THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft rounds 2 and 3

darren15

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Well, that makes me feel better when I say he can take random "wonky" angles.  =(

i saw a guy early that maybe rested on his high draft stock...Coach O than kicked him in the rump & after mid-season his stat numbers rose back...can't say it happened, but can't say the guy was not trying to get out of LSU injury free either.. 

FWIW here is a comment on Delpit I found on another website (don't know if I can list it here or not). I found it interesting. We know about his injury but it sounds like it was a bit worse than is generally thought: ".... my daughter’s husband is on the training staff at LSU, and he just texted me saying he played the majority of the season at far less than 100%. He was advised to shut down for 6-8 weeks but wanted to play the season out."

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

FWIW here is a comment on Delpit I found on another website (don't know if I can list it here or not). I found it interesting. We know about his injury but it sounds like it was a bit worse than is generally thought: ".... my daughter’s husband is on the training staff at LSU, and he just texted me saying he played the majority of the season at far less than 100%. He was advised to shut down for 6-8 weeks but wanted to play the season out."

And despite that he did still win the gym Thorpe award for best defensive back in college football 

Does anyone know what a decent missed tackling rate is? Delpit has averaged ~19-25%. I know that's bad but am wondering how bad it is.

Edit- Just found something. In 2015 the Saints were the worse tackling team in the NFL at 13.6%. (Btw the Browns were best that year). 20% not good at all.

5 minutes ago, Barry said:

Does anyone know what a decent missed tackling rate is? Delpit has averaged ~19-25%. I know that's bad but am wondering how bad it is.

Cleveland BrownsJermaine Whitehead recorded the lowest PFF tackling efficiency of any qualifying safety in 2019. He missed 12 tackles across just 59 total tackle attempts en route to a 4.2 tackling efficiency.

So we had worst at ~21% missed.

Best? Heath at 3.3% and Byard at 4%.

Dallas Cowboys safety Jeff Heath finished the 2019 season ranked first in PFF tackling efficiency (30.5) with just two missed tackles across 61 tackle attempts. Tennessee TitansKevin Byard finished second among qualifiers (24.8) with just four missed across 99 tackle attempts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry said:

Yea...see my edit. Yikes.

The nice thing about Delpit is that we'll be able to bring him along slowly with our current safety tandem (health permitting)  he can play a bit closer to the line, adjust to NFL speed and use his long arms and frame for bigger TE's and backs.  While also getting quality minutes playing back on a hash and center field.    So there are silver linings to be found.

hey gipper..did i just mock Chinn on the right team/pick & round....they liked Chinn working beside Tre Boston like me...Drinks on ME!! but the bars are closed🤣