THE BROWNS BOARD

He Has Officially Lost His Mind

TexasAg1969

Yer right Tex.. We should never EVER,, I mean EVER!! think outside of the box you decrepit old fuck.. Good thing we never considered going to the moon eh?

And hey, what if,, DickHeadfan or Woody fan never thought "Wait, what if I charged money instead of sucking cork for free"? 😮

12 minutes ago, Axe said:

Yer right Tex.. We should never EVER,, I mean EVER!! think outside of the box you decrepit old fuck.. Good thing we never considered going to the moon eh?

So you're volunteering to take an IV of disinfectant are ya? That is coming right out of the bleachers in left field it's so far outside the box.

There is no defense for something that insane.

• Upvote 1

actually, it's dumb to not think outside the box.

as far as light - UV light is a possibility. Why not. It is common for liberals to not know what they need to know, but

still think they know ti all and ridicule ideas.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20180212/can-uv-light-be-used-to-kill-airborne-flu-virus-#1

HealthDay Reporter

MONDAY, Feb. 12, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- As a particularly nasty flu season rages across the United States, scientists have found a powerful new disinfectant that makes "light" work of the virus.

Researchers say a certain spectrum of ultraviolet light -- called far-UVC -- easily kills airborne flu viruses while posing no risk to people.

It could offer a new, inexpensive way to eliminate airborne flu viruses in indoor public spaces such as hospitals, doctors' offices, schools, airports and aircraft, said the team from Columbia University Medical Center in New York City.

The disinfecting success of initial experiments still need to be confirmed, said lead research David Brenner.

But he believes "the use of overhead, low-level far-UVC light in public locations would be a safe and efficient method for limiting the transmission and spread of airborne-mediated microbial diseases, such as influenza and tuberculosis."

as far as "injecting a disinfectant"...

ever hear of chemotherapy?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK8119/

Chapter 52Chemotherapy of Viral Infections

Erik De Clercq.

General Concepts

Basic Mechanisms

Antiviral drugs specifically inhibit one or more steps of virus replication without causing unacceptable side effects.

Approved Antiviral Drugs

The approved antiviral drugs and the viruses and diseases they treat are amantadine and rimantadine (influenza A virus), ribavirin (respiratory syncytial virus), idoxuridine and trifluridine (topical treatment of herpetic keratitis), vidarabine and acyclovir (systemic treatment of herpes simplex virus and varicella-zoster virus infections), famciclovir and valaciclovir (oral treatment of varicella-zoster virus infections), ganciclovir and foscarnet (cytomegalovirus), and zidovudine, didanosine, zalcitabine and stavudine (human immunodeficiency virus).

Future Antiviral Drugs

To overcome the limitations of current antiviral drugs, more effective compounds are being developed that allow greater inhibition of viruses, greater selectivity for virus-specific functions, and fewer side effects, and may avoid emergence of resistant mutants.

Main Targets for Antiviral Drugs

Specific events in virus replication identified as targets for antiviral agents are viral adsorption, penetration, uncoating, and viral nucleic acid synthesis as well as viral protein synthesis. Specificity for infected cells may occur when virus-specified enzymes (e.g., thymidine kinase-induced by herpes simplex virus or varicella-zoster virus) activate drugs (e.g., acyclovir).

Limitations of Antiviral Drugs

Limitations include a narrow antiviral spectrum, ineffectiveness against the latent virus, development of drug-resistant mutants and toxic side effects.

so, another attempt at ridicule when the rest of the story negates it and puts the reflection on the liberal poster who just wants to bash Pres Trump.

That's TDS, folks. and chemo and no kind of light can fix it - not even the truth.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

as far as light - UV light is a possibility. Why not. It is common for liberals to not know what they need to know, but

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20180212/can-uv-light-be-used-to-kill-airborne-flu-virus-#1

HealthDay Reporter

MONDAY, Feb. 12, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- As a particularly nasty flu season rages across the United States, scientists have found a powerful new disinfectant that makes "light" work of the virus.

Researchers say a certain spectrum of ultraviolet light -- called far-UVC -- easily kills airborne flu viruses while posing no risk to people.

It could offer a new, inexpensive way to eliminate airborne flu viruses in indoor public spaces such as hospitals, doctors' offices, schools, airports and aircraft, said the team from Columbia University Medical Center in New York City.

The disinfecting success of initial experiments still need to be confirmed, said lead research David Brenner.

But he believes "the use of overhead, low-level far-UVC light in public locations would be a safe and efficient method for limiting the transmission and spread of airborne-mediated microbial diseases, such as influenza and tuberculosis."

...you do realize that when the researchers are talking about UV light disinfection, they are talking about using it on surfaces OUTSIDE of the body, right?

UV-C is ionizing radiation. If you internalize a source of ionizing radiation, the only thing you'll accomplish is giving yourself cancer.

16 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Erik De Clercq.

General Concepts

Basic Mechanisms

Antiviral drugs specifically inhibit one or more steps of virus replication without causing unacceptable side effects.

Approved Antiviral Drugs 

The approved antiviral drugs and the viruses and diseases they treat are amantadine and rimantadine (influenza A virus), ribavirin (respiratory syncytial virus), idoxuridine and trifluridine (topical treatment of herpetic keratitis), vidarabine and acyclovir (systemic treatment of herpes simplex virus and varicella-zoster virus infections), famciclovir and valaciclovir (oral treatment of varicella-zoster virus infections), ganciclovir and foscarnet (cytomegalovirus), and zidovudine, didanosine, zalcitabine and stavudine (human immunodeficiency virus).

Future Antiviral Drugs

To overcome the limitations of current antiviral drugs, more effective compounds are being developed that allow greater inhibition of viruses, greater selectivity for virus-specific functions, and fewer side effects, and may avoid emergence of resistant mutants.

Specific events in virus replication identified as targets for antiviral agents are viral adsorption, penetration, uncoating, and viral nucleic acid synthesis as well as viral protein synthesis. Specificity for infected cells may occur when virus-specified enzymes (e.g., thymidine kinase-induced by herpes simplex virus or varicella-zoster virus) activate drugs (e.g., acyclovir).

Limitations include a narrow antiviral spectrum, ineffectiveness against the latent virus, development of drug-resistant mutants and toxic side effects.

Antivirals and chemo drugs are two different things. It even says in the article you mentioned above that antivirals "specifically inhibit one or more steps of virus replication without causing unacceptable side effects". Chemo drugs definitely have unacceptable side effects - they're literally poison that kills healthy and cancerous cells indiscriminately; that's why people on chemotherapy get so sick. And, once again, disinfectants outside of the body and inside the body are two different things. Isopropyl alcohol is a great antiseptic when you use it to clean wounds or disinfect surfaces, but if you consume it, it makes you violently ill and can potentially kill you.

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

In this case, it is quite dumb for Trump to say that shit, and even dumber for people to consider following it. No doctor worth his salt would sign off on that.

I understand your objections - but it's research worth doing. I know a lot more about chemo that you think. And research into a kind of light that could be used inside the lung - is fine by me. We are talking research here, not application for cryin out loud.

37 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I understand your objections - but it's research worth doing. I know a lot more about chemo that you think. And research into a kind of light that could be used inside the lung - is fine by me. We are talking research here, not application for cryin out loud.

I agree that WE are talking about research and not application, but I don't think that Trump is, and that is the issue. And I also agree that research into anything that could potentially help should be looked into, within reason. However, it is irresponsible for Trump to talk as if he knows what he's talking about, when he clearly does not. It does not help; he has his medical and scientific experts for a reason.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And this is the type of solutions the Dems have come up with...

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's administration acknowledged Tuesday that normal protocols were bypassed when a no-bid contract for coronavirus contact tracing was awarded by the state to Great Lakes Community Engagement, which is operated by a well-known Democratic consultant Michael Kolehouse -- who has previously written that President Trump should "get Coronavirus ASAP" and that someone should "do the country a favor and cough on that man," Facebook posts reviewed by Fox News show...

The Dems have lost any sense of intelligence and decency admit it TDS victims!

Michigan Democrats censure state representative for thanking Trump

A group called the 13th Congressional District Democratic Party Organization will consider censuring Whitsett when it meets Saturday, The Detroit News reported.

Whitsett is not the only Democrat to face repercussions for positive comments about Trump.

Also in Thursday, a state-level Democratic lawmaker in Georgia reversed a decision to resign after facing pressure from other Democrats for saying he supported the president.

State Rep. Vernon Jones of Lithonia said he was convinced to remain in office after receiving an outpouring of support following his initial plan to step down.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

“I will not allow the Democrats to bully me into submission,” Jones said. “I will not let them win. I will NOT resign.”

Last December, New Jersey Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew announced he was switching to the GOP after deciding that his fellow Democrats’ arguments for Trump’s impeachment were “weak” and “thin.”

5 hours ago, Axe said:

And hey, what if,, DickHeadfan or Woody fan never thought "Wait, what if I charged money instead of sucking cork for free"? 😮

Thats your job.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

HealthDay Reporter

Erik De Clercq.

General Concepts

Basic Mechanisms

Approved Antiviral Drugs

Future Antiviral Drugs

Dr. Chump and Dr. copy/paste Cal!  What a team!  Who needs Fauci and others!

I've seen the story all over Facebook head nine out of ten times as per usual headline this represents the actual quote. People on the left are truly lunatics. It is depressing if you believe the numbers saying that most people get their news from Facebook. I guess even if anybody gets their news from Facebook it's depressing. I mean seriously idiots will be idiots but sheesh.

WSS

30 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Michigan Democrats censure state representative for thanking Trump

A group called the 13th Congressional District Democratic Party Organization will consider censuring Whitsett when it meets Saturday, The Detroit News reported.

Whitsett is not the only Democrat to face repercussions for positive comments about Trump.

Also in Thursday, a state-level Democratic lawmaker in Georgia reversed a decision to resign after facing pressure from other Democrats for saying he supported the president.

State Rep. Vernon Jones of Lithonia said he was convinced to remain in office after receiving an outpouring of support following his initial plan to step down.

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

“I will not allow the Democrats to bully me into submission,” Jones said. “I will not let them win. I will NOT resign.”

Last December, New Jersey Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew announced he was switching to the GOP after deciding that his fellow Democrats’ arguments for Trump’s impeachment were “weak” and “thin.”

Insane hatred of Trump. This democrat woman on the verge of death says she was saved by hydroxychloroquine and only knew about it because of Trump speaking of it at one of his pressers. Now she is just happy to be alive and wants others to know this potentially life saving drug is available and is thankful to Trump for speaking about it. Apparently that is a bridge too far for the haters of Trump in her democrat party and she is facing censure about it. 

One of the worst things about the crisis we are in right now is those with TDS cannot put their hated of Trump aside just for a short time while we all fight this invisible enemy but instead snipe at and criticize every action Trump takes.  These haters are so obsessed they seemingly don't care if the country fails as long as Trump fails.

52 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Insane hatred of Trump. This democrat woman on the verge of death says she was saved by hydroxychloroquine and only knew about it because of Trump speaking of it at one of his pressers. Now she is just happy to be alive and wants others to know this potentially life saving drug is available and is thankful to Trump for speaking about it. Apparently that is a bridge too far for the haters of Trump in her democrat party and she is facing censure about it. 

One of the worst things about the crisis we are in right now is those with TDS cannot put their hated of Trump aside just for a short time while we all fight this invisible enemy but instead snipe at and criticize every action Trump takes.  These haters are so obsessed they seemingly don't care if the country fails as long as Trump fails.

If you worked for a company that was in crisis, would you refuse to have serious doubts about your CEO if he repeatedly suggested silly shit or half ideas in front of everyone during staff meetings?

The guy has people fully qualified to explain things but his ego can’t let him just shut up and let them handle that part of it. In times of crisis like this, the President is meant more to be a cheerleader than some webmd expert babbling on the mic. 

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

If you worked for a company that was in crisis, would you refuse to have serious doubts about your CEO if he repeatedly suggested silly shit or half ideas in front of everyone during staff meetings?

The guy has people fully qualified to explain things but his ego can’t let him just shut up and let them handle that part of it. In times of crisis like this, the President is meant more to be a cheerleader than some webmd expert babbling on the mic. 

Trump has the experts with him on the platform and turns the microphone over to them many many times. Even if his role is being a cheer leader he gets criticized for that too. The fact is he is going to get criticized (and many times hypocritically) from those on the left who hate him for anything he says or does just because he is the one saying and doing it.

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump has the experts with him on the platform and turns the microphone over to them many many times. Even if his role is being a cheer leader he gets criticized for that too. The fact is he is going to get criticized (and many times hypocritically) from those on the left who hate him for anything he says or does just because he is the one saying and doing it.

So you feel his babbling about UV lights and the internal usage of disinfectants should get a pass because some people will dislike him no matter what? 

9 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So you feel his babbling about UV lights and the internal usage of disinfectants should get a pass because some people will dislike him no matter what? 

Not a big deal. He had an expert there talking about UV lights. So he throws his opinion in. If anyone don't agree with it so what? Those who hate him are going to do it regardless and not listen to him anyway no matter what he says. I am glad he spoke up about hydroxychloroquine even if it is likely not a game changing drug. There is enough evidence in my mind it does help some and with little else as an option I would want the opportunity to take it along with zpack and zinc if I had symptoms of the virus.

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Not a big deal. He had an expert there talking about UV lights. So he throws his opinion in. If anyone don't agree with it so what? Those who hate him are going to do it regardless and not listen to him anyway no matter what he says. I am glad he spoke up about hydroxychloroquine even if it is likely not a game changing drug. There is enough evidence in my mind it does help some and with little else as an option I would want the opportunity to take it along with zpack and zinc if I had symptoms of the virus.

This rosie outlook about having a non expert babble on about shit they don’t understand would be very different if the politics were shifted. He can’t get out of his own way. Try to raise morale and leave uneducated brainstorming away from the mic. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This rosie outlook about having a non expert babble on about shit they don’t understand would be very different if the politics were shifted. He can’t get out of his own way. Try to raise morale and leave uneducated brainstorming away from the mic. 

I don't disagree at times Trump would be better off sometimes not wading into some of the issues he has the experts there to speak about. One of the things he gets faulted for is for constantly claiming the good job his admin is doing. He needs to do this as our MSM isn't going to do it so I don't fault him for that. Take the governor of NY Cuomo our liberal media is fawning all over yet he has made serious mistakes they won't report about or gloss over.

It is one thing to be biased and another thing to be biased and claim to be neutral and non partisan which is what our MSM claims. I can handle their bias but it is their hypocrisy that bugs me. Their liberal bias is usually on full display. I am biased I admit it. I am against much of what the left stands for. I try to be honest though and if I think the left is right about something I would support them. I wouldn't let my bias stop me from agreeing with them if I thought they were right on an issue.