THE BROWNS BOARD

Saftey vs. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

Gorka

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

A democrat would be registered with the party and always vote for the candidates, right?

No, but you do

Nothing about you screams "intelligence". I'm not worried about what you think. If anything you thinking I'm stupid just makes me more correct.

That's how we're trained...  😀  You don't have a fucking clue.. See ya sonny, hope you survive your arrogance and ignorance.. You are a top shelf  Darwin award candidate. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Axe said:

Alright, well I'm not. If you think you know my political party affiliations, even when I'm telling you I'm not registered with the party and didn't vote for Hilary, then there's nothing I can do to make it more obvious. You can't fix stupid.

And yes, I'm sure you're just a vast reserve of intelligence... I mean, you have provided no reason for why that might be true, but I'm sure it is. 

I mean you give hypocritical advice, but you had the intelligence to realize the hypocrisy I guess

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Alright, well I'm not. If you think you know my political party affiliations, even when I'm telling you I'm not registered with the party and didn't vote for Hilary, then there's nothing I can do to make it more obvious. You can't fix stupid.

And yes, I'm sure you're just a vast reserve of intelligence... I mean, you have provided no reason for why that might be true, but I'm sure it is. 

I mean you give hypocritical advice, but you had the intelligence to realize the hypocrisy I guess

You probably should put the bottle down right about now Sonny. ;)

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Interesting reads Steve- but how can anyone state- the Fatality rate equals seasonal flu. 

It's an economic disaster alright. Don't need a doctorate in economics to figure that out. 

Listen to how she describes the leeway given to Drs on death certificates.. And how the CDC encourages covid-19 to be the primary..

https://montanadailygazette.com/2020/04/07/montana-doctor-blows-the-whistle-on-the-cdcs-manipulated-coronavirus-figures/?fbclid=IwAR0pqqLYiRmx3BaPYs0lqGsBQLaF2hzHSQOPty0cXUjwmsWwa4AOk-qCnlQ

I'm with Steve on this..

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well it's time for the trumpettes to designate which close family or friends you think should be sacrificed to the new open it up too soon policy. 42,000+ is just not enough for the newer deeper second wave that is sure to come because of it. So fork over!

Oh, you meant someone ELSE needs to go? Fancy that.

There's going to be more deaths regardless Ag.  Care to put a number on how many more are acceptable to you?  Oh. looked it up- with an overall mortality rate of 8\ per 1,000 that means every year around 2.4 million people die in the United States. So far- that 42k is around 1.5% of projected US deaths. OK, let's use a factor of 4, since we just exited the first quarter. 6% of total deaths sound about right?  We didn't shut the country down for the other 94%. But we did for corona deaths.   

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

Listen to how she describes the leeway given to Drs on death certificates.. And how the CDC encourages covid-19 to be the primary..

https://montanadailygazette.com/2020/04/07/montana-doctor-blows-the-whistle-on-the-cdcs-manipulated-coronavirus-figures/?fbclid=IwAR0pqqLYiRmx3BaPYs0lqGsBQLaF2hzHSQOPty0cXUjwmsWwa4AOk-qCnlQ

I'm with Steve on this..

Oh- I've mentioned it before, I'd hardly be surprized. Similar to African nations padding Ebola death figures a few years back. Didn't matter if you got hit by a car, stomped by an elephant, or bitten by a black mamba- you died of Ebola. 

Italy is doing the same AFAIK.  Let's backtrack and CYA that we maybe shouldn't have gone full bore hysterical.  

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well it's time for the trumpettes to designate which close family or friends you think should be sacrificed to the new open it up too soon policy. 42,000+ is just not enough for the newer deeper second wave that is sure to come because of it. So fork over!

Oh, you meant someone ELSE needs to go? Fancy that.

Dude, yer trippin... Hard.  :(

As with every flu season, people with secondary and tertiary health issues are at risk..  They will be again this coming winter.

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

There's going to be more deaths regardless Ag.  Care to put a number on how many more are acceptable to you?  Oh. looked it up- with an overall mortality rate of 8\ per 1,000 that means every year around 2.4 million people die in the United States. So far- that 42k is around 1.5% of projected US deaths. OK, let's use a factor of 4, since we just exited the first quarter. 6% of total deaths sound about right?  We didn't shut the country down for the other 94%. Or 170k corona deaths.   

I'm thinking had we done the Swedish policy we'd be looking at over 1 Million deaths from it eventually as outlined by the experts. That just adds to the normal expected amount and is not really a percentage of it at all. If we open back up it will take about a month to realize the extent of the mistake without an all out federal commitment to testing in conjunction with a phased in opening. To just open without knowing anything is operating blind. We will quickly head for that original estimate of over a million and the total for one year will be 3.4+ million, not just the usual 2.4 you cited.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Dude, yer trippin... Hard.  :(

As with every flu season, people with secondary and tertiary health issues are at risk..  They will be again this coming winter.

Not really. It just reflects the cavalier attitude I'm hearing on the board which is just a regurgitation of Fox's which informs the King what to think.

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not really. It just reflects the cavalier attitude I'm hearing on the board which is just a regurgitation of Fox's which informs the King what to think.

Sorry, I rarely do Fox.. Sorry to disappoint ya

I know it's 420 and all bro but let's not get carried away aight? ;)

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I certainly don't have a cavalier attitude Ag, I've weighed out my personal risk- and I'm not going to live like a hermit for the rest of the year. Most people are practicing social distancing now. We'll see what happens in a few weeks if the MAGA Zombie protesters all get coronaed in two weeks, won't we?  I happen to think 20 times more deaths will happen if we just go back to business as usual isn't going to happen either. Oh, fer sure- getting 80,000+ people together in a stadium for football is a real unknown and dicey proposition currently. 

State of Ohio did blanket testing of the prison population, and already there's a significant percentage positive with no symptoms. It's not a stretch to think that's the case in the general population too. It just could be the actual infection rate to death rate is a lot lower than what's being reported. Heck at that rate, we could have herd immunity by June with under 250k deaths. 

53 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I certainly don't have a cavalier attitude Ag, .................................we could have herd immunity by June with under 250k deaths.

That is what is called an oxymoron. Are you sure you didn't want that second part in pink?

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That is what is called an oxymoron. Are you sure you didn't want that second part in pink?

Call it what you wish. If the 2.2 transmission rate is correct, and (ok, this is a guess) 80% of the cases are asymptomatic or minor,  there well  could be 50 million of the herd already out there with varying degrees of  immunity. Give it another 6 weeks,  you do the math. 

Yes, based on the precautions you're taking,  I'm doing  about  5%. And I'll bet- I'm already doing it  with  my life, no? A million  US fatalities is a vastly overrated worst case scenario that isn't  going to be close to the final far lower number. I just took the anonymous covid survey Facebook linked to Carnegie Mellon, and I'm rating my personal risk and concern somewhere around a three on a ten scale. 

It greatly upset me when I heard my friends  mom hasn't  even been  allowed  out of her assisted living room for the last 3 weeks. That's not  called  precautions,  that's called solitary confinement.  Most convicts are  allowed  better.  

• Upvote 1

There is no easy answer. I believe we cannot stay in lockdown for 6 months to a year without serious economic damage that makes the cure worse than the disease. That is not a "cavalier" attitude. You could use the "cavalier" argument against those who want to have a lockdown for many more months or a year with no regard to the economic effects. The government cannot keep doling out trillions of dollars of borrowed money to finance a shut down without serious economic consequences. We are already in record debt. How many deaths will happen if the country goes into another Great Depression? 

So you weigh things out. There are some bad consequences either way you go. 

• Upvote 1

So here is my question. What are trump supporters doing about his dithering around with no massive federal push for testing?

Remember that old saying used way back when, "It's the economy stupid!"

Well..........................again he needs to hear from his supporters, "It's the testing stupid!"

Ironically if he acted like a real wartime president as he clams he is, then that is what he would be doing rather than wasting even more time on deflecting, blaming and not taking any responsibility for anything. The ironic part is that if he actually reversed field and did that, he'd win the election hands down. All his experts are telling him that is what is needed to do an open it up policy. 

Yet he just remains a moron. "Who could have seen that coming?"

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So here is my question. What are trump supporters doing about his dithering around with no massive federal push for testing?

Remember that old saying used way back when, "It's the economy stupid!"

Well..........................again he needs to hear from his supporters, "It's the testing stupid!"

Ironically if he acted like a real wartime president as he clams he is, then that is what he would be doing rather than wasting even more time on deflecting, blaming and not taking any responsibility for anything. The ironic part is that if he actually reversed field and did that, he'd win the election hands down. All his experts are telling him that is what is needed to do an open it up policy. 

Yet he just remains a moron. "Who could have seen that coming?"

Part of the mess we are in today is because of the other genius's before Trump who shipped our jobs and supply chains to China. How much of this testing falls to governors of individual states and how much can the federal government do? The federal government cannot do it all. Cuomo of New York cannot have it both ways. He cannot make a decision 5 years ago to not buy thousands of ventilators and then when a pandemic hits blame the federal government because NY doesn't have enough ventilators. Who could have seen the flu pandemic coming?Apparently all those on the left who were visionaries at the time warning us about it...too bad the internet doesn't forget what they actually said.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You got us there.

I admit I'm doing nothing to push for Federal funding for testing. OBF what are you doing about it? Axe? Cal? Especially you Steve, what are you doing about it?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's this kinda shit right here... these baseless assertions..Cavalier showing arrogant or offhand disregard; dismissive: a cavalier attitude toward the suffering of others.

It's a rational attitude being expressed here Tex, something you TDS types lack. What your accusation really reflects is what we've known about your types for a long time, that feelings and emotions take priority over reason and rationale.

So I guess it would be fair to accuse you of having a cavalier attitude over the suffering and hardships being inflicted on Americans if this lockdown is allowed to continue. But I wont.

4 minutes ago, Gorka said:

It's this kinda shit right here... these baseless assertions..Cavalier showing arrogant or offhand disregard; dismissive: a cavalier attitude toward the suffering of others.

It's a rational attitude being expressed here Tex, something you TDS types lack. What your accusation really reflects is what we've known about your types for a long time, that feelings and emotions take priority over reason and rationale.

So I guess it would be fair to accuse you of having a cavalier attitude over the suffering and hardships being inflicted on Americans if this lockdown is allowed to continue. But I wont.

And saying that 250,000 is acceptable is not cavalier? I see that the Moron in Chief has an able follower.

And then it continues.....................................

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

It greatly upset me when I heard my friends  mom hasn't  even been  allowed  out of her assisted living room for the last 3 weeks. That's not  called  precautions,  that's called solitary confinement.  Most convicts are  allowed  better.  

See how that statement is juxtaposed with 250,000 seemingly acceptable death? Really one person's discomfort is "greatly" upsetting, but the likelihood of 250,000 is not?

Let's see if moron Jr. (Gorka) can figure out the oxymoron on that one.

Very doubtful though. The trumpy line is to continue to deflect, blame others and ignore the obvious. And we all know who can't see beyond King Moron.🤴

26 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And saying that 250,000 is acceptable is not cavalier? I see that the Moron in Chief has an able follower.

See how that statement is juxtaposed with 250,000 seemingly acceptable death? Really one person's discomfort is "greatly" upsetting, but the likelihood of 250,000 is not?

Very doubtful though. The trumpy line is to continue to deflect, blame others and ignore the obvious. And we all know who can't see beyond King Moron.🤴

Thanks

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Interesting reads Steve- but how can anyone state- the Fatality rate equals seasonal flu. 

It's an economic disaster alright. Don't need a doctorate in economics to figure that out. 

What has been odd about this is that I don't know anyone who has contracted the virus. No one in my relatively large family , no friends or acquaintances, neighbors or co-workers,...yet come flu season it seems someone I know got the flue bug.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Geezus, and I even put he definition of cavalier right in front of this half brain.

Hoorta never said it was acceptable. You chose the word "acceptable" then took it out of context to imply that Hoorta has an arrogant disregard or a dismissive attitude toward death and suffering. Fuckin knuckle dragging monkey.

39000 die from auto accidents each year and 100's of thousands are injured or disabled. Is that acceptable or is it not?
For you homework explain why or why not. You're allowed to pair up , so go ahead and partner up with DHead.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Part of the mess we are in today is because of the other genius's before Trump who shipped our jobs and supply chains to China. How much of this testing falls to governors of individual states and how much can the federal government do? The federal government cannot do it all. Cuomo of New York cannot have it both ways. He cannot make a decision 5 years ago to not buy thousands of ventilators and then when a pandemic hits blame the federal government because NY doesn't have enough ventilators. Who could have seen the flu pandemic coming?Apparently all those on the left who were visionaries at the time warning us about it...too bad the internet doesn't forget what they actually said.