THE BROWNS BOARD

2020 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Dutch Oven

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m hoping for Kittle 2.0 but I’ll settle for Kittle Lite 

Reminds me a little of Gary Barnidge 

Nfl had his comp as George Kittle. Maybe somewhat similar in the passing game but Kittle was a already a proven blocker when he came in the league. This guy is the opposite and a complete enigma as he was never asked to do it really

Just now, tiamat63 said:

I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

Something I've always felt PFF ignores.

pff had him ranked pretty high then? I'm assuming we're going really analytical if that's the case.  Did they have Phillips over Harrison?

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm on the fence about it.  Watching some of him now - his drop percentage on catchable targets is really bad.

Strange.

You'd think catching the ball consistently would be something that would be important for receivers. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

pff had him ranked pretty high then? I'm assuming we're going really analytical if that's the case.  Did they have Phillips over Harrison?

I didn't check, but would be willing to bet money they did.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Strange.

You'd think catching the ball consistently would be something that would be important for receivers. 

I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  😎               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Cant' help but notice a continuing trend of highly rated PFF players and national Award Winners.  

I see that as both a thing of good intention, but also a double-edged sword.

Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

2 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Love the TE pick......plays like an oversized slot receiver.....cannot block but a weapon

You can learn things in a pro camp that you never were asked to do in college...... like getting paid or cut from the best job you might ever get an opportunity at doing in your lifetime.

Seems to be a nice trend in the NFL with slot/slash/TE type receivers, Fits right into the BROWNS run/pass team.

GO BROWNS, draftday magic time.

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !giphy.gif

That's the reaction I was expecting for Duggar being the 2nd Safety to go off the board...

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes,  again, reminiscent of the  2015/2016 drafts ......out of which a couple of good players came:   Schobert, Duke Johnson,  Higgins.  But overall....disappointing is too small of a word to use. 

The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Nfl had his comp as George Kittle. Maybe somewhat similar in the passing game but Kittle was a already a proven blocker when he came in the league. This guy is the opposite and a complete enigma as he was never asked to do it really

Which is odd given his OT play in High School.

29 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I didn't say I don't break from the crowd unless I see better.  😎               This is a high upside pick.   Downside, you might get , as Tour said - Devalve 2.0

Well... I was (Edit) not stating it as a negative... just as a body type, game type Comparable.

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The mid round picks that you've listed weren't the issues in those drafts.  It was BADLY missing on the obvious picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds that cost this roster.

There you go... stating facts again... typical tia...

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I work at FAU, Harrison is a really humble dude. A couple of things I’d say:

he was the man on offense, and our QB play was well below average. The lane train made a bad call on the starter imo. He’s a great instinct dude but needs to get better in line blocking. A lot of those balls he dropped were wounded ducks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, The Gipper said:

Why ouch?  They were going to make some kind of a pick.   And they needed a RB.  They got a 4th round guy.  He ain't like considered the next John Henry Johnson, is he? 

I think he's going to be a quality NFL back.  And the last thing I want is my arch-rival drafting good players.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

That's the reaction I was expecting for Duggar being the 2nd Safety to go off the board...

LOL. No, that would be bad form (but it does make me Happy, Happy, Happy)

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... I was stating it as a negative... just as a body type, game type Comparable.

There you go... stating facts again... typical tia...

You gave him a pat on the back?   I gave him a boob shot for his observation.  You need to step up your game. 

Just now, jrb12711 said:

I work at FAU, Harrison is a really humble dude. A couple of things I’d say:

he was the man on offense, and our QB play was well below average. The lane train made a bad call on the starter imo. He’s a great instinct dude but needs to get better in line blocking. A lot of those balls he dropped were wounded ducks. 

That is refreshing to hear and comforting in a way.    The kid has physical potential and his size creates problems with most any linebacker or DB.     If the catching improves with the improved passing (naturally should) then it's a home run pick.

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I think he's going to be a quality NFL back.  And the last thing I want is my arch-rival drafting good players.

Looks like you have another full-time job...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

There goes Mcfarland to the Steelers.  

Ouch.

His first highlight was him burning a really good Ohio State defence.

5' 8" bowling ball that can fly.