mattis explored the possibility of a presidential run against Trump in 2020, according to a leaked NDA sent to multiple political consulting firms in May this year and exclusively obtained by The Gateway Pundit.

LOL

Mattis swipes at Trump, warns of ‘storm clouds gathering ...

https://www.Foxnews.com/politics/mattis-swipes-at-trump-warns-of-storm-clouds...

But Trump then announced the secretary would be removed from his post on Jan. 1, 2019 — nearly two months before Mattis had planned. Trump, in October 2018, told CBS News’ “60 Minutes” that he had a “very good relationship” with Mattis, but described him as “sort of a Democrat.”.

Democrats’ role for Mattis: The anti-Trump - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/james...

James Mattis is the one Donald Trump Cabinet pick whom Democrats could unilaterally block. Instead, they made clear Thursday their resounding support for the retired Marine Corps general, touting him as their best hope for reining in a president-elect who has …

34 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

No, do to his opening the country to quickly, and not responding in time to the initial outbreak.

If we don't start opening the economy up soon we may not have much of a country left. Already unemployment funds are running out. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/states-quickly-depleting-unemployment-funds-amid-record-shattering-surge-of-jobless-claims

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I go with the Medical professionals on opening, not the orange fat man.

The medical professionals haven't gotten this right either with terribly flawed models as well as our CDC expert Dr Fauci saying in late February the pandemic threat to our country was minuscule. 

17 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The medical professionals haven't gotten this right either with terribly flawed models as well as our CDC expert Dr Fauci saying in late February the pandemic threat to our country was minuscule. 

I'm sure Trump straightened them out with his superb intellect.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'm sure Trump straightened them out with his superb intellect.  

Or maybe Nancy Pelosi straightened them out that she needed some time off to eat designer ice cream in her luxury home while holding up legislation to help small businesses from going under? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Or maybe Nancy Pelosi straightened them out that she needed some time off to eat designer ice cream in her luxury home while holding up legislation to help small businesses from going under? 

But she isn't the President.